Oh god, what did they do now?

Oh god, what did they do now?

Attached: i-djtK4rP-2100x20000.jpg (2100x1052, 521K)

>their livelihood depends them
Haha, idiot

>2100x1052

really?

How does the art keep getting worse? How do the jokes keep getting worse? Jesus.

What's the problem? I've never really been a fan of this comic, but I respect that they actually started using bigger image resolutions, and even went back to their archives and replaced all the old strips with bigger versions. I didn't even know they had spared the original art of all those strips for such a long time.

>shirt art
>gradient backgrounds
>wall of meaningless text

Hah, nope.

You have your answer in the second panel.

Not them but some Fortnite player got suckered into making a terrible contract and the controversy regarding that blew up

Attached: d1vhlri-dcdad797-13f5-47f3-bdf0-a7d72071c7c8.png (789x791, 85K)

BALD

this comic would function exactly the same, if not better, as a tweet

It's 2019. All of you should be over the age of 28 by now. You're old enough to have a good job and afford a monitor that's bigger than 30 inches.

>why am I so bald?

>2019
>Still a thing
what is this timeline

And nothing of value was lost.

BOY I LOVE VIDEOGAMES!

Was this webcomic every supposed to be funny? It's the only one where I consistently have trouble finding the punchline.

This is honestly pretty shitty advice. Generally if you want to do any kind of business with a legitimately sizeable amount of money, contracts are there to make sure both parties are safe. IE you don't get fucked out of money and a client doesn't get fucked out of work (which happens more often than people getting fucked out of money). Its also good to just put down on paper what your royalties and percentages are.

This is the same sort of "dude don't build credit" shit rich people tell poor people to fuck them over. Fuck these guys.

This.
If you don't want to be fucked by a contract, just READ THE CONTRACT before you sign it.
>work at phone place
>always give clients as much time as they want to read the contract first
>maybe one person in a thousand actually does
>everyone else just asks me where to sign so they can get their new instant gratification device as fast as possible

Attached: 1519420624450.png (378x374, 165K)

you're giving way too much credit for disposable mobile devices.
Now employment contracts that's a zinger.

Are you me bro? People just sign the bloody thing and never question what's going on, and when the bill goes up they come in fuming and you're just like "bro... You signed on the goddamn dotted line."

That’s literally the advice in the comic.

It actually used to be hysterical, it's just that that was over a decade ago at this point.

Attached: 267025295_kmCSy-2100x20000.jpg (2100x1052, 507K)

The artstyle is like day and night

Was just coming to post this. They themselves signed an awful deal until Robert Khoo came along and helped them for free and that's what allowed it to blow up into the PAX empire it did. It was mentioned multiple times during Strip Search and resulted in a challenge where the contestants had to look over a contract and negotiate with Khoo.

>everyone else just asks me where to sign so they can get their new instant gratification device as fast as possible

That's the only reason these contracts exist though, why would any sane person see an ad saying "get the new Iphone for 10$ + a hundred each month for years, btw the kill fee is your firstborn's soul and 2 buckets of tendies " and NOT assume they're getting fucked over at some point ?

Attached: honkhonk.png (680x680, 221K)

>>work at phone place

It's a kiosk, David. Stop trying to pretend it's more than what it is.

To be fair, these things are designed specifically to be as agonizing as possible to go through because if everyone managed to get through em literally nobody would be in business

What a pair of pretentious faggots you two are, getting high off the smell of your own farts. People sign those contracts because they're boilerplate at every provider, and if they don't like it, they're going to have to deal with the inconvenience of not owning a cellphone. This isn't a negotiable situation. If they read through the contract and don't like it, what are they going to do? Erect their own telecom towers, program their own OS, micro-sodder their own cellphone?

Unless Pig-Like has a stream of him drawing these I'm convinced they're ghost-drawn.

>replaced all the old strips
Please tell me they didn't also redraw them.

Attached: notom.jpg (604x437, 49K)

The spoiler is exactly what happened to me. One just has to learn the lesson.

You do realize that there isn’t a standard phone payment plan, right? You are an actual adult and realize that the same store will have multiple options for the same damn phone, right? You aren’t just some loser who parents paid for his phone, right?!

No, I'm not aware of them redrawing any of the art in the old strips; they just changed their entire archives into high resolution. For example, see pic related. I saved a copy of that strip way back in 2008, and the copy I saved back then was 750 pixels wide. The current version on their site is nearly 2000 pixels wide.

Attached: 215539431_rm82u-2100x20000.jpg (1948x1014, 808K)

They apparently didn't even touch the infamous dickwolves strip despite all the problems it caused them. It's still on the site, just a lot bigger than at the time of its original publication.

Attached: 965474677_7etTF-2100x20000.jpg (2100x1052, 594K)

Not that user, but it's just different flavors of fuckery.
That being said a more accurate example to what user is talking about is iTunes or something where it practically is a monopoly.

It would be funny if it was just one, but there was more than one point in their early years where they technically didn't even own Penny Arcade because they had signed it all away to some random fuck. Khoo's influence has arguably turned the nature of the comic a bit corporate but fuck it, those two idiots fucking needed it

I think this is pretty unfair, the art in PA is consistently way better than is necessary, for every strip with gradient backgrounds and talking heads there's a couple with dumbass good art that could have easily just been gradient backgrounds and talking heads because the humor has shifted to be more conversational than the angry violence it used to be.

>remember back during the modern warfare 2 controversy regarding dedicated servers, they made a comic mocking the people upset about it
>years down the line now and shooters are all matchmaker-ridden shitfests and all the worse for it
Yeah these two can go fuck themselves.

That's really cool. Incredibly fucking late but cool.

You're an idiot, purposefully missing the point here.

They're telling artists to get representation before signing contacts.

>than the angry violence it used to be.
There have been three good PA strips posted in this thread that doesn't have shitty gradient backgrounds and aren't angry violence.
Go fuck yourself

why is he so bald ?

Attached: bald.jpg (750x388, 80K)

i'm 99% certain other people draw for them now

This is a stupid running joke

>sodder
it's solder, my hindu friend

Maybe your bosses shouldn't specifically design those contracts to be as roundabout in its phrasing as possible, even going as far as to state what charges do and then have asterisks next to them that state what the REAL charge is.

I still love her.

Attached: Annarchy_Full.png (918x566, 394K)

If you ever amass enough wealth in your life or think you're reaching emprie status. Get a fucking lawyer to read any contract before you sign. Preferably ones not used by Sega.

There is a reason lawyers are an entire profession all onto themselves.

thats pretty bad anatomy

>sodder

>Tycho puts his actual niece into the comic
>is shocked, shocked, when perverts fap to her

It didn't help that he gave her a belly shirt and bare feet.

Attached: Paxpromo4.jpg (1065x852, 399K)

I feel like the crux of the argument is that penny-arcade is no longer funny and the art is getting lazier/homogenized.

These guys have been at it for so long it's no surprise that the art has changed over time and no premise is funny for the million years this fucking strip has existed. They can't do edgy humor because they have too many fans who REEE at everything so it's on them to do bottom of the barrel shit that's formulated to make a broad audience exhale from their nose.

These dudes run on pure momentum + side hustle money.

What exactly do you expect people to do with the information in the contract? They don't know what half the shit means. Only a lawyer is qualified to really understand any contract of importance. Our society is built on exploitation and deceit at the most fundamental level.

He sort of wasn't. It's more that they tried to normalize it on their own forums thinking he'd just be somehow cool with it instead of just acknowledging that the internet is a fucked up place and that there's nothing he can do about it

Shouldn't she be 25 now?

He could have not put her in the fucking comic in the first place.

Also, ah, the Penny Arcade Forums. That takes me back. Good old Social Entropy++.

Given what he lets on about his opinions of his family, he probably considered it the highest of praises on his part. Also given how radically different Tycho and Gabe look compared to Mike and Jerry I imagine there was just a bit of artistic liberty going on

I'm guessing this is the Tfue vs. FaZe clan thing

They got married. To other people.