Regular Show is literally the ONLY show from the 10s with a great finale...

Regular Show is literally the ONLY show from the 10s with a great finale. Jesus Christ why did every show have to drop the ball so hard with the final episode?

Attached: regular show final episode.jpg (1334x750, 98K)

>great
Hold your horses, cowboy. It was fine.

Regular Show's whole final season was kind of garbage.

it was, but it gave us an actual ending showing the characters were gonna be all right after the shit that happened

>ends with Rigby asking to be reincarnated as a pterodactyl with a huge dick
I can't think of any better way to end any show.

>Adventure Time ending SUCKED
>Gravity Falls ending was rushed as shit
>Samurai Jack ending was rushed and lackluster
>Star Vs ending SUCKED HARD
>The Boondocks ending (entire final season actually) was a fucking spit in the face to everybody
>Game of Thrones ending was the biggest disappointment in television history
>Legend of Korra ending was a mess and SJW pandering bullshit
What in the fuck went wrong?

Attached: 1552526827986.jpg (480x467, 39K)

At least Gravity Falls got that nice epiloge comic, and though not really canon you can always take the alt ending from the IDW Samurai Jack comic too.

Gravity Falls could have gone down as the greatest cartoon of the 2010s if Alex Hirsch wasn’t a fucking lazy hack who acted like a cunt because Disney wouldn’t let him put a bunch of adult shit in the show. Considering the show actually got away with a lot of really dark and twisted shit, he should be thankful. 3 seasons and a movie to end the series was the original plan until he just said fuck it and ended the series so suddenly.

He knew what he was getting into when he signed up for Disney. This isn’t Adult Swim you fucking manlet. Sorry I’m just still salty how he fucked up Gravity Falls because of his ego.

Attached: 4E8FB955-85E6-4BCE-B3CC-5E2CF5C81033.jpg (1029x902, 117K)

I'm not gonna say that he shouldn't have expected to compromise, but I'm not surprised that it would be exhausting to constantly argue with Disney execs in order to simply tell the story that you want to.

Over the Garden Wall was still pretty great.

Attached: otgw.jpg (1280x720, 23K)

never even bothered to watch the finale or the last like 3 seasons
there's only a handful of episodes after s2 that are worth watching

When talking about Boondocks finale, are we talking S3 (the real, final season) or that absolute shitshow S4?

>What in the fuck went wrong?
>Adventure Time
marginalized the main characters
>Gravity Falls
The showrunner started a lore show and then killed it before he actually explained half his lore. A lot of shit went nowhere. The ending took up 3 fucking episodes of a show that was already too damn short for what it set out to do and spent most of that dicking around.
>Star Vs
actual fucking genocide
>Boondocks
did not watch
>Game of Thrones
Everyone acting stupid and out of character, nothing poetic about any character fates, shittons of loose plot threads
>Korra
Not that bad other than the half-assed attempt at pandering at the very end that was only there as a fuck you to the network

Also
>Samurai Jack
The entire series became fucking pointless with everything after the first time he passed up a path home double pointless

But he should have already knew that of course there would be restrictions. It’s Disney. And looking back, they did give Alex a lot of control. Some of the stuff that aired on GF was really dark. He just threw a hissy fit because he couldn’t put a bunch edgy mature jokes in a show aimed at kids

No, not even Regular Show gets away, you absolute fanboy.

Season 4 shitshow. God that still hurts. I hope Aaron Mcgurder revives the Boondocks for one more season with him back in charge. The series should not have went out like that

Phineas and Ferb had a good finale too

Wander Over Yonder had a decent finale.

Didn’t he only end Gravity Falls so soon because of Disney fucking up really bad?

Nah Alex Hirsch ended it suddenly because he couldn’t have his way at Disney

That’s not what happened at all though. What’s with all these tinfoil spergs on here recently?

Didn't Johnny Bravo technically had an ending in the 2010s? I remember that Bollywood special aired in 2011.

>recently
this place is tinfoil sperg central, unfortunately

No, Hirsch killed GF, not Disney. It's really rare that a creator kills a show over the wishes of a network, but it happens.

Hirsch literally said himself that Gravity Falls was planned to have 3 seasons and a movie . Disney was 100% all on board and wanted Hirsch to make as much GF as possible because it was a hit. Hirsch ended things with just two seasons and the result was the show being rushed to hell and back . He even stated himself Disney wanted more GF but he declined. In most interviews he does now, he talks about the Disney censorship and all the S&P battles he had. He ended the show prematurely because he was tired of working at Disney. This isn’t tinfoil this is a fact

Attached: 2AE5F40A-CE85-41D8-9081-2FAC64560777.jpg (236x214, 7K)

Link for where he said the show would be 3 seasons and a movie long?

I will try to find the link. He said GF was going to be 3 seasons and have a beginning, middle and end and a movie to wrap things up. In the same video he also talked about Dipper getting a friend . Either that friend was scrapped for Ford or Ford was the friend all along is something we may never know

This entire decade is cursed

>Adventure Time ending SUCKED

>Tfw stopped watching AT before the 1/3rd of entire show had been concluded, as I found that cringey
>Came back to witness Finn turned into an amputee incel

I've never been so glad to have dropped a show like a hot garbage.

Attached: 1536010857798.jpg (719x596, 192K)

Didn’t they have most of the plot points for the ending thought out by the end of season 1 production? No amount of filler and exposition would of saved it from the finished product we have today.

I watched up untill Jake's puppies had their own episodes for some reason.

It sucked. It all sucked incredibly hard. I was hoping for the fun show with businessmen trapped in ice and armour that was totally t-tk to come back but it never did.

Panty & Stocking preemptively cursed anyone daring to actually end a cartoon this decade back in 2010.

Attached: 1545443277787.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

It’s really funny you claim that since Hirsch begged Disney for a movie but they denied him. Property was too small

not counting the future episode, phineas & ferb's ending was pretty good

>Clarence ending was perfect

I know I bitched during the RS series finale, but now that I look back, it was almost everything I could ask for from such a long show like that. Everything else afterward couldnt deliver to half of what RS did, even when they killed off one of the main cast.

Clarence.

Hoo boy you don't get that anymore, user. You gotta have a deep and mundane real world spin to the nonsensical magical world filled with talking mountains and shit

>Regular Show
>Over The Garden Wall
>Clarence
There.

TV execs want cartoons that can be played constantly without worrying about story or continuity (Spongebob, TTGo, Johnny Test, e.t.c.). While all the creators of the shows you mentioned tried their hand at making shows with a story behind them, but had to fight with execs constantly and make a lot of compromises, so it feels like we get jibbed from all that potential they've built up over the seasons.(along with various other issues)

That's why streaming services are a good place for future cartoons if you want to make an overarching storyline.

Attached: 1500348832859.jpg (640x640, 112K)

Yea Forumsmrades of taste

Attached: tonightyou.jpg (351x416, 74K)

Based and redpilled motherfuckers.

Attached: Tintin-face.png (1280x1024, 296K)

>the cartoon that got trashed the most by Yea Forums had the best finale
Ironic, isn't it? Have you apologized yet?

Attached: 1535609561472.jpg (1200x800, 98K)

How did Clarence end? I stopped watching around the creator sexual harassment drama

It was alright, nothing amazing. The epilogue montage with Bowie's Heroes is what really left an impression. But even then, the literal who? Mordecai ends up with was kinda dumb considering all the shipping bullshit we had to go through with CJ and Margaret..
At least with Star Vs. the ship sets sail and stays afloat after all the shit we trudged through in S3 and 4, even if it was at the cost of hell on earth and the end of all magical creatures...

Attached: bensonmug.png (470x419, 303K)

>Have you apologized yet?

Why should I?
It is one of the very few cartoons I watch episodes of every now and then.

Attached: 1359301044010.gif (500x274, 989K)

>But even then, the literal who? Mordecai ends up with was kinda dumb

Oneitis is a recipe for disaster. A lot of stable relationships start within ones area of profession.

Voltron

Basically every show with lore these days can't plan shit out to save their life. Every cartoon is going off the rails because they plan this fantastic epic story but don't plan it out properly.

I'm actually really surprised and glad that actual news publications are calling out GoT for being terrible. They could have easily gone into the whole "entitled fans" thing but I guess considering GoT was probably one of the biggest TV phenomenons ever, these folks were real fans of it.

It's just like GoT. HBO would have given D&D a literal blank check to do as much as they wanted for as long as they wanted. HBO was hoping for 10 full seasons. They got 6 seasons and then two half seasons to wrap it up because D&D were done and wanted that Star Wars money

What happened, I don't keep up with Peter Stringfellows' Lord of the Rings

Yeah as said, Voltron's ending is clear that the problem is the writers, not the format

I don’t watch GoT, what happened?

>the cartoon that got trashed the most by Yea Forums
Regular Show was not the most trashed cartoon by Yea Forums at all

Romantic subplots, over hyping episodes that lead to nothing, going full retard with the lore, making way too many episodes about side characters and other shit im probably forgeting

It was back when it was airing.

>Dat feel when Finn's tombstone is shown broken in the opening sequence of AT finale and Bmo doesn't even remember his name
That was just spiteful.

But not the most

Didn’t Voltron get dicked by WEP?

He got mad bc Disney took so long to air episodes that all the adults he knew were watching pieced together his twists, and so it wasn’t fun for him to draw it out anymore

Yeah, I thought the "the writers hate Finn" thing was just people being asshurt at how he was being treated, but that really sold me on the idea. Actually felt like a passive aggressive attack on him, what the fuck.

OP you're upset over game of thrones aren't you?

Posting the true 2010’s kino ending

Attached: E2351FE6-422E-4582-8D15-B134E19045CF.png (1334x750, 2.12M)

I don’t the controversy.
Or why people keep talking about it here.

It's the only show that "just ended" that I could guess OP is currently upset about, that's why I bring it up.

I find the whole thing funny though because last week people here, on reddit, at work, and fucking everywhere were mad about the direction they "knew" the show was going, then it goes somewhere else and they're upset again because it didn't do the terrible ending they expected and they need to explain why the ending it went with was bad.

It's like they've never watched an anime adaption before.

I think he's talking about Star Vs.

Did that end too? People are still watching it?

Ahem.

Attached: wander thumbsup.gif (606x525, 1.55M)

M8 go look at the catalog right now, Yea Forums's been plastered with Star vs. threads since yesterday.

Gumball will have an amazing finale at least

>no link
tinfoilers btfo again

>Samurai Jack ending was rushed and lackluster
Eh, I kinda liked it despite that.

>What in the fuck went wrong?
Nepotism. Too many of the writers are sjws who brought other sjws who was unskilled hacks and couldn't write for shit but kept their jobs because of nepotism.

The last two seasons were half-order seasons and they rushed through the ending they'd been building up to since 2011. Most people who liked the show seem to have been disappointed with the finale, which aired last night.

>Have a hit TV show
>One of the most popular cartoons in recent history
>Disney is literally ready to throw endless money at you to keep it going
>end the show abruptly because you can’t put in dick jokes and gore

Is there a bigger hack than Alex Hirsch?

Attached: 468CFE46-49D4-468E-8F86-C4C9930CB256.jpg (450x450, 160K)

Because all those shows were written by proven hacks who are lazy

Gravity Falls was planned to have 3 seasons. This was confirmed by Disney after the 1st season aired and became a huge hit. I remember this clearly, because I was one of those autists who maintained the GF's wiki (*not the english one, so you can spare me arguments like saying their articles have no citations, etc, because I didn't volunteer for that one).
I never heard about a movie though.

As for the link, I don't think user is gonna deliver it. Things like these are very hard to find after some time. Even more if a show was popular, because the internet always gets flooded with clickbait articles,.

>Disney channel show for kids
>allowed to show guns, body horror, death threats to children, and “old man mc suck it”
What the fuck did he want to put in?

Rebecca Sugar

Over the Garden Wall's ending still makes me tear up with satisfaction and I've watched it a hundred times :') my only problem with otgw is that it was so good nothing will ever be as good again

Attached: Patrick+McHale+Cartoon+Network+New+York+Comic+c-68SYE5t1_l.jpg (594x396, 46K)

So, among modern animation series, only Regular show had kino ending?
I only remember Futurama having a decent one also.
Over the garden wall doesn't count since it's more like a one big cartoon.
AT ending was trash.
Samurai Jack ending was trash.
Metalocalypse got no ending at all
Archer hasn't end but went into some generic meme field
What else?

Attached: 3035474.jpg (672x935, 76K)

Ed, Edd & Eddy's Big Picture Show

>stopped watching SU after season 3
>stopped watching Adventure Time after season 3
>Never watched Star Vs.
>Watched Regular Show all the way to the end
Feels good man

WOY ending was great

Futurama had like, 3 endings, and all of them were pretty good.

Apparently at the Gravity Falls wrap up party, Alex Hirsch read a long list of stuff the censors wouldn’t let him put into the show. What did he fucking expect? It’s fucking Disney

Attached: 1048A24A-4525-495D-B593-034A340C153F.jpg (249x249, 10K)

is it weird that, if I were a showrunner I'd be genuinely interested in trying to work WITHIN disney censorship?

I guess it's a 'too clever by half' situation where I think I'm going to either be able to reason* or slip something by show creators. I used to have this idea once for a show where characters shouted interjections in dead languages.

*one thing I've always wanted to do is argue to censors that it's important for heroes to use words like 'die, kill, or death', because it has subtext that they acknowledge life as life. Villains say 'destroy, erase,' and so on because true villains see life as nothing more than a toy for them to break and discard.

Fuck yeah hater!

>Regular Show is literally the ONLY show from the 10s with a great finale

The Americans had a great finale, and the last part of Twin Peaks: The Return is great, if it is the end of Twin Peaks.

Show ran out of material work with, so the writers had to actually their own(fanfic) material to end it on and they sucked at it. Those same writers are also hired to helm the new trilogy of Star Wars after Episode 9 btw.

They didn't hide it

Attached: AT staff.png (590x724, 744K)

because it was a sitcom that wasn't trying to build into some grander story.

I bet that literally who dad would've been a better writer

Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard

Never would i have thought Regular Show would end up having the best finale.

Attached: 01.jpg (1988x3056, 906K)

Even worse Mordecai got paired with literally who.

Jolly good show

Official word is that he was worried Disney wouldn't renew the show for a third season, so he crammed the planned second and third season into one. Then Disney did want to renew the show, but it was too late to continue it. People suspect there's more to it than that, though.

No it wasn’t you fucking autist. Disney doesn’t even announce seasons like that.

Literally Ducktales . They announced season 2 before season 1 even aired retard

Same with Amphibia IIRC

You know exactly what I meant. They do not commonly announce two season renewals. Wouldn’t you think articles from when Gravity Falls second season was announced would of ALSO talked about the third season that was supposedly announced with it as user stated?

Did JG new show get cancelled or something ?

>it's another "people complain about how shitty finales have been this decade asking for any good examples, completely forgetting Wander over Yonder's solid ending and omitting it from lists" episode

Get a fucking grip retards

Attached: 1444476727565.png (1920x1025, 1.63M)

He was a wiki editor iger himself told him there would be a third season

That's ok Star Wars has sucked for over 25 years now

>Over The Garden Wall

You can't count that, it's a miniseries. That's like going "wow this movie really stuck the landing what a good body of work" it's technically true but not the same thing.

Wander has been mentioned at least 3 other times this thread.

Now Ben 10 Omniverse, THATS an overlooked finale: the BenBowl became a literally game show competition and we got to see George Washington fighting aliens. Beautifully absurd

Attached: F66DB0A4-51B6-451D-AC60-1D5273380445.png (397x288, 196K)

I´ll wait with that verdict untill the finale of the show with small equines which shall not be named later this year.

On the one hand it makes sense for Mordo to get with someone else, that shows him growing up and finally moving from his past.

On the other hand like I said, if they went for a more dark ending, Mordo final scenes and eventual hook up make more sense. Time speeds up in space as seen in the God of Basketball episode were just a few minutes made a month pass on earth, by that logic by the time they return from space everyone they know should be dead or old. Mordo painting pictures of Margaret and CJ is him coping with their loss and getting it on with Delicious Goth Bat Tits is finally moving on from his grieve

OTGW gonna be the greatest series of this decade
Unless something wholesome appears in the next months
We knows that's Not gonna happen

Attached: 1557757550444.jpg (750x523, 97K)