When they first saw him, did they know they were fighting time displacement Thanos and not the Thanos they killed?

When they first saw him, did they know they were fighting time displacement Thanos and not the Thanos they killed?

Attached: 345353.jpg (743x454, 61K)

their Thanos doesn't have a head so...

No
Most of the heroes were in limbo for 5 years, they didnt know about anything.

Strange knew it would happen though, and he explain the situation to everyone

I don't think they cared at the moment

He just blew up the Avengers compound and had a giant spaceship hovering above them

It doesn't really matter what year he's from

They didn't really care too much, they just knew that Thanos is back and is gonna fuck shit up. Didn't help that past Thanos didn't really allude to how he arrived, just what he's gonna do 'this time' around.

Imagine if that was the actual Thanos from their timeline

How fucked would that be

Their Thanos wouldn't have been like that since he was no longer a warmongering tyrant, getting the infinity stones and using them for so long and for so many things changed his character and outlook. This Thanos was before he even started to lose anything of real value you have to remember. He didn't lose his daughters' loyalty, didn't have to kill one of them for the soul stone and torture the other one really badly, or witness how all the avengers fought him tooth and nail in a losing battle and see their own losses for himself. He didn't even realize his goal and make it to the end where it wasn't actually all that cracked up to be like he thought it'd be.
If IW Thanos came back most likely he'd be more like the classic Adam Warlock comics version where he actually accepts he was wrong in the end and exiles himself to the farm for his crimes. I kinda wish they didn't kill him actually, have him sense EG Thanos arrive and they talk it out, then that's where IW Thanos gets decapitated by EG Thanos being disgusted by what he'd become if he continued his original plan any further (and this is where he changes goals to snapping the entire universe). Help continue that great character development we saw in Thanos that really drove Infinity War.

It was pretty dumb to make thanos an antihero with a goal for greater good instead of a dude who just wanted to impress a girl. That's pretty much the only quip I have with IW.

Endgame was just outright bad.

>it was dumb to give a character depth

It's indeed deeper than muh malicious means to help everyone.

Imagine.
>Black Widow doesn't kill herself.
>Red Skull says that the sacrifice doesn't have to be immediate.
>He gives them the Soul Stone and they go on their way.
>yfw Red Skull used the stone to bring Thanos and his army back from the dead, eventually leading to the sacrifice of Tony.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

why would red skull care about that shit

The first thing Thor says is "Let's kill him properly this time."

No, it isn't boomer

better yet
>imagine Cap going to return the soul stone and talk to Red skull. He strike up a deal with the soul stone to revive black widow, but is require to protect the soul stone for all of eternity thus sacrificing his chance to spend time with peggy

his love of death and his helping the greater good are complimentary. When he does the snap in the comics he makes a speech about how there are too many people living.

That's fucking dumb.

Would be kino.

Tony's comment to Steve when he asked what was going on was that because they messed with time that time messed with them back, so he had an idea that Thanos got to them by traveling through time.

Either a seat on the same table as Thanos as he rules over Earth or the other stones and the gauntlet. He doesnt need to use all them if the sacrifice meant he loses his life but Hive will thoroughly impressed that they gained the trust of Thanos

The Red Skull from Endgame/IW is just a husk of his former self.

They definitely didn't. Scarlet Witch even says her one-liner on how she has a grudge. Probably nobody wanted to demoralize the rescue army.

I know I am late for the party, but stuff I liked was;
>God of Absolute failure being set right by his mom
>Thanos outsmarting Carol
>Wise Ancient wising around
>Old comrades wrestling over who should sacrifice themselves
>Blue woman grew to be something that resembles a character

Stuff I disliked;
>stretching some jokes too long, like Thor and Quip at the end
>apparently even after 5 years, the majority of the planet can't move on or rebuild
>"Woman heroes are also important guys! Guys?"

>>apparently even after 5 years, the majority of the planet can't move on or rebuild

Just imagine if half the planet was gone in the blink of an eye.
Not only the trauma but also the common knowledge that we're basically fucked to any space warlord coming at us like Thanos.

Wasn't Thanos like the third Space Invasion up till that point? Not counting Ultron who was basically the same coat of paint with a different origin.

And I get it is a big trauma and all, but most people do not mourn to the point of dysfunction for five years.
And what about the trashy neighborhood? It would either be cleaned up in 5 years, or it wouldn't be safe enough for depressed gingers to bike around in it.

Or Hydra isnt attempting to take over earth since most of the people who can stop are dead and they can subvert the governments with false promises of stability

>>stretching some jokes too long, like Thor and Quip at the end
Nah, they used them fair enough.
>>apparently even after 5 years, the majority of the planet can't move on or rebuild
We are not robots dude, its obviously that it would be slow the process of going foward.
>>"Woman heroes are also important guys! Guys?"
Actress requested that in the same way Pratt or Hemsworth requested things.
Besides, it was a brief scene so why you are uspet about a minor shit like that?

Not upset about it, but you can't say it wasn't shoehorned how only females lined up behind Carol when she had the infinity ball.

Oh yeah, I suppose all villains and hydra personnel was snapped away.

Red Skull doesn't actually have any say on who gets the Soul Stone.

He's only there to tell people how to get it.

>Endgame was outright bad

No it wasn't.

imagine being this dumb

I'm going to focus on your post, because you raise three good points and I can use those to expand conversation.

>Wasn't Thanos like the third Space Invasion up till that point?
It isn't about the invasion aspect; those were all localized events. The snap killed people and lifeforms everywhere. The world in the MCU is different from our Earth in that confirmed contact with other worlds had been made. Some heroes had alien friends so for all we know some civilians did as well, likely meaning that news of the devastation not being just on Earth would be known. Imagine knowing a being exists powerful enough to alter the entire universe, and that it isn't even a god. What does that say about religion? The total freefall as entire ideologies collapsed across the entire universe would be devastating to say the least. Now add superpowers that make most lifeforms on most planets look like amoebas on top of technology that makes the most-advanced works of most civilizations look like wooden toys, and I think total hopelessness in the face of a superior foe doesn't even begin to describe what most people regardless of planet of origin would be feeling.

>most people do not mourn to the point of dysfunction for five years.
I've known people who mourn the rest of their lives over a single loss. Now imagine that half of the people any particular person knew died suddenly and with zero closure, including no corpse to bury symbolically. Some people got to see their entire family turn to ash before their eyes with no understanding of why; some people are just gone, and who knows how long it took to establish the real death toll. Searching for loved ones with no answers for days, maybe years, would be very taxing.

>And what about the trashy neighborhood?
I'm a sad bike-riding ginger who lives in Detroit, so I got it. How many government employees or at least skilled tradespeople would be left to fix it?

user, the loss of more than 4 billion people in an instant everywhere, ignoring the chain casualties due to pilots and drivers etc dusting would be unprecedented, it's literally a worse death over time gradient than anything that's ever happened on Earth, ever.

>The Chitauri barely fucked up New York, never mind literally ever other country that needs to be conquered
>The Wakanda invasion was repelled thanks to Thor
>The dreadnought blew up two buildings and some shield agents
>Ecclestone was too busy battling the botox someone kept spiking him with to battle humanity
>Every bit of damage by Dormammu was reversed, with Strange succesfully blackmailing an entire dimension to fuck off
>Ego's flower took out part of a town in the US

Not going to lie, if I knew how badly aliens fucked up even one of those times, I'd be feeling pretty cocky.

Hydra was repeatedly face smashed into the floor until only agents hiding for their lives and three businessmen were left after AoU.

>But AoS
Is really, really garbage and also non-canon.

>I'm going to focus on your post, because you raise three good points and I can use those to expand conversation.
That's like the coolest compliment I've got all year, thank you.

>>Wasn't Thanos like the third Space Invasion up till that point?
Good points, I wonder how much the Earth Populace knows about what happened. It must really suck to be on a random planet and get affected by an epidemic of spontaneous combusting.

>I've known people who mourn the rest of their lives over a single loss.
I don't deny that, but most move on, because live goes on as well. Not counting the people who obviously had loved ones disintegrate in their arms, there had to be many who got away and weren't completely traumatized.
I'm not saying that Thanos should have been proven right, and everyone should have gotten better jobs, in a Golden Age, just that it's not the end of Civilization.

Like with the main cast, I fully get Steve being hung up on it, and Thor completely falling over it, because they were personally involved and failed. But for everyone else it ought to be the universe-wide equivalent of a tsunami.

>I'm a sad bike-riding ginger who lives in Detroit, so I got it. How many government employees or at least skilled tradespeople would be left to fix it?
Fair enough I suppose, I base my ideas of public on where I live, and I know that every street would have been stolen clean.

God I really fell behind with these movies, I don't even know who some of these guys are.

What an awful opinion.

maybe he grew it back

Look at warzones irl, that shit can take years to fix. IIRC the region of Iran didn't recover populationwise from the Mongols until the 20th century.

Also, 99% of the population wouldn't immediately know it was Thanos. Just 1/2 of their friends and family turning to dust. The panic in the street would be unmeasurable.

Attached: 1521005746835.jpg (1066x576, 64K)