How does one get into the animation industry? Anyone here have any personal stories?

Wanted to work on cartoons since I was kid but not sure how to make it a real career.

Attached: tr-bernie.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Suck TOOOONSSSSSSS of dick

Be korean

Suck enough dick to get into CalArts

Do you know how to animate?

>Went to a film festival
>Talked to some guys there about animations
>Showed them my instagram
>They liked it and offered me an internship at their small indie studio
>Met some more people during my internship
>Internship ends
>Go back to university work
>Few months later get an offer from one of the people I worked with to work at a bigger animation studio

Its all about connections and getting to know people. Be confident about your work and actually create something that is either interesting, unique or highly skilled.

where do you live?

Meet other animators and people in the industry. Join animation related Facebook groups. Make your own projects that you can show off to potential employers. It's all about who you know.

Uk
I work at a semi-big animation studio making props and rough layout ideas

Don't be an animator; be a background designer.

no i mean your address
when do your shower
would it be too hot or should I just ease into the water and then maybe I could show your my instagram

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R._franchise_logo.png (513x194, 105K)

You build a time machine and go back to a better time period for animation.

>Talked to some guys there about animations
>Showed them my instagram
How do you do this without looking desperate of cringy? Whenever I go to festivals its filled with college brats shilling their dumb first year ball bouncing animations, thinking being a kiss-ass is enough to get a job.

You ask.

>It's all about who you know.
I hear that so often, is it really true?
I guess I have put away my love for isolation to start talking to other artists at some point now.
Fuck.

allow yourself to be a bit of a diva or a jackass.

fake/pretend that you're skilled in some way even if you feel like you're aren't. your work will speak for itself, but a little attitude will ensure that you're able to get a foot in the door.

Go to a good school for animation, dont suck, have a good thesis or demo reel, done. You will get signed. If you have a hard time finding work you either went to a shitty school that did not prep you right, you simply lack the skills, or you are trying to get in to pixar when you are better off being a background crowd animator for a start up. If you suck at animation, try other areas like lighting or effects.

Thats all I had to do, and pretty much every single person I know. If you are good you get hired right away when you finish school.

Basically this, and make people laugh. If people are laughing or glued to the screen from your work you are succeeding. Work on your pacing and timing, it is everything. Good writing is one thing, but timing brings it together.

Also learn how to do funny voices, and be a friendly person, it helps.

Connections

It is and it is not. Knowing people will help you get your work to the top of the review pile because your friend will suggest you, but you still have to be good because they are sticking their neck out for you and your friends or connection needs to be respected

I had a friend try to use me to get into a studio I worked for, but he lacked the skills and acted like a diva and would not take feedback on what to submit to appeal to the studio, so I did not push his name forward to the office as someone I suggest.