He has a genie with two remaining wishes, why does he need to take out a loan?

He has a genie with two remaining wishes, why does he need to take out a loan?

Attached: Do-you-trust-me.jpg (700x1243, 198K)

Usury is haram.

Shit thread, here's a better topic:
Everyone is upset about Will Smith playing the genie, but Williams is dead so it's not like he could reprise the role. My question is, how would you have preferred genie to be handled in the live-action remake?

Attached: genie smith.jpg (960x540, 62K)

By not making the movie.

The genie was made of Williams, like that's literally who they based the character around. Anything else is going to feel like a cheap knockoff.

Find a different comedy actor that isn't Will Smith. Eddie Murphy would've been a better choice if they still wanted to keep genie black.

This. Besides that, idk, someone with some actual booming charisma who could make it his own? The Rock would be fine, working a crowd was his job. Don't just make it a big blue cgi version of them though, it has to be styilized still.

Smith could have done a good genie if he remembered cheap comedy like he used to do in Fresh Prince. He tried too hard when he needed to go easy.

Use one of the two main Broadway actors for him. They're pretty excellent, nailed down the mannerisms and everything, without straight up copying Robin Williams.

John Cena would make a better genie than The Rock, he's done some goofy Nickelodeon skits and commercials that have shown he can pull off lighthearted family comedy well. The Rock is more chill than goof.

Attached: john-cena-1.jpg (2048x1141, 188K)

It could also be that the script itself blows because that's been the case for more than one of these live action Disney stinkers.

It's just a joke and not really suppose to be taken serious.
Easy, not make a live-action remake in the first place.

I haven't seen the film, but I'm going to agree with something I heard a fat nerd say; they shouldn't have Will Smith try and copy Robin's shtick.

Of course though, so much change would probably bother more people than what they went with.

the script is 90% of the old things, especially for the Genie. the added parts with the bimbo cock hungry servant are fine, and the horrendous changes only affect Jafar and Jasmine.

Full CGI

>Everyone is upset about Will Smith playing the genie
Except theyre not

Because this comic is a quick chuckle and you're overthinking it.

>obviously use the original frames as reference
>result is still this shitty

Use Disney's hard-earned black market money to hire Broadway's Genie

First reply best reply

This is really what's going on. There's nothing wrong with the movie, Will's clearly gonna do his best on this, but everybody's complaining because they don't want the movie in the first place.

Because it’s funny

Because it’s funny

i think i would tolerate will more if they didn't have him as a human. just use the original design with will's voice, and it would've been better.
also this

because all the richness in the world belong to allah and women are not entitled to them since they only exist to serve men

But people liked Smith as Genie. But he was best when he was his own version of Genie and the movie was at its worse when it was trying to mimic the original.

Not at all, this movie does not need to exist.
Fuck Disney and fuck any company that went along with this live action bullshit.

What is he doing nowadays anyway?

Ryan Reynolds, Willem Dafoe, or Nicholas Cage.

Just someone big, loud, and wacky. NOT someone who is known for playing it cool. I'd even take Seth Macfarlane or Jim Carrey.