MAJOR SPOILERS Yea Forums REALTED

MAJOR SPOILERS Yea Forums REALTED

Meanwhile, a conspiracy theorist blogger named The Big T (Michael Rooker) reports about a half-man, half-sea creature sinking ships in the South China Sea, a figure in red, and a supernatural woman choking people with rope and compelling them to tell the truth, linking them with Brightburn and saying that these super-powered beings are out on Earth.

Is this DCEU canon?

Attached: Brightburn-posterGT.jpg (960x1200, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=107835959
collider.com/brightburn-ending-explained/
slashfilm.com/brightburn-easter-egg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

evil versions of JL probaly
or the sea creature could also be one of those trench creatures from aquaman

Why would it be DCEU canon when it's not even DC

what about evil batman

No you dummy the point is there's a Bright Burn U where there's evil versions of all the DCU.

Probably not but wouldn’t be a stretch to have it as an alternate Earth in DCEU’s Multiverse. Hey, that means DCEU Would finally beat the MCU in doing something first

None of this means shit unless this film gets a sequel/spinoff

Because fuck DCEU.

Well except for Wonder Woman I guess

So, how's this doing in the box office?

Chances for a cinematic universe?

I found the movie OK, but can be better.

Serial killer in a costume.

Fake

According to box office mojo it’s made 17 million dollars worldwide with a 6 million dollar budget.

so...Infinite Crisis?

This movie reminded me of a comic I read when I first started out that I'm struggling to remember. It was about an evil (I think) version of Superman. He was raised by the government in a weird sealed environment with fake parents like the Truman Show. There was also a Batman but he was black. I feel like it was written by JMS but I can't find it on his wiki. It could have been Millar, it was his style. It had some generic name like Powers or Super or something.

Who can help?

Attached: taco.gif (469x348, 836K)

>a figure in red

How has no one on Yea Forums seen Super? It’s Gunn’s best film

Attached: 4L_7ELscKYY.gif (350x180, 485K)

I've seen it. It's real.

So how a sequel is pretty much set.

How do you think is going to go? They as teenagers conquering the world? Maybe some Darksied expy as a savior?

Supreme Power?

Attached: 33A24CDA-B710-4869-A106-EA0792490943.jpg (600x892, 101K)

He's in the movie for a cameo. A photgraph

Pretty sure that was one of the runs of squadron supreme, it sounds familiar

Hyperion.

i saw the movie saturday. it was pretty good, but it could have been a lot better because most of the stuff the kid does happens off screen. the only 2 brutal scenes he does that they do show is him dropping the car with his uncle inside and the uncles lower jaw gets ripped off by the crash in the steering wheel. and when he laser eyes his father through his skull[/spoiler[

Attached: prime kills batman.jpg (880x668, 701K)

I fucking see what you did, you know this shit isn't Yea Forums related, but with that shitty question everybody knows the answer to you anchor it as Yea Forums related, Just go to Yea Forums

Also this movie should've just been The Cape adaptation

Attached: cape.jpg (701x1077, 144K)

Mmm, depends if they would wanna do a full mirror of the DCEU, personally I feel they should set up the “Seven” properly, I could see them joining together after conquering Earth for the rest of the world, sort of like the opposite of other superhero teams to team up to keep their world protected

It's this for real

Did Batman live in that comic?

Not Yea Forums, take the fucking hint

Okay but it sorta is

Didn't they also won a Oscar first thanks to Suicide Squad?

Oh yeah, weird year

It is Supreme Power, thanks. I read it over a decade ago and I literally just realized that it was a Squadron Supreme prequel

This is secretly an origin story universe for the Crime Syndicate and no one can convince me otherwise.

Give me one good reason that isn't just

>b-b-but it's about super people

oh boy here we go again.

As a matter of fact, it is

Attached: batman.jpg (482x483, 39K)

Yes. Thanks to Suicide Squad, DC has the honor of winning the same Oscar that Harry and the Hendersons won

Because fuck DC and fuck you

I liked that movie

>I-It doesn't c-count

Attached: 1478173160380.jpg (708x632, 78K)

Fuck no

This is way too good to be a part of any DC piece of shit

You mean other than being shit?

wut

It isn't at all.

Shills think crossover audience means it can be shilled anywhere. This is not Yea Forums material at all.

WW, Aquaman and Shazam were good. Man of Steel was decent at best

Last thread is still up so it's Yea Forums

Get over it or consider suicide

Why wouldn't it count DKek? You may as well have one DC oscar seeing as Based Marvel has like 9 now

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

So what feats does this dude have? Any unique powers, or is he just 1:1 with Superman?

Oh boy its you......

Attached: lXSWGjR.png (1092x1037, 65K)

pretty much superman without a kryptonite weakness. still he's a 12 year old boy but he can
- fly
- invunerable
- super strenght
- super speed
- laser eyes
- enhanced hearing

His only weakness is the metal from his ship can cut him.

Supes + control electronic devices.

Hi ladderfag

and he stops his mom from using it. then destroys the place by having the plane crash ontop of it

Attached: superman abuses cheetara.jpg (300x491, 37K)

He was never shown to have enhanced hearing

The fact that it's a Sony Picture is all the proof that it's not.

the scene with the chickens. he was testing and filtering his sense of hearing

>liking Non-MCU Gunn movies
Yikes.

Attached: 20190527_105544.png (720x927, 237K)

Fuck you buddy. Scooby Doo is kino

i care little for le edgy superhero but if they make another with some mad aquaman and sociopathic wonder woman im all down for watching it

Gunn TRIED to make that a shit movie on purpose, he wanted the world to hate Scrappy and succeeded

Citizen Toxie, Tromeo and Juliet, Slither, and Super are all excellent though.

No he was just staring at them like an autist before he murders them

Actually, they aren't.

Would anyone even remember "Super" if Ellen Page wasn't in it?

I doubt its DCEU/Earth 3. It's probably just a one off film touching on audience's fascination of "What if superheroes were evil?"

>i care little for le edgy superhero
>but if they make more le edgy superhero movies I'd definitely watch it

Attached: 1558869070853.jpg (478x424, 79K)

Since this thread is a shitshow anyway.

Who is your favorite take on 'guys what if Superman but evil?'

Attached: 3625ae426b491a0a8678b6da00f6e88a.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>evil superman movie
>evil superman, aquaman and wonderwoman movie
you have no right to even call me a retard you know it would 5x more interesting you fucking dickweed

>a sequel is pretty much set.
It turned a profit, but reviews and Cinemascore, PostTrak, etc. aren't great. Could hurt the chances of a sequel if audiences weren't here for the concept.

All I want is a horror GL desu.

see GL is my fave but im worried well get something like the dark knights dawnbreaker and i really dont want that

>Evil Wonder Woman who goes around choking you with her rope and making you submit to her
pretty hot desu

Attached: brightburn credits michael rooker big t justice league (1).jpg (755x457, 32K)

she was the worst thing about Super, though. She's where the movie went wrong.

The moment the MCU didn't get banned you allowed live action on Yea Forums

The budhet is 12 million, the marketing budget should be around 20 million, the movie would have to make 60 million to really make a profit.

Opening at 17 million, with terrible WoM and terrible Cinemascore, it will probably make less money than the last "Hellboy".

when has bad reviews stopped the DCEU

in fact, it's rated higher than MoS, BVS, etc.

The MCU is at least kind of based on comics. This is a completely original property despite people being tards about the DCEU and Earth-3.

It's more like Chronicle and stuff like that than the MCU.

This isn't Warner's DCEU, it's Sony.

I could go for that stuff Alexander Nero did

Attached: 02EE02A3-A8C5-4C1B-A3DD-BBFED07BE593.jpg (1024x700, 94K)

They’re already doing a weird Spiderman-less Spider-man MCU, not much of a stretch,

how is this Yea Forums

then why the fuck would you say you dont care for evil capeshit in general? You should've said you dont care for evil superman stories, you fucking retard.

because aqua man needs more love you dimwit
plus a fucking wonder woman going around tying men up in a brutal no nonsense fashion seems cool

>Michael Rooker

Hell yeah

Sure.

>Bad news on Screen Gems/H Collective’s Brightburn. While Sony contends the movie cost $6M net before P&A, we heard from two sources with knowledge of the budget that the R-rated horror, anti-Superman film cost $12M net after Georgia rebates, which means Brightburn will not reach break-even after distribution costs.

James "Flopper" Gunn.

what about the the glass in the eyeball?

So the real monster was the state of Georgia? That's deep.

The fuck? That rape scene is the reason must normies remember the movie.

It's a Gunn movie he's always in them

Except for Suicide Squad because Rooker's smart enough to not throw his career away on DC shit

She had the waitress dissected next to his space ship

That sucks, I was hoping for a Saw/Hostel situation, a bunch of R rated movies making just enough to justify a sequel.

I would 100% watch an Aquaman movie where the Atlantians were doing the whole Innsmouth thing.

It's not
I'm pretty sure the faggots who keep making these threads are basing it off the fact it's mildly capeshit and hoping that no one realizes this isn't based on any comic

Couldn't he just use x-ray vision to look at the bitchy girl naked and quell his little pecker? Tween Superman would never go evil for that very reason.

I always felt like Megamind was one script revision away from being a perfect movie.

I say evil Flash's movie would be in the disaster film genre. where his speeds can generate great destruction. Perhaps even let his speed have Butterfly effect powers.

>Brightburn universe
>Speed Demon runs so fast it create it's own Flash paradox
>He is now in a world opposite to their
>In it, Brightburn, Mothman, Wonder VVitch, Fishman, others are a bunch of happy kids being best friends.

Everybody already hated scrappy retard zoomer

I'd say see how this week ends.

There is a character in red suit. It's more than likely the flash expy character, but it could be.

I think it’s the guy from a previous Gunn movie, Crimson Bolt.

And the kids are being mentored by a well-adjusted Frank/Crimson Bolt

>psychological horror film created from constructs from a child's mind
>It all gets worse and worse until it breaks the child

Someone get a script!

Alien kid crashes on earth, prehistoric creatures evolve into evil Aquaman, billionaire secret serial killer uses his wealth to kill nobodies and incite street violence in the shadows - all these things have some grounding in science and realism, as opposed to something supernatural or magic.

What would evil Wonder Woman be, even if it was supernatural? Goth girl tries to summon Satan in a ritual where she hangs herself, and the demon imprints her with its strength, along the noose now having the power to force the truth?

Yea Forums is not the superhero board. Go to if you want to discuss this particular movie.
Everyone else, report the OP for breaking >>>co/rules/1
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=107835959

>What would evil Wonder Woman be, even if it was supernatural? Goth girl tries to summon Satan in a ritual where she hangs herself, and the demon imprints her with its strength, along the noose now having the power to force the truth?

The film talks about what seems to be the spirit of a witch that strangles people with a noose. it actually mirrors wonder woman pretty well

Makes sense.

>Amazon
>Witch
>Both are typically female oriented
>Witches, through black magic, can be given immortality, or at least their soul
>Amazons are depicted with youthful beauty, while witches are shown with an adults ugliness
>Wonderwoman comes to a mans world with her lasso of truth
>Witches on trial, were hung by a noose which can be represented by "Justice" of man's world.

>"We wrote tons of alternate versions of those credits teases, including some that were a little more out there. We talked about Caitlyn — it ends with her in a lab fastening a robot arm on her broken arm, and her just pissed off… We just bounced around ideas for hours and some of them were ridiculous and some of them were cool, like that."

collider.com/brightburn-ending-explained/

Here's your Gunnverse Batman/Lex Luthor, Yea Forums.

Attached: Caitlyn.jpg (780x439, 34K)

Marketing team probably paid the mods to leave it here

I said "typically female oriented" just because of warlocks are essentially male witches.

The problem is that Saw movies are stupidly cheap to film. For Brightburn (and any potential evil JL sequel) you'd need a lot more for special effects good enough to prevent the movie from looking like a Sy Fy original.

It's always shills with you people.

>Horror franchise about killer superheroes.

Attached: e9cy0uihopny.jpg (1024x657, 106K)

Don't you know? You can only talk about a new five years after it releases and it doesn't get a sequel.

Not the most ridiculous thing for horror

Yeah but at least things like Leprechaun are purposely campy given their ridiculousness.

>Take current popular movie
>Make horror film out of it
So this is basically "Scary Movie" but without comedy

>Brightburn is Brightburn
>Batman is the Crimson Bolt, I guess?
>Wonder Woman is a supernatural hangwoman.
>Aquaman is an aquatic monster.

What about them?

Attached: The Brave and the Bold.jpg (560x280, 41K)

What else do you want it to be?
Yea Forums refugees that feel the need to shit up Yea Forums further with something that isn't even an adaptation of a comic or cartoon?

Crimson Bolt is a reference to aJames Gunn film called Super. Their Batman would probably be some Ozymandias shit? I don’t even know

The thing is Crimson Bolt was taking inspiration from non-powered superhero comics that Ellen Page's character recommended (Green Arrow, Batman).

Yeah, but is he really a good fit for a universe like this? I mean he’s more depressing than horror, I mean he could fit but not as Batman

I can't be the only one who felt weird watching it because it's basically me when I was 12 right? Like I don't have super powers or anything, but the whole bullying and wanting revenge thing just made me feel really awkward because I remember feeling those same things. Granted not to the extent of what the kid actually does but still.

Is the figure in red evil flash or a reference to Super?

Honestly I think Super works best as its own thing because it has a pretty good resolution to his story. Bringing him back might just undermine it. They could just say that Crimson Bolt has a different trajectory in the Brightburn universe though.

Also, I noticed people talking about the spoilers mentioned the diner where the kid kills is called Darbo's. Crimson Bolt's real name is Frank Darbo, isn't it? And he was a short-order cook?

Might be a reference to Super.

slashfilm.com/brightburn-easter-egg/

That's Professor Pig. Evil Batman could be a rich orphan Punisher type of vigilante.

The Grim Knight?

Gotta say, it was pretty impressive for just 7 mil. CGI was a bit dodgy at times, but a good amount of practical effects and sets as well as really good gore.

Hopefully a sequel brings a bigger budget so they can fully realize this concept that felt very much limited by what they had to work with.

Supreme Power, and Ultimized version of Squadron Supreme