Ben 10 General

Did Ben 10 get worse as it went on?

I listened to the original theme song and its amazing how bad/bland the others are. And that got me thinking about how much I enjoyed the original series over the others.

Also what was your favorite alien?

pic related

Attached: E40115F4-ABC7-4F40-B6C3-A1A34A053167.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I feel there was a dip in quality around UA and AF, but I feel like OV was the closest one of the highest points, and the reboot itself has gotten better. . As for favorite alien, gotta go with Cannonbolt

Name a dumber, worse looking, more uninspired alien than this piece of crap
It’s not possible

Attached: 401546F8-76BC-4D10-B620-0B05F8B3CBF8.png (619x660, 171K)

The OG was the best, Alein Force *tried* but had shit pacing [too serious too fast] and some just plain stupid ideas [everything is aliens now even magic, the Plumbers ballooning, the change to Kevin's powers, etc. The Forever Knights being back, having a new design [mooks were fine, higher ups looked like they came from a completely different organization] and just ineffectual jokes] etc.

Ultimately, it was fairly solid though.

Then you had Ultimate Alien. And Ultimate Alien..

Alright UA had some great ideas. The idea of a jail broken omnitrix being used to fuck with the dna inside it was cool. There were cool characters, etc.

But UA also had Aggregor and Aggregor and that entire plot with him was a boring pile of ass. Vilgax coming back was better, but he came back as a stupid fucking action figure with a million accessories and was nowhere near as intimidating or interesting. The Diamondhead/Chromastone plot was stupid., even if Diamondhead coming back was kickass.

Omniverse has some alright ideas but isn't worth mentioning.

The less said about the Reboot the better.

Moving on from that, favorite alien was probably Upgrade. I always wanted him to Upgrade a forklift into a mech or something stupid like that.

Alternatively Myaxx because honestly I'd have hammered that squid until she had a kid.

I’ve always had a soft spot for spidermonkey, even if he wasn’t really utilized in any meaningful way. Usually hero-monkeys are either huge buff gorillas or the medium build generic-chimp-esque things, so this was a nice change of pace

Yes. OG had a spirit to it. Two cousin, travelling with their Grandpa, across America, whilst fighting aliens. The plot was what it needed to be, when it needed to be, and it always new locations, new events and usually new characters of returning favourites.
Future seasons couldn't match-up, because they immediately threw out what worked.

XLR8

THE DIALS
GO UP
TO 11

Attached: 56092446-5D80-40EC-98A7-85C6A0A4C78E.jpg (421x640, 131K)

i always hated spidermonkey but ultimate spidermonkey is cool

Attached: ultimate-spidermonkey-ben-10-ultimate-alien-57.8.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Ben 10 never stood a chance

I just really wanna fuck Ripjaws or whatever it's called

why

Nothing comes close to how good the original theme was, I don't know why they don't even go for a remix or something.

Anyway
>Good: Most of the OS, Omniverse until Skurd/waifufaggot time travel, AF until after season 2
>Shit: the rest

Because he's hot

What even Rath?

The original show was the best

Alien Force Seasons 1-2 were just as good if not slightly better.

Season 3 was inconsistent as hell but it had some redeeming qualities(Vilgax, Rath, etc)

Ultimate Alien wasn't quite a return to form but it was still more consistently good than AF Season 3.

UA's ending was good, works well as a finale for the character(as you can see how from then on Ben develops into Ben 10K).

Omniverse has some good ideas and story concepts, but as a whole it was pretty meh. And it had some really dumb shit that the marketing pushed like that fucking LEGO Alien

Attached: file.png (604x456, 346K)

I will never understand the fucking problem with Bloxx.
>OS has Ghost, Frankenstein's Monster, Werewolf, and Mummy aliens
the best
>AF/UA replaces almost all of the original series aliens with "superior" counterparts to shill their new designs, also whatever the fuck they did to Kevin in AF S3
good
>Omniverse has a lego alien that barely shows up after the first episode
Aggravated rape apparently. Something about this alien triggers the concept that Ben 10 is an IP that caters to children.

>a lego alien that barely shows up after the first episode
I don't particularly mind Bloxx, but this is objectively untrue. Bloxx is one of the most recurring aliens in Omniverse, I'm pretty sure only Feedback and XLR8 are in more episodes than him.

Wait, what? I only recall seeing him like 4 or 5 times, max, and one of those times was he finale when literally all of his aliens made appearances except for the ones the OV team hated, like jetray

I liked Omniverse. Felt like a return to form of the first series with a bit more levity. The shift in style gave some characters better individuality, and it was nice seeing Ben's aliens get different details.

omniverse is pretty great but you might have to open yourself to it

>I will never understand the fucking problem with Bloxx.
Simple: Can you seriously imagine an entire planet full of Bloxx's species?

With Ghostfreak, Frankenstrike, Benwolf, and Snare-Oh you can at least justify it. They're clearly inspired by classic horror monsters but they're still their own thing and still look like aliens.

Bloxx just looks like LEGOs vaguely put into the shape of a gorilla. It's just so bland and uninspired.

He has at least 22 appearances in the show proper based on the Ben 10 wiki. Plus the marketing pushed him to all hell

Attached: file.png (588x1307, 171K)

It was nice seeing ALL aliens get different details. UAF was terrible with their background characters - every extra alien was pretty much just a copy of Ben.

The only exception seemed to be the ones Albedo hired for that Ben 10 musical. Despite never showing up again, those guys apparently got to be different.

Not gonna lie, the OS theme song was really fucking catchy. But that doesn’t mean that the series as a whole continued to decline as it went on.

It sort of cycled. OS was a decent kids cartoon. AF was a slight dip in overall quality, but I feel like it did a pretty good job of “aging up” with its prior audience, and giving them what fans said they wanted previously. UA was a shitshow. It had its moments, and some really good ideas, but most of them weren’t handled well, and I came within a inch of dropping the series mid way. Overall though, I’m glad I didn’t, because OV was a pretty fun ride. There were some points that were bad, and some that just didn’t strike the right cords with me (I tried to like the Movie Monster Aliens arc, I really did, but it was a slog for me) but overall it was similar in quality to the OS, and I would have liked for the Galactic Roadtrip to get green lit.