I really hate and find these Child’s Play posters very problematic. These are cruel and how are they allowed to do them

I really hate and find these Child’s Play posters very problematic. These are cruel and how are they allowed to do them.

Attached: B0B80C32-225F-44DC-AA0C-C8BC5ECEC6E0.jpg (648x960, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ydKlA11kLB8
youtube.com/watch?v=PeHNLikDiVw
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Trick-r-Treat-Days-of-the-Dead/TPB?id=153240
atmosfx.com/products/trick-r-treat
youtu.be/xBZ4IYh6AMs
grudge-match.com/History/xmas_toys.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Children are cunts.

>"There's nothing as pure or cruel as a child"

I love em. They cute

>These are cruel
You mean based

It’s a horror movie, it’s supposed to be edgey, are you really that sensitive?

Post more of them.

Honestly less cruel then what Pixar is doing with the Toy Story franchise ruining it for Iger merch bucks

Attached: Movie-Posters.jpg (931x524, 36K)

This is the only other one

Attached: 14B72DF7-AC80-480C-862E-788A3155F9DE.jpg (600x889, 67K)

Isn’t Chucky the ghost of a grown man?

Yes

Not in this. Here, he’s an AI of a toy gone crazy

Wait... Are those directly based on Toy Story?

As directly as you can get without a lawsuit.

So what you're saying is that this is actually a sequel to the greatest movie of all time, Small Soldiers?

Toy Story and Child Play are both coming out on the 21. OH BOY.

Reminds me of 2nd poster.

As a kid I had legit trauma of this character. I think it was the fact he got uglier as the movie went on, and that they completely tore him to shit at the end of each one. If I saw anything of Chucky as I kid I took off running.

In college, I knew the phobia was too much. When I saw sci-fi doing a marathon I force myself to watch it. I now appreciate it as a horror franchise that stuck to practical effects at least until the reboot. Kept the same voice actor and writer.

Attached: 81jpEyUW22L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1125, 221K)

More like an updated small soldiers. Like what if they could hook up to Wi-Fi or sync devices.

Except for that last paragraph that's me to a t. I still can't look at the ugly fucker's stitched together mug.

its for a horror movie

and if you don't like it just look away

Will the new one have practical effects for the toy or cg? Do we even have a picture of the new chucky?

There's a behind the scene video

youtu.be/ydKlA11kLB8

Great now I really want to watch child's play 2

Mix of CGI and practical. Voiced by Mark Hamill.

youtube.com/watch?v=PeHNLikDiVw

Attached: Chucky.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Wow, he's even named Andy, huh.

I get it!
hot dog

You could always just remind yourself that these are the pathetic gasps of a cringey horror franchise that spiraled downward beneath farce and is now desperate for some kind of rebirth. Which will most likely fail. So don't get triggered by the sweaty desperation of a horror movie serial killer doll that stopped being scary and became downright embarrassing a looooong time ago.

Would you guys consider the leprachaun movies to be in the same vien as chucky movies? Speaking of which, would there even be another leprachaun movie ever?

Why are they remaking it? The recent sequels were fucking great.

Cringe

These posters are pretty neat, but I’m pretty sure the toy story gang would fuck chucky up

>leprachaun movies to be in the same vien as chucky movies?
No the franchise has almost no continuity. Each sequel can be considered it's own standalone. And honestly I thought the "Hood" movies we're the better ones.
"A friend with weed, is a friend indeed."

Attached: doug-benson-master-pancake-leprechaun-5-in-the-hood-F72062.jpg (950x679, 55K)

You know it seems like every other post of mine just triggers the shit out of someone on Yea Forums lately and they feel the need to let me know. I must really be onto something.

Fuck you, Lucky Charms.

Yeah it's because you try too hard and it's obvious you're LARPing as some ""angry"" """""intellectual""""".

It's a remake.

There was a Leprechaun TV movie last year.

Nu-Chucky has wireless hax. He would stomp.

So are they just gonna leave the original storyline on a cliffhanger?

You know the worst part about the New Toy Story, I heard waaay long time ago that they'll go into WHY the toys are sentient and some aren't. I hate when movies need to explain "magic"

Attached: Midi_Chlorians_by_A_Heart_of_Blades.jpg (1016x787, 91K)

Original is going to do a tv show on Syfy channel. Everybody will be coming back.

Attached: 22137233_1518652614885370_649082003189416006_o.jpg (800x1200, 164K)

This face looks awful, and not in a good horror movie kinda way. It’s the main thing discouraging me from wanting to see the film and i hope it turns out not as bad as it looks.

>problematic

Attached: DM4UD0bVwAAmBA4.jpg (800x447, 45K)

The first Child’s Play antagonist was always named Andy.

Wait. Did Child’s Play inspire Toy Story?

Pixar kinda deserves it.

Avengers Age of Ultron

When it was first announced that the movie would feature a character that was just a spork with googly eyes glued on and that he’d have an “existential crises” over being a toy, that did seem to be the case and became the main speculation for the plot. But more recent trailers seem to imply that the movie is moreso going to be about Bo Peep living as a lost toy and whether or not Woody should decide to permanently leave his kid (like he was already tempted to do in the second movie).

The spork instead is just kinda tacked on to get the plot moving and there’s probably going to be a minimal amount of musing about the mechanics of him gaining sentience. It’s likely gonna get recognized that he was at first a lifeless spork, that he got the googly eyes and gained sentience- and then it’s gonna get handwaved with a passing mention of “the rules.” Just like how there was next to no explanation of why the toys can’t reveal they’re alive to kids, but they mentioned it’s a thing when they attacked Sid.

Is Brad Douriff in this movie at all? Kinda dick-ish to just dump the guy like that after 30 years voicing Chucky.

How is this Yea Forums in any way, shape or form?

I haven't seen an image macro formatted as a motivational poster in close to a decade, Jesus.

He even asks "why i am alive?" and then they turned it into a joke.

that's the joke.png

Are you aware that the Toy Story movies are animations? If Brightburn or whatever released a poster of the kid peeing in Superman's mouth like that Calvin bumper sticker, it'd probably be discussed here too.

Holy shit, is this even allowed?

This is a chucky film is it not?

It’s legal enough

They're doing a TV show of Chucky that Douriff is doing the voice for, so he wasn't available to do the movie.

Is there really that much demand for Chucky content?

>shill is angry because he was told the demographics crossed over
Kill yourself and fuck off back to Yea Forums

The last movie came out in 2017 and we're getting a reboot and a TV show, so apparently there is?

Chucky use to be my favorite pint sized murderer but he was replaced long ago with someone much superior.

Attached: Sam.jpg (1800x1200, 603K)

No! Quick call Bill Disney and tell him someone's making fun of his woody and slinky dog.

The movies got weird since it turns out Chucky could split himself into multiple dolls

What's that?

Sam, the spirit of Halloween from Trick R Treat.

“Kids are cruel, Jack. And I’m very in touch with my inner child.”
—Sundowner

That's Sam.
An unofficial attempt at creating a Halloween mascot.

Really he's a placemarker for a movies Trick 'R' Treat. I watch religiously every year for Halloween.

Attached: RCO001_1473839698.jpg (1042x1600, 314K)

Still waiting on that damn sequel

Not looking too good. But there's this book

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Trick-r-Treat-Days-of-the-Dead/TPB?id=153240

Attached: RCO001_w_1554772573.jpg (974x1600, 314K)

Didn't they do a shitty reboot with a WWE wrestler not that long ago?

Also projection company was able to use Sam to there some fun stuff with Sam
atmosfx.com/products/trick-r-treat

Attached: TrT_SamSymphony_Hollusion_1024x1024.jpg (1024x576, 31K)

Yeah... and the new one released after that doesn’t even have Warwick Davis, thought it had a Jennifer Aniston impersonator

I remember getting spooked by this guy when I accidentally watched the animated short as a little kid.

youtu.be/xBZ4IYh6AMs

I love Sam, reminds me of a mini Jason

Good god that looks bizarre.

The Leprechaun movies are nice because they’re the only thing keeping Irish mythology from being knocked completely toothless.
The world needs more fucked up fae.

They just made a new one, brought back the retarded guy from the first one and I think the MC was Anniston's daughter or something.

Probably because Sam sticks to his rules
Always hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.
>Always wear a costume.

>NEVER blow out a Jack O'Lantern before midnight.

>Always respect the Dead.

>Always check your candy.

In the original Child's play trilogy Chucky "rules" we're more following the Voodoo rule book on how to get a new body.

Freddy Krueger rules seem to fluctuate each movie, but all seem to be how dream world interact with the real world

Looks interesting.

Woody would kick chuckie's ass. I think he's about the same size as that guy as well.

Chucky is like twice his size, and Cult shows he’s got a ton of new tricks

These guys would probably be funner to watch

Attached: 9147688.jpg (1280x1280, 232K)

is that- did they actually use a child actor?

Puppet Master puppets vs Chucky and his cult. Voodoo vs Egyptian magic. I like it a lot.

what kind of asshole follows a little kid to beat it up? he deserved that

YES!

Attached: A4903E04-FD40-430B-8A33-C12FD5192C75.gif (288x162, 1021K)

And the guys from Toy Story try to protect their kids.

Yes.

Ironically the same actor was in the Masters of Horror episode directed by Tom Holland, who made the original Child's Play.

So this character from identity v was based on that, huh?

Attached: 54247837_531878534005632_8303332471255160907_n.jpg (781x977, 69K)

Pretty funny you can see him earlier in the movie as the peeping Tom kid

Attached: MV5BNjUxYzk2MDItMmViZC00NTlhLTlkZWEtMzU0OGE0YjJiNmUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDAyMTY3Nw@@._V1_.jpg (1280x532, 61K)

Like raping and impregnating jennifer tilly?

Beat up? No, he was going to murder him, and possibly rape him. That’s why there’s a missing child poster at the start, to imply the guy has done this previously.

That was Seed. Cult has Chucky able to possess multiple people by splitting his soul.

Characters are just different enough to be parody.

Look at the woody one, it's cloths are different colors and the hat is a different material.

>No Charles vs the soul of Buddie that loves his Andy

The films are essentially "So bad it's good" incarnate, but the hood films are actually the only decent ones.

yeah i loved the detail of how the dolls flesh became more and more human as the film went on. too bad that cant happen in the new movie since the sueprnatural element is completely gone

>And honestly I thought the "Hood" movies we're the better ones.
Aside from the one guy pulling a small arsenal out of his 'fro to fight the Leprechaun, until eventually the Leprechaun was impressed, nothing about those films was remotely redeemable.

The IN SPACE one was so damned terrible it was funny though.

Attached: Confused Kot.jpg (500x628, 65K)

I liked the rap

grudge-match.com/History/xmas_toys.shtml

pretty sure Grudge-Match predicted both movie's box office receipts years ago

Attached: Untitled.png (320x298, 49K)

Fuck, that takes me back.

They could still make it like Demon Seed.

Disney owns MGM who owns Orion who owns the Child's Play franchise so yeah, it's also why Mark Hamill got the part probably, since DIsney contracts.

I am reasonably certain the IN SPACE one was filmed at a laser tag place.

Reminds me of those edgy old video game ads where it's just "FUCK MARIO AND SONIC, OUR CHARACTER FUCKING KILLS THEM"

Attached: Foul8.jpg (766x978, 159K)

Why did Woody's shirt change color
Who approved this

It's to avoid lawsuits.

What gets me about the new look is that he now looks like he couldn't be anything other than a serial killing doll now.
Before, it was more of a "cute doll that slowly gets disfigured" deal. Now, he's just creepy from the get-go.
Pretty minor.

IDK about everyone, we just know for sure that Brad and Fiona Dourif are back alongside Jennifer Tilly. Alex Vincent is a reasonable assumption, maybe Christine McCarthy. Would be cool to have Catherine Hicks and Chris Sarandon come back, but IDK how likely that is.

From what I gathered they apparently moved along with production assuming Dourif would come back, but he told them to fuck off since they were doing Don Mancini dirty. So there was a last-minute scramble to find a voice for Chucky and they settled on Hammill because of the Robot Chicken sketch.

Literally no one from the original is involved in the reboot and the only reason they aren't very vocal about how MGM being scumbags is because they want to be professional and not kick off a Ghostbusters-style shitstorm that could blow up in the faces of the reboot's cast and crew.

Animatronics have always been considered vaguely Yea Forums IIRC.

I love Child's Play 2 and watch it every fall, and am pretty big on Chucky himself, but I'm not a fan of them giving Andy a ragtag group of "It" friends and of course the lack of the supernatural element Though I am expecting it in a twist ending or something. I'll probably check out reviews to see if I want to check it out, the TS4 novels are more than enough of a reason to keep away from that.

Chucky's a big deal in Mexico/South America and has a cult following in the US. Plus the last movie in 2017 was a critical and commercial success despite being straight-to-DVD.