Lmao

lmao

Attached: deaths played for laughs.jpg (484x406, 46K)

It's okay when the priviledged are killed, but when monsters die it's bad

are Star's little magic slaves that are stuck inside her wand privileged?

So this basically means the MHC were beyond redemption.

Kek

But why dedicate episodes to Rhomb and Omni making friends with Star? Like, they were close at one point and now she's laughing at their deaths

Sure. It was their privilege to die for Star, the hero of the show.

Attached: critical strike.png (966x520, 381K)

The show wanted to have a status quo changing finale and still keep it light hearted, yet the hero subjectively acted more villainous than anyone in the show.

She killed billions to save a class of 30.

Attached: 15B6AD0E-D6D7-4898-BE7C-BD4F7979536A.jpg (1028x608, 77K)

>It subverted my expectations so therefor it is objectively bad

t. brainlet

Spider with a top hat deserved BETTER!

How does pony head float without the use of magic?

And when Glossaryck told Star he'd be gone she didn't pay attention but when she deleted magic, she then asked if he'd be okay

glossaryck's magic isn't all magic

That kinda fucked me up

Attached: S2E34_Rhombulus_gives_Star_his_chest_diamond.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

wow it's almost like they didn't know in S1/S2 what to do in S3/S4

Subverting expectations is an outcome. It is neither inherently good nor bad.

The problem is not that the show subverted expectations. The problem is that the show had the main character spill an ocean of innocent blood and then told you to root for them.

Ok, so how does she float without the use of magic?

>making joke on genocide over the magical species
I don't get how it can be a fun thing.

Attached: RestInPeaceRhombulus.png (590x835, 168K)

>It subverted my expectations so therefor it is objectively bad
That user mentioned literally nothing about it being objectively bad

air currents

this was kind of a disappointing conclusion... the destruction of magic came out of nowhere, its a stupid idea too. just gave me weird vibes in the end. i feel s1 and s2 were building up to something more interesting, but s3 and s4 have been so weird and disjointed and pointless

Impossible the head would just flop around it would also affect everything else around them.
>came out of nowhere
Toffee wanted to do it.

Ending of SvFoE is on equal level of Korra's season 2 finale. Both shows have unlikable egotistical cunts as main heroes, and their worlds would benefit if either of them wouldn't exist in first place. That's quite impressive to have guts to use characters death as a punchline while keeping universally hated ponyhead alive. You think creators wanted to spit in fans faces?

The ammounts of butthurt this ending generated is amazing, how do you compare it with other wild rides? (Korra, GF, Steven...)

Star is a terrible person and doesn't care about anyone else in her lust for chicano dick. Worse than Mabel.

You know the stuff people normally have inside their heads? Like brain? She doesn't. Hers is vacuum

>Rhombulus shouting "That's my girl!" during Star's princess song
>Showing remorse about the lie about Meteora
>standing with the rest of the commission and doing everything they can to help Moon stop Toffee
It hurts.

Attached: 94574095.png (1000x563, 798K)

GF nd Steven were both rushed, but didn't betray the spirit of the series. GF had the cop-out of restoring Stan's memories, SU converted white diamond to the good side too fast, but neither of those made me angry at the series.

>irredeemable racist
ftfy

Korra was always mediocre
Adventure Time's hiatuses deprived the show of any meaning
Gravity Falls just kinda fell apart
Star vs fluctuated a lot. The first two seasons were great, the second two not so much, with the fourth having very baffling decisions and character turns. The ending itself felt like the writers were sick and tired of everything and just wanted stop. To stop carrying is worse than to just have bad ideas

He did the worst crime any being on this earth could do: being racist
If you're a racist you have NO other qualities or traits WHATSOEVER and must DIE

For GF I felt that the entire story didn't feel fleshed out, from Bill to the symbols. Otherwise the final it self was pretty standard

SU was a dissapointmet from the pacing to the fights to the resolution with White Diamond.

I would believe you if Mina wasn't alive and well and still racist.

"My gut says she's evil"
He was right all along

Attached: Gut feeling.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

>you expected logic and stortyelling and got neither, you are so le dumb XkcD

Didn't they helped Star and Moon to find Ludo and Book of Spell back in Season 2? Wasn't Hekapoo more racist and hates Eclipsa more than Rhombulus in Season 3? Hell, wasn't Rhombulus supposed to be arrested in fucking second half of Season 4?

The MHC weren't originally intended to be villians, Nefcy had only written up two seasons worth of material so when Disney ordered two more seasons. So the MHC were hastily rewritten to be bad guys so the audience wouldn't feel bad when they died.

Attached: Star.vs.The.Forces.of.Evil.S03E05.Scent-Of-A-Hoodie-Rest-In-Pudding_DXD_ModClub_1080.mp4_snapshot_11 (1920x1080, 217K)

During Pizza Party they had Rhombulus gloating along the lines of "Oh no, don't arrest me! No, not the dungeon!", implying that the "arrest" was something the MHC were all in on too.

Wait wasnt season 2 ending on a cliffhanger

You're an idiot. Stop drinking cool aid.

Rhombulus imprisoned innocent people against their will for hundreds of years. The evidence he used would be flimsy at times or he would make up an excuse. Anyone who "got in the way" would ended up imprisoned. Goat master kept him in check of a while and look what happened to him.

The worse thing is the victims weren't allowed to live or die. The crystal kept their conciseness but they were essentially trapped in their own bodies, encased by a glass coffin with only their only thoughts possibly forever.

Star only put up with him at best. Rhombulus is better off dead.

>and their worlds would benefit if either of them wouldn't exist in first place
Korra actually saved the world. The dark avatar was going to kill all the humans.

Wasn't Korra the one who allowed Unalaq to make a pact with NotSatan in the first place?

Nigga his gut was always right

No, he basically forced her to let the guy out by holding one of Tenzin's kids hostage. Then he beat the shit out of Korra, ripped Raava out of her and murdered it.

No

t. Rhombulus

No, I mean earlier than that. Unalaq tricked her into opening the portals that allowed him to get into the spirit realm in the first place.

Toffee was good all along.

>villain baits the hero into doing something
>somehow it's the hero's fault

>Dad says don't do it
>friends say don't do it
>Better trust the villain

Attached: hildachew 1552732302.gif (360x360, 25K)

To be fair, he's her uncle. That's family talking instead of just some random guy.

>spirits attacks the town
>just ignore them! I mean, you are the avatar and that is your duty but still

The things is that privilege is supposed to be artificial, more like the way the Queens only had access to the wand when actually it could be wielded by anyone.

But magic is innate to the existence of Spells and the MHC. So if the magic is inherently bad making it's destruction just, the same applies to this whole group of sentient beings.
Basically Star defeats bigotry driven genocide through another genocide, justified by the logic of bigotry.

The MHC don't die because they where doing bad things, they die because their existence is a bad thing.

Could firstborn have been saved with pudding like Tom was? If not, is it because she is from that realm and her corruption worked differently? Like fuck they literally refer to her as Star's daughter and then she, with every other magic spawned creature, dies a horrible and unceremonious death. Why was Star so unmotivated to at least provide some closure to the creatures she was killing if their deaths were apparently a necessary sacrifice. Just a 1 minute scene of her (and maybe Moon & Eclipsa as well, though Moon's spells were not well established) going into the wand and thanking the spells for their service. I just wanted some small acknowledgement that Star, and the writers for that matter, knew what they were doing with this ending. The MHC I don't feel as bad for (though they are likable characters) because they had autonomy and their actions of abusing magic in part led to their deaths. Not to mention some of them were suicidal and/or war criminals. But the writers seemed to have forgotten about all the magical creatures which had no part in this and valued their lives. Was the only point to doop doop's character to show that some magic creatures are in need of mercy killings?

Attached: 65994205cc6b21a2da1c0b4a63de053de910a4aev2_hq.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

True, but even if she is ultimately innocent, it doesn't disprove when he says that if Korra didn't exist in the first place, all that bullshit wouldn't have happened.

>if Korra didn't exist in the first place, all that bullshit wouldn't have happened.
Without Korra you get a different avatar that would have done the same thing. Korra wasn't the problem.

Maybe we would have gotten a smart Avatar who wouldn't have fallen for Unalaq's crap.

Propelled by constant farting

the problem is while the show says "all magic", all info in the show itself tends to go toward "glossary's magic" which helped establish the butterflie's kingdom, but itsn't the only source by itself.

What you hate about the show is how it went from being written by a white girl to a being written by a jewish man.

You dislike it because you're antisemitic! /pol/ go home!!

Attached: 1557975141680.png (395x340, 236K)

>when they died.
but why kill them though? before that finale nothing really establish that they are summoned creatures.

>because they had autonomy and their actions of abusing magic in part led to their deaths.
Did it.
Honestly it would bug me less if they died confronting Star but they would have died whether or not they changed their minds at the last minute, as Hekapoo showed.

The show doesn't frame the destruction of magic as this 'heat of the moment/better in the long run thing', it frames it as magic just being inherently bad and it's death inevitable for society to progress.
Therefore the MHC and all magical creatures had to die for the betterment of society. Just like Mina's thinking on Monsters except apparently Star was right.

Also the MHC, while always iffy, where never portrayed as being more irredeemable untill the last half, where they stopped being characters and started being prop antagonists to carry the plot along.
If anything it'd have been better to have them be the Final Boss over Mina, then at least they could delve into their thinking.

They would've still been a teenager and teenagers always make stupid decisions. It's part of the growing process.

>They would've still been a teenager and teenagers always make stupid decisions.
Fuck americans and that lazy educational myth.

>The show doesn't frame the destruction of magic as this 'heat of the moment/better in the long run thing', it frames it as magic just being inherently bad and it's death inevitable for society to progress.
That was only Star's opinion and there would have been many other ways to get rid of the solarian warriors
they just wanted to have a shitty ending that just had to completely ruin the setting of the show

>tumblrinas seething
>Yea Forums is even more autistic
I love it. I fucking LOVE it. Based Nefcy btfo autists.

Are you pretending?

they need magic to live which is why moon took their entropy bodies to the magic sanctuary