So we all agree that this looks like hot shit right?

youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY

Attached: ruby_rose_as_batwoman___publicity___embed.0.jpg (1200x800, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BXQ6QNLcJL8
cbr.com/batwoman-trailer-comment-bombing-youtube/
youtu.be/7-TZCEyok_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like Ruby Rose, so I'll probably give it a watch whenever it comes out at least

I think the costume and Rose's design are great, but I don't give a fuck about batshit, so sure.

Uh no, you look like het shit, pissbaby. Sorry if not every superhero show caters to your misogyny, homophobia, heteronormativity, and heterosexism.

Yep.

She's supposed to be Bruce's cousin in this? Hah

what a dyke haircut.

I'm oddly looking forwards to it, SJW shit or not. Something about Ruby Rose just grabs me and having Bruce be out of the picture for the time being stops the feeling of her being redundant that exists in the comics, where Batman exists, has replacements, and there is an entire Batfamily. I don't like that they are having her steal all Bruce's shit to get started.

Also, this is her during her stupid teen years and she joined the military to kick th problem in my headcanon.
>youtu.be/BXQ6QNLcJL8

Attached: 1526586613738.jpg (2560x2383, 1.11M)

She's Bruce's cousin in the comics too.

I honestly liked her in the cross over, and most of the trailer was okay.

The only cringe/WOKE shit was her saying the suit would be "perfection" when it fits a woman, and stealing all of Bruces shit before saying she didn't want a man taking credit for a womans work.

I WANT to like it but...
I'll at least give it a few episodes, just to see if most of the cringe gets pumped out in the first episode or 2 before moving on to her being more like the cross over version.

...but considering one of the writers for show is a jewish lesbian writing her, I have many a concern because of self insert fiasco's

Is Dobson writing for Warner?

Attached: lesbian kick.jpg (600x825, 496K)

>Kate isn't a pretty lipstick lesbian
>Kate doesn't have the sense of humor she occasionally does
>she's not otherworldly and ethereally pale for no real reason
>she doesn't take on weird and creepy magical threats
>she's a condescending and smug cunt because lesbian
It's shit.

>The only cringe/WOKE shit was her saying the suit would be "perfection" when it fits a woman, and stealing all of Bruces shit before saying she didn't want a man taking credit for a womans work.
That's, like, everything that happens in the trailer.

I see

Well, I mean...

Who is the whitehaired knife lady?

this was dumb

Except it's not, but ok I guess

he's not wrong

Based post pair.

Batwoman has been shit since day one.

>The only cringe/WOKE shit was her saying the suit would be "perfection" when it fits a woman, and stealing all of Bruces shit before saying she didn't want a man taking credit for a womans work.
Ignoring the obvious lesbian angle, she's also in an interracial relationship. If you think that the wokeness will just stop with the things you and I listed, you were born yesterday.

It's a CW superhero show, it looks as good as it possibly could given the circumstances.

>Ignoring the obvious lesbian angle, she's also in an interracial relationship. If you think that the wokeness will just stop with the things you and I listed, you were born yesterday.
There's nothing wrong with that. Kate Kane is gay in the comics and the modern incarnation has always been gay plus she's been in an interracial relationship before and it was handled well.

The problem is that they don't know how to write a gay female character. I wish this site knew how to talk about the tendencies of SJWs to write horribly, putting values and condescension before smart writing without going full /pol/. No one would be complaining about this if she didn't disrespect Batman or men constantly, was respectful towards her cousin and what the Bat-symbol represents, and stood out through well-built up characterization and cool cinematic action setpieces that were the culmination of said build-up.

Elegy and her nu52 series were both really damn good.

Yes the lines are bad and it looks like typical CW trash but holy shit the amount of dislikes don't make sense to me. I was expecting a quarter at most being dislikes.

>respectful towards her cousin and what the Bat-symbol represents
Literally her canon origin in the comic book.
How hard is to write that?

>How hard is to write that?
Really fucking hard apparently.

Cape writers in movies and tv have this thing where they frequently opt to just not respect the source material for one reason or another. Sometimes it's okay since cape comics can be fucking dumb. Other times it's baffling because what they come up with is just not only disrespectful but also just worse than what was in the comics originally.

It`s not bad for a tv show. I will not watch it because I probably would not even watch a batman tv series much less a batwoman one but did not seem a "bad superhero tv show"

>SEETHING
Ok, based on this faggot right here I'll give the pilot a shot.

>we all agree that this looks like hot shit right?
I mean: it's on the fuckin' CW, senpai.

Even if it doesn't go full retard in the first episode it's only a matter of time until you're looking at Felicity And Friends Tier faggotry. That's just how that network rolls.

god is this shit going to be the new captain marvel posting?

Bitch, please.

Captain Marvel was actually tame compared to this, believe it or not.

3 episodes rule

No, but the trailer was very poorly put together and unexciting. I hope it didn't reflect the series too well. Here's the deal, they get some Arrow S1 level stunts and fights and use real Bat-villains, then I'll gladly give it a watch.

>we shouldnt do this scene or add this concept because it's too comic book-y

Then dont make a superhero movie or show jfc

Looks decent to me except I fucking hate their take on Kate’s dad. He was great in the comic but this seems like some MoS-tier shitting up of a father figure.

>cw capeshit

Too soapy for me desu senpaitachi. I dont wanna watch a love triangle and interpersonal drama. I wanna see superheroes saving people and fighting bad guys

Attached: giphy.gif (320x180, 892K)

At least they're using a character that was always a lesbian for this. And the reason for the long red hair makes sense.
I dunno, a lot of the lines are the kind of girl-power pandering I usually hate but the actress makes them believable at least.

Concern.jpg

Attached: D6zSI6pU8AIb6a2.png (602x508, 224K)

>I wanna see superheroes saving people and fighting bad guys
So does literally everyone else but CW makes shows for the teenaged girl demographic, sadly.

Okay I'm just going to call everyone LBTwhatever/twitter users the same thing; Attention Whores. There, easier to say

People like her ruin it for the rest of us. As a black bisexual man, I'd love to write a black character or a bi male or even a combination of the two that wasn't a condescending prick and was more than just his race or sexuality but I feel like people would be in uproar if I were chosen to do such a thing because of shit like this.

CW trailers often suck
CW are hit and miss sometimes, and the writers have mixed track records on all sorts of things, such as just focusing on the right characters, problems or even solutions.

Costume design looks on point
Trailer introductions based on the comics seem alright
Cinematography seems like they got their budget for the first season
Fight choreography seems like one punch TV shit

If the target demographic is likes Batman, Batwoman, DC universe exploration, lesbians, girl power, or any of the cast, it's a good
Else it's a try for 3 episodes

>DC live action

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (740x740, 616K)

>CW are hit and miss sometimes
I say they're all miss.

How long till her nudes come out, desu?

Attached: ruby rose OITNB gif.gif (330x405, 1.88M)

Oh, fuck this.

Those are some mournful tits. Like two suicide notes stuffed in a glitter bra

cbr.com/batwoman-trailer-comment-bombing-youtube/

>In addition to these comments, there are many decrying the show's "feminist agenda." The comments here are in many ways reminiscent of campaigns against such female-led movies as Captain Marvel and the Ghostbusters reboot

My favorite thing about the Ghost busters reboot that no one liked, is that anytime a female driven show or movie gets criticized it's immediately compared to the Ghostbusters reboot that no one liked.

Jesus, her tits literally look like they're making a frown face

It's like she put a dollar's worth of change into some old socks and then taped them to her chest.

If I was a pair of tits, I'd make the frowny face if I was attached to a lesbian too.

>I GUESS THEY NEVER MUSS HUH??

Attached: 20190111_010439.jpg (1080x1807, 586K)

Yeah what the hell are they smoking? The thing bombed despite how bad they tried to control the narrative

Alice looks good, desu.

What I don't get is why Kate is stepping in for Batman (who apparently "gave up" on Gotham?) instead of doing her own bat-sanctioned thing. I guess they really can't be arsed to have Batman on any show with all the fuckery that's going on with the movies and shows.

Shit this is a CW show? I thought it was going to be the next DC movie.

>the suit is literally perfection
>it will be. when it fits me

there, fucking fixed. still cocky and smug but without being insufferably preachy

BABY I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ON THE GREY
OOH THE MORE I GET OF YOU THE STRONGER IT FEELS, YEAH
AND NOW THAT YOUR ROSE IS IN BLOOM
A LIGHT HITS THE GLOOM ON THE GREY

I think it looks like pretty standard CW stuff. Alice looks good

>Endless Trash
Well, yeah, you're a janitor dude. Pick it up.

she never got alone with Bruce in the comics though. Quit complaining about how it disrespects the comics when you haven't even read them

>Jewish Lesbian
That makes sense.

Not quite as bad as Katie McGrath's.

H...how do you know user?

>Kate in Elegy
>becomes a vigilante due to still wanting to help people despite her life falling intk shambles
>takes the Bat Symbol to let people know what side she’s on
>Kate in the CW Show
>becomes vigilante to save gf
>steals Batman’s suit, gets mad that people thinks she’s Batman
It’s already shit.

Come again?

Attached: 26de17043c288d70b6de80cd480a4c42.jpg (1449x2246, 547K)

and that very quickly fell apart like the next arc

She’s had nude scene’s too user. Looked it up to know what he meant, they seem mad that McGrath is still young and can’t sag any further.

I could've excused the obnoxious girl power nonsense if the bits with her fighting weren't so jarringly cut to pieces.

I thought they did this to hide an actor's inability to fight well, but didn't she fight well in John Wick 2? I can't remember exactly how her scenes went but I thought that movie had good combat.

Attached: 1447972994960.png (637x515, 560K)

That's an insult to how good shit looks, op.

>"They never got along"
>evidence contradicts this
>"w-well they didn't after so I win!"

Attached: Cq3OmWIXEAE3-Dq.jpg (1116x406, 112K)

>having Bruce be out of the picture for the time
That piszes me off. It is the awful WB Birds Of Prey all over again.

Her entire Elegy run was about her being used to expose Batman's identity and they came to blows over it

Attached: Tec947BruceKate.jpg (992x1024, 223K)

she wasn't bad in john wick, but rewatching the scene they also kinda edit around her for the most part. but could be due to the location (narrow corridor plus hall of mirrors)

youtu.be/7-TZCEyok_o

oops I mean New 52

Oof. That's rough. Maybe just a bad angle.

Attached: 20889006.gif (300x230, 743K)

>jumping from "they never got along in the comics" to "they never got along in New 52"
>claims that others didn't read the comics

Oh. So you're just a retard.
Carry on then

Attached: 1443488768018.jpg (260x285, 37K)

She wasn't bad in John Wick 2 because she didn't say a damn word the entire time

is this also going to get cancelled when the writer dares try to get her married to her cop gf?

eh, sorry, I guess I miss remembered Elegy

Ok capeshitter

Would still bang.

>pretty lipstick lesbian
>ethereally pale for no real reaso
Honestly, I don't like her pale lipstick look in the comics, and I have a thing for the punk/grunge look. Also, she wasn't pale in 52 either, so while I'm only just getting into her post-crisis stuff (fuck n52 and Rebirth) I assume she does have something happen to make her so pale.

>condescending and smug cunt
>sense of humor
Kate in the comics is 'fucking civilians' ex-military to the max anyway. And are you forgetting her snarking about Bruce to her dad?

>doesn't take on weird and creepy magical threats
We have no clue about this yet whatesoever, so it seems an odd complaint.

I hate her in the comics because she is an arrogant bitch treading on Bruce's cape. But in this setting she is actually just filling a power vaccum like in 52, so I can't dislike her for those reasons now.

I'm hoping she grows into that respect. They seem to be working the daddy, rebellion and authority issues pretty hard, and since Kate is actually somewhat respectful of authority and accountability, hopefully she will head that direction.

It's just REEEing. They know they can't do fuck all about it. That said, the attention is going to make the first few episodes probably some of the most viewed on CW ever, as just the viewcount is off the charts compared to other videos. They finally have a Batshow. If they don't fuck it up and do some rapid and serious course correction instead of doubling down it could be Arrow Season 1 all over again.

Based on the trailer, how shoehorned will the SJW stuff be?
Supergirl levels?

Contractual issues mean no TV Batman for anything more than cameos, and even they probably have to take careful negotiation. Until this changes it's how it's going to be. But it;s also why Batwoman can be Batwoman without her feeling like a redundant copy in her own show, because Bruce is AWOL, and the Batfamily apparantly doesn't exist in this setting or are with him. I would have honestly hated it more if they had gone with the Supergirl method of Batman being around but shit on and being a feminist-ally to uplift her. I'll never forgive CWgirl for Superman ceding Eath to her and stating she is stronger and better than him outright. It's just hamfisted virtuesignaling.

Batman at least has left the legacy she is using to pull herself up with and a legend she has to strive to live up to.

They need to get her with Renee. That was one of the most heartwarming relationships she had in the comics and felt somewhat genuine.

Very, except, maybe not because of the reaction to the trailer. Supergirl has done okay outside a few near cancellations, but it's also 'just' Supergirl. You don't fuck with Batfags Batmen. They will tear your work to pieces and poison the reception to anything you make. They are trying to control the narrative but you can bet the writers, actors, and more importantly the shareholders are shitting themselves. Batwoman is supposed to be the next Arrow, and their lead hero(oine) after the current batch retire. This next big event is all about folding the Supegirl/Batwoman world into the main CW world. They can't let it crash and burn without irreparably damaging their TV-Universe.

To my knowledge they only just started filming, so there is time for emergency script rewrites and a change of attitude.

Attached: batwoman_by_captive2d-d31xj6w.jpg (821x781, 117K)

While I haven’t gotten around to 52, im Elegy she mentions that some cult stole her heart for a bit. Probably has something to do with her paleness. Though it could also be JH Williams art, I don’t have it on hand but I believe they were pale as kids too, and his version is sort of the definitive one.

Hollywood SJWs can barely work with a full schedule and make anything good, you really think if the studio ordered emergency rewrites it would be better

Okay hear me out; what if we make her a vampire?

Supergirl honest wasn't bad with SJW shit i feel, until like season 3 when they had the whole thing with Alex coming out, her girlfriend not just being gay but being a gay immigrant, Lena and James talking about gun control, etc...

Season 4 I didn't pay much attention too because they went in fucking HARD with the anti-Alien shit bashing you over the head.

I decided to watch the past few episodes though and it seemed far more toned down. Haven't watched the Finale yet though.

So i'm hoping that the SJW gets done and over with pretty soon and she learns it's not about her, but what Batman meant for the City and what she can come to mean for them.

She honestly wasn't bad during the Elsewords cross over, but she also wasn't on it long.
And probably wasn't written for by a "fellow jewish lesbian" getting their wish fulfillment

actually she wasnt a lesbian before one the universe reboots, but she never took the batwoman mantle while she was written as straight

S1 was entirely about Cat Grant pushing feminism HARD. I felt that was part of the reason it failed, cause it was unbalanced in that aspect. A supergirl show SHOULD have some feminism but they over did it

I seem to recall the first 3 episodes of 1 were fucked up and heavy handed
>Gets her ass kicked by misogynist alien, general says "she can't win", woman next to him says "WHY? BECAUSE SHES A GIRL!!??". No bitch, he has working eyes!
>Diner waitress looks at news about Supergirl. "Finally, my little girl has someone to look up to!". Right, because a vagina was critical to that? Also fuck Wonder Woman I guess.
>Superman compliments Kara on defeating some radiation villain (forget the name), "something even he wasn't able to do", even though later in the episode Superman literally flew in to save Kara's ass from said villain.
Also I'd like to point out how fucked Kara's character was. She only started being Supergirl because someone she personally knew was in a crisis, it being a possible plane crash

Perhaps not, but they can at least try and make some changes so that people won't shit on it relentlessly. How on the nose it's being is actually pissing off the people they are trying to pander to. And you have to be pretty fucking blatant for these people to realize they are being patronised.

Attached: 1542827327427.jpg (3000x2000, 1.49M)

>She only started being Supergirl because someone she personally knew was in a crisis
you know that is the origin story for a lot of heros right?

>starring Ruby Rose

what? like from RWBY?

That stuff all goes down in S2

Fuck you, Victor

>So i'm hoping that the SJW gets done and over with pretty soon and she learns it's not about her, but what Batman meant for the City and what she can come to mean for them.

I wish I had your youthful optimism but it is a fair bit naive

>is wearing Batman's suit
>is using Batman's gadgets
>is using the Batcave
>"I don't want a man taking credit for a woman's work."

Attached: dio.jpg (1024x568, 100K)

Fair enough. But consider this; Kara has had her powers for years, and had every opportunity to intervene in several situations and yet chose not to. However I suppose you could argue a loved one gave her the push to actually get off her ass.

Attached: 47c473e2efe702ebd8c34f3fecc92429e42a9cb8.png (3000x3800, 1.37M)

Cat Grant was the best part of the show though?

Kara was the one reeeeing about "IT SHOULD BE SUPER 'WOMAN'"
While Grant was like "i'm a girl, you're a girl, so what's the problem?"

And pointing out that Perry can throw a a chair out a window and keep his job but she'd be looked down on for the same thing is true.

Not all feminism is automatically bad. It's in how it's handled, and it was handled well in season 1

Or, what if, instead of her getting married she is just repeatedly raped!

I agree not all feminism is bad, but Cat Grant was insufferably snobbish about it

It's really not, but I guess spending all day in an echo chamber of people yelling how terrible something is would make you think that when someone has anything positive to say or think

I don't hang out on Yea Forumsmblr as much as you because of how passive aggressive and in denial most of you roasties and zoomers are

Wait, so she dresses up as Batman...but gets mad when people think she's Batman??????

She literally wasn't though

She acted like a CEO and a reporter, and happened to be female while doing it.

She didn't have to shout from the roof tops that she has a vagina.

So I honestly don't get what your definition of "snobbish" is other than "Female helps another Female be better at something"

>Passive aggressive
>in denial
>Yea Forumsmblr

Oh, so you're just an idiot. My bad dude, keep reeeing about how much you hate everything then. my bad.

Im only ragging on you. I called you naive and you got bumper busted

How she acted was pretty much what I expected out of her character. Didn't really bother me that much.

no, she was litterally sticking her nose up to every in every interaction she had. She was arrogant and completely acting a valley girl with a bit of competence.

>Literal head and face of a giant media organization
>bit of competence

Ah, I see.

So your idea of snobbish is "woman in power" then.

>Simply point out that surrounding yourself in negativity all the time will also make you negative all the time
>bumper busted

Sounds more like I struck a nerve by reminding you that staying in your basement and talking about how everything is terrible isn't healthy

>t. roastie

Attached: 1393963016464.jpg (402x441, 28K)

>So your idea of snobbish is "woman in power" then.
no, she was literally talking down to everyone around her besides a few times with Kara. She was a cunt to everyone around her. That's not power that is being a cunt

literally who

She was an asshole that starts to change when you find about her son. She's still a cunt but a more lovable one

Fucking this, that's exactly what I thought. At least that line sounds like something an actual human being might say.

I hope they edit that out. Personally I am fine for it as a trailer for the show, but I hope it isn't in the show

>likes 61K
>dislikes 234K
fucking incels, why do you hate women so much?

cause they feel comfortable being in their own mob.

It certainly does, and i did not have high expectations.
Ruby Rose is usually the shittiest actor in whatever she is in, so they should produce the shit out of this just to make her palatable.

Those could be the reasons. Or you know, it's just a bad trailer for most likely to be a bad TV show.

I think its lame that she's not an actual red head in this adaptation,.

>She's a lesbian AND into brown girls

Sign me up, famalam

True, but if you think misogyny had nothing to do with the vitriol you're fooling yourself.

Yeah, use the only recent Bat-family comic run where they finally forced Kate to work with everybody else, which even then ends with them splitting up again due to deep ideological conflicts, and ignore the entire decade and change from the period where she first debuted where Kate isn't interested in what Batman thinks about her.

People didn't like the Titans trailer for shitting on Batman. Same deal here. Stop seeing your prejudice everywhere

It's a really bad trailer and pretty insulting but that ratio is still ridiculous.

i dont give two fucks about lgbt bullshit so no
this is literally lesbians are strong the tv show

>People didn't like the Titans trailer for shitting on Batman

That was just a stupid meme because people wanted to whine about the show being edgy. Trying to compare that to the hate filled hyperbole over Ghostbusters reboot is laughable.

Literally the same thing. What's laughable is the state of you

>Literally the same thing.

Sure, in both cases people whined. The scope is entirely different though and Fuck Batman didn't create any type of anti-Titans campaign.

Selective memory. This board treated thought Hooker Starfire was reason enough to miss the show, and Fuck Batman was the cherry on the cake. But then it came out and wasn't terrible. This Batwoman show is not yet released so you're seeing that first phase

>People didn't like the Titans trailer for shitting on Batman
Titants trailer was kinda shit, and I still think Starfires outfit was badly thought out

Oh no, a Jewish lesbian is writing a Jewish lesbian character. What a massive controversy.

It was just people not having the context and REEEEing anyway. It looks like Dick is actually more likely to snap than Bruce ever would, given Dick was willing to actually kill him rather than putting him away, which is more than Batman has ever done that we have been told. Dick poots his foot on the neck of the man who raised him and fucking snaps it. Dream or not it's fucked up and a step Bruce would/has never taken with his worst enemy. Jacen is also using the Robin identity to fucking brutalize cops because they picked on him as a street rat. While all this is going on Batman is presumably back in Gotham being the goddamn Batman and saving the day while people grumble about him.. It's all Dick being a woe-is-me prick. Honestly, Nightwing is one of my favorite heroes, or was growing up, but I'm hoping they get him there attitude wise soon.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-03-12h11m04s835.png (1280x640, 516K)

Reeves is a beast when it comes to fight scenes, if you’re not an actual professional you’ll likely look a bit wimpy and need some help editing fairy.

>First two minutes
Doesn't look spectacular but could be watchable.
>Last minute
And it's fucked.

Attached: 1547774199090.gif (442x251, 2.5M)

Sure is Yea Forumsumblr in here

kys fagg

>THE HERO WE NEED
>IS HER(E)

Am I the only one who just busted out laughing when they saw this? It's like they saw the shitty trailer for Captain Marvel and went "this is perfect, this is what we want"

It's embarrassing honestly. Not only is it copied but they somehow made it worse.

I didn’t care about captain marvel enough to dislike it, but every word that can out of batwomans mouth and the actors in general really, felt like nails were being jammed into my ears.

Attached: 1558135140625.jpg (750x734, 79K)

Yea Forumsmrade user, WE are Yea Forumsmblr

Attached: arrow reddit joke 231231.jpg (1641x834, 184K)

Who's we, kemosabe?

>I'm not gonna let a man take credit
rides off of batman's coattails

nice to meet you Yea Forumsmblr

>uses his name
>takes his suit and gadgets
>"I'm not about to let a MAN take the credit for a woman's work."
Is she as hypocritical in the comics? Is there literally no one to point this shit out to the writers?

>as a jewish lesbian I'm beyond proud to see a character like myself on TV
So what they're saying is that Batwoman is literally being defined by being a female jewish lesbian. How about defining characters by WHO they are.

Attached: 1558374884399.png (637x1001, 850K)

Being lesbian is part of who you are.

>I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work
>Uses his gadgets and symbol

Why do they always bellitle man in shows these days??

Attached: 1528401660925.jpg (362x266, 20K)

Because Batman quit.

No, that's a what because you were born a lesbian, just like you're born a woman. Who is about what you believe in, what you fight for, what you do, what your personality is like. You can change who you are, but not what you are.

No, it looks fine for a TV show. The problems don't come from the visuals. The visuals are perfectly acceptable for TV standards

Attached: 739.png (625x626, 53K)

because if you cant make a point FOR women, you make a point AGAINST men.

No.

Have sex