New Looney Tunes

What went wrong?

Attached: f.jpg (1024x575, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing.

It had no sense of what it wanted to be

Then why it got cancelled for a new series of shorts? fagget.

Attached: dfgv.jpg (210x240, 7K)

Everything.

Calarts

Wasn't this from wabbit? It was really boring. Now, the new one that's coming up. That one shows promise.

>Wretchedly bad character designs
>Bad casting (Jeff Bergman can do some LT voices well, but they put him on all the wrong characters)
>Making it start out as "Wabbit" so every episode was about Bugs and his terrible extended cast of Squeeks and Bigfoot; by the time they made it New Looney Tunes and brought it the other characters, it was too late
>The boarders ("writers") were obviously looking at a "how to comedy" book while coming up with the gags; they abuse the Rule of Threes so rigidly, it becomes wackiness-by-formula and you can predict everything before it happens
>Fell into the same "never ever aired in the US at any predictable time" black hole that Bunnicula, Be Cool Scooby Doo and Justice League Action fell into

Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Better to ask what they did right (the answer is nothing).

The shitty animation certainly hurt it.

And the new shorts will legit be kino

1. it just has a really fucking ugly art style that distracts from any possible good it might do, because everyone's gonna focus on that first
2. it took them too long to start doing stuff with characters besides Bugs, and apparently that was deliberate, which is weird
3. it got pushed to Boomerang so no one really watched it anyway

Attached: hgf.jpg (700x392, 62K)

I hope so, Looney Tunes deserve better than this.

>>Bad casting (Jeff Bergman can do some LT voices well, but they put him on all the wrong characters)

I mean, Joe Alaskey is dead, so there went half of the best Looney Tunes voices. But getting Jeff Bergman to do Elmer instead of Billy West? Or Eric Bauza to do Yosemite Same instead of Maurice Lamarche?

The Looney Tunes cast has a rotating group of actors, so they cycle through different people depending on the project. I know. But it's like this show chose ALL the bad voices and NONE of the good ones save Bob Bergen as Porky. Dee Bradley Baker was good as Daffy, but only in the shorts where they used the screwball WOO HOO version. When they tried to do shorts with a Chuck Jones type greedy Daffy, Baker was lousy.

Boomerang is like Nicktoons. It's that secondary channel nobody really watches unless they have nothing else to watch.

bad art

Nothing, people are just bitches about change, it was a good show and it deserved better

Wait shit, I think I mistaken this with the slice-of-life one

LolI had to do it or it was gonna bother me all day, hopefully someone not cloverposting can make it better

Attached: IMG_20190523_172623_310.jpg (1024x575, 124K)

You did a good job, user.

Clearly they enjoyed writing in a more old-school style so much they decided to go all in and stop to focus on a full reboot

>What went wrong?
Nothing.
It wasn't bad.
It wasn't great.
It was okay.

Attached: oh_my_beloved_icecream_bar.webm (576x432, 1.09M)

New shorts of Looney Tunes will never catch on. Kids don't watch cartoons anymore and no zoomers know what the looney tunes even are.;

Disney with its Mickey Mouse shorts just uses them as a merchandising vehicle and spams them at the parks

>no zoomers know what the looney tunes even are
This is how I know you're clueless

This.
It's okay to not know what the kids are into, there's no need to front.

Both cringe.

Attached: 1544581670510.jpg (500x375, 22K)

People who hated on Looney Tunes Show back in the day didn't know how much worse things could get

Everyone who made Looney Tunes great is long fead.

zoomers are people who don't remember 9/11
what you're thinking of is the "Spiderman-Elsa" generation

The same thing that went wrong with almost every reboot since the originals: They made them for kids.

The show should have used the old characters first, to hook the audience, and THEN start adding new ones

user, you might be retarded. those are the same people. 9\11 was 20 years ago. the zoomers just started in like 2001.

you're right, people who grew up with foster's home for imaginary friends are the same generation as people who are currently growing up with ipads

>>Making it start out as "Wabbit" so every episode was about Bugs and his terrible extended cast of Squeeks and Bigfoot; by the time they made it New Looney Tunes and brought it the other characters, it was too late
Now this is something I don't get. What was the point of making new characters? The Looney Tunes has a massive cast of characters in the backlog that almost never see the light of day anymore, why not just use those?

This. The squirrel could have easily been The Gremlin and they already had a yeti character they could have used.

probably bug's squirrel penis

For me it's the art style, it looks so lazy. I also don't care for the character dynamics, TLTS was superior if not perfect.

Attached: 4232019195845.jpg (900x600, 328K)

Eight years ago and this is still rad.
>youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

Duck Dodgers was better.

>Eight years ago
Literally what?

Attached: 1443064011324.gif (500x300, 135K)

All this time I thought you niggas were talking about TLTS. New LT never aired in my country. That show was cool as fuck even if Duck Dodgers is the ultimate LT spin off show.

It feels like yesterday the world was crying

screwball daffy

TLTS had no right being as good as it was.

uh quick question, is Lola in TNLTS?

Attached: What-do-u-want-later-for-desert.jpg (1080x1080, 426K)

She is, but not a lot. I haven't actually watched any of the ones she's in myself, but they exist.

This

Maurice quit after they stopped letting him voice Sam on Fridays, so his voice would recover on the weekends.

Yeah, it's like they thought about bringing back the franchise but they wanted to test the waters with this half-ass attempt. The new better shorts might be the result of a positive enough response to those.
Or maybe it was some kinda trick that exploits the negative attention for publicity and when they present the good stuff it looks miles better in comparison.

they're still doing something with it
Nicktoons has updated certain shows to have Latin American Spanish SAP audio for the first time since... 2005?
Boomerang has been updating Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes cartoons from the old tape transfers to remastered versions

Who cares about that shit. We are getting THIS

Attached: 1557447577745.gif (800x450, 1.85M)

They were idiots

Before airing, they were saying how Elmer Fudd was outdated and not “the man” anymore as well as making new characters before realizing how retarded that was, and brought Elmer and old characters back when no one was watching them

Man, you remember when people were bitching about the redesigns for TLTS when they were first revealed? We didn't know how good we had it...

>>Bad casting (Jeff Bergman can do some LT voices well, but they put him on all the wrong characters)

oh man Jeff Bergman's Bugs and Daffy make my ears bleed.

>Maurice quit after they stopped letting him voice Sam on Fridays, so his voice would recover on the weekends.

Didn't know that; actually pretty interesting. I remember an interview where he described voicing Sam as "gargling with broken glass" so I guess that makes sense.

>uh quick question, is Lola in TNLTS?

Lola's been in 2 episodes so far (1 as a quick cameo and 1 as the main character). They got her Space Jam voice actress back to play her, but they still wrote her like The Looney Tunes Show gabby airhead version. So even though she has the original voice, it sounds wrong because she's doing an impression of the other actress.

>uh quick question, is Lola in TNLTS?

Don't ask questions if you aren't prepared for the answers.

Attached: Wabbit Lola.png (1160x652, 922K)