He was a piece of shit

He was a piece of shit.

Attached: A5FCD0DC-D79C-4D26-99A4-D28E78FFD438.jpg (908x1200, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrb6qEvjNS4
youtube.com/watch?v=8rujLwY1C8k
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9m9R1RZjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he hated jews, so he was okay in my book

Why? I want to see at least one good reason for you making this thread.

he gave us entertrainment

True but he loved cartoons and wanted animation to be recognized as art.

Animation only exists because of this motherfucking pioneer's blood sweat and tears.

Stay mad fag

He treated his workers terribly.
He’s basically the Stan Lee of his time.

Boia deh la tua fava era un piece of shit

Examples?

all mice are scum

prove it
bet you can't

so was every captain of industry

just because robber barons are awful people doesn't mean they weren't amazingly important

BUT FAMILY GUY SAID-

America wishes it had someone like Walt these days. The man was gonna build a motherfucking city after a lifetime of peddling the kind of wholesome entertainment that conservative christian drool over. Plus he wasn't afraid to go into serious debt in order to fine-tuned everything perfectly.

He was a coprophiliac.

THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=Qrb6qEvjNS4

Attached: waltperegoy-main.jpg (580x406, 48K)

>create animation studio built up from your own hard work
>studio has turned into a mega-corporation run by the exact people you hated and who churn out soulless computer-generated filth instead of hand-drawn animated films
He would be livid.

Attached: 1537773575415.gif (268x268, 1.56M)

we'd still have an animation industry if he'd stayed at Universal; it would have just been different.

Technology was getting better, Mickey wasn't the first sound cartoon, or even the first cartoon with voice -- though admittedly, contemporary attempts were either stilted or sloppy. Someone else would have made a feature length animated film. And the investors would have demanded they do it cheaper next time, and the same dips and bumps in quality would have occurred.

and the reason we have CGI remake shit today is because under capitalism, things don't happen because they're good or necessary or better; they happen because they're profitable.

but I don't know, maybe we wouldn't have had theme parks? imagine how much richer America's families would be today if we weren't obligated to dump thousands of dollars into occasional Disney theme park trips. we'd probably still have local amusement parks in our neighborhoods.

Attached: angry-ozzie.gif (220x234, 5K)

>Mickey wasn't the first sound cartoon, or even the first cartoon with voice
Mickey probably wouldn't exist at all, to be honest.

Disney has been so influential that frankly it's hard to imagine a bizarro world without him. The technology would be there but things would be too different. Tezuka would take a pencil without Disney being born? Probably yes but his style would be different and only a weirdo like Disney would spend from his own cash for making Bambi, which was almost a spiritual experience for Tezuka. Matt Groening and Akira Toriyama would become cartoonists if 101 Dalmatians was never made? Perhaps but they'd have a different sensibilities and different interests.

Attached: Tezu2.jpg (852x996, 205K)

>people thinking they're "obligated" to go to Disneyland
>going to a local amusement park when the reason for creating Disneyland was because local amusement parks were seedy and dangerous

>we'd probably still have local amusement parks in our neighborhoods.
And they suck.

>This desu

I don't like Uncle Walt but if he saw what was happening to his company today he'd be pissed

That's not very nice, it's just a mouse.

What about Looney Tunes? How'd he influence that?

>DA JOOZ
Have sex.

Based

Bob Clampett was a Disneyfag. He liked to make references to Disney movies on his shorts. He claimed to met Disney once when he was young but who knows. According to Clampett, Disney told him "money is like manure, it's used to make things grow".

user you are fucking retarded if you think Theme parks are an obligation.

Disney and WB had a friendly rivalry that push them both to do great thing. Looney Tunes wouldn't be half of what it is without Disney.

>He was a piece of shit.

Bitter because he purchased half the world and gave the world entertainment the world wanted

Merry Melodies started as a Silly Symphonies's rip-off and Tex Avery chose to make his own spin to the cutesy Disney formula with sarcastic funny animals, wild slapsticks and voluptuous women what would give Looney Tunes its identity against Silly Symphonies and Micky Mouse

>Stan Lee of his time
You mean Bob Kane, kirbyfag?

Here's a picture of Walt Disney posing with a drawing of Mickey Mouse that he himself didn't draw. People kept asking Walt to draw Mickey so he had one of his best Mickey artists do teach him how to draw the head of Mickey from one angle. He did not draw the picture he's posing with in this picture.

Attached: disney.jpg (600x499, 49K)

Here's a picture of how Walt drew Mickey.

Attached: Walt_Disney_Drawing_Mickey.png (500x341, 121K)

It's like if Stan Lee posed in a picture with a pencil and Jack Kirby's or Steve Ditko's drawing.

Attached: 1558102536166m.jpg (1024x723, 84K)

brize of cartoons

>Animation only exists because of this motherfucking pioneer's blood sweat and tears.
youtube.com/watch?v=8rujLwY1C8k

Chuck had nothing but good things to say about Walt too.

Disney had nothing to do with Tezuka. It was Barks who inspired him.
Better question would be whether we'd have Carl Bark's works.

>after his death, accountants were walking around boasting they could now finally get the company in the black

Attached: rat.png (352x351, 126K)

Almost no posts in this thread provide a source for their claims.

Most people don't ever post sources to their claimz because most people will believe them if it sounds believable, anyway. There's very little incentive to lie on an anonymous forum unless one is trolling.

it's Yea Forums nothing of value will come of this thread

Attached: africa-before-dark-oswald-600.jpg (600x450, 42K)

These trips and this image are the only things valuable in this thread so far

nobody's going to cite which biography they read, or keep track of which ones are discredited...

at least not here, where we're always one reply away from talking about waifus or panties or something.

Attached: OswaldCheckers.jpg (632x441, 166K)

Is it true that he called the union strikers faggots?

Nah Walt was fucking based. Bob Iger is a bitch.

he had a lot of power. if the worst thing he did to unions was call them a bad word, then he was a saint.

i wasn't implying that was something bad. i just wanted to know if it was true.

According to Tezuka, he saw Bambi like 80 times on the theater. Knowing Tezuka, he was probably jerking off but still. Only a guy that liked to lose money on megalomaniac projects like uncle Walt could make Bambi. Not even uncle Walt could make another Bambi for all the money he lost in the 40's and the birth of animators union. Tezuka had many influences, not only from the comics or animation field, but that doesn't rest importance.

Also pic related.

>My first meeting with Mickey was during the Animation Festival on 2nd grade (Tezuka born in 1928). Also, my father brought an old home projector, called Pathé Baby, and among the movies I bought there was Mickey Choo Choo. From that moment, I locked myself to Disney with a chain that couldnn't be broken (Osamu Tezuka)

Attached: osamu-tezuka-7-638.jpg (638x479, 106K)

I think he said damnit at a negotiation or something like that and it was a big shock since he never swore.

>Implying he even knew what computer-generated animation was as if it already existed.

He was a pioneer. He would've been positive towards new developments in animation techniques.

>he never swore.
Really? I always picture him swearing around and kicking tables while telling the animators why their work suck and they suck

Attached: Stimpy's Cartoon Show.jpg (1440x1080, 168K)

the typical consensus is that he very rarely complimented people's work to their faces (like the Tom Hanks portrayal did), but he demonstrated appreciation in other ways, making sure they didn't get stiffed out of awards when they contributed, etc.

he was no Mister Rogers. I wonder if he ever met Fred Rogers.

he might not have been super-into Jews but I do invite you to look into the source material for Bambi.

Attached: italian-tabloid.jpg (800x674, 257K)

So what? Walt was a scumbag because he wasn't as talented of an artist as the professionals he hired while he ran the studio?

The optimistic future city stuff he did with Tomorrowland and planned for EPCOT is some of the coolest shit ever and I desperately wish more of it was in the parks today. I want an entire future city park, like even bigger than Future World.

Attached: F U T U R E.jpg (1200x819, 184K)

>one reply away from talking about waifus or panties or something.
Hello boys! Sorry I'm late.

Attached: minnie parachute.png (1360x768, 275K)

Based Disney

Shame he and McCarthy didn't go further.

we interrupt this pro-sweatshop circle jerk to bring you this fashion announcement.

thongs are out, bloomers are in!

if it makes you feel any better, they were probably made in a sweatshop too. maybe even prison labor!

Attached: bloomers.jpg (1000x905, 85K)

He sent his workplace rivals to die in a war, you gotta admit that he was pretty metal.

Walt fucking LOVED money, and was never one for "accurate adaptations", so sequels and rehashes and shit would not have bothered him. The only thing that would piss him off is that his amusement parks cost an arm and a leg to get into. The whole point of them was that it was supposed to be so any American family could afford to get in.

The real secret of life on this earth is that by default humans are shit. Children are often portrayed as pure and innocent but anyone who has children knows this is an absolute lie. They fight and squabble over literally anything and everything. The first thing a baby does when it isn't busy shitting or screaming is to grab whatever is closest to it and shove it in it's selfish little mouth.
I don't believe the earth is six thousand years old, I don't believe in heaven or hell. But I do believe that the concept of inherited sin is a crucial part of fundamentally understanding humanity. You are born a piece of shit, a useless eater. To be an even half way decent being takes effort, and the day to day mechanics of that effort is religion.

Attached: 1556136062863.jpg (420x392, 24K)

whatever, nigga

Walt was a scumbag for disproportionately taking credit for work others did. How many normies know the names Ub Iwerks, Milt Kahl, Preston Blair, etc? Walt was the face of his company and because of that people praise him as a master artist and animator, when he wasn't either.

I think he'd be upset about how Disneyland's development turned out. Not the attractions or inside the park itself, but the land it occupies.
>build a moderate sized park in a similarly-sized area in hopes it's a decent success
>it's a huge success
>business surround it to cash in on tourism
>park can barely expand while success increases
>massive crowds in a park not entirely designed for massive crowds
>prices keep the already massive crowds from being even worse

He felt some of this already with his Disney World plans, but I feel he'd be upset about how cramped-in Land is by the city around it.

Only in fucking America do shitters who "run the studio" or "run the company" get more recognition than the ACTUAL CREATORS. This is why Objectivism should've been invented by a man, and the creators rallied together to extinguish the looters instead of sucking off their fucking cocks!

Attached: jpeg.jpg (465x424, 45K)

He hated commies, he didn't give a shit about Jews.

>not liking reddit makes you reddit

Attached: fuckoff.jpg (60x125, 2K)

Where did the whole "Walt hated Jews" thing come from anyway? Apparently it might have originated from Art Babbitt but I'm not sure if I would buy that considering the feud between him and Walt.

Walt was one of the few that even hired a jew around those years, I really doubt he was a secret-nazi, I don't think he was a saint and he genuinely hated communists (like everyone in hollywood in the 40's) but he wasn't neither a devil.

wtf I'm italian and I've never seen this, lmao

The closest I can find is that he hung around with anti-semitic people in the Motion Picture Alliance, and later tried to distance himself from this. I don't think he himself was ever doing it. The only race controversies around Walt are the usual cases of him being a product of his time. I don't think he did anything deliberately racially hateful.

>selfish

Attached: 1528816222843.png (800x728, 1.18M)

if the Disney corporation really wanted to alleviate crowds in their US locations, they'd build a third US theme park. but the only place it'd make economic sense is Texas, and Texas doesn't deserve one.

Attached: true-capitalist.jpg (480x360, 13K)

religion has led to and been the direct cause of way more human suffering and misery than it has ever done any good for. that is it's only secret.

tl;dr too busy pantying up this thread

i think this may be the only time Minnie cared that her underwear was visible.

Attached: 1454842523527.gif (320x240, 2.99M)

I can see them building one in mexico in the future.

>it was a big shock since he never swore.
He swore in a recording on the Fantasia DVD commentaries, at least one instance of "To hell with the critics!"

There was supposed to be a third park called Disney's America in Virginia, unfortunately they wanted to build it in a retarded place with history, and history buffs protested and won in the end.

Communist lies. Walt was not perfect, no one is, but the worst things you hear about him were fabricated by the communists in Hollywood who hated that he refused to fall in line.

Disney smoked and drank and swore in real life.

even then, smoking was considered a vice, but he couldn't put them down.

and yet when they filmed Saving Mr. Banks, they couldn't depict Walt smoking.

the entertainment industry has dwelt on war and sex and revenge and torture and other terrible things that only the worst humans do, but it can't face the smaller flaws that regular humans do....

oh well here's tinkerbell, walt's side piece when minnie wasn't putting out

Attached: tinkerbell-keyhole.gif (320x243, 354K)

Goofy struggled with smoking too. youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9m9R1RZjs

Attached: no-smoking.jpg (240x180, 7K)

>wah muh disney
>not realizing my nigga ralph bakshi is the one who really got robbed by time

richard williams got robbed of 30 years for thief and the cobbler

wasn't williams the guy who went to the conference and shat on all the calarts kids because they weren't taught how to properly animate body features or something?

no idea. he's like 86 now.

It's not like Ditko wanted any kinda recognition.

t. Seth MacFarlane

So religion created communism, atomic weapons, high fructose corn syrup, carbon belching slave factories, ect? People kill in the name of religion. People also kill for land, oil, drugs, and the contents of a cash register. People are the common denominator here, not religion.
Also, go back.

cows were his real passion.

got cold on the farm

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 6.33.07 AM.png (1202x530, 628K)

You soo reddit you saved fucking thumbnails kek

If he did, he would literally be /ourguy/.

fpbp

He reminds me of a 50s generation anti-abortion mysogonist. He's also white.

They have land to build another park in California and several more in Florida. Extending stays on existing properties is more lucrative than building a new resort from scratch.

Disney's property for Walt Disney World is currently split up as follows: 1/3 of the property is nature preserve, and will remain so as per Walt's wishes. 1/3 of the property is dedicated to the current parks, water parks, resorts, Disney Springs, and supporting infrastructure. The final 1/3 of the land is for future development - Meaning Disney literally has the land sitting there, waiting, that could allow them to double the size of the current Walt Disney World. Hell, if they wanted to, they could just use it to create second identical copies of all the currently existing parks.

He actually treated them great for the time, just that compared to modern conditions they were shit.

He had the most reliable pay out of every one of his rivals during the great depression.

They've tried. It always gets shot down by locals not wanting a shit ton of tourists.

>compared to modern conditions they were shit
modern companies pay most of their workers shit wages, and it gets worse every time there's a merger. Wages are shit and working standards are violated constantly, even "good" jobs often require constant crunch hours and burn people out because every college has an endless supply of STEM workers.

the only thing worse about working for Disney in 1930 than working for a modern company is probably that modern companies might use air conditioning. MIGHT.

how much do cast members working at Disneyland make? how many of them have to live in their cars?

It depended on what your rank was within the studio. As an inbetweener or ink-and-painter $10-20 a week(~1940 dollars) was the norm, and some would consider those to be soul-crushing jobs.

Do you think he would hate anime for being limited animation instead of fully animated?

I want to believe that claim so I won't follow up and check sources and validity of it

imagine if he'd lived to see Hanna Barbera's 1970s work

fukn sht

It’s not about intentionally lying, it’s about whether you are talking out your ass because you believe your own bullshit.

Based.
Cucked.

>modern companies pay most of their workers shit wages
Believe it or not, bigger companies tend to pay better wages than smaller businesses.

He inspired them

Jews are the easiest group to blame. You should try coming up with a more creative scapegoat.

He’s a “scumbag” because that’s what it takes to be a successful, world renowned buisinessman. Plus, little people are always going to talk shit about people with more power.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've read on here recently.

Everyone wants to bring the big man down

>He’s a “scumbag” because that’s what it takes to be a successful, world renowned buisinessman

capitalism rewards scumbags

but somehow capitalism is a system so perfect that no alternatives may be considered

especially the sweatshops. you literally can't have anything nice unless someone is practically enslaved to make it. if you want to be ethical, you have to go live in a cave or some shit. In Korea they even figured out how to make the most famous pop idols work under the sweatshop model, where they're working their entire waking lives, getting none of the profits, and constantly terrified of getting fired. because that's how work has to get done now: millions toiling, and a few hundred people doing nothing but cashing dividend checks.

it's horrible but you're not allowed to try any alternative. even if another country tries it we will invade them. now enjoy your Detective Pikachu, Yea Forumsnsumer.

Attached: collect-them-all.jpg (200x160, 13K)

let's face it, if the worst thing that happens to Minnie is meeting a deadmau5 fan, that's a good day. she probably requires more bouncers than a whole strip club.

Attached: minnie deadmau5.jpg (539x711, 84K)

>capitalism is a system so perfect that no alternatives may be considered
They've been considered. They're just worse.
>now enjoy your Detective Pikachu, Yea Forumsnsumer.
I hate to break it to you but however good or bad Detective Pikachu might be it's not a particularly wild deviation from whatever your favorite pieces of media probably are, especially not the Yea Forums-centric ones. Gains in wealth and living standards due to capitalism have done a lot to liberate artists even if, by its very nature, much of the best art will exist despite (or at least against the grain of) market trends.

No praises Walt as a master artist and animator, as no one is stupid enough to believe that Walt single-handily drew and animated every Disney movie when it's common knowledge it took hundreds of people to put out a single one. You don't have a clue.

I don't believe he hated jews, he was just sympathetic to the Nazi party before WW2. He didn't know that Hitler was going to go on a Jew killing spree.

indeed, it's not capitalism itself that's irredeemable.

it's monopolies and oligopolies. the businesses that control your life and you can't get away from them.

like Disney.

The US government used to break up monopolies. Even during Reagan, they broke up AT&T and phone service finally started getting cheaper and better. Pagers and cell phone service became affordable to consumers during this time. Then all the cellular carriers started merging and we're down to, what, three in the US now?

and at the same time, Disney is buying everything up. They're powerful enough to tell theaters what movies they can show now.

This

You're literally replying to a cartoon where Tezuka drew Disney as a shining religious figure.

I think he influenced him a lil' bit.