Why does Yea Forums never talk about Rocky and Bullwinkle? This show has some of the best dialouge-based humor ever

Why does Yea Forums never talk about Rocky and Bullwinkle? This show has some of the best dialouge-based humor ever.

Attached: rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg (300x219, 10K)

>Bullwinkle is a...

I see a thread occasionally, I like this show alot
Probably a combination of being so old and the animation being atrocious

Underdog was better.

I've seen nothing but shit taste from this board, so that might answer your question.

I should've known.

I thought everyone loved Moose and Squirrel....

>4 year old nephew loves it because hungarian state television airs on the regular

Weird but acceptable.

The Netflix revival was surprisingly good. Dunno if they're doing another season, though.

Fun fact:

The show runner for the Netflix series is also the creator of Johnny Test.

Well now I hate it.

>the budget was so tight many times the voice actors could only do one take and if they flubbed it that take was used in the final episode
>many times the finished cartoon arrived only minutes before it was set to air
>once they were running out of time so they literally set fire to the script so the voice actor would say his lines faster or else he would be burned

Jesus, Rocky and Bullwinkle was some guerrilla cartoon making

Ya go a source for that last one?

>That time they did a promotion to get Moosylvania to become a legal state
>Tried to hand it to JFK at the White House to sign
>During the Cuban missile crisis
This cartoon I swear

Sadly, Rocky and Bullwinkle was a lightning in a bottle product of it's time sort of thing.

The show was fantastic. But it was pretty much a played straight parody of radio serials and adventure styled newspaper strips, which have also been lost to time, so I'm not sure how it could be --properly-- readapted into a modern take.

I mean, give a fucking medal to whoever can do that, but it's damned hard.

...netflix? I thought it was on amazon.

>...netflix? I thought it was on amazon.

I can't keep track of all those streaming services, man. I watched it on Kimcartoon, anyway.

Where can i watch the original show? This thread has really gotten my attention

Hulu had the entire series but to my absolute surprise, there's an official youtube channel with... hell, I don't know if they have everything but they have at least 6 or 7 of the story arcs including the first one. I haven't checked to see if these are packaged with the other characters like Dudley Doo-Right or Peabody and Sherman, but whatever...At least there's something available that's not behind pay walls.

The new series did an alright job trying to adapt it to modern audiences. Major change was shortening the serials to something like 4 episodes each so you got 3 serials per season. No more seemingly endless epics that lose track of their own plot, but a decent enough compromise to the format.

Only thing I really missed was the other segments to break up the Rocky & Bullwinkle portions. Jay Ward licenses each segment individually and Amazon or whoever only paid for Rocky & Bullwinkle. So no Fractured Fairy Tales or Dudley Do-Right (and obviously no Peabody and Sherman since they have their own show on Netflix).

A full half-hour of Rocky & Bullwinkle is a bit much and the random, rapidfire humor starts to wear on you.

Are you sure? Looking at the names of the people involved it seems like it would just be another cash-grab reboot.

The complete series recently got a rerelease on DVD. It'll only cost you about $50.

Attached: 712wT3Sk1jL._SY550_.jpg (394x550, 62K)

>I have no idea if this is true, but I'm just imaging Jay Ward pushing through security guards trying to get to the president.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f-2.jpg (550x467, 57K)

The movie was actually really good. George of the Jungle good.

I feel like we'd discuss it more if it had been on in reruns a lot and we all watched it, we'd be quoting it like crazy. like Simpsons level of quoting. But as it is, I can only remember vague things and that it was really funny.
also I had a Fractured Fairy Tales tape so I have a lot of those memorized.

That's a famous urban legend in the cartoon industry. The person whose script was set set on fire, the person who set it on fire, and the reason for setting it on fire varies from version to version.

Except the animation is God tier.

Nobody cares about boomer cartoons.

>that time they pissed off Walt Disney because they made fun of him on air.

BASED

>That time Bullwinkle told the audience to pull the knobs out of their television, causing at least 20,000 kids to do so and break their tvs

Most people here aren't over 50 years old.
With that said, I actually loved the live action movie.

Roger Ramjet: the forgotten Jay Ward cartoon

Roger Ramjet isn't Jay Ward.

Sherman is best boy.

Attached: 685865586.jpg (161x261, 9K)

Well now this show knew how to screw with the the audience. Any more examples?

in what alternate timeline?

>The week after, Bullwinkle had to tell the kids to glue the knobs back on.

Neither is Underdog for anyone wondering.

George of the Jungle is, though. That show was also pretty good.

As was the movie, and even the direct-to-video sequel wasn't too bad compared to, say, Inspector Gadget 2.

God bless my fellow zoomers here who understand the appeal