Why didn't she just come out to Ginger?

Why didn't she just come out to Ginger?

Attached: 1458291884402.png (468x530, 212K)

Censoring would have never allowed it

She didn't even know she was gay. Probably wouldn't find out until college when some really hot dyke took her and showed her the pleasures of sappho.

Even if she knew, she knew Ginger wasn't. She'd rather suffer alone than ever risk her friendship with her.

Exactly, that's how much she valued her.

Why didnt her brother?

Whatever happened to her after her family went broke?

>Even if she knew, she knew Ginger wasn't
Didn't courtney used to have a crush on a guy?
She could have eased ginger into it and turned her out.

Yes Darren older brother
Crush in itself was kind of innocent, I'm not sure she even talk to him

Nobody knows, but I think her family bought Ginger's house and started living the middle-low class life.

user, be grateful they allowed a white girl-black guy romance.

This hurts to read

Attached: 9372866400.jpg (284x284, 16K)

I'm sure she got plenty of pussy in college. I'm sure she still wonders what'd it be like to be with Ginger, guess it's true what they say. The grass is always greener on the other side.

>Have ginger kid
>name them Ginger

Thanks for giving her family an ending.

i think she only liked him because he was popular. she just didn't realize it

IIRC, it was because her mother couldn't stop eating ginger snaps when she was pregnant.

Courtney wasn't gay, what're you talking about?

she obviously wanted ginger's vag
also the creator of the show said she was gay and wanted Courtney to come out in the movie

This. It’s not worth it if you know it’s inevitable because they are straight. You can only find solace in the fact they’re happy with their boyfriend and their happiness makes you happy.

I actually feel bad, especially considering every cartoon coming out now has some type of gay or lesbian. Courtney was legit not allowed to come out of the closet.

>also the creator of the show said she was gay and wanted Courtney to come out in the movie
Seriously?
Did he say how Ginger would have responded?

she was a gay character that was actually written well. unlike today where gay characters are just a bunch of stereotypes or just being bland

I think she talked about it but it's been a while i've forgotten it. just search it on youtube or something it's usually talked about in ginger trivia and lore discussion

No. Emily Kapnek confirmed in an interview that Courtney wasn't gay for Ginger.

Reminds me of Big Mouth when the gay kid meets an older gay man who tells him "being gay and sassy isn't a personality."

because ginger is in to incest and not lesbians

I barely remember this show.
She was gay? I though she just wanted to be friends.

This is one show I truly don't want remade. I can't imagine it getting more than 2 or 3 seasons if it were (re)made today.

She's bi, though it only came out after it had ended. She was definitely gay for Ginger, though.

Yup, Ginger un-intentionally light a big gay fire in Courtney heart. Probably didn't help she was her actual maid on one episode.

>She was definitely gay for Ginger, though.
Why the poor redhead? Courtney had her own harem of bitches.

Her gaggle of thots? Maybe Miranda was her one true friend, and even then she had a toxic personality. I think Courtney admired Ginger in more ways than one. Her only real problem was being poor.

I guess it just happened? Also helped that Ginger was just kinda nice and attractive (in-universe I assume).

Shippers ruin shows.

that sounds like a you problem.

>You can only find solace in the fact they’re happy with their boyfriend
Darren and Ginger broke up.

In the future they get back and have a daughter

she was also fake as fuck. she didn't deserve ginger.

Attached: 899023242.webm (644x480, 2.05M)

Well, I paid a visit (and it's possible I missed it), it seemed different but exactly the same.

Stuffing your bra pretty normal for her age, using tissue for a bathing suit probably wasn't the smartest idea.

Negro... that's not "fake as fuck", that's "your average teen girl". IDK if it's still a thing since there's all sort of bras that make your tits look bigger now, but it used to be a thing, less often girls trying to look stacked and more often paranoid boards trying to look like they have boobs though.

This to be honest...Don't risk friendships to confess you feelings if you know everything will just crash and burn.

Attached: charlie_brown_snow.gif (500x375, 371K)

>using tissue for a bathing suit probably wasn't the smartest idea
She later switched it out for bubble wrap.

Weren't they dating?

Miranda was awesome. Black characters are rarely allowed to be assholes in cartoons unless it's comical but Miranda was just a bitch through and through with no redeeming qualities. It was refreshing.

Probably her best arc was when she was in boot camp with Darren. I always thought they should have ended up together.

DESU, Darren turn into an asshole when he got those braces contraption off his head.

>Ginger wasn't.

She was, though.

It was one of those early concepts that they couldn't fully develop before Nick shot it down.
I think her little brother was supposed to be gay for Carl as well.
Fucking Griplings, I'll bet their parents each have a side-ho as well.

>I think her little brother was supposed to be gay for Carl as well.
Oh he was very fucking gay for Carl. Carl actually just found him annoy and wanted him to buzz off, I think there's a few episodes where Carl feels pity for him.

Exactly. Courtney has shown that she values Ginger to a degree that probably surprises even herself. She's never had a true friend like that before, and that can easily mix with the feelings you have for your first love.

Two scenarios:
1) Kapnek thinks Courtney's gay but doesn't want to stigmatize the character (or herself).
2) Kapnek thinks Courtney's straight but her characterization takes on a life of its own separate from the creator's original intent.

Courtney had fake tendencies in the beginning because that was what was expected of her by society. She didn't know better - and it certainly didn't help that her former bestie was Miranda.

How would people react to this scene if it was aired today?, I feel people are more strict with this kind of stuff that 10 years ago.

Would’ve been better as a white boy-Black guy