Remember the Game Boy Punisher game, where Spider-Man was okay with Punisher killing criminals?

Remember the Game Boy Punisher game, where Spider-Man was okay with Punisher killing criminals?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXMw8URg9E

Attached: ljn spider-man punisher.jpg (1032x1415, 101K)

Why would you ever play a Punisher game for Game Boy? That's like playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat on Game Boy, are you actively looking to hurt yourself?

I liked the NES version better

Are you saying they're actively looking to PUNISH themselves?

If you read the first few appearances of Punisher in Spider-man, he was weirdly cool with letting Punisher massacre criminals, teaming up with him without negatively commenting on it.

Attached: ljn spider-man punisher 2.jpg (1294x2160, 159K)

When did he start getting upset about Punisher killing people, I know that was a thing in at least part of the 80's onwards.

He says this after Punisher killed a shitload of criminals to leave a path for Spider-Man to free the hostages.

Attached: ljn spider-man congratulates punisher.jpg (1297x698, 50K)

Spider-Man in the Punisher comics was known to be less forgiven and more violent. He was nowhere near his modern day Disney corporate self.

>Who do I ask to help stop the drug gangs at the mall.... I know, The Punisher!

Booooo

As long as those criminals are guilty of murder, it's objectively fine to execute them
although it's a bad idea to allow society to circumvent the rights of the accused and due process, these people have lost that right by engaging in murder. Police shoot people all the time when it's clear they've proven themselves dangerous enough to have to be shot with extreme prejudice. the Punisher almost exclusively goes after people who are obviously beyond the reach of the law, such as mafiosi. Spider-Man isn't going to be comfortable doing that himself, but he recognizes it has to be done.

Somehow Raimi got involved in this..

Back then no one but nerds would take this shit seriously.

How far did he go?!

Hey remember that Punisher arcade game by Capcom? The second player was Nick Fury and the funny thing is that if you had two players they both had dialogue but Frank never really replied to Fury so it felt like Fury kept talking to him and Frank was ignoring him. The best bits were when Fury told Frank not to do something, like kill a guy, and Frank just went ahead and did it, and Fury was all like "Damn it Frank, I told you not to do that! It's illegal!" and then kept helping him regardless.
It was pretty funny.

Spider-man has killed people by using them as human shields...more than once. Why the fuck would he give a shit about killing bad guys before his stupid fucking no kill rule was put in place?

Peter doesn't like Frank, but unless he's doing something particularly fucked up that day he aknowledges he's a necessary evil.

>drug gangs
I'm not sure why that specific combination is hard to imagine.

I keep imagining gangs named after drugs

a guy like punisher is absolutely needed in the marvel universe
but they fuck it up by having him be tricked into harming people who are absolutely innocent or harming grey characters he was never designed to target

>a guy like punisher is absolutely needed in the marvel universe
Not really, regular criminals are completely irrelevant outside of his bubble

What was Venom out of town?

The best part was the fact that Fury's special move is using a belt. I wondered if that was why Ennis had Fury use his belt on one of the generals.