JUST

Tom King is being removed from Batman

bleedingcool.com/2019/05/22/tom-king-taken-off-batman-last-issue-will-be-85/

Attached: 807EFC06-D2CF-40FB-A160-A06C0EC4E5A2.jpg (723x1122, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1131214891451338759
twitter.com/MitchGerads/status/1131216502579900416
hipcast.com/podcast/Hxj6bR7z0
youtube.com/watch?v=YIK7AUiI-eY
twitter.com/MitchGerads/status/1131256531129839616
youtu.be/II04E2GEJG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based

You wish. Get fucked nerd.

Holy shit this is funny, comic fags I hope you’re happy

Attached: 39823495-58C6-4AC1-9E46-E7AC25582D87.jpg (420x334, 116K)

I will be if it's true, fuck King

Who gives a shit about Batman?

A pretty huge chunk of comic readers

>post yfw king commits suicide after being taken off

Attached: 1395716406780.jpg (403x403, 75K)

Quit shilling your fan fiction blog, Rich. Like a lot of people, I don't really care about King either, but this seems unlikely.

unlikely but I hope its true

looks like working on comics isn't for everyone after all

Considering how relatively poorly King’s run has been doing, I think it makes sense. DC probably wants to wrap this story up, possibly so they can start synergizing with Reeves

>#85
So close yet so far

Looks like Rich has been drinking a little too deeply from the Yea Forums well again

It sells exactly as well as Batman always sells

>It sells exactly as well as Batman always sells
This is a blatant lie

Nope. For the first time in a long time it sold below 90k at 88k last month.

Fake as fuck lol.
They're not giving up on their golden boy.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Wow what an absolute catastrophe

>ruin Batman sales
>golden boy

Attached: 1473791818139.jpg (500x339, 94K)

It shows his run is so shit that he managed to sell below 100k on fucking main title Batman. Not even Batman’s name can carry him because his writing is dogshit.

Quality doesn't sell, retard. His run is shit but declining sales is not proof of this.

It wouldn’t be low for a lot of titles, but this is fucking Batman

You don't know what golden boy means.
>man who is very successful and is much admired, although often only temporarily
It's often used ironically nowadays for someone a company likes, but the audience hates.

King is so shit that he is sinking Batman sells. Think about that. Even Snyder’s retarded Riddler arcs didn’t tank sales but King is just so hilariously awful that Batman’s name can’t carry him.

Money paw.
Enjoy Bendis.

HELL YEAH!

Attached: 1557437421225.png (495x434, 260K)

Explain Immortal Hulk outselling Batman then? Idiot.

>less people buying King’s run does not mean less people like King’s run

Attached: C3F65678-2637-4925-89AB-2353D6998A2F.jpg (750x649, 271K)

Attached: A4C32F72-C49E-4E39-83DD-F7559AFDF6D4.jpg (900x1200, 458K)

Get Bendis off Superman and Snyder off Justice League and we can begin the healing. Promising first step if true

Attached: 7F51E82C-6E27-4552-900C-7DCE6C181AA7.jpg (720x960, 100K)

That isn't always true tbf. Like last year Loveness's Nova was very well received but sold poorly.

True. But such is not the case with King’s Batman. At least not right now.

It’s fucking Nova. Why are you comparing Batman to Nova. Are you retarded?

>Even Snyder
Snyder sells, you retard. His moronic Batman Whom LOLs is a top seller every month.

You completely missed the point. Read again

That was a 1 month fluke.

If it does it again this month, then we are in a new green age of comics.

I still say Murder Machine was better

>King goes back to Marvel
>Ladderbro loves him again

You’re admitting that Snyder’s moronic shit sells better than what King is doing

Immortal Hulk is a bad comic, granted, not as bad as King Batman but either way the difference is a tiny 2k. For one month. Most of the angry incels have turned on Kings Batman because Cat and Bat didn't get carried. Retard.

It has been selling like that for some time

>fluke
>immortal hulk sales have been trending up consistently for a year
>Batman sales have been trending down consistently since #50
>fluke
Nope, king's garbage and Ewing's built a fanbase the way comics have traditionally built fanbases. Get fucked Kingfags.

Are you? I wasn't comparing them you fucking dumbass, I was just using it as a recent example of when a book is good and doesn't sell well. Because that happens quite a lot.

Not that this is the case for King's run because it is shit, but poor sales =/= poor quality.

If you are true Batman fan you wouldn’t be defending King. In fact people who defend King’s Batman reek of Marvelfags larping as DC fans and pretending King is good.

No one gives a shit about BatCat anymore. The problem is that nothing fucking happens. King’s master plan has been moving at a snail’s pace.

You're a retard, learn proper grammar.

His moronic shit sells better than anything that isn't a gimmick #1 or variant bullshit.

Explain how Immortal Hulk is a bad comic. I’m curious to your thoughts on it given Yea Forumss reception of it

@107730489
>this bait
no (you) for you fren

I stopped reading Batman when he was going to marry Selina, can anyone give a quick rundown on what happened until now?

Attached: eNcS5.jpg (500x699, 100K)

You have to look at the numbers relatively for the character not from an objective standpoint. Did you fail grade 5 mathematics?

You know the sad thing is that I personally like the pairing, I’ve just HATED how King has written it along with everything else

I do, it's actually why I stopped buying the book and only skim through the storytime threads every now and then.
I can't be fucking bothered after getting strung along for 50 fucking issues.

>No one gives a shit about BatCat anymore
Don't make me laugh. Everyone was fine with his bullshit for two years despite the writing being just as bad but as soon as he crossed shipperfags he suddenly became the worst.

>His moronic shit sells better than anything that isn't a gimmick #1 or variant bullshit.
And Batman should be on top of all of that.

>true Batman fan
Stop drinking, Sergei.

Are you retarded? Nova had an ongoing just before that one and it lasted longer. Years before he had an ongoing and it lasted longer. Retard.

>mentally ill billionaire beats up petty criminals as a hobby
>should be on top of all of that
Why?

Bane and Batdad from an alternate flashpoint universe used naked wrestling and hypnosis mind control VR to convince Bruce he'd be happier if he wasn't Batman.
Not kidding.

>should
Because you say so?

>Selina ditches him last minute because she fears Bruce being happy will result in him not being Batman
>All part of a master manipulation by Bane and Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman
>Bruce is going nuts, punched Tim in the face
More or less

Again I'm not comparing the two. I don't know why you think I am you drooling retard. Them being different in popularity means nothing when the example was a good book selling poorly enough to get cancelled.

I like him and I loved his Vision and Mister Miracle stuff. I think he's very talented.

But after the shit he pulled with the Bat-wedding yeah he should be dumped. He should be fucking shitcanned.

Do I have to say it?

Attached: AA6A3C91-B4C4-4511-88CA-B228995B3871.jpg (216x234, 6K)

If you are a Catwoman fan, you should hate King.

If you are a batcat fan, you should hate King.

If you are Batfam fan, you should hate King.

If you are a Dick Grayson fan, you should hate King

If you are a Bruce Wayne fan, you should hate King.

If you understand how self-insertion is shit writing, you should hate King because that’s all he is doing with Batman.

Here comes Bendis.

Search your heart, you know it to be true.

The good thing is he's best on street level heroes so maybe it'll work out.

Don’t forget Dick getting amnesia. Unless that’s already been undone.

Case in point, retard. Look

I have no words for this.

Literally nothing. You haven't missed anything

Okay, I’ll admit it, I thought most readers had gotten over BatCat. I never thought they were gonna end up getting married in that story. Regardless, this can all be attributed to the core problem: King’s story has moved too slow. I wouldn’t blame DC for wanting to wrap it up.

*siiiips* Bendis? Now that was a writer.

Dick? Oh, you must mean RIC GRAYSON, edgy new badboy heart-throb who drinks and smokes and fucks black chicks instead of fighting evil.

Who, Bendis?

Fuck (((TK))) and his 100 issue mission to cukc the fuck out of the Bat.

I'd take it if it gets him off Superman.

Bendis is writing 10 garbage tier books right now... will Lee and Didummy really give him Batman too?

Sales on Supes books arent too hot either.

This run has long ran out of steam but there's no way this is accurate. This next arc looks to be very accessable and action oriented and will sell fine. Plus he has what, a year left?

>garbage tier
They're all fine to good, I know you all wanna fit in though ;)

>mfw Bendis sees the opportunity and quickly cucks Superman into irredeemable oblivion before moving on to his next victim

Attached: DE5EF154-85C5-41B0-B891-4E7AF9BE0BDF.jpg (720x377, 280K)

Why do people like his Mister Miracle? It’s pseudo-intellectual nonsense about mental health/escapism with King projecting his own issues hard on the page. Hell I think the Eisner was just given to that because it just talked about those topics rather than do anything well with them

I to love thinking and typing about Bendis and cucking, together. Nothing sexual tho lol

Didn’t Bendis surprisingly write an okay Batman in his #1000 short story?

>I to love thinking

I dont believe you

I guess it's a Miracle it isn't as bad as they were expecting.

Yep, along with other brief appearances his Batman has been promising. He should be able to nail the detective/intrigue aspects for sure.

Is the dark knight saved?

>>>Taken off the 100 Page Spectacular Superman

>>>HIC Wally retconned to be alternate Universe

>>> Taken Off Batman before he hits his 100 milestone

What is this feeling? Is it hope?

Attached: 9C69717B-B2AC-4293-8101-B13D901E6AF8.jpg (1280x1979, 667K)

Bendis has a good reputation with street-level characters. My fear is that he’ll try to make some kind of grand political gesture through Batman, à la Miles Morales.

>from the Marvel well
Fixed.

>Suicide note and everything
>It's autoerotic asphyxiation
That kinky motherfucker always got a hard on from that.

>all of these things are true

I remember when that book oversold some important Marvel book.

>If you have no life, you should give a fuck about capeshit

Attached: 05.jpg (278x265, 13K)

Yeah but he wouldn’t play favorites with Duke for example because he didn’t create the character. He’d probably create another daughter self insert of some kind, like a secret daughter of Lucius Fox

N--

>>>HIC Wally retconned to be alternate Universe

Huh?

Yeah wasn’t that Civil War 2?

No.

>It’s pseudo-intellectual nonsense about mental health/escapism with King projecting his own issues hard on the page
Tom King in a nutshell.
All of King's stories have been about trauma and escapism, personally I'm hoping we've finally turned the corner on this generations fascination with deconstructionism but only time will tell. It's time to dust off the classical ideas of heroism and put all those who would denigrate idealism in the darkest pit of Hot Topic where they belong, King included.

>readers

There’s a rumor going around saying the Wally who killed everyone is from the Dark Multiverse and Doctor Manhattan has the real one as prisoner

Cant wait for another lame black/gay/both batfam 3rd wheel character

>I'm too dumb to like non-conventional comics

For roughly 70 issues.

Which was supposed to be a big seller, yep.

reboot coming

>There’s a rumor going around
One single user said it for shits and giggles but sure

Well there’s nothing inherently wrong with deconstruction, the problem is every Tom Dick and Harry coming out of the woodwork trying to pull off deeper meaning with darker tones in an effort to appear insightful. Yes, Bruce is a fucked up manchild, but it’s become so cliche at this point to argue “he can’t be happy”

Yea Forums takes any rumor as fact.
Case-in-point this very thread.

Fuck off King. There’s nothing smart about that run on Mister Miracle. It has the same value as fucking Rick and Morty

If he really has a 100 issues story, it's really stupid to throw him out 15 issues from the finish line. Great way to let those who buy Batman every two weeks feel disappointed.
Will they happily come back for a new writer after DC proved you shouldn't expect anything from them.

>non-conventional
You act like this is the first time people have touted "subverting expectations" as high art. Deconstructionism rolls around about once a generation (see TDKR) and it's problems don't change, in order for subversion to be successful art you have to be able to elicit the full range of emotion, not just apathy and dissatisfaction, which most content creators lack the skill to do.
If I'm going to shell out my hard earned cash for mediocrity I'd rather it be a mediocrity that attempts to inspire instead of pretentious wallowing in self pity and narcissism masquerading as intellectual superiority.

Deconstruction is the convention
Unironic heroism would be a radical departure from the norm
Sorry you're boring

user, I want Hulk to be the #1 comic, I really do and Ewing deserves it, but come on, it's batman. You could print a comic where he does nothing but sit on the toilet and people would still buy it in truck loads.

This was a 1 time thing, so we need to treasure it.

Treasure deez nutz on yer chin.

Nigga, you're making me risk it all.

>Yes, Bruce is a fucked up manchild, but it’s become so cliche at this point to argue “he can’t be happy”
Bruce wasn't always a fucked up manchild. His original incarnation was as a man with a plan, Bruce Wayne's secret weapon to battle the corruption and greater evil he couldn't. Bruce Wayne threw epic parties, developed technologies, banged hot society chicks, managed charities, adopted orphans, nurtured friendships and solved crimes. This post TDKR character is a modern "subversion" and people have forgotten that, I hope maybe they'll start to remember.

Is that an actual panel or

I think the real issue here is that modern writers aren’t interested in Bruce Wayne anymore

>Don't make me laugh. Everyone was fine with his bullshit for two years despite the writing being just as bad but as soon as he crossed shipperfags he suddenly became the worst.

Don't promise things you won't/can't do;

it was the only thing going on these books. King is miserable

"Ric" isn't Tom King's doing. The original idea was for Dick to develop vertigo and a fear of heights after getting shot, and have Tim take over as Nightwing temporarily while helping Dick get his mojo back. That would have been an awesome story, but editorial, not any of the writers, decided that Dick needed to be sidelined completely and dictated the amnesia / cops storyline instead. Percy quit over it.

The rumor is Bleeding Cool hearing it from "multile inside sources"

People have needed less material to spread shit with metoo

Wow that isnt close. King wanted Dick to be a vegetable and tim teach him everything again and tim be Nightwing. Which he was forcing on Percy. Percy was going to do the vertigo so it wouldn't mess with his story.

This is total bullshit. It's pretty clear that King isn't actually "off" the book. Bendis is just going to take over the book for an arc as a result of LEVIATHAN.

>inb4 Bendis

Attached: Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg (512x384, 27K)

It's so he can write the Wally book

Don't Believe Rich's Lies

bendis would be preferable at this point

famous last words

>King's run gets extended to 110 because of this

Attached: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (313x559, 60K)

>bendis would be preferable at this point
eat shit timfag.

I don't believe it.

Like the wedding, this is just to get certain fans hopes up before a swerve. Issue 86 will be written by "Tim Prince" or some other pseudonym.

Mr.miracle was just boring, I'm a Minot Scott fan but I just couldn't keep up with the nonsense after a while

Its already up to 105 from the Flash crossovers.

King LOVES Selina & HATES Bruce.

FUCK YES BASED PAM BEING BASED

Seems like a baseless rumor but I'm happy anyway.

Attached: 1508416747003.jpg (1284x980, 388K)

>The original idea was for Dick to develop vertigo and a fear of heights after getting shot
Actually, it was for him to be brain damaged and Tim would fill in as Nightwing and teach Dick how to eat, read and be Nightwing again.

>citation needed

I know, I'm saying Bendis taking over for an arc because of Leviathan will extend it further

Batman #1 by Based BM Bendis incoming. Leviathan event will be the perfect segue. My body is ready for Bendis kino. Fuck King.

>Seems like a baseless rumor but I'm happy anyway.
King and Mitch Gerards tweets heavy hints of something like this happening

Mister Miracle does nothing other comics before it haven't done.

He was only the writer of one of those... and even the one he did write he only wrote one issue

I could ask you for the same thing. King, with his own mouth, said on a podcast (Gotham by geeks or some shit like that, some Batman centric podcast) that that was his plan and it was inspired by his uncle going through something like that and he was moved by the idea that an intelligent guy couldn't even read or eat anymore and needed his sister(King's mom) to feed him and teach him how to read.

Bendis is growing

It reached 84ks and 83ks during this year

Care to post?

We're talking about the actual Batman comic, one of the few remaining arguably successful mainstream comics left, and YOU want to make it Vertigoshit?

Attached: 17szz7.jpg (1200x900, 73K)

if this is true than this would be awesome.
wouldn´t surprise that much honestly.
Batman is the last thing DC has which still sales and King has decided to turn him into a atheist cuck who always get´s easily beaten and outsmarted by women

variant cove like always
comic industry is in such a pathetic state
only way to make money is force die hard collectors to buy 7 different cover versions

it'd probably be more successful if it was actually Vertigoshit and not King's pale imitation of it.

comics written people non sjws are making a killing in crowedfunding right now.
DC and Marvel have to stop pushing sjw shit constantly and they will see increase in sales again

>Why do people like his Mister Miracle?
first of all people don´t like it. it never sold well.
second of all it only got and awards for pushing anti masculine and feminist propaganda

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1131214891451338759
Tom King

@TomKingTK

So many kind notes. You all rock.

Geards seems more optimistic

twitter.com/MitchGerads/status/1131216502579900416

and all those comics are terrible so it still proves quality doesn't sell

>I could ask you for the same thing
You could but it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Immortal Hulk only had one regular variant outside of retailer variants. Just like every other issue. It was a really cool variant, but I don't think it would spike sales that much, considering the main cover is still Alex Ross. Hulk has been on an upward trend as more people take notice of it.

Then post the podcast and timestamp of when he's talking about it.
It's that easy, you could just do that

>it never sold well.
Nah, it sold well. It was shit but it sold well for a Mister Miracle comic, a maxi series on top of being an ongoing.

>and timestamp
Go listen to it yourself, if you're such a big Tommy Kino King fan.

>When your run is so bad it sells less than Hulk

Life is unfair. Tha book was such a nice read.

>Hulk has been on an upward trend as more people take notice of it.

True. Ewing is a much better writer then hack King

I don't know why you're refusing to prove your point.
It would be the easiest thing in the world.

>being THAT delusional

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Based now please end Bendis' life next, DC.

Want to talk about unfair? Justice League of China

A Batman series written by Gaiman or Carey would likely sell better than Snyder or King could ever dream of. That sentence alone is probably the subject of many of Didio's wet dreams.

They're paying him a lot. May as well try with him and se how it rolls.

I honestly would give Batman to Morrison or Elis, if we're going to make this suddent change. Or wait for King to end his whole run and look for some new blood meanwhile.

Hasn't pretty much every issue of Immortal Hulk gone to at least third prints?

King shouldn’t have wasted 10 issues on filler. Maybe if King had more commitment to the book and tried to be less shit then he wouldn’t be taken off.

>capecomic readers
>getting over something
>letting go of something
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, no, no. You are severely confused about the nature of the dance.

as far as I'm aware, yes. The "Ewing is sales poison" meme is finally dead.

He is good if it's melodrama or young adult stuff, not mysetery. Daredevil wasn't as good as people tend to give credit for.

Go frack yourself, Leech. No one with an IQ over arctic room temp goes to your adware site

he is supposed to reach 105/6 with his "100 issues", because some issues were written by someone else. So, from 85, to 106, we got around one full year of issues.
user, you don't let someone write something bad, for one fucking year, just because they have a story to tell. Sales might eventually lower, if it's shit.

Cringe

My bet is that DC will take pity and give him a separate Batman book like how Snyder had All-Star.

but the "it's not King's fault but a result of industry wide trends" meme has been born

Ewing and King are both insufferable twats on social media. Based purely on their writing output, Ewing is a better writer, a dozen times over.

Hulk is actually good, even when he peppers every fifth issue with liberal white guilt for the trade collections. The rest of the comic is entertaining.

>you don't let someone write something bad just because they have a story to tell
hasn't stopped King so far
or Bendis
or Tomasi
or Jurgens
or most Big 2 writers

>Harper Row
>Duke Thomas
And they keep coming.

and they keep going

Yes, it would be easy for you to put the podcast on in the background until you hear him talk about Dick.

I don't like this at all. Maybe he's moving from Batman proper to a Batman and Someone book, like Morrison did?

Gaiman would never do a run on Batman so that's a stupid point and Carey doesn't sell.

Maybe if they called him Bruno Díaz...

the situation was already hypothetical, of course it would never actually happen.

If there such a thing a reverse monkey paw? You ask for Avengers Bendis...do we get Daredevil Bendis?

So... still crap?

The reactions on twitter and resetera please me so, so much.

Attached: xehanort_smiling_ALOT.png (847x1073, 1.06M)

Hulk killed Batman

Elaborate

Happening

Attached: C23E3A5F-9842-4C60-8BB0-9828E6541977.jpg (750x411, 103K)

I did and he didn't say anything Dick being brain dead so I guess you're just a liar.

I still get a kick out of that taxi driver tweet where King gets shit for calling off the wedding

Batman hasn't always sold over 100k, it's an arbitrary threshold. You know why the book sold so much? Renumbering relaunch gimmick brought in readers that also stayed for King's writing and then standard attrition began working. You're acting like his run is Bendis' Superman, which is bombing hard given the push it got.

But low-tier crap, instead of mid-tier crap (Avengers) or high-tier crap (X-Men, GotG).

Attached: YES.jpg (424x736, 85K)

>Mad at King for being such a dumbass that he himself fell for marketing hype

LMAO

>DC readers keep reading DC so they don't read Marvel
>They are well aware of who Bendis is
>Didio:"Oh hey, we got Marvel poster boy here on Superman"
>Didio:"Where is everybody?"

Well, hereif you check here, on twitter, the responses, everyone is bawling. Same on the place I mentioned.

No. It wasn't offensive garbage and this pushed some people to act like it was amazing.

>Google "Tom King Batman Podcast Nightwing"
>Second result is plebbit thread discussing it
Gotham By Geeks Episode 114, around 79:50 (though King talks about his process for characters slightly before that)
All it takes is 5 seconds guys.

Attached: 1471461112054.gif (325x218, 2.01M)

Now Yea Forums using your best retarded logic, tell me why you think this is confirmation that King is getting kicked off Batman.

Tribalists will flock to their tribe no matter what. They will support people like King simply out of spite for the opposing team.

people sayiung they goona drop batman and some saying they gonna drop all DC comics LOL amazing

Has it sold below 100k since the New 52 started? Certainly it hasn't gone below 90k, I feel this place would have been in a uproar over that, considering Snyder's hate mob that resided here. That's eight years of consistent sales done in by King if true.

Good. he's a fed.

Those guys at DC are so gay they overcompensate by hating Dick.

>All it takes is 5 seconds guys
Fuck you don't shame me you fuck. You either clip it and post it here or fuck off.

This. Fuck spooks who kill for the ZOG.

It sometimes sold 94k, 98k. But it was mostly on 100k.

Bendis will takeover the Batbooks and make sweeping changes

Well, if it was a completely unfounded rumor, you'd think the writer would say "this is a completely unfounded rumor" instead of "thanks for the support."

But how do we know this is in relation to to what bleedingcool said?

>Bleeding Cool
I can't believe this thread made it past twenty posts, much less two hundred.

>and make sweeping changes
That's a redundant statement. You only needed to say Bendis will take over.

When all it takes is googling relevant keywords, then you're asking for it
hipcast.com/podcast/Hxj6bR7z0
He talks about it at 79:40

If this is true, it’s probably voluntary since King’s Too big to fire

Circlejerks like this means facts don't matter.

What the fuck else would he be talking about?

unless he starts selling less than Ewing

Obviously false, DC is run by retards and for retards and they would never make as sensical a decision as this.

We love bleedingcool, Rich is our king.

It’s not firing, it’s moving assets to another title. “Hey King. You did such great work on Batman that we want you to revitalize Constantine”

I said clip it and post it here, bitch lord.

Thank Christ

EVER

Maybe Wal-Mart got THAT pissed they looked into the guy?
>You hired an ex-CIA?
>He knows a big guy.
>*laugh for a good 5 minutes*
>But seriously that's fucked up, get him off the main books or we are dropping the anthologies.

It's not bad.

Attached: C887A8E7-931C-45F1-9162-2FE5CDD08090.jpg (828x903, 58K)

Mitch is a big fag cling-on and this is a cope

So you want me to download this podcast, cut it down to the relevant part, upload it somewhere else and link it back here, when all you need to do is simply go to the link and skip to the time I mentioned?
Now tell me, what incentive I have for doing all of that?

Okay, Yea Forums. Talk to me. Which character would you hate to see King on next the most?

>upload it somewhere else
Literally post it here retard. Convert it to webm or whatever.

I want him on Harley Quinn so he can drive her and her lame followers to kill-self

I would have said the new gods since they have maintained their dignity, but that nightmare already happened.

And he already reached across the aisle to fuck over Wally. I can't think of anything in particular but I'm sure he'll surprise me like always.

The Question but Bendis seems to have his buttery fingers on him so the Spectre probably

Well received doesn't mean more people liked it. Just means the people who liked it liked it alot.

Sweet, I can finally take Batman off my pull list then

This is vague enough to imply something like "Thanks for the kind words! I'm not going anywhere any time soon, but you're all amazing people."

>Gerads
His "art" is everything wrong with modern comic books. Gerads, Maleev and Deodato Jr need to be hanged, figuratively speaking.

Spider-Man.

>Spider-Man.
Spider-man is depressed, sad and tried suicide. this is the only thing King know to write

>2 time Eisner Award winning best penciller Mitch Gerards isn't good enough for some 12chan incel
Bruh stfu

I'd LOVE that, actually. Go home, Tom, go home.

You are confused. If you've read HiC, you'd have seen, nuharleyfags would like King on her. King makes men failures and women badass. If we got King, we'd have her torturing joker for five issues and it being righteous and just and badass. So, no. Her followers would be happy. Unfortunately.

Erika Henderson also won two Eisners, I guess that means she's a good artist now.

>Eisner Award
>the same award given twice (2x) to the "artist" of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Yikes

So what made people turn on King? The wedding fiasco?

This is cringe.

True. I am dumb.

I still pick her because I would never read a book she was in.

That, what he did to Nightwing, and him being the second person to dig up Flashpoint Batman. And King generally not just getting to the fucking point after all this time.

this

they are going to give bendis the entire batline after he crashes the supermanline with no survivors

> tfw STILL smiling that bendis is gone and shogun is fixing marvel

Problem, incels?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I think when people were ready for Batman to stop crawling through Shawshank shit and get some kind of heroic payoff, and it never happened.

But probably the wedding.

I bailed when Catwoman casually plucked a sword out of him like he was completely irrelevant.

Punching Tim, the non-wedding, and Selina beating Barry are good picks too

Shouldn't you be telling us about how Brie Larson doesn't have a bitch face, is loved by everyone in the cast and her character wasn't just a plot device that may or may not want to rape Peter Parker?

Well done DC.

Attached: Damage Control.png (1108x1713, 3.63M)

Attached: Drunk Avengers.jpg (725x918, 130K)

Please, tell me more about how you hate women.

>revitalize Constanti
At least him being depressed and a failure at everything would fit

>I think when people were ready for Batman to stop crawling through Shawshank shit and get some kind of heroic payoff, and it never happened.

This so hard. Batman's ratio of loses to wins in this has been abysmal. He's fucking Batman, he shouldn't be so pathetic.

>when your run is so shit that DC has to remove you because you are selling less than the Hulk

Wedding, Miracle not amounting to anything and turning Wally into a serial killer / mass murderer

Fuck you capeshitter.

Most series are selling less than the Hulk.

I might pick up Batman again if the new writer is good. Hopefully it is Taylor or Priest and not Bendis.

Priest has been my batman dark horse for some time now.

I love Constantine, i'm just saying that if any character could pull off being a sad sack for 100+ issues and have it be in-character it's him

How to hate women
>think of women
>think of any bad things about women you can think of
>hate them

I mean, it's not that hard, I don't see why you'd need a tutorial. Just replace women with something else and that way you could hate anything you want.
>I hate Jim Henson, that fucking hippie.
See, easy.

STFU retard, stop being an absolute waste of space

They did that to Tomasi and replaced with the lower selling Bendis.

Great pick. Id preorder for that shit.

But nobody hates Jim Henson, he's wonderful.

To be fair, Wally committed manslaughter. The real fucked up shit was framing innocent people and violating the privacy of the dead heroes seeking therapy for their mental health.

Yuck on all three.

Regardless it's retarded

You sound like a retard.

I know, entertainment as a whole went to shit after he died.

>The wedding.
>Catwoman wank
>Harley defeating Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman
>Edgy Booster Gold
>Killing heroes for shockvalue in HiC
>ruining Wally West
>making literally every superhero in the DCU mentally ill (even Superman)
>Batman being so edgy and emo and acting like Catwoman leaving him is somehow worse than any Robin dying
>Dick Grayson shot in the head
>Bane’s Master Plan (IT WAS ME BRUCE! And I WAS PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED)
>so many many issues of pointless Filler
>Batman hitting Gordon
>Batman hitting Tim Drake

There is only so much good will you can give.

That's nice, sweetie.

But he's changing the history of Batman!

>Bendis takes over Batman
>manages to somehow sell even less than King

King never know how to control powerlevels. He'll always wank whoever he's writing. Remember Vision beating the main bulk of the Avengers in a few minutes?

It was the wedding fiasco for me. It made me reevaluate why I liked the dark tone to Batman, and King wasn't delivering. You can't be depressing all the time, you have to have some reprieve. Like the appeal of Batman for me was that he saw how terrible the world was, had every opportunity to go insane and take the easy road out, and he doesn't. He's still a hero. Sure heroes have low points, but with King it's just non-stop.

I Am Suicide for me, when he made Batman a self cutter as a kid.

I stopped following it regularly after I Am Bane, then entirely after the proposal.

>Batman being so edgy and emo and acting like Catwoman leaving him is somehow worse than any Robin dying
This shit really bothers me. Batman was originally ready to kill the Joker if Superman wasn't there to stop him after Jason died. Was Batman really all that desperate for that Cat Pussy?

Wasn't he meant to be working on some big twist like making Batman gay or something? Why would DC suddenly remove him if they are working with him on plot?

It's not.

That was based tho

because Al Ewing is kicking his ass with Hulk and this is a reactionary move on DC's part

Why can't they just focus on making good stories? Is that really so hard?

King never knew how to write

Not him, and though I disagree they're bad that's exactly what DC did to Tomasi and Jurgens. Twice for tomasi.

Also you left out the most important part of anons statement, the time frame. A full year of dwindling sales on their bluechip book isn't something any company would stomach

Nobody cares what you like his Batman is atrocious

This. Fuck King and fuck kingfags

>tracing is great art because lazy faggots like it
Bruh fucking kill yourself and stream it bruh.

The first few issues of Mister Miracle was pretty solid as far as setups go, and his one shot God of Light story from Darkseid war was great.

Downhill after that.

Big if true, I hope it's true.

Many things

>batcatbatcatbatcatbatcat
>batcatbatcatbatcatbatcat not even leading to a wedding
>made Batman a cutter
>spent 25 issues after the engagement shitting on Batman because "lol Selina is totally normal but batman's a crazy manchild
>WOJAR was irrefutably terrible
>decompression like a mother fucker for the last three months, even worse than ever

I mean his run is a complete and utter disaster.

I'd accept priest the other two might make me go more ballistic than king staying on.

Retards who believe this probably also believed the Grinch Smash Bros leak

this

This. Injusticefags are cancer

batcatbatcatbatcatbatcat

Attached: 1557969024247.jpg (750x733, 60K)

The three words that best describe Grinch are as follows, and I quote "he is in".

Christopher Priest tho?

Not a fan of his Deathstroke run?

I always thought he would be a better fit at Marvel, with all his retarded takes.

Was Vision good?

are we getting worked into a shoot, brothers?

>implying Yea Forumsmblr let these threads go when bc goes after ComicsGate

Good, maybe that mopey fuck will go off and finally anhero himself.

no

Then what made King famous?

Not really, no. And I particularly have no interest in another meme writer getting the job because the defense force fans are the worst and they always end up pulling power plays and writing out of character because they think their story is worth it.

The best he's written but not that great. High school girls would love it.

And industry starved for attention and stars

They're really stretching that out, huh?

A combination of networking and getting praise from people not wanting capestuff for writing capestuff as not capestuff.

Not that user, but while Vision was received by mostly everyone, all twelve of his fans were upset by it, saying that King butchered his character in order to tell the story that he did. I suppose if he had started off on more popular characters, King may have not been so well received, as there would have been a large enough fan base to get upset.

HALLELUJAH AMEN

this would be garbage. Nobody is better than Tom King at writing Batman.

So who is picking up Batman after him? Is it going to be Bendis? Or will they just shove Snyder back onto it?

>nobody is better

Attached: 1544024336759.jpg (227x340, 26K)

I hope he slits his wrists on stage at comiccon

Very cool

Anons, want to know my reaction to this?
Do you want to know how I feel about King leaving?
I'll put it simply.
It can be summed in one simple phrase.
Here goes:

Kite-Man.

Attached: Batman-2016-032-016.jpg (781x1200, 68K)

This.

It might as well have been "characters in cosplay: the book". Like all of his comics.

Sadly Bendis will take over. Tom Hacking will write JLI and Wally West solo. DC is doomed.

Attached: Naamloos34.png (350x372, 215K)

Not since the shitty (first) crossover.

Fucking thank god, King's run has honestly been shit. Entire books with pages with one liners and grunts.

The art has also been shit, why do they keep getting the guy who just traces over fucking poser for everything? It's horrible and downright lazy looking in comparison to artists like Capullo who used to be on the book.

What book is this from

No.

>this would be garbage. Nobody is better than Tom King at writing Batman.
readers seems to prefer Snyder. so Snyder is better LOl
you are a retard

That issue was fun. The idea that the Riddler would make a whole plan just to make his acquaintance laugh reminds me of older versions of Batman.

A lot of his issues were ridiculously decompressed. he was probably just stretching it out to get a steady fat paycheck.

Fuck off. That's Batman trying to murder the Riddler with a machete. Batman did nothing during that run other than fail, make people die, and bang Catwoman, which is why he tried to murder the Riddler because he didn't knew what else to do and was desperate for being a sad sack of shit.

>give Batman to Morrison or Elis
At least Morrison LIKES Batman but he did his run.

Ellis would just be King 2.0, his contempt of capeshit would insure it'd be more "Fight crime & help people? How STOOOPID lol!"

>AAAAAAAAH WHY DON'T YOU BUY MY BOOK?

Attached: tom king.png (638x344, 240K)

Batman turning into a cuck

>Ewing and King are both insufferable twats on social media.

Ewing is a cunt in person.

meh no character is cool or like how I used to love them anymore thanks to sjws and feminists

Warren Ellis actually is a fan of Batman. He did two fan-service-y issues with heavy focus on Batman during his Planetary run, a comic for fucking Wildstorm. He still figured out some way to have Batman in it.

It's still a bad comic for retarded muhh feels tumblrites. It starts out with kind of a sinister tone but ends up being a cheesy ROBOTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO U GUISEE.

kek

Was EVS right? He says monthly grinds are dead. It feels like he using that as an excuse for his cyberfrogs books not coming out.
youtube.com/watch?v=YIK7AUiI-eY

Attached: Ethan Van Sciver Orlando Toy & Comic Con boy.jpg (4032x3024, 3.01M)

Attached: Catforce 01.jpg (1288x1980, 605K)

Someone post that screenshot of Batman biting off Joker's nipples.

issue 6 of Madame Xanadu

Attached: Batman-13-page-5.jpg (914x1405, 471K)

Gerads is being cheeky
twitter.com/MitchGerads/status/1131256531129839616

Attached: KEK.jpg (1988x3056, 654K)

BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT
BAT
CAT

>King’s Too big to fire
No he isn't.

Nobody is 'too big'.

Don't forget the courtroom atheist thing and punching Gordon

I'd say get fucked but you seem too lazy...

Vision is my favorite Avenger and I liked that book a lot. I'm also a big fan of Victor Mancha and I didn't have a problem with any of it. The only other thing by King I've read is HiC and that book is an abomination.

You bitches forget the most important thing, that he's wearing his underwear over his pants again. King is based.

See the atheism thing is weird, and I believe an incorrect classification. Bruce KNOWS God exists given the cosmic shit he’s seen. Hes been to heaven for fuck sake. However, I think it’s safe to say he doesn’t believe in God, as in the being doing him any special favors.

As a former King fan, THANK FUCKING GOD. Maybe I'll start reading it again.

>Batman finally gets the perfect modern suit
>King tosses it and goes back to the undies for nostalgiawank
Wow thank you King, very based

The wedding, screwing over the retailers with a non-event, taking every chance he can to show that Selina is perfect & Bruce and everything he has done is stupid.

Just once this decade I'd like to see a Batman writer who actually LIKED Batman.

He's inferred he's not interested...but people can change minds...

The resentment was kinda growing over time but still popular enough to make up for it. Wedding issue was the first start of the fall, then the fact the Knightmares arc was way too meandering. That Road Runner issue could've just been a back-up for a Batman annual or something. And on top of that there was the problem with Heroes in Crisis.

It's too soon for Bendis to leave Superman. Best outcome

It was a Vertigo series wearing Marvel Underoos and it was embarrassed to even be doing that.

JOKER NO!

This...is not wrong.

>85
which was the issue that supposedly was going to change batman forever? does it still happen or is it cancelled now?

reminder that Rich Johnston doesn't have a green card or any meaningful connections left in the comic book industry having lost his green card years ago, and currently works as the tea boy for Paul "horse porn" Staines.

I don't want Bendis anywhere near the top characters.

>Warren Ellis actually is a fan of Batman.

He thinks Ellis is a fan of ANYTHING capeshit

Attached: 1492201009810.jpg (300x300, 17K)

I hated him since Omega men, but after those 5-6 issues of Talia,Lois and Diana being used to prop-up Selina, I grew complete intolerance for King

Yes, it was. It's only hated by nu/co/ who'd rather read Immortal Cuck or something Tomasi/Venditti.

youtu.be/II04E2GEJG8
FUCK KING

This is like saying only gay guys hated Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. It's absurd at the face and objectively the complete opposite of reality.

Only faggots like king and his faggot ass out of character writing.

Holy shit you're the most insufferable twat of the day

I like Catwoman but someone like a suburban Amanda Waller or the Silencer would be a better match. Someone who's good at keeping secrets while living a some what normal life. With someone like that Batman can get some good down time. But with Catwoman he would be running 24/7.

Nightwing combined with the wedding. I have no fucking clue why he thought such a drawn out bait and switch would go over well. Shipperfags are not ones to let slights like this go.

As much as I want Priest writing Batman, we all know that it's going to be Benis

You're a characterfag, aren't you?

Nah. You're a kingfag aren't you?

Why do writers always forget the second half to this idea? Batman's been to the edge of the abyss, but he had the strength to step away. That's what makes him Batman and not another villain.

>C-characterfag!!

You keep using that, and it always gives yourself away, brainlet. If you don't give a shit about the characters, the story is worthless and people lose interest. We saw this happen with Marvel during the All-New All-Different Marvel and Marvel Now 2.0 era.

How is he coping?

Attached: 1552333347277.png (1463x2128, 3.28M)

>It was a Vertigo series
Fuck off retard pleb

>someone buys Batman and wants Batman
>user who doesn't give a damn about Batman thinks this is absurd

You're completely disconnected from reality and what actual people think/buy.
Thinking everyone hates King is no different from the tumblr people who think everyone loves everything with diversity. You're in an echochamber.

Remember that your average dumbfucks who buy comics are the same people who made Bendis such a massive name in the first place and thought garbage like Civil War and Identity Crisis were masterpieces. Most people unironically think King is great for the same reasons.

That's the Bendis magic. In small doses he's great with fantastic ideas, but give him the reins and he will disappoint you.

>Characterfags calling others brainlet
Characterfags are the biggest brainlets. The most famous characterfags are Damifag and that girl who workshops poison ivy. Both got asses for brains, and represent your average characterfag.
We also saw what happened with DC and Marvel during 80s and 90s.

It's good but the last few issues highlight how bad King could get.

>Suburban Waller or Silencer
>Good at keeping secrets
Why not Babs?

Is that avatar supposed to be him?
If so that's some wishful thinking

>44 videos
Chump numbers compared to G+G's 100+ videos

That's very true. That was some Resident Evil 2 autist levels of dedication.

Attached: 1552238339842.jpg (1469x2885, 1.57M)

Fuck DC. Waiting king to come back to marvel to write some kino

This will never not be stupid.

It would be tragic, and I'm genuinely concerned for him and his mental state given he has been treating the comics like therapy, and almost believe the more venomous cope posts in storytime are actually him.

Attached: 1558233165915.gif (400x300, 916K)

HOW THE FUCK DID HE SURVIVE?

Attached: batman-and-thomas-wayne-batman.jpg (1041x1600, 367K)

I hope that panel of Bruce punching Tim doesn't have a deeper meaning.

Bullshit, bullshit, Doctor Manhattan?

This is the best for everyone. Now King can make time to go to therapy and get some professional help for all of his fucking issues instead of shoving them into comics nobody enjoys.

Cassfag suck a dick.
King is shit
Bendis is shit.

>haracterfags are the biggest brainlets. The most famous characterfags are Damifag and that girl who workshops poison ivy
Stephanie Brownfag you are the Cancer of CBR:

>Looney Toons crossover was legitimately great
>turns out it was because someone forced King to tone the edginess down
Un-ironically therapy would make him a better writer.

And nothing of value was lost.

So King tweeted Thanks for the support and Gerads tweeted about how this is making room for better things. I'm very interested in what is actually happening

Bless the gods! MAKE BATMAN GREAT AGAIN.

Keep Tom King as far away from mainstream comics as possible!

>It sells exactly as well as Batman always sells

This is an abject falsehood and lie.

Stephanie Brown is still shit.
thanks god we are rid of King.
We must get rid of Bendis too.

Prove it.

all of King's fans are retards

You're right, but retards also make up the bulk of the comics buying market.

The only person using "characterfag", "Damifag", "Stephfag", etc is you. It's pretty obvious at this point. You'd have to be a real brainlet to think no one else noticed that at this point.

If this is really happening, it's most likely some sort of corporate thing and has nothing to do with sales or quality.

I'm guessing when King talked to DC corporate and WB about what he wanted to do that would "leave his mark on Batman", someone even higher up caught wind of it and went apeshit and is coming down hard on DC, like the Batpenis debacle.

And yet Batman sells less than 100K and less than the Immortal Hulk.

Hmmmm.....

So this means the leak about them backtracking hard on the stupid Wally suicide shit is probably true.

I wonder if King could do a change on the level of One More Day. He already ruined the wedding. Maybe he'll actually "kill" the family and disconnect them from Batman somehow.

Sales figures are public knowledge, brainlet.

>Big marketing pitch centered around bringing a character back to show a fresh new attitude at DC
>Not two years later have him commit suicide
Maybe Didio had a thought for once and considered that might look bad from a marketing perspective?

They also seem to be backtracking hard on Batman's wedding to Catwoman. What a fucking joke that issue #50 fiasco was with 10,000 variant covers and ridiculous press tour.

>I'M GOING TO CHANGE THE CHARACTER OF BATMAN FOREVER!
>repeats this ad nauseum in every interview for YEARS
>gets pulled
What an embarrassment.

Attached: 9.17.16TomKingByLuigiNovi1.jpg (220x268, 17K)

I mean, he changed him from a top-seller to not. Does that count?

Wally is going to pull a Flashpoint and reset the Batfamily to back before King took over.

OMD only stuck because it came straight from the Editor-In-Chief, then he put one of his cronies in charge of Spider-Man for the next decade. As soon as both Joe and Dan were gone, Pete and MJ got back together in literally the first issue under a new writer. King has plenty of clout, but not that much.

>We must get rid of Bendis too.
:)

It's a long shot, but maybe people are having their "Game of Thrones" moment where just average comic readers and not autists like us are going "Wait a minute, this actually sucks,"

But now who is gonna make Batman suicidal and edgy and obsessed with Catwoman?!!!

it'd be great if GoT is finally making people look at the media they consume slightly more critically

This is what I'm hoping.

I figured King himself was gonna back track since he back tracked on Catwoman being a serial murderer. Poor Holly, she was a pretty cool character under Brubaker.

>Ellis would just be King 2.0, his contempt of capeshit would insure it'd be more "Fight crime & help people? How STOOOPID lol!"

You've never read an Ellis comic.

Attached: Animated GIF-downsized.gif (200x113, 112K)

No duh. He had a huge filler dream arc just to stretch out his run (including a dream bachelorette party that didn’t actually happen for a character that wasn’t real!). King cared about nothing except getting to a hundred issues.

I'm just pissed we're never gonna know WTF Tom King planned in the last 15 issues of his run-- the part he teased would change Batman for a generation and required sign-off from AT&T and Warner.

I hate King but the Rebirth suit is pure shit compared to the normal Batman suit.

Ok but then literally no comic being printed right now would be worth reading.

probably something incredibly stupid that would be reverted in less than a year

Wouldn’t surprise me. AT&T have been tough on DC’s decisions.

Martha is Joker and Batman kills himself.

Do tell.

Attached: 254.png (500x278, 122K)

I mean...

Granted, but my curiosity demands to know WTF was intended.

Unlikely given issue #33 revealed Martha Wayne became the Batman's Mom Who Laughs.

You joke, but with Thomas surviving the Flashpoint Universe getting scrubbed by Barry somehow, Martha coming in as Joker could very well happen.

>>Batman finally gets the perfect modern suit
Bullshit. New 52 and Batman Inc costumes were better than that one.

>Alfred is his father.
>Bruce actually kills himself
>Bruce retires, the most obvious imo

..the fuck? Jesus christ DC is an absolute shit show. Just let him finish the fucking run, it's already been going on for like 2-3 years and he's given countless interviews about his plans to issue 100 or whatever.

Why would anyone want to work for DC if this is how they treat their writers?

Hmmm, fair enough, now if only they got rid of Bendis too. It'd be perfect.

Assuming King is gone by December then there's a chance of Priest taking over as his Deathstroke is ending that month.

Ellis and Hitch are also rumored to be working on a Batman project that I'm guessing would have been announced for late this year or early next year. Perfect opportunity for that team to come on board.

I'm also pleased that atleast Bane's story will be completed and likely Thomas Wayne's too. Its the Bat/Cat shippers and Duke & Gotham Girl fans that got whipped across the face hahahaha.

Go get some help, King

Probably Duke becomes Batman

> Bruce steps down as Batman, relinquishing the title to Thomas.
> Thomas becomes Gotham's Batman.
> Bruce takes up the mantle of Robin and fights crime with Daddy.
> Alfred cries over the cucumber sandwiches he makes, knowing Bruce no longer needs him as a father figure.
> Gotham girl becomes the new maid.

RELEASE THE KING CUT

Because getting to 100 would take another YEAR, and King's Batman has been getting exponentially worse with each issue. #100 may be genuinely unreadable, as in a human cannot comprehend the scribbles, if it continues to deteriorate at it's current pace.

Ok if THAT was what was planned, good riddance King. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

fair enough

Comics beat is also confirming this.

That not only wouldn't be historic, it would be a downright rip-off of like forty Marvel legacy characters at this point.

And Tim becomes Duke's joker.

His sales are going down and now Batman sells less than the bloody Hulk.

King has had YEARS to improve and do something great with Batman and instead he chose shitty wedding clickbait and pointless dream filler. King has no one but himself to blame for this.

>WTF Tom King planned in the last 15 issues of his run
his suicide notes

>bAt
>CAt
>BaT
>cuT
>but
>CUt
>BUTt
>NaNANAnaNAnANA BAtmuN!!!

Because he shows no respect towards the property he is privileged to write.
He is therapy-writing for himself, and giving fans of the character nothing.
Pathetic simpletons think this handling of Batman is acceptable.

I imagine if the wedding actually went down he could have further milked it with a honey moon arc that gets interrupted. Could have made a whole deal about their first adventure as newly weds.

I don't think your characterization is the case.

Remember what happened with Wal-Mart, people are not giving that enough thought.

Yeah I'm very curious to know just what he was going to pull out of his ass.
I checked out of this run a while ago, how likely was it looking that he was going to go back on the wedding thing and have BATCAT wed anyways towards the end?

I wonder if retailers staRTED PRESSING dc COMICS, SOMEHOW LIKE THEY DID WITH aUSTEN?
Because DC let him hype the hell up his run and now he is out?

Yeah, I think King would be better suited for the Black label where he can explore those darker mental health themes.

Mainline Batman should be reserved for readers who prefer a simpler, beat-em-up/pow-pow approach. It should singularly focus on stories that feel like someone is reading the equivalent of a child playing with their action figures.

>He is therapy-writing for himself, and giving fans of the character nothing.
This

>Remember what happened with Wal-Mart, people are not giving that enough thought.

why he was taken out? I know there was some torture porn on it...

I was thinking it was very likely given Annual #2 was flash-forward story in which the Bat and Cat were an old married couple.

That Bruce's parents abused him, physically and mentally, and that he doesn't fight crime to avenge them but to prove them wrong.

Probably something really dumb since he got the boot.

He's supposed to be vengeance not a whiny child

Kinda wish that happened with Avengers: Endgame as well.

I bet they're gonna let him finish his run under another title. Snyder dipped below 100k at least once I think, but now he's pulling numbers well above it comfortably doing related Batbooks. Dipping below 90k probably has DC in a panic, so they're gonna hand the book over to someone new to try and boost sales again. Who's enough of a super star to replace him though?

No they haven't, thry're just reporting on the rumor.

There's the issue that Bendis plays well with corporative, so nah, he's here to stay until he dies.

Agreed. King is good at doing series where he can explore themes like that at his own pace but putting him on a mainline book like Batman or giving him a big crossover was unbelievably fucking retarded.

That's only because Snyder pulled the Batman who laughs outta his ass (FWIW, I actually enjoy all his edgy shit... so).

By your logic, all King needs to do is create his own new edgy batman (I'm thinking the Batman Who Cries???) and he's back > 100k.

>Who's enough of a super star to replace him though?
Dunno, but they're gonna give Bendis Batman. I can feel it. And then I'll stop pulling Batman.

But OP's trip 7's beat your dubs, so it's TRUTH now

Snyder's Batman run:

09/2011: Batman #1 -- 188,420 (+264.0%) [211,520]
10/2011: Batman #2 -- 172,428 (- 8.5%) [177,721]
11/2011: Batman #3 -- 150,984 (- 12.4%)
12/2011: Batman #4 -- 133,781 (- 11.4%) [144,777]
01/2012: Batman #5 -- 135,145 (+ 1.0%) [142,499]
02/2012: Batman #6 -- 128,459 (- 5.0%) [135,435]
03/2012: Batman #7 -- 131,091 (+ 2.1%)
04/2012: Batman #8 -- 130,602 (- 0.4%) [136,218]
05/2012: Batman #9 -- 134,605 (+ 3.1%)
06/2012: Batman #10 -- 130,265 (- 3.2%)
07/2012: Batman #11 -- 127,210 (- 2.4%)
08/2012: Batman #12 -- 125,249 (- 1.5%)
09/2012: Batman #0 -- 156,561 (+ 25.0%)
10/2012: Batman #13 -- 148,305 (- 5.3%) [174,642]
11/2012: Batman #14 -- 159,729 (+ 7.7%)
12/2012: Batman #15 -- 151,568 (- 5.1%)
01/2013: Batman #16 -- 145,923 (- 3.7%)
02/2013: Batman #17 -- 150,684 (+ 3.3%)
03/2013: Batman #18 -- 137,893 (- 8.5%)
04/2013: Batman #19 -- 132,147 (- 4.2%)
05/2013: Batman #20 -- 129,039 (- 2.4%)
06/2013: Batman #21 -- 142,088 (+ 10.1%) [156,845]
07/2013: Batman #22 -- 132,047 (- 7.1%)
08/2013: Batman #23 -- 128,230 (- 2.9%)
09/2013: #23.1: Jkr -- 151,351 (+ 18.0%)
09/2013: #23.2: Rdlr -- 140,065 (- 7.5%)
09/2013: #23.3: Pngn -- 120,026 (- 14.3%)
09/2013: #23.4: Bane -- 124,382 (+ 3.6%)
10/2013: Batman #24 -- 124,652 (+ 0.2%)
11/2013: Batman #25 -- 125,602 (+ 0.8%)
12/2013: Batman #26 — 119,443 (- 4.9%)
01/2014: Batman #27 — 115,492 (- 1.7%) [117,395]
02/2014: Batman #28 — 114,089 (- 1.3%) [115,891]
03/2014: Batman #29 — 116,926 (+ 0.9%)
04/2014: Batman #30 — 108,998 (- 6.8%)

05/2014: Batman #31 — 107,499 (+ 0.2%) [109,170]
06/2014: Batman #32 — 130,077 (+ 19.2%)
07/2014: Batman #33 — 117,996 (- 9.3%)
08/2014: Batman #34 — 112,186 (- 4.9%)
09/2014: Futures End #1 — 142,980 (+ 27.4%)
10/2014: Batman #35 — 118,860 (- 16.9%)
11/2014: Batman #36 — 115,183 (- 3.1%)
12/2014: Batman #37 -- 113,255 (- 1.7%)
01/2015: Batman #38 -- 110,232 (- 2.7%)
02/2015: Batman #39 -- 118,106 (+ 7.1%)
04/2015: Batman #40 -- 131,128 (+ 39.3%) [164,574]
06/2015: Batman #41 -- 142,155 (- 13.6%)
07/2015: Batman #42 -- 117,441 (- 17.4%)
08/2015: Batman #43 -- 124,697 (+ 6.2%)
09/2015: Batman #44 -- 114,409 (- 8.3%)
10/2015: Batman #45 -- 109,367 (- 4.4%)
11/2015: Batman #46 -- 106,989 (- 2.2%)
12/2015: Batman #47 -- 127,201 (+ 18.9%)
01/2016: Batman #48 -- 100,962 (- 20.6%)
02/2016: Batman #49 -- 102,689 (+ 1.7%)
03/2016: Batman #50 -- 163,406 (+ 67.7%) [172,256]
04/2016: Batman #51 -- 101,922 (- 40.8%)
05/2016: Batman #52 -- 102,197 (+ 0.3%)

>why he was taken out? I know there was some torture porn on it.
Exactly for that reason, the DC anthologies sold at Wal-Mart are intended for the general public and King goes and writes that in a comic that kids may read.
>Superman fantasizes about Lois Lane getting killed

20 issues

sales aren't th eonly problem. Lack of hype probably has more to do with it.

Damn, looking it up, it seems like Snyder really ended the New 52 run with 52 issues. I can't deny I love cheeky shit like that.

Wish I could feel bad for Tom King but he did fucked over many comic book stores with the #50 wedding issue, the reaction I saw from owners online about being fucked over was rather surprising to see in public

IIRC all the still running titles ended with 52 issues, but I'm not sure on that.

Is there a collection of reactions anywhere? When I heard the news the wedding was off, I never bothered to follow up. I see the Wedding Album hardcover collecting dust on shelves though. Why would you release a special edition hardcover for a wedding that didn't happen?

mmmm the holiest of trips

the one's that ended before DCYOU ended at 40, and the rest that kept going ended at 52 (plus the 0 issues).
Snyder didn't do issue #52. Tynion did

Does sound like a perfect storm against him. Manic depressive pisses of media with torture comic, fans with everything mentioned above, and bosses with declining sales. He might have even asked to go himself.

>Wally is going to pull a Flashpoint and reset the Batfamily to back before King took over.

If he also gets rid of heroes in Crisis and the idiotic robot therapy facility that would be amazing.

Tom King was a fucking mistake, the comics media psyoped so many suckers in to thinking he's a good writer.

>Manic depressive pisses of media with torture comic
>the media
>giving a shit about comic book writers
Pfft

Tom King is a CIA psy op designed to destroy the American comic industry by demoralizing comics readers and destroying all beloved heroic characters. The comics media was sucking his dick so hard and convincing suckers he was good for so long because they were part of the psy op. In reality, Tom King was always trash and even his run on vision wasn't great. His Mister Miracle stopped being good around issue 5.

Attached: you-merely-adopted-4chani-was-born-in-itmolded-by-it-i-didnt-leave-b-untl-i-was-already-a-man.jpg (400x400, 125K)

I seem to remember a few articles about Walmart selling a torture comic. But whatever he got bad press for DC put it that way.

>Manic depressive
Is this confirmed? Like has he admitted to being diagnosed? Or is that just the usual Yea Forums BS?

>It should singularly focus on stories that feel like someone is reading the equivalent of a child playing with their action figures
That's fucking dumb and with that mentality we wouldn't have the majority of the best DC stories ever

cringe

Batman is gay and commits suicide, Catwoman takes over the mantle of Batman.

All of the Batfamily kill themselves after it is revealed that Batman spent decades grooming and molesting them. Alfred becomes depressed and also kills himself. Rich Johnston hails King as a visionary genius and all who criticize these decisions are branded misogynist incel islamophobes.

Post more stupid moments from King's run.

Attached: bm12dylux-13jpg.jpg (1987x3033, 1.39M)

Beat has its own sources that confirmed it.

Attached: Batman 012 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 012-011.jpg (3975x3056, 1.67M)

The Black Label is a complete failure just like Nu-Vertigo is. DC Comics is going down the toilet and sinking faster than Marvel.

This actually makes me happy.

>Who's enough of a super star to replace him though?

Frank Miller or John Byrne

Attached: Batman 015 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 015-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

>so deep
>so profound
>Tom King is a visionary

Attached: Batcat.jpg (700x1109, 1.17M)

Underrated post.

Attached: 1546295340064.png (317x263, 194K)

Seriously, when did Holly became this master assassin capable of easily killing 200+ highly trained terrorists?

Attached: Batman 015 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 015-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Thats not as impossible as it seems.

I also think that somebody high up at Time-Warner may have actually caught wind of this "Hulk is outselling Batman" meme and made inquiries causing a knee-jerk reaction to cut him off.

I don't oppose removing King but editorial LET him do all this absurdity when its their job to keep it on track.

Remember several years ago when an high end WB exec asked "Why are the top ten comics all Marvel except Batman?" and started the chain reaction that led to NU52?

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-04-12-02h45m03s160.png (640x480, 264K)

Why does Bruce look like he's desperately holding his shit in?

Attached: BM-15-2.jpg (780x1200, 260K)

Congratulations on your introduction to sarcasm user!

The same time that Harley became quirky and unpredictable enough to get a jump on the Trinity and defeat them all at once.

>Why does anyone think Tom King is a good writer?

Attached: harley-quinn-escapes-from-the-trinity-4.jpg (1041x1600, 391K)

>You've never read an Ellis comic.

And you've never understood one.

Attached: 1446881372_18d10ddccd9adc9e01c8381301b19c8a.jpg (976x1517, 281K)

Remember when deluded folks tried to say this was part of hypercrisis or something just because King had Batman remember the golden age first meeting between the two, while Catwoman remember the post-crisis one?

>The same time that Harley became quirky and unpredictable enough to get a jump on the Trinity and defeat them all at once.

why DC let him do this? pure shit. Tom King is a hack

Be patient...somebody will leak it if he doesn't say himself.

>Mitch Gerads is a visionary genius whose work in the 6 panel and 9 panel grid format is innovative and unprecedented.

Attached: pUUIdYL.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Can someone post the page when Batman tells Gotham Girl that he doesn't get any satisfaction from saving people as a hero, that in fact he's miserable, and he only does it because of compulsion? It was right before he proposed Catwoman.

That issue alone drove me off the book.

remember, King got a editor removed from Batman because said editor didn't wanna call David Finch for the proposal issue, Tom was throwing lots of weight around so now karma has come to bite him in the ass

>I don't oppose removing King but editorial LET him do all this absurdity when its their job to keep it on track.

I heard King put the editor he wants to work on Batman, HiC and choose his own artists.
If true, the blame is on his arrogance

That editor as well was the one that managed to make the Bat book good during the whole DCYou period, to the point that even Greg Rucka demanded for his Wonder Woman book to be edited by the Bat editorial.

So King pretty much drove away a good editor.

Tom King is the best writer working in comics and the next Alan Moore. His run on Batman will be remembered for years to come and have you not heard the memo, his Vision miniseries is the greatest comic of the past decade.
>This is great writing you pleb tier incel pleb

Attached: Heroez.jpg (666x1024, 133K)

What was the editor name?

Yeah, but I'd rather be disappointed sooner rather than later.

Mark Doyle.
He got exiled to NuVertigo

oof, a fate worse than death

yes

What a terrible fate. He was responsible for books like Gotham by Midnight, which was fucking cool.

Why did DC allow this hack to throw so much weight around? How was he given such a place of prominence? Who let Tom king in in the first place? Where is that editor now?

Attached: harley-quinn-and-poison-ivy-heroes-in-crisis-e1549157471239.jpg (960x1536, 420K)

>Tom King is the best writer working in comics and the next Alan Moore. His run on Batman will be remembered for years to come and have you not heard the memo, his Vision miniseries is the greatest comic of the past decade.
LOL nobody cares about his batman right now, much less remember it.
Snyder did a much bigger impact than this hack

This is genius-level writing you pleb-tier incel islamophobe pleb. I bet u r a gator who hates women too. Tom King is a legend and the greatest writer working in comics today. Reading a tom king comic is like looking at a picasso of van gogh painting in a museum. He is an ARTIST who makes ART.

Attached: 6221406-3171981642-b8-2-.jpg (600x503, 74K)

He is on Vertigo.

People just bought his hype from Vision too much. But even with that he shouldn't be having this much power. he started writing books for DC some years ago.

Snyder bought Doyle to Batman books, and it was pretty good until King arrived. fucking hack

I'm a woman. So just shut up

yeah, i think you've just been trolled tho

>He is a HACK who shits TRASH
ffy

Your posts make sense now.

UUUU

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

What are you talking about user? This dialogue is TRUE ART akin to something you would here in a Fellini or Woody Allen film. People who say Tom King is a bad writer are incels who never went to college and don't understand genius dialogue when they read it.

Attached: 74f04bfe06247344fba1f7f25b2e4961.jpg (474x728, 72K)

>everyone
I literally never said this.

You thinking that a book losing a quarter of its sales isn't indicative of resentment is what's removed from reality.

Wait a fucking minute...Is King's Batman Earth 31 Batman but in the Prime UNIVERSE?

The leak the other day seems to be getting confirmed with the news of Wally getting his own book and King getting bumped off books. Leak said the Wally in HiC is not the real Wally and it reeks of desperation to try and fix the mess King has made.

He claims he has PTSD from being in the CIA but he was literally just a glorified secretary so he's just a pansy.

the implication there would also make selina the earth 2 golden age catwoman

You are thinking too hard about this. King's batman is just a projection of King's own manic depression dressed up in a bat suit.

Doesn't King realize that when you write a couple not even agreeing on the first time they met, you're pretty much influencing the readers that the relationship is shit?

I mean, usually couples not agreeing on things like that spell trouble. It means they're out of sync.

to be fair, Jack Ryan was also just a glorified secretary, user

Losers like you are the only ones defending this garbage because you're afraid to admit to have wasted your time with it.

You're thinking too hard about this. Tom King just tried to use past canon so he wouldn't have to build the Batcat relationship from scratch. He could just use the excuse of "historicity", that this couple has been in the making for decades, so that he could straight to the fake wedding. That's it.

>Doesn't King realize that when you write a couple not even agreeing on the first time they met, you're pretty much influencing the readers that the relationship is shit?

That was dramatic foreshadowing and a sign of Tom King's visionary genius. Tom King's ultimate plan for issue #100 was to have Selena cuck Batman and marry Joker, and for Bats to commit suicide. It would have subverted expectations and cemented Tom King's status as the greatest writer working in comics EVER. This is what true art looks like, user.

Attached: GR8 ART.jpg (1300x1999, 1.93M)

I'm trolling user. Tom King is shit tier and single handedly destroyed the greatest character in DC comics in only a few years. He is tanking the company and DC needs to stop putting him on high profile books if they want to have a future.

It is from this issue. What is this issue?

holy shit i can't stand harley quinn at all these days

oh yeah i know, i was just trying to make it as absurd of an explanation as it could be

Someone post the page where Catwoman kills a horse and Batman cries about how much he loves Catwoman for blasting a horse's face with a shotgun.

Attached: Catforce 02.jpg (1988x3056, 813K)

>the greatest character in DC comics
but King never wrote the Question

Oh, you don't know. I'm so, so sorry.

Holy fuck, from the textless previews I thought the dialogue was actually good. How can you get a good artist and waste him this badly?

the flow of that page is really weird artistically. Like the sword comes out of nowhere and then swap hands. nothing that destroys the page, just feels off

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 003-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

>user doesn't know
user...

this guy gets it

thats some nice agency from booster and harley, really raising the emotional stakes of this situation

Why doesn't Batman just call CAT to defend him from Bane?

Attached: Catforce 03.jpg (1988x3056, 2.83M)

what's happening now

Attached: let's face it, everything below the waist is kaput.jpg (487x750, 131K)

It almost feels like old Marvel method gone wrong, like tom king was given the art and told to fill it in with dialogue

What annoys me in King's run is that he's constantly pointing fingers to call Batman ridiculous. Batman says it, Catwoman says it, Wonder Woman says it, everyone says it.

Attached: Batman 012 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 012-006.jpg (3975x3056, 3.93M)

Oh, and Batman being literally about suicide? Goddamn. He took the character IMPLIED death-wish and made a mockery of it.

Attached: Batman 012 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 012-010.jpg (3975x3056, 2.56M)

I still wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Prime Bats is Earth 31 Bats due to this whole BS with Dr. M.

The rise of Holly is one of the most idiotic things Tom King did.

Attached: Superman makes Batman insecure about himself 1.jpg (1600x2460, 815K)

>
It feels exactly like that, my God.

Greg Rucka and Bendis do this all the time. Most capeshit comics these days are great artists forced to work with shit-tier writers who have nothing to say.

Attached: Superman makes Batman insecure about himself 2.jpg (1600x2460, 698K)

CBR just confirmed it from DC oficial pR

it says King will write more comics next year. that is th ebad news

Everybody is suicidal in King's run. Batman's suicidal, Catwoman's suicidal, Bane's suicidal, Gotham and Gotham Girl literally kill themselves every time they use their powers, and so on.

When is the last time question sold comics or moved merchandise? DC “best” characters are Batman and Harley Quinn

>bat cat bat cat bat cat bat cat bat cat
>the war of jokes and riddles where Bruce does some retarded keikaku involving dinner with Riddler and Joker and stabbing Joker through the hand
>Batman cutting himself as a child
>Wally West killing 15+ people and tampering with the crime scene

those are the things that stand out the most, for me at least. I don't even care about the wedding or Mister Miracle

the adjective was best, not best-selling

Metatextual commentary is deep, innovative and highly relevant to today's millenial readership in a post-trump post-irony society user. Do you not understand GREAT ART when you see it?

Attached: 1f3V1su.jpg (1249x1920, 854K)

And now you know why a certain subset of people love kings "revolutionary" and "truly original" take on Batman. Kingfags are always people who "never really liked Batman" or just flat out hated the character. People who think characterfags and batfags need to fuck off so their casual asses can stop hearing or seeing complaints about that which they find fantastic and who will fuck off the second kings gone rather than continue reading Batman. They're entitled casuals who want to read the "real thing" not out of continuity books cause "they don't matter" despite the fact that they could find much more "revolutionary" takes and far better written stories if they just read out of continuity back issues like elseworlds or annuals or crossovers and shit.

>Everybody is suicidal in King's run. Batman's suicidal, Catwoman's suicidal, Bane's suicidal, Gotham and Gotham Girl literally kill themselves every time they use their powers, and so on.
Even Scott Free was like this. He is a one note writer

holy shit Tom King never moved past his hot topic emo phase. So glad I never spent a dime on this trash. How did he fool DC editorial for so long. Comics journalism gaslit everyone in to thinking King was a good writer for years.

I do think it's like the mixtape rap boom of the early 2000s and that many will look back with disgust or just not want to look back at all out of embarrassment. At least I hope they do because this postmodern irony shit is tiring and I'd hate to think we don't even learn from this in the future.

>holy shit Tom King never moved past his hot topic emo phase. So glad I never spent a dime on this trash. How did he fool DC editorial for so long. Comics journalism gaslit everyone in to thinking King was a good writer for years
Tom King is a Austen 2.0

more pseudo intelectualism and lots of depression issues instead of weird sexual issues.

>A DC source tells CBR that King is leaving the series by the end of 2019, and is currently working to ensure "City of Bane" is "his biggest Batman story, ever."

""""leaving""""", riiiight

Oh, my sweet little nigga. It's WORSER than you might believe.
You see, Catwoman was on the death-roll because she was being accused of killing 200 terrorists single-handily, but Batman, though, couldn't believe that she'd done it. Not because he had any proof, no, but simple because he believed that Catwoman, like himself, ascribe to the idea that DEATH is not something you impose on another, but a CHOICE you make. Where is Batman going with this? Oh, well. Here's the funny thing about Batman, according to Tom King.
When he was young he was a cutter, for not fitting in (and not because his parents were brutally murdered in front of his very eyes), and so one day little young Bruce was thinking that, hey, maybe i should kill myself, but before that let me ask God to make me popular. Because God never answered back, though, he had an epiphany. You see, God doesn't exist and we're all alone. So Bruce, instead of killing himself, like he originally would, decided to metaphorically kill himself and become a specter of sorts. A specter who could be there for others in their moment of need. So that's why BATMAN IS SUICIDE.

And the only reason Batman's in love with Catwoman is because he thinks that Catwoman also metaphorically killed herself to become a CAT. So she's the only one capable of truly getting him and loving him despite him being a suicidal fucker. So that's why Catwoman could have never killed all those mean terrorists. Catwoman's all about suicide. Death is a choice, you hear.

This is the basis on King's Batcat relationship. I'm a Batcat fan, but this? THIS? Miss me with that shit.

Attached: Batman 012 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 012-007.jpg (3975x3056, 3.63M)

Tom King sounds like he's projecting his mental illness and desire to kill himself on to Batman, bro.

See . Literally Hotpic emo shit about two suicidal fuckers doing on a grave or something. This is more gothic emo crap than the Crow could ever be.

That's exactly what he does with all of his writing because he refuses to seek any sort of help. Dude needs some serious therapy but instead they let him just do whatever and project his own mental illness into popular entertainment.

The funny thing is that after King ha Catwoman literally mocking Bruce for all the Bat and suicide shit. So Batman is the only one that believes that shit.

Almost every classic run that you like was a top seller. Virtually none of the comics considered all-time greats flopped.

“Best” is very subjective and changes depending on whom you ask, at least when I say Batman and Harley are their “best” characters there is a reason for it other than “I like this character the best”.

FHIZ saying bendis is coming..again!!

seems like bendis will be on Batman comics.

except Question has a much better reason than Batman and Harley: an exceedingly high quality comic.