The 2010s

>the 2010s
Worst Marvel decade ever? Worst Marvel decade ever.
inb4 MUH MCU

Attached: Marvel Now 2.0.jpg (766x1138, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107178387/#107178387
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107731780/#107731780
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ms-Marvel-2014
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ms-Marvel-2016
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Magnificent-Ms-Marvel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not possible when this exists. But you probably haven't read it, dumb Wojakposting retard

Attached: 2335426-fury_2.jpg (1120x832, 557K)

Post Marvel Waifus from the 2010's.

Attached: fc79a008f8a27d2bf74bc74cd0eaf632.jpg (626x900, 121K)

I'd say tied with the 90s. But it's getting better again

We got Uncanny X-Force by Remender, most stuff by Jonathan Hickman, the culmination of DnA's Cosmic Epic, Agent Venom, Alan Heinberg's second Young Avengers run... That's just the tip of the Iceberg that came quickly to my mind.
Are you kidding?

Immortal Hulk.

>Alan Heinberg's second Young Avengers run
Shit
>culmination of DnA's Cosmic Epic
Subpar
>Uncanny X-Force by Remender
>Agent Venom
Ended in what, 2011?

90s marvel is way fucking worse
>muh titties
Fuck off

There was Waid's Daredevil too

Probably.

Attached: 1556675466688.png (1041x1600, 2.77M)

>ms. marvel flopped
really? I thought that was one of marvels biggest hits

She's been selling like dog shit for years now.

>user doesn't know

Attached: scholastic.png (902x334, 37K)

>DC+Marvel+Dark Horse+Image+IDW=Scholastic
oh no. no no no NOO

Attached: Americá Chávez.jpg (486x757, 130K)

>wojak poster is a dumb DCuck

This isn't surprising really.

Attached: exiles_valkyrie_javier_rodriguez.jpg (2328x1800, 416K)

I bet you get excited for every Captain Marvel relaunch

Attached: tumblr_inline_nxrrugBsbl1rqpcix_500.jpg (500x512, 142K)

He's not wrong though, is he?

Attached: squirrel.jpg (637x367, 81K)

i don't think anyone does

Who did this?
Different sections of the picture look like the work of different artists.

>Different sections of the picture look like the work of different artists.
huh? no it doesnt

Goran Parlov

Getting mad over wojack is what fags do

Scholastic is subsidized by every elementary school in the country, in addition to a shit ton of medical facilities for children. It's not like any old magazine in the supermarket. The school system pays for this shit.

Cash is cash

She's not from the 2010's

so...it doesn't matter if it sells...but it only matters if it sells through comic stores?

What do you mean? I remember Scholastic from when I was a kid. The school didn't pay for any of it, the parents did.

Attached: BV153-1.jpg (800x1230, 176K)

T&A > PC&SJWs

With the second half turning to shit
After Ikari that run became garbage

That version of her is. The series debuted in 2015. She looked completely different prior.

Attached: tumblr_pbk1yg4fn91tb1empo1_500.jpg (500x261, 57K)

Attached: EXILES1Cover.jpg (450x682, 77K)

stop posting that shitty exiles comic!

>Bendis leaves
>Marvel gets better
heh

so the 90s can't be the worst decade because marvels exist.

gotcha

Attached: 51813fK8BhL.jpg (325x500, 63K)

Attached: 1521657935175.jpg (232x589, 32K)

Last one.

Attached: EXILES_KHAN_MCCKONE_CVR.jpg (558x858, 104K)

The best thing to come from this is the parody pictures

Attached: images (4).jpg (194x260, 13K)

Why did OG Rider rape her on the original comics? He was always a good guy.
Imagine if someone took a minor DC Character, let's say Sandman and decided to make him rape Black Canary or The Huntress just because

Attached: msmarvel13election5jpg.jpg (1300x1974, 325K)

i think i must be a boomer for marvel comics because i literally only read marvel comics from the 60s.

>yep, now stan and jack on the fantastic four, those were comics

Attached: boomer.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

Why does anyone read current comics? Chances are there's a lot of better stuff from the '60s, '70s and '80s you missed.

Attached: wall of shit.jpg (3188x2172, 3.44M)

Attached: invinc-iron-man-8.jpg (2500x1286, 2.46M)

holy shit look how old this image is
>shitty oh Zdarsky
>Origional Sin
>Cartoon before it was even a thing

jesus, you came from 8 years ago didn't you?

>Reminder, Kamala is under 18 and can’t legally vote.
>Reminder, unregistered and anonymous persons like superheroes are legally allowed to vote

>forgetting the 90's

Nothing that has happened this decade has come close to what The Crossing did.

the funny thing is, i read marvel comics from the 60s and DC from post crisis-today.

same. also, fuck justin bieber, long live real rock and roll like led zeppelin.

Attached: boomer looking at boomer.jpg (994x612, 60K)

As someone who read and enjoyed marvel Mangaverse, 15-love, Eden's Trail, and other questionable early 2000's stuff, I'd say sure 2010's succed.
Hey remember when Marvel produced french comics, that was pretty cool right.?

God, Champions is like a snowflameless new Guardians.

yes, Marvel published even Skydoll for a while. But they fucked up and lost that license

Attached: Sky_Doll_Doll_Factory_Vol_1_1.jpg (853x1300, 121K)

forced meme cock sucker

>Hey remember when Marvel produced french comics, that was pretty cool right.?
I don't, please, what were those?

In 2008, Marvel Comics is collaborating with them on English translations of several of their titles, including Sky Doll, Universal War One, Samurai: Legend, Scourge of the Gods and Ythaq: The Forsaken World
The french company was Soleil

I hate that this fell through, I really want to own Universal War One and Two

Thank you!

>The best thing to come from this is the parody pictures

Attached: bobbie bombed.jpg (509x767, 311K)

This needs to have the "I'm literally in shock and awe" page.

I can't even begin to tell you what's wrong with this image, like, holy shit...

>Zdarsky
Proven cuck
>Original Sin
Everyone hated that bullshit retcon for Thanos Imperative
>Cartoon before it was even a thing
Wow it's almost as if people hated CalArts before the memes

>Proven cuck
Someone had sex with his wife?

Only good thing to come out of this era was Ghost Rider.

>Ghost rider 2014.
>features ethnic Main character.
>doesn't make the story about racism or police corruption
>doesn't make the character a hateable gary stu
>actually makes a Hispanic character with Character flaws and redeemable qualities.
>pays resepct to source material and acknowledges the other Ghost riders existence.

Hell yea

Attached: 5600d5c5544f767d4a205e23563e3a84.jpg (1988x3056, 900K)

Reminder that the 2010's gave us the best Nova.

Attached: 2940092-sam_8.jpg (1280x1967, 1.64M)

Fuck you combler.

>if I say combler that will make me right
Kek, sure user, suuuuuuure.

Attached: u mad.png (540x372, 476K)

>>Zdarsky
>Proven cuck
he only joked about that in Sex Criminals. and those jokes were actually at Matt Fraction not himself.

Robbie has some nice things but being a "ethnic Main character" isnt a good things that deserves thumbs up. The character needs a decent origin for once, a redesign because this teenager thing sucks a some people draw him as a fag. Would be cool if he was Dom-like. And they should focus on the car too, its a big aspect of his character.

lol retard no one cares about this little faggot. Rich will always be the only Nova.

Attached: image.png (969x569, 717K)

>combler
Someone knows big boy words. Tell me what you didn't like about ghost rider?

I'm just saying, Everytime a character is ethnic, they have to be all about race, or politics, etc. It just feels good to have a decent character.

But I do agrer, the car should have been done up more.

The whole Marvel Now Sjw PC period was definitely bad but at least Marvel eventually realized it was bleeding them customers. Plus we've had some really good and fun comics this decade that I like. Stuff like Immortal Hulk, 2015 Secret Wars and others for example

I'd probably have to go through everything and compare.

>90's Iron Man: Byrne run w/ Armor Wars II, Fin Fang Foom, and Mandarin; Kaminski era "Death" of Iron Man, Rhodey becoming War Machine; Avengers: The Crossing, death of Iron Man, Teen Tony replaces him; Heroes Reborn; Heroes Return w/ Busiek

>10's Iron Man: Fraction finishes up his run, Gillen run w/ revelation that Tony is adopted; Superior Iron Man; Bendis Iron Man w/ Civil War 2, Riri, and Doom; Slott Iron Man

Well Superior Iron Man had a better antagonist Iron Man than the Kang-manipulated Iron Man of The Crossing. But I think I'd rather read Busiek's, Byrne's, and Kaminski's Iron Man over everything else from the 10's.

I have nothing against him. I just hate the fact that he could have been more than "Mexican GR".
Ill continue to write my fanfics. Robbie would be so much better but people like Aaron will write him as a generic (minority) teenager forever.

>inb4 MUH MCU
MCU is part of the reason it's so shitty though. Marvel stopped caring about the comics in terms of using them to tell stories and just turned it into this shitty combinatino of IP farm and fodder for film/TV adaptations and also changing everything in a failed attempt to get MCU normalfags into the comics.

The worst shit from this decades -- America, Hellcat, the destruction of the X-Men, Jordan D. White, whatever -- likely wouldn't have happened if Marvel actually gave half a shit about its comics.

Most of that is shit, especially Children's Crusade. The best stuff Marvel put out this decade was books like Superior Foes, Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Yost's Scarlet Spider and right now Spencer's ASM.

Shit most of this decade was taken up by Slott's ASM/SSM shit so if you liked Spider-Man it was a pretty bad time.

>lol retard no one cares about this little faggot. Rich will always be the only Nova.

>he honestly doesn't know.
You must have been away from Yea Forums for about 3 years. Welcome back.

>On one hand: The entire “All-New, All-Different/Marvel NOW!” line save 3-4 exceptions
>On the other: Hickman’s FF, Ultimates, Avengers and the entire Secret Wars line, the last good Bendis Avengers books, Ellis/Brubaker/Remender Secret Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Fraction Hawkeye, Waid Daredevil, X-force, invention of Ms Marvel Kamala, Grand Design, Miracle Man reprints (until Gaiman fucked off), Ellis/Lemire Moon Knight, Karnak
So you win some you lose some

>90's Spider-Man: McFarlane's ADVANTAGEOUS! Spider-Man; Michelinie with Erik Larsen and later Mark Bagley Spider-Man which brought in things like Cardiac, Carnage, etc; J.M DeMatteis doing the Harry Osborn stuff leading to the death of Harry; Maximum Carnage; Peter's parents returning and then it turns out they were robots; Clone Saga; Norman Osborn returns, twice; that in-between period where they had DeZago and Wieringo on Sensational Spider-Man, Osborn framing Spider-Man, Spider-Man taking four identities; then the Byrne/Mackie period with Chapter One and all that shit and probably other things I missed.

>10's Spider-Man: Mostly Slott. Big Time, No One Dies, Spider-Island, Ends of the Earth, Superior Spider-Man, Black Cat going evil, Silk, Spider-Verse, Peter as Tony Stark, Clone Conspiracy, Osborn getting the Carnage symbiote. Meanwhile there's a few things on the side like Conway doing a short arc or Kelly doing Spider-Man/Deadpool and Zdarsky actually showing he can really write Spider-Man.

Even though I like Zdarsky's Life Story and part of his Spectacular, it's not enough to make up for the fact that there were some really poor stories during the Slott era. I'd take nearly everything from the 90's over post-Superior Spider-Man. Sure there were terrible things in the 90s like the ill-advised Peter hitting MJ scene, or what led to it in the first place (Ben is the real Spider-Man!), or even other terrible things like McFarlane's writing or Byrne making Sandman a villain again or Mary Jane getting "killed", but at least in most stories Peter and Ben actually felt like competent adults. I cannot believe people still bitch about the fucking Clone Saga when this decade had a large number of subpar Spider-Man stories.

Let's face the facts, every decade has their pros and cons.

When compared to the other decades, the main cons of the 10's has been the perceived SJW push and the endless events. All and all, not too bad compared to a lot of other decades, It's always easier to say the newest generation of something is the worst because all the mistakes are still fresh in your mind and looking back on the old stuff it's easy to see everything with rose colored glasses.

I like how x-men never fail to deliver waifus, not even during sjw era

>reading garth "b-b-b-b muh war stories!!" ennis
yeah, no thanks. he is worse than bendis. yes, bendis.

it's not 10s, it's the end of 00s that leaked onto first years, basically from 2012-today there was complete garbage from marvel. stop strawmaning
and young avengers is complete shit, always was, always will be

only if you're a pleb

There were still good books coming out from 2012 to now.

>Conway's Carnage
>Duggan's Deadpool and Uncanny Avengers
>Loveness' Nova
>Ahmed's Blackbolt
>Zdarsky's Two-in-one and Spider-Man
>Most of Ewing's output
>Runaways
>Thompson on Venom, Silk, and Sorcerers Supreme
>Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Bunn's Monsters Unleashed (the ongoing. Not the event)
>Zub's run on Champions
>Waid on Doctor Strange

To name some examples

It wasn't complete garbage. Even at it's worse, Marvel still had at least one ongoing worth reading each month.

I only agree with Duggan's DP, the rest of your list is false, especially cuckbolt

what a terrible list man . it's like you're trying to avoid consensus great comics because you feel like picking shitty comics gives you more cred

>Only good thing to come out of this era
>Only

I will Whiteknight Runaways 2017 to the fucking death.

The original Rider had retired, this was his brother who took over the identity.

Wasn't this issue released after the election anyway?

Yea Forums contrarianism at its finest.

>The big two MUHvel and DCausal
>not even 20%
Holy shit, they are trash.

>1990s user still seething over Iron Man and Mantis heel turns
>or still seething about Wasp becoming an unfappable insect
>all changes lasted 8-9 months before being undone
>still seething over 20 years later

Let it go, user. Even if you focus purely on Iron Man or Avengers, the 2010s are worse than the 1990s and any unpopular changes made have lasted far longer, and even the worst 1990s comics were usually made with a sincere intent to entertain, while the worst 2010s comics were made with intent to lecture the audience.

If your criteria for saying the 90's is the worst decade for Marvel is because of The Crossing, then that leads to saying the 2010's is the worst decade for Marvel because of Hickman's Avengers. Like some other user said in another thread:

>Marvel becomes a comic company themed around heroes having to suffer and compromise because "there's no other way". "There's no other way" becomes the theme of post 9/11 heroes. People want to see them fail and give up and kill. They want to see them fail because as a society they feel like failures.

>No one actually wants to vote on the president or anything but "there's no other way". This philosophy reaches a head in Hickman Avengers where the Avengers are forced to murder the shit out of a not-justice league world and engage in not-Bokurano, again, because "there's no other way".

>616 dies screaming as its heroes fail and devolve into bickering high school kids instead of paragons. Dr. Doom, like a giant necessary but evil George Bush, kills the big bad Beyonders and rescues the dying multiverse from itself.

>Everytime [sic] a character is ethnic, they have to be all about race, or politics, etc.
>Everytime [sic]

It's not every time, but to assert that if you're non-white you don't get to have any identity beyond the idea of a generic white guy is pretty ignorant.

>the destruction of the X-Men

The destruction of the X-Men was started by Quesada in 2005 with House of M. The only thing the movies did was force the franchise to recycle barely old storylines all over gain when Marvel tried shilling Inhumans as their replacement.

>he is worse than bendis.

Shit taste is shit. Holy crap, I feel absolutely embarrassed for your mother for not aborting you in the womb.

Yikes. Ennis has had a few lows, but worse than Benis is quite a stretch

Marvel hasn't been even decent since the 80s. 90s, 00s and 10s are pure unfiltered garbage.

>X-fags still can't accept House of M was an attempt to FIX a broken franchise

A failed attempt, yes, but it was already broken before then.

How was it already broken?
>Waaah too many new mutant characters!
isn't a real answer, it's a grasping at straws copout.

not really, anyone who likes Waid's Strange is an idiot, plain and simple

>ennisfags seethe
Splendid

You sound like an idiot, plain and simple.

This coming from the guy that uses "contrarian" unironically? What a laugh.

it wasn't. Quesada was butthurt over Mutant X fiasco and just put a kibosh on x-things and shifted focus on Avengers, which is why they moved Wolverine and Spider-Man to them, and had literally every issue of New Avengers be a tie-in to an event. Without a company push, Avengers got scaled back to one book

>He likes Waid
yikes and zoinks

>unironically
Reddit is that way

Spotted the newfag

go on, embarrass yourself even more. if you want to use buzzwords, at least learn their meaning first.

>go on, embarrass yourself even more
You're already doing a good enough job embarrassing yourself, why should I interrupt?

Explain how, oh mighty user of shittaste

Funny image OP. How long did it take?

>Using unironically like a plebbit tourist
>Jumping on the 2017 'everyone hates Waid' bandwagon

Take your pick, newfag.

If you only read the main books, and judge them on how much they sell, then yes.
Also, OP confirmed as a faggot.

Please fuck off back to tumblr, you stupid cunt.

>Jumping on the 2017 'everyone hates Waid' bandwagon
I never liked Waid, especially after his short shitty x-men run. Checkmate fag. Also, don't use "contrarian" if you don't want to be considered tourist as well

>I never liked Waid, especially after his short shitty x-men run. Checkmate fag.
Then you don't have an excuse and you dismissed an entire list of good comic runs because you don't like one writer, because you're just an idiot, lol.

>Also, don't use "contrarian" if you don't want to be considered tourist as well

Don't act like a contrarian if you don't wanna be called one, lol.

the list didn't have good comics except Duggan's DP, and maybe runaways, albeit I never liked runaways. I'm sorry that you have a shitty taste and like bad comics. You are like one of these annoying brats who come to my lawn and think that they can shit on the grass and smear it, and make me look like the bad one. Go fuck yourself with your list and kill yourself

Is this a 90's fag or a DCfag? I can't tell anymore with this amount of stupidity of a man out of his time

Because they're out of it's time. While the literature is still goood they don't have any merit of today. Plus it's precisely why Marvel became bankrupt in the first place because they refuse to expand the market and create more bolder stories which comic fans are not use too. If they keep making the same type of stories over again then it gets boring and Marvel will lose money, which did happen and they have to sell of characters. There are some stories that are great, but not all of them are memorable

Current Marvel is far more engaging, and tells interesting storylines that are not boring. And it's not afraid to have fun with it, and it's willing to expands to newer areas. And most importantly, it's getting with the times of today. Willing to expand itself to include more as it goes. And make the characters more cooler. If you get the right kind of writers that deliver that then the story itself can become more memorable and engaging to read

People just want good comics that don't involve what it did before, or something really dumb that has no merit, because they're not interesting and appealing. The story has to matter, and that means ignore the ones that will likely not allow comics to grow, and more importantly expend itself in a new market and make them more appealing to attract new readers. At the end of the day business matters, and they can't invest on people that won't make them money

I still can't understand this. Can anyone explain to me why Bendis think this is a good idea?

Dude Ennis puts out some edgy trash but Bendis has put out way worse. Bendis’ highs also never hit Ennis’ Hellblazer or Hitman

>he doesn’t like Waid Strange
But why? Unless you don’t like the character as a whole. The current arc is the exact kind of crazy interdimensional stuff from the classic era. Plus he has a great voice for Strange and his cast, probably the best since the 90s. Although it isn’t perfect, the pacing is fucked at times. I actually do want to hear why you dislike it

When he isn’t trying his hardest to be part of the woke crowd he’s a decent author. No road home was an enjoyable read as well

By bolder stories I hope you mean different genres, with high quality artists, and actual writers, who at least read Shakespeare, right? Because judging from your post it seems like you enjoy the current drivel that marvel serves

Ennis Hellblazer was pathetically bad
>hahaha take that satan! I'm so much smarter than you
Hitman was good when I was 15 years old. Nowadays I can't stomach anything that pennis writes. Some people grow and learn how to appreciate some fun stories. Ennis however will be forever edgy manchild pretending to be a serious mature writer, while in fact, all he ever wants to do is to write dick jokes

I’d argue Waid’s Dr Strange is better than Roy Thomas’ as well. My favourite is still Englehart though

>I'm sorry that you have a shitty taste and like bad comics
I'm sorry you get so mad at people liking things that you don't like, lol.

>You are like one of these annoying brats who come to my lawn and think that they can shit on the grass and smear it, and make me look like the bad one
That analogy completely falls apart because this is a completely anonymous image board that you enter and post in of your own volition. Nobody's forcing you to be in this thread, nobody's forcing you to post in this thread, nobody's forcing you to reply to me specifically, and nobody's forcing you to make yourself look like a moron, it's just you, lol.

>Go fuck yourself with your list and kill yourself

It's not my list, user. I'm not even the person who posted it. It's a common tourist mistake to assume everyone on here's the same person though, don't beat yourself up too badly over it.

>implying hitman isn’t fun

The current Strange is so forgettable that people don't even discuss it. Aaron's run was shit, but at least it had something going for it. Waid's run just is, that's it. It seems like the only people who like it, are people who will read anything with Dr Strange in it

It is, if you read it as a lowbrow comic it is

>The current Strange is so forgettable that people don't even discuss it.
It's storytime is fairly popular, it's well-liked by the people who post in them, and it's regularly discussed by the people in the comics discord I post in, so I dunno what you're talking about.

>are people who will read anything with Dr Strange in it

Oh I get it now.

Edgy shit is fun to read. Unless, of course, fun is somehow illegal

>that passive aggressive salt
>It's not my list, user. I'm not even the person who posted it.
that's make you an even bigger fag

>people don’t even discuss it
Huh, must have imagined the posts in the storytime threads. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean no one does. Also I dropped Aaron’s run, Cates’ run, and sorcerer supreme after the midnight sons crossover, so I’m definitely not in the “read anything” camp

Why do you find it boring, or at least more boring compared to his classic stories?

>It's storytime is fairly popular, it's well-liked by the people who post in them, and it's regularly discussed by the people in the comics discord I post in, so I dunno what you're talking about.
I don't see it. But maybe there are some occasional threads with 60 posts

It was alright until Secret Wars. Then they went completely shit, with a few exceptions like Vision and Gwenpool.

Nobody's forcing you to be here, user.

Because it doesn't have any interesting hook to make me want to read another issue? I don't know, why water is wet?

and vice versa, pleb. Go back with your shitlist to your blog

Not really, last two were 100+
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107178387/#107178387
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107731780/#107731780

Huh, how vague. I was genuinely looking for a discussion. The first issue in isolation was fuckin bad though, so I don't exactly blame you

No, I'm happy to tell people what I enjoy here. It isn't your lawn and I'm free to stay.

>Not really, last two were 100+
okay, I was off by 40 posts, my bad

Fine, but don't say that I didn't warn you. I'm about to mow the lawn, so if I mow you too by mistake, it's all your fault, not mine

>I'm about to mow the lawn, so if I mow you too by mistake, it's all your fault, not mine
That sounded a lot cooler in your head, didn't it?

Actually more than that, but yeah it's not undiscussed. But oh well, not everyone has the same opinions. May I know what issue you dropped it at, though?

I don't know man. It's fucking hot where I live. The temperature is killing me

somewhere around the Evil Dr Strange vs Dr Strange.

Ah yes, before the accountants came in. Understandable, but if you like Englehart's run you can try the current one for free , it feels quite close to that in my opinion.

Patrician.

She should have kept this look

Attached: Hulk #9 (2017) - Page 14.jpg (1988x3056, 650K)

To be honest user, the problem with current marvel is also the problem with the comics in general. The stories are extremely decompress, and I kinda have to switch to read them in bundles, because when I'm reading them monthly I have to re-read previous issue to remember what was going on, because what should have been normally a two-issue arc is being stretched to 12 issue storyline full of meandering non-events, non-plots happening that make me forget what I was actually reading in the middle of the issue. Some writers are capable of pulling such stuff, but none of them work at marvel currently. And frankly, I'd rather just stick with the pre-10s era. I re-read recently x-books from the Quesada era and I must say that as much as I despise the fat fuck, at least the comics had some angle, some general idea of where they wanted to go. Nowadays, if I wanted to summarize any marvel comic, I would struggle with saying anything interesting. Again, it's more of a general problem of comics, albeit with marvel it's more painfully visible. My only hope for the future is Hickman doing X-books, as it seems like even the editors are excited for the project, but I'm afraid that it's going to be a big fucking nothing with x-tra charts, and more about gimmicks than actual storytelling. I really really want marvel to be good again, because when they were great, they were capable of reaching an incredible greatness that was out of reach for other companies, but since 2012 after Alonso took reign, there seems to be some weird policy instilled at marvel that prevents it from being good again. I don't know if it's about cutting the costs and hiring the cheapest possible artists and writers there are on the internet, but there is certainly something bad going on, considering that I can't even muster any enthusiasm for most of the comic books that are being solicited months in advance. And yet, for some weird and unexplained reason I

>5 relaunches in 5 years
Fucking yikes

keep coming back month after month hoping that something would finally break the apathy that I feel towards marvel. I thought at first that it was me feeling burned out of reading comics, but then again, at the same time I started reading pulp comics like Shadow, Spider, Doc Savage and Avenger with the same passion I used to read other comics as well. So I don't think it's that. All it does is for marvel to get their shit together and focus on quality. And if it's not profitable to make comics good again, then I don't know, change the format, change anything, or just shut the doors of the company and stop producing comics, because it's not really worth the effort. And sure comic books are mostly a testing ground for some of the ideas, I mean, there wouldn't be Legion series without Spurrier's Legacy run, but with such mentality headset there's little chance that anyone would just go to marvel to pitch an idea that they could pitch for an indie company and make dough with it. You see that's the general problem that people don't want to work for corporations if they can have it better on their own. And who could blame them? I mean, it makes sense. That's why we constantly see the same old recycled ideas for the nth time, instead of something new. I myself could come up with hundred of new angles for Dr Strange that weren't done before, but I'm not a writer, and I don't think I could dress it beautifully enough to sell it to marvel. And they wouldn't buy it anyway. So yeah, maybe I am a little bitter about it all, but I don't see anything good in the current of the marvel's output, and it will require a complete overhaul in their offices to make them good again, or some guy like Shooter to help get their shit together

Yes, decompression fucking sucks for everyone but trade-waiters. But honestly I think with Waid's Strange run his pacing mostly swings to far in the other direction, he tries to stuff too much in an issue and it gives the impression that things wrap up too neatly or conveniently. It was extremely apparent in #11

The only good or accurate point you made in this entire nonsensical rant is decompression, the rest plain doesn't make sense.

Even Coates' decompressed as fuck captain america has a clear direction. There are new angles of stories being explored recently, with stuff like Immortal Hulk and Vision being most obvious departures.

You're not just bitter, you're just wrong

>Scholastic

I can't even list a single Scholastic title apart from Bone. How do they do it? I bet they avoid the comic shop ghetto

I do, and the fact that you people are butthurt over it based on your feelings just makes it more enjoyable to see

Both Marvel and DC have fucked up their comics by having billion different stories going on at the same time. Nobody knows the order you're supposed to read them in. It's the reason why Manga is more popular, because with those there's actual timeline to things happening and it's easy to follow.

Comic books peaked in the 1980s and have been getting worse ever since.

At least Marvel is keeping tabs with it's continuity, if Bendis doesn't touch anything. But DC is much worse with it's own continuity

does it matter?
kamala is cute
and also badly written but I do not see why not to do to her what we also do with the anime

Attached: per2r543fre.png (695x720, 255K)

>and also badly written
How

Read a book

>Read a book
Which one? I’m currently reading Fall of Hyperion. I don’t know who the fuck she is beyond Yea Forums waifuthreads, but surely you can elaborate on your own opinion?

first this
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ms-Marvel-2014
then this
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ms-Marvel-2016
and wait (like me) for this
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Magnificent-Ms-Marvel
and try to retain your love for how cute she is, and the hate for the bad writing that is all
especially with his brother
by the way, if you do not want to read all of that, it would be enough to know that if Bruno are not with her (which is in almost all comics and animated series) she is just the typical American teenager, fan of superheroes and who has a mother with a strong accent (being Rising the only "exception" but only because he goes into the background)

Runaways is one of Marvels best books still.

The only good thing about ANGR was Moore's art. As soon as he was off the book fell off a cliff because it turned out that the actual meat of the book wasn't that interesting.

If you like Duggan's Deadpool I don't know what to tell you, you literally have no taste. Duggan is such a bland, nothing writer and it's reflected in his writing. Nothing about his run is memorable, it's just a cheap attempt to recapture Kelly but nowhere near as good.

Anyone who uses cuck as a substitute for names isn’t worth taking seriously at all, why bother

wtf was solo and slapstick?

kid books
I think number 1 to number 15 of the best selling kids books (which btw way get counted as comic books for some reason) are all part of a series called Dog Man
Something that most people would actual categories as a classic comic book doesn´t show up until number 50 which was a collection of the original Infinity War story form the 80s

Don't bring Kamala into this. She actually got out of that "SJW" kinda thing pretty fast and become decent character.

Nice pasta, bro.

Oh fuck off, Duggan did great job just not great as Kelly did. He actually went out to stop Waypool and made Deadpool like Deadpool again. And you are dead wrong about his run having no memorable moments.

I don't know, you are being too hate towards her books. I think she is fine character and her books only problem is that they hardly use her powers in interesting way.

>he thinks Marvel's bankruptcy had anything at all to do with the quality or sales of their comics

Why do so many people believe this when it's easy to find out what actually happened?

>Current Marvel is far more engaging, and tells interesting storylines that are not boring. And it's not afraid to have fun with it, and it's willing to expands to newer areas. And most importantly, it's getting with the times of today. Willing to expand itself to include more as it goes. And make the characters more cooler. If you get the right kind of writers that deliver that then the story itself can become more memorable and engaging to read

Oh, this was just bait, wasn't it?

>House of M was an attempt to FIX a broken franchise

Nobody believes this other than Marvel shills.

Anybody who actually understands that the reason the X-Men were so successful in the 1980s and 1990s had nothing at all to do with The Metaphor can tell you how badly Morrison broke the X-Men by stripping away everything that actually made it popular.

>was definitely bad
why are you talking like the sjw peroid is over?
women still get covered up and shitty characters nobody likes still get pushed into events and storylines for "diversity"
just saw a few panels form the new black cat comic which starts next month and she shows of no cleavage once again.

>Morrison broke the X-Men
Shut up, Millar.

I concur. I got memed into thinking it was creme de la creme of Hellblazer stories but when I actually got to read it thanks DC for those new editions it turned out to be a mashup of ennis' worst gimmicks. It has some fun moments but it's bad overall. And that comes from a man who loves Wormwood, if anyone wanted to accuse me of hating fun

>Willing to expand itself to include more as it goes.
modern comics stories are less diverse then ever before. back in the day comic used to have stuff for both kids, adults for both genders.
but now every comic has to follow the same sjw rules.
>white male protagonist that is stupid and bad at being a hero
>female character who is "woke" and much more professional and skilled then the white male hero
>female character all getting dexsexulized and no longer have revealing costumes while the male character get naked at least once every 3 issues
meanwhile people who have grown up with classic superhero stories of the hero actually saving the day, getting the girl and seeing some cheesecake get nothing.

That would be a believable argument if the X-Men hadn't become even more of a broken franchise after House of M.

>hating Morrison's run
Fuck off.

Millar's Ultimate X-Men may have been edgelord garbage with an actual cuckold-fetish story, but it did at least display a better understanding of what works and why it was popular.

Not going to argue that, the writers and editors chose to keep doubling down on extinction and oppression stories instead of taking the opportunity to fix things.

Great argument, user. Did you need your parents to help you with that one?

>Worst Marvel decade ever? Worst Marvel decade ever.
The Worst

it's not, but don't pretend that it's good.

>millarfags still exist

Maybe is because i am a genuinely a brainlet, but i never can put the finger why i don't like the Hickman run of Avengers. Your toughts put a interesting angle that made so much sense.

A lot of longtime Avengers fans had trouble enjoying the Hickman and Bendis Avengers because most of the core second-tier Avengers weren't there, so it never felt like the Avengers to them. In addition, Hickman's run had the 'death of heroism' theme as the earlier user described, and it's a 3 year long-form storyline running through two books, all of which led into Secret Wars, an event story in which most of Hickman's Avengers cast don't play important roles. It's years of Avengers stories leading into a Fantastic Four event.

who's this

>and it's a 3 year long-form storyline running through two books,

This is also another good point. If we take The Crossing as a starting point, within three years from The Crossing onwards, we had:

early-to mid 1996: Marvel kind of spinning the wheels after The Crossing with Teen Iron Man, depowered Thor. Then the Onslaught Event.
mid-1996 to 1997: Heroes Reborn with Liefeld and others, with Busiek and Perez's Avengers starting in around December
1998: first year of Busiek/Perez Avengers

A lot of turnover.

>he raped her
>she killed him

gets retconned to

>she cheated on her bf with him
>she killed him

Marvel Editorial just didn't care

This isn't as bad as Yea Forums makes it out to be. It's cheesy but no worse than what you would see in Superior Foes or whatever else comic Yea Forums likes

Ah yes, the eternal guy in Yea Forums who want to fap with comics.
You are thinking with your dicks user. Just because there is sexy shirtless Chase or Gert is fuckable now, doesn't automatically it becomes in a good book.

>belly-laugh inducing
no comic has ever made me laugh, just light chuckles.

I learnt today that one of the most important character development decisions made for this character is the fact she doesn't wear panties.

Not that user, but I felt the origin was odd. Aren't all the Riders some incarnation of Zarathos?

The whole evil cult uncle thing was strange. Other than that, I thought it was a cool design / update for the Fast & Furious audience.

Death Metal Zombie Cop is more in line with past Felipe Smith madness. I need more issues of that.

>getting this triggered over shit that barely even exists
Ouch!

>You are thinking with your dicks user.
>bringing up Chase and Gert
are you gay?

It's been pretty fucking rough that's for sure. DC books outnumbering Marvel books week to week went from being a once in a blue moon thing to the norm. I remember being a lot angrier about the 00's Marvel fuck ups, in the 10's I kind of ran out out of energy to get angry halfway through. Maybe that was the 4D Underwater Backgammon masterplan all along the old rope=a=dope.

Stuff that I've read at least twice that I'd recommend to people struggling to find something newer from Marvel to read:
Thor 2010 The Mighty Avenger
Captain America 2011 Red Skull Incarnate
Spider-Man 2011 Venom by Remender
Thor 2011 Kid Loki
Nick Fury 2012 My War Gone By
Thor 2012 Sif
X-Men 2012 Legion
X-Men 2012 X-Club We Do Science
Avengers 2013 It's the Most Loneliest Time of the Year!
Spider-Man 2013 The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Avengers 2014 100th Anniversary Special
Moon Knight 2014
Thor 2014 Loki Agent of Asgard
X-Men 2014 All-New Doop
Inhumans 2015 Karnak The flaw in all things
Silver Surfer 2015 Silver Surfer vs Galactus (Stokoe art)
X-Men 2015 E Is For Extinction
Vision 2016
Daredevil 2017 Bullseye The Colombian Connection
Deadpool 2017 Edge of Venomverse #5 (Stokoe art)
The Punisher 2017 The Platoon

Attached: XMen_Grand_Design__1_.0.jpg (1280x1968, 952K)

Ennis and Piskor. OK. Not much, though.

pretty good list

I still can't believe they gave Solo his own book

have you guys seen those Phil Noto covers for the 80th anniversary? Marvel 2000s and Marvel 2010s feel like the worst eras compared to the peak from 60s through 80s.

Attached: MARVEL_80th_COVERS.jpg (2744x4175, 2.8M)

>and just turned it into this shitty combinatino of IP farm and fodder for film/TV adaptations

so shouldnt they be trying to tell better stories in the hopes their runs get adapted?

>Thor 2011 Kid Loki
kid loki fucking blows literally everything DC's published out of the water. its so fucking good and im constantly kicking myself for not getting the omni.

Sooo you hate LGBT and women? Sorry, but Fuck off. Also Modern comic Loki is a cutie and I’d die for them.

I love modern LoLo, he’s so cute.

>inb4 MUH MCU
The MCU also turned to shit. I'm in the minority of hating most of it, but you should've seen the threads shitting on the final version of Thanos.

>Mosaic flopped so hard it didn't even raise eyebrows

They are, probably. LATE 2000s to EARLY 2010s had a few jewels though.

Titan picked up Sky Doll (with new volumes) and UW1 (complete collection), while Ythaq's getting new English translations straight from frogs themselves. Fresher English scanlations of Samurai and that Attila BD when?[/spoilers]

kek,on the contrary, I am the one who most loves her concept
but not how they wear it
but hey here I do not care, what matters is your opinion
at least until tomorrow, I want to see how they brought the new comic

So I was taking a good look at this pic.
Fucking damn it. I remember the 2000s were shit in general, but sometimes I forget many of the reasons.
The fucking Red Hulk. I'm remembering all over how pissed people were about all of Marvel jobbing to him early on. And the reveal makes it even worse that he killed Quartermain.
The fucking Sentry. Shit character getting spammed all over as the most powerful thing ever. Fuck bendis, if he stayed contained in the initial mini, there would be no reason to hate him as much.
Fucking FANTOMEX, damn it to fuck.
AQnd fucking Winter Soldier, don't even get me fucking started.

And why the hell is Carol in the 2010s. WHERE THE FUCK IS MAR-VELL, FUCKING DAMMIT.

At least a hint of Silver Surfer to represent cosmic? Not like Black FUCKING Bolt needed all that space, current Marvel fucking hates him.