Killing him off was such a waste of MBJ. Killmonger should have been kept around as an antihero and eventually redeemed

Killing him off was such a waste of MBJ. Killmonger should have been kept around as an antihero and eventually redeemed.

Attached: BF691CD7-3E43-459D-BDBB-D4CC87985551.jpg (1349x1800, 1.41M)

>antihero
he's a black nazi, dumbo

I would say he was too far gone...but then again they redeemed the monster that was 2012 Loki.

>t.Jamal Darquan

He wanted liberation for oppressed people around the world, not just blacks.

Killing him AND Klaue off was a major mistake. Fuck Marvel for that shit. Both had enormous potential. Klaue could've been a great recurring villain and Killmonger could've been the Vegeta to T'challa's Goku.

>waste of MBJ
They saved his career after the major flop that was Fant4stic

Disney didn't want to be caught dead with a redeemed revolutionary. That might imply that the situation is more complicated than revolutionaries bad, African kings, who work with the US, good.

Less Loki got redeemed, more like the things they ended up fighting were way stronger than him. The one thing you can say is that he went down fighting as Odin's son though.

Not really, it only seemed to be black people.

>antihero
Calling him an anti-hero is like calling the Godfather an anti-hero. The closest he gets to being an anti-hero is a pseudo-anti-villain.

Attached: oh no, killmonger barely scratched her throat, it's going to sting when they put disinfectant o (1920x808, 653K)

No that was Creed.

He specifically said he wanted to "arm oppressed people around the world". That seemed to imply muslims, tibetians, etc.

This movie sucked but I love all the people saying Killmonger was sympathetic being exposed as racist black extremists. He was a piece of shit terrorist. No redemption for him.

>Muslims
>oppressed

Attached: 0D3EAA81-D9B0-4087-806F-BFD6B88A8042.jpg (700x700, 32K)

He said 'people who look like us'

This. Did you fat fangirls forget that he scarred himself for every person he killed? A lot of it innocent people. Over something petty like not seeing the KANGDOM.

GOT ruined redemption arcs in fiction.

He was straight up villain. His powerset was pretty bland. The action scenes are poorly shot for somebody like Ryan Coogler and the horrible CGI ruined any sort tension for the characters. Killmonger dying was fine. It was Klaw that felt like a lost opportunity. I hope they bring him back through some bullshit science.

AYYO FUCK WYPIPO: The Character.

Such depth. Such charisma. Such potential. How will the MCU survive without everything he has to offer?

>He was straight up villain.

Loki killed a Holocaust survivor, slaughtered tone of people and horribly mutilated others in the first Avengers film. Yet he still got redeemed because his accent made fangirls wet their panties.

What terrible deeds you've done really means nothing if your popularity with fangirls outweighs those atrocities. If you're popular, you can be redeemed.

But how are they gonna hire Greg Lansky for a special “Killmonga and da MCU wh*te girls” scene now?!

He said that when he initially met the royal family. After becoming king, he wanted to go bigger.

>killing a “Holocaust Survivor” is worse than killing any other person
OH SAY CAN YOU SEEEEEEEE

Stop being such an offended SJW

It's a shit character that people jerk off as deep despite being a one dimensional terrorist.

Why is he dressed like Vegeta.

Meanwhile reformed space Nazis is fine.

Leave it to an SJW to not see the nuances of the character because they're offended.

Go write a fanfic.

When did Loki kill a Holocaust survivor? Loki was a villain in the Avengers clearly. It was in Dark Wolrd that he was made into an anti hero figure. It's very obvious from his dialogue. Killmonger was irredeemable. He had too much of a dangerous idealogy from getting prosecuted and discriminated. It wouldn't be surprised if he killed all the leaders and most of the soldiers of Wakanda after he was done with his invasion.

>He had too much of a dangerous idealogy from getting persecuted and discriminated

>"Why da white man always gotta be persecutin' an' discrim'natin' 'gainst me when all a bruffa wanna do is kill all white men? Sheeeeeeeeeeeit."

Truly, Kilmonger was a complex villain struggling with is own inner demons.

What space Nazi is redeemed?

Loki probably doesn't even know what the Holocaust is, it's not like he specifically said fuck the Jews. He was also shown to have a lot of doubts about what he was doing but it was too late to stop because big purple would just murder him. And there was more to his character than "fuck whitey". But I agree that he never should have been 100% redeemed. And he wasn't, he got what most reformed villains get which is a heroic death so he can be redeemed without dealing with the fallout from characters who would never forgive him like Tony, Cap, Banner etc.

>my uncle murdered my dad and didn't take me to kang country, so fuck whitey
Wow how nuanced and deep

>A year later and he still offended

>causes a guy to maul himself to death
>kills anyone who stands up to him
>forces group of people to bow to him
>tries to kill a feeble old man who refuses
>"Is this not your natural state?"

All that and yet 1 movie later and Loki was redeemed as being a misunderstood rascal. Just forget about all that really evil shit he did and all the people he killed because he viewed humans as livestock.

Why are people so obsessed with trying to redeem villains who attempted to commit genocide?

its gonna be retconned where he was mInD cOnTrOLlEd by thanks and the mind stone

I think he meant the Red Skull is redeemed by being the eternal guide for the soul stone.

Everyone seems to forget he killed his gf in cold blood. He's absolutely a psychopath

The dude wanted to destroy everything, even Wakanda. It's said multiple time that the world is catching up with Wakanda and not only that he destroyed the heart shaped herb so there could be no ruler after him. He wanted to take everyone down, he wasn't a black saviour like people make him out to be.

You mean the old German guy from Avengers? They didn’t say he was a holocaust survivor.

The only one who really forgives him is his own brother though. Whose completely numb to people whining about war and conquest since he's been slaughtering aliens for thousands of years. None of the humans would ever forgive him. Which is why he dies. It's not like he joins the avengers

>a misunderstood rascal
That's literally what he is to the asgardians, their views are totally different from humans since they're literal gods who travel to different planets and shit. Most of them consider Earth a shitty backwater, even Thor does until he's humbled a bit.

That's not redemption, it's punishment. He's stuck on that fucking planet for all eternity presumably.

>Why are people so obsessed with trying to redeem villains who attempted to commit genocide?

Only the villains people like. Nobody wants Iron Monger or Whiplash or Yellowjacket or Malekith to be redeemed. Nobody even wants them to get revived.

But Loki or Kilmonger were very popular, so people want to see them come back and get redeemed so that they can have happy endings.

Everyone conveniently forgets that

It would a far more interesting character then any of the 1 dimensional heroes. The fall and rise is a great arch, redemption is satisfying in a world of repeated disappointment

Killmonger? Eh maybe, I would've preferred them keep Klaue alive since he'd be a pretty entertaining reoccuring villain thought the MCU.

>Yea Forumsmbler in a nutshell
Are you fucking serious. The man had a flashback delivered by the HEART SHAPED FUCKING HERB in order to drive home by HIS OWN EXECUTED FATHER that deep down, his motivations are those of a pouty child. What the fuck does "arm oppressed peoples all over the world" even mean, that's literally Malekith's motivation technically and Whiplash's and fucking Aldrich Killian's like said.

I liked Killmonger as a villain, and I HATE the idea of him being redeemed or rez'd. Look how badly they emasculated Loki from every movie after Thor 1. Killmonger dodged a bullet.

And his politics BORE me

he was a stupid faggot with anger issues, nothing much to the character

>people
Fangirls. Not people. Fangirls.

>The only one who really forgives him is his own brother
At the beginning of Ragnarok he's revealed to have been impersonating and having cursed Odin into amnesia. There is a distinct lack of Asgardians mass rushing him to be torn apart before Thor can drag him off to Doctor Strange, and he is later seen helping evacuate all the refugees without even a single tacit acknowledgement of his crimes.

I can see them reviving even Thanos, honestly.

Hard to be mad at a guy helping you when there's a much bigger crisis going on.

CN and Disney are different entities. CN is starting to go for a hands off approach, especially towards shows that aren't keeping the lights on.

lmao check this , he signed up for killing Iraqis for lulz and to be able to make a mark on his body
he doesn't give a fuck about oppressed muslims
in fact he didn't give a fuck about oppressed niggas in america, it was only an excuse to fuck shit up

Attached: uwot.png (120x120, 6K)

I’m surprised they give him a pass for shooting his innocent black girlfriend

>Whiplash
I kinda wanted him redeemed. Or rather, old Vanko to be. Guess it's just my homie sense.

I agree they could have done more with him but why does he need to be redeemed into a good guy?

Okay but that first thing. Pay attention to that first thing, pay attention real hard.

Fucking this, does "bury me in the oceans like my ancestors" sound more like empathy or delusional grandeur in the context of someone who literally tried tried to burn away another culture's unique legacy?

Women like bad boys. It's just like Yea Forums liking Azula, there is no gender solidarity when chiseled abs/thicc thighs enter the equation.

Now this, I can understand. Old Anton Vanko was a literal ruskie spy but damn if life didn't deal him a hard hand.

For a movie with a very simple message and premise, there is an astonishing amount of over rationalisation about the motivations of Black Panther characters sometimes.

this
imagine being an audience too stupid for capeshit
Killmonger was a shitty person through and through, an idiot bent on destruction because he worked himself up into a condition
he was fun to watch, and fun to laugh at, especially his "muh ancestors jumping ship" monologue
klaw was much more entertaining though and a much bigger loss

>ruskie spy
Was he? I thought he just got greedy and wanted to profit from weapons he and Stark developed?