Ending could have been saved if it showed this

Ending could have been saved if it showed this

Attached: 11c.png (505x1411, 979K)

lol no. The whole "hype" for that garbage couple is just stockholmes syndrome and the writers trying to viral their self insert shit.

Star and Marco aren't even a good couple to begin with

Why were people mad at the ending seemed in line with how the show plays out.

Because it was a step beyond, and people who didn't watch the show were being exposed to how fucked up and terribly written it was once they heard the details.

Because they take cartoons too seriously

Because the ending kinda murders the premise and delivers more problems than solutions.
The rift between Mewmans and Monsters is not actually mended.
The destruction of magic killed several important characters off-screen.
Plopping the real world into the mix must make everything more difficult for everyone not Star and Marco.
There is not even a kiss, or a "things worked out" to end on like OP posted.
It's just this complete and utter mayhem all around these two teenagers while the writers stand around congratulating themselves on their good work.
Do Mewmans and Monsters become US citizens now? Is this a global phenomenon? What about all the space where there used to be people that just kinda disappeared in the reshuffle?
Nah, this is fine. Everything is fine. For the five seconds these two teens look at each other before the curtain falls.

You are a fucking dumbass lmao

my dude, the premise of the show was "girl is partially exiled to the human world for fucking up with magic, finds friend and has wacky adventures", any incomplete as the ending felt none of your question matter, before now or ever, because the premise of the show was always only centered around Marco and Star and every bit of world-building was done in supplementary material, so expecting the show to answer any of those questions was fucking moronic from the get go.

it just kind of killed everything that made the show interesting in the first place

No.

No magic = No magic dragon bike

I just assumed it was a monster

they were the very first thing Marco saw when their dimensions merged

That's ignoring several seasons in which much larger conflicts around the future and past of Mewni were introduced.
Had the show remained Star and Marco having cute teenage adventures together, the ending would have been fine. Well, the parts of it that did not come out of all the chaotic world building.
Had the end been metaphorically worlds colliding as Marco's mundane perspective and Star's loopy magic blend into each other just showing how they now have a shared perspective, cool.
A really cute romantic comedy thing. Had she just had a weird family and had magic always been dubiously real to begin with.
But it is not metaphor, it's actual people (yes, within the narrative only) whose existence depends on magic.
The show actually shows us that the High Commission just died. And Star's spells are directly shown to have a life of their own, too. They have two whole episodes to themselves. They also vanished.
Marco actually hung out with Hekapoo. She's gone now. Star killed her.
There had been things before that were questionable morally and logically. But the destruction of magic as an end point really makes no sense for Star's growth as a character, nor was it by any means necessary. She tried to reform and change throughout the whole show. She always sought to find a better way. This cut is completely out of left field. They had magic shown to be tainted with this black goop. So why not change magic like she tried to change Mewni? Purify it and clear out the darkness from within that dimension to get rid of harmful magic like that Solarian Warriors enchantment that obviously made the warriors evil.
The show has just invested too much time and buildup into the world to pull what they did without at least giving us something that shows the impact. It's not like there weren't episodes you could have cut. They had the Meteora/Mariposa thing ready and set up, even. Cut the episode with the spells hunting Eclipsa's dark butterfly and you can show the end.

>Marco actually hung out with Hekapoo. She's gone now. Star killed her.
Hekapoo straight up said she didn't give a fuck, also what you're talking is an ongoing "theme", a premise and a themes are not the same thing. Was it a perfect ending? fuck no, but you all really need to learn to take what you where given and move on, no amount of bitching is gonna fix what's been done and all you can do is hope that the next thing you hyperfixate to has better writing and you need to face the fact that children's TV shows are always gonna have subpar TV writing, holding onto the hope that they'll deliver a masterpiece is so fucking naive

>you all really need to learn to take what you where given and move on
>please sir can I have some more sloppy writing sir thank you sir
Go back to bed, Cotugno.

Attached: a pig eating slop sm web DSCN5036.jpg (448x336, 60K)

Firstly, I did by no means hyperfixate on the show.
Barely could be arsed to watch it by the end of this season.
I am not obsessing here. I am just wrapping my mind around how incredibly shite that ending was.
Verbosely, I will admit.
And what are you doing, yelling at people to be content when handed shit on a platter?
No amount of bitching will fix that ending being bad. Damn straight.
So why do you add to the pile?

Attached: 1555225523285.png (540x658, 111K)

Reminder
D E A D

Attached: 1558152825676.png (1000x1300, 925K)

She's not dead because she's not magic you idiot.

She's not a spell.