So Is Tom King's Batman any good?

So Is Tom King's Batman any good?

Attached: A1rVqE7rS1L.jpg (1699x2560, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ThatCmonster/status/1101783512531623937
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's so bad its defenders can't even hide behind sales figures anymore.

Oh hey, it’s the event that lost DC the trust it was trying to build up and lost comic stores thousands.

Really what happened?
All i know is the Catwoman shit and thats it

King writes Batman as a reflection of himself, and it turns out King has about a hundred things deeply, deeply wrong in his brain, making his version of Batman almost unbearable to read.

oh so a self insert shit

just this last issue bruce punched tim right in the face

there is 0 redeeming of this entire run. kingfags have been so BTFO in every issue they've just disappeared

Why is Bruce acting like a cunt.

Attached: DV.png (390x316, 92K)

>Why is Bruce acting like a cunt.
Because Catwoman left him at the altar because Bane.

One thing about King is that his stories aren't good if you read them one issue every two weeks, but if you read them almost all in one day they're really fucking good.
Mister Miracle was amazing, and Batman isn't even close to finish, it will end in issue 100 if i'm not mistaken

No and having fucked over that couple he is now making Batman an abusive father
this guy has issues

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Batman is a Superhero.
He is dark but he is a Superhero.
He is tortured but he is a Supehero.
I could go on but the point is that as a Superhero there are certain things he cannot, does not, and must not do. Like beating his sidekick.

/thread

Attached: King and Janin.jpg (1988x3056, 2.08M)

>BATCATBATCATBATCAT
It's whatever. The storytelling just isn't interesting and Batman is too much of a bore. Multiple "shock" twists that barely end up adding to anything. I ship Batman and Catwoman but this run has just been sleep inducing. I think the only thing that interested me in the run was the Doomsday Clock tie in but that has also gotten pretty boring.

100% Yes. Sales figures are not always the final say on the matter.

I have a sudden urge to enlist.

It's been an amazing and rewarding experience. I can see how brainlets may find it frustrating though. It's not for everyone, just like Morrison's run.

I know King is a hack and a total psychopath but this is a great panel.

Attached: batman-and-thomas-wayne-batman.jpg (1041x1600, 367K)

Are you high, I will give that the first half of Miracle started ok (just ok) but then it nosedived into shit when King clearly was just stalling and decompressing the fuck out of the book because he only had enough Story for 6 Issues

Shoo shills

Vade Retro Shills. Don't come close to this thread. We have Powers. Political Powers!

>bumping your own thread calling people shills more than once
but why though? no one cares but you

>3D comic
Who buys this shit?

In what context would bruce ever punch tim in the face? Besides Dick's the one writers like to have batman punch

>Yo Bruce you been actin’ funkay after that whole Catwoman thing, you okay dawg-
>DON’T TOUCH ME YOU FUCKING ORPHAN WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LOVE

I just read the last issue and I don't know how anyone can delude themselves into thinking he's a good Batman writer. Even if the overarching plot/characterization was better there'd still be the stilted ass retarded dialogue and narration where everyone sounds like a meme character.

I AM BANE is literally the only somwehat enjoyable arc from this otherwise dumpster fire of a run. I don't know why he still has fans.

i am gotham and i am bane are good the rest is crap

About as good as Slotts Spiderman.

Dialogue has a theatrical stylization. It's a choice that defends itself pretty well given the way story shapes, but if you don't like it than go back to the kiddie capes, son.

Don't you have some story arcs to rehash Tom?

Worthless pile of excrements.
Tom King is overhyped Bendis tier garbage for normie anti-intellectuals

Attached: disgust.jpg (768x576, 56K)

If Shakespeare was still alive, he'd sue King for stealing his work (s).

Who deserves to take over after King? Tomasi? Tynion IV? Seeley?

If big willy was alive he'd she everyone for stealing his work.

>it's so bad its defenders can't even hide behind sales figures anymore.

For a run that's been going for something like 70 issues it's selling well. It's divisive among people, sure. I don't deny that. But to try and paint it as a sales disaster isn't true when it's regularly been in the top 5/top 10 each month.

>Why is Bruce acting like a cunt.

You new to Batman?

>just this last issue bruce punched tim right in the face

Oh no, Batman hit someone! How will fanboys ever recover!?

>there is 0 redeeming of this entire run
>kingfags have been so BTFO in every issue they've just disappeared

This is just delusional butthurt at this point.

>it's tom king
>it's a shill
Great comeback once again. The Anti-King Autist Corps is filled with some witty motherfuckers.

He gave us Kite-man, Hell Yeah.

But in all seriousness, he presented a bunch of interesting ideas. But didn't quite execute them properly and a lot of his work on Batman smacks of the notion that "true art is angsty". Batman can brood, superheroes can have terrible days and moments of weakness. But he focuses on the angst so wearily often that they stop being Heroes and simply become mental health cases. As if being a Superhero is merely a outlet for their lack of mental well being is more compelling and than instead of, I dunno, their desire to protect and help people or some shit shit.

The main problem is that King isn't edited properly. A good editor would step in and tell him to change something, to do an idea better, to put more effort in, etc.
The story is, King wanted David Finch to illustrate a specific scene. Finch was on vacation with his family and the editor at the time told King that this won't fly. The man is on vacation, leave him alone. King threw a bitch fit, got the editor removed from Batman and had Finch illustrate the scene anyways.
Ever since then, the quality of Batman has been steadily falling with stupider and stupider scenes passing quality control.
An example everyone brings up is Catwoman kicking 3 Flashes unconscious within seconds as they were running towards her. Even taking into account they (along with billions of other people) were mind-controlled by Ivy, this is still straining plausibility. One Flash, okay maybe. Three in a row? Not a chance.
There's more problems, like with Catwoman supposedly loving Batman, but sometimes talking about him as if she held some kind of not-so-secret disdain for him. Or the "clever" dialogue (two-to-two, too).
King has the fundamentals of writing a story down pat, but he's unrefined, lacking in a proper editor, and I'm willing to bet he hasn't read that many novels to have a proper foundation for storytelling.
As Stephen King put it (paraphrased): To be a good writer you need to write a lot and read a lot.

>One Flash, okay maybe. Three in a row? Not a chance.

Even though it's Ivy controlling the entire world and thus can't use Flashses to their full speed? Come on.

>like with Catwoman supposedly loving Batman, but sometimes talking about him as if she held some kind of not-so-secret disdain for him

That's very much Selina's nature though. She's like a cat that has issues with commitment and her talking like that is part of the defense mechanism because their entire relationship is a cat and mouse game of hot and cold.

Whoever takes over after King, please have them delet King's entire run, DC. Retcon it, shit all over it, write it out of existence. Please

Okay Tom

She can, apparently, control the world perfectly enough to keep all the infrastructure in place without collapsing for days. The idea that she can't access enough of the Flash's speedforce to be a threat is a contradiction. She's either competent or she's not.
>their entire relationship is a cat and mouse game of hot and cold
No, there's playing cat and mouse, but there are moments where Bats is out of the picture and she still talks low about him. If this were any other writer, it would come off more as a dom/sub type of thing which would be appropriate given each of their outfits. However, since this is King we're talking about, a man with self-worth issues that would make any psychiatrist erect at the mere thought of having him as a patient, Catwoman's opinions of Batman become much more malicious.
Your wish is granted. Bendis takes over Batman and ignores all continuity he doesn't like.

I wonder what their reunion is going to be like. I can legit see rape happening.

True, I doubt Catwoman will ask or care if Batman consents to some violent bondage sex.

>Bendis
Fug

I wonder what would Batman look like if he actually got married and had kids

imagine Batman Beyond Bruce, but upright and more colour in his hair.

That would be awesome if Grampa Bruce and Granny Selina were in Batman Beyond and then Terry McGinnis would start dating their granddaughter

>You guys are stupid. They're going to be looking for army guys

Why the FUCK does he love Bane so much?

Attached: 46BD43D0-480B-44AD-B4A7-F9E3DC08AE56.jpg (575x330, 372K)

>? Seeley?

Because when Bane isnt the mastermind in a plot then hes relegated to dumb brute

I'll wager King was probably in his mid-to-late teens when Knightfall was happening, so in his mind Bane is cemented as a mastermind.

I wanted wholesome waynemanor banter between selina and/or alfred, but no, happy nuclear families aren't allowed when fatherless mcgee is writing. I just realized the reason, on a metal level, he had thomas wayne, thomas FUCKING wayne side with bane against bats, is because king's mad at his daddy for abandoning him.

fpbp
Its what makes DChads separate from marvelcucks.

Nah, too easy. It requires that one has self-awareness and he doesn't, not in that way. It also requires introspection, which King obviously doesn't do. He's a creature of the unconscious and if something threatens to move from the unconscious to the conscious, he must nix it. Otherwise, the realization will come crashing down that he need a shrink, post-haste. More than likely, Thomas Wayne joined Bane because it's Shocking©

Attached: 2949836-transmetropolitan_spider_jerusalem_desktop_975x1522_wallpaper-1092826.png (959x489, 813K)

*selina and alfred and/or damian

he has an anti-dad reflex, it's not a matter of self awareness. He doesn't do it consciously. But no one can convince me, that while motherhood is infinitely more celebrated than fatherhood, the guy, whose fatherlessness affected him so badly, that on fucking father's day, the one day a few people remember to celebrate fathers, barely, made a post saying father's day should also be about celebrating single mother's, who do a father's job too, happened to have bruce wayne at odds with his father, without at all being influenced by his personal stuff. That shit ain't a coincidence.

Come on user, there's a good chance that Hulk smashing Batmat was s fluke.

This month's sales numbers will be worth keeping an eye on. If Hulk wins again then it's time for batfags to panic.

The tweet I believe was conscious, but the story not so much. When writing in the moment, the writer goes with whatever comes to mind and this is influenced by his experiences in life and only later would he be able to see why he added a gigantic penis monster pestering the main hero.

Absolutely stellar run. I adore it, and have since the beginning. I understand some people hate it, but those people are fucking retards.

Sure thing, King

What do you think the chance is that King (or one of his understudies) legitimately visits places like Yea Forums to shitpost?

Why even bother, though? It’s the equivalent of calling people “idiot”.

Honestly I don't dislike it.
It's quite heavy and sometimes I get the hate but it's ok overall. King had some good ideas too.

Why is Superman and Spiderman allowed to have a waifu while Bruce can't?

>muh dark knight

>muh grimdark knight

King seems to flat out hate Bruce/Batman and has gone out of his way to make him & his choices to be a crime fighter as laughably stupid...even though he's saved the world several times. On the other hand King completely adores Catwoman and she can do no wrong including inexplicable feats of skill well beyond her established skill set all while being King's mouthpiece about how stupid Bruce is.

I think King is a decent writer of his own stuff but has neither love nor inclination for capeshit.

Nolan and Snyder made him a brooding cuck who is afraid of commitment and romance. He became more of a philosophy than a normal human being. Batman was better in the old school Burton movies.

King has a thing where he puts pussy on a pedestal.

>tfw the Schumacher interpretation never took the world by storm
>tfw Batman never got a campy resurrection

So, a white knight?

I hope Pattison Batman is the return to the campy roots of grimdark black humor of Burton era. I think it was the closest to Batman Animated Series "theme"

I want them to go back, but to the 70s era where Batman was campy and dark.

"Not good" does not quite cover it.

Hey, don't put this on Nolan. He was obsessed over Rachel for two movies and fucked Talia in Rises.

>ust this last issue bruce punched tim right in the face
People still care about Tim? He's the obsolete Robin.
Can you even call Tim his sidekick?

>The idea that she can't access enough of the Flash's speedforce to be a threat is a contradiction.
No it's not, it's easy to give robots commands but that doesn't mean the robot will carry out the demand in the most optimal manner.

She's controlling the entire world and nothing is falling apart and there is no crisis beyond her mind-control. Nuclear reactors, hydro-electric dams, various factories (you have to shut those down so they don't break and spew more toxic crap in the water, especially the ones in China), etc. This requires that things run not only in an okay manner, but an *optimal* one.
But let's say for the sake of argument that things aren't running optimally, and things are kind of falling apart but off-screen, and nobody bothered to establish it. Three Flashes, running at Catwoman, even at sub-optimal speed still wouldn't allow her enough time to debilitate them with a single strike each. At best, she could get two, if we're being generous.

>and this is influenced by his experiences
Yes. We agree. The anti-dad roots of thomas as an enemy aren't conscious, but I'm sure that's the core of it.

It's good up to the wedding, and then it gets good again with the recent chapter.

Literally anyone would be better

Now that we got that out of the way, a thought occurred to me. It's more than likely bullshit, but I find it amusing: what if Tom King has a bit of an Oedipus complex and sees himself more worthy of his mother than his father was? And now Thomas Wayne is his way of defeating the father so he can become worthy of being his mother's lover?

Attached: 1393815842951.jpg (272x252, 8K)

Let's see, King believes
>dad bad, or gone
>mommy above all
>man needs woman's support to survive
dunno, you might be up to something

Even Bendis?

Maybe she simply cannot make Flash run too fast because it'd require so much focus to simultaneously process lightning speed information while also controlling rest of humanity at comparative snail speed and that's why they're essentially on cruise control instead of top speed. I mean she'd have to be able to simultaneously live in completely opposite sides of the speed spectrum in real time and not fuck, WHILE controlling the entire planet. That's a lot of work. Makes sense she's kinda half-assing it with speedsters.

He's a big guy.

I love Yea Forums has descended so far into hating King they're now writing hate fanfiction about his supposed mental issues.

>Three Flashes, running at Catwoman, even at sub-optimal speed still wouldn't allow her enough time to debilitate them with a single strike each
Speedsters get tagged all the time so yeah I can easily accept mind-control flashes getting tagged by a peak human reflexes.

Dude, there's around 7.5 billion people on the planet. If she can control all of that at the same time, then speedforce shouldn't present much of an issue. Even so, she doesn't need them to run faster than the speed of sound, but just fast enough to get to Batman and Catwoman and incapacitate them. This still doesn't give Catwoman enough time to hit all three of them, one after another, with enough force to down them without issue.
When he stops injecting them into capeshit, I'll stop writing about them.
>peak human reflexes
Peak human reflexes cannot beat out speed-force boost + peak human reflexes, even if the speed-force isn't tapped into fully.

They do the same thing with Rebirth too, they turned a marketing scheme into a fight for the very soul of DC comics between didio and Johns.

>Peak human reflexes cannot beat out speed-force boost + peak human reflex
They have before because at some point the narrative has to allow some tension like the flash can't be so fast that nothing can touch him at all times or else he can't interact with normal people.

>If she can control all of that at the same time, then speedforce shouldn't present much of an issue.
The assumption here is that she is controlling them all at the same time.

Well King himself has mentioned panic attacks in a middle of shopping trip. So he most definetly has some medical issues. And how he writes Batman and that god damn awful Heroes in Crisis, it pretty obvious they are mental in nature.

i dont think thats what user meant, they were saying that King's defenders don't even use the sales figures as an excuse anymore because of the writing

Yes. Hell even Jurgens.

>Nolan and Snyder made him a brooding cuck who is afraid of commitment and romance
Nolan's Batman was a romantic view of Batman. He became Batman to prove himself to Rachel and he hoped to retire to be with her. After she died he retired in despair.

Except it still sells well. Way better than nearly any other book on the market. It's the haters who keep saying it's sinking, when it's just not selling gangbusters, which at this point would be pretty unusual. Nobody is denying the book hasn't dropped readers, it's polarizing, so that's expected, same goes for it being such a long run. But the argument has for over a year been that's it's constantly hemorrhaging readers, which isn't true. Bendis Superman is hemorrhaging. Not King's Batman,p.

Bendis' Superman is dreck, but honestly it's more boring than anything. I believe his Batman would suck but it wouldn't be as awful as King's.

I don't feel like Batman should punch any of his allies, honestly. Being a dick and pushing them away, sure. But punching Tim in the face for trying to talk? Punching Gordon for telling him to chill with beating up Bane while he was in custody? That feels really weird.

Almost like Batman is unbalanced and he's slowly slipping out of control due to the physical abd mental exhaustion, just according to Bane's keikaku. Why is it so hard to understand King has been building up Knightfall 2.0 as a multiple year long storyline.

This entire post is just nonsense.

>Knightfall 2.0
Either that or taking the Rises route.

>how he writes Batman and that god damn awful Heroes in Crisis, it pretty obvious they are mental in nature.
See that's you projecting.Having emotional issues doesn't make you mental, Tom King is still of sound mind as is the heroes in HiC

Yea Forums hates DC, so it's good.

They aren't. There was a tweet I wish I could find calling King out that his view of mentally ill people is horribly fucked up. That the first time we ever even hear about this location for dealing with the hero community's mental health, it's been subjected to a slaughter by one of it's own patients. And how he's portrayed anyone with PTSD as not someone in need of help but a ticking time bomb that cannot be helped and sooner or later WILL slaughter everyone around them. That last part should be of particular worry to his editors considering King often frames himself as possessing PTSD.

Attached: 1558293297365.png (775x740, 145K)

>And how he's portrayed anyone with PTSD as not someone in need of help but a ticking time bomb that cannot be helped and sooner or later WILL slaughter everyone around them
That's (YOU) projecting, That's now what Tom King thought or wrote.

>That's now what Tom King thought or wrote.
Hey, you said it, not me.

Attached: Skinner.jpg (600x315, 23K)

Nah.

Ahem. I miss Snyder.

Are you deeply depressed and are looking for the thing you need to finally push yourself over the edge? Then Tom King's "Batman" is for you! Smart, rich and powerful Bruce Wayne is replaced by a cardboard cutout of Tom King, and spends what will be 100 issues of brooding, acting out of character, moping around and doing everything he can do to spread his deeply wounded feeling of the darkest depression humanity can muster! Sounds like a blast, doesn't it? Find it at your local comic book store, if you still have one, I assure you, there will be hundreds of unsold copies! Yay!

106 issues*

No he literally is turning people with PTSD into Villians, look at Wally, Scott Free(who didn’t have PTSD until King Wrote him), and Batman all were Heroes that we’re dealing with King PTSD and all Turned into antisocial people who hurt everyone around them

it´s just batman and other fan favorite dc heroes constantly being emasculated because Tom King has some feminist insecurity

Attached: natural-brown-nuance-of-the-home-movie-projector-can-be-decor-with-warm-lighting-can-add-the-beauty- (1767x1087, 183K)

>muh projecting
Do you have anything approaching a counter-argument or does it all boil down to "NO U"?

Toms Batman isn’t for a one older than 16. It’s babby’s first “serious” comic. Only retards and children find it worthwhile. Go read a fucking novel if you’re looking for merit.

>you’re just too dumb
>you prefer childish stories
You kingfags are worse than zack Snyder fans and you’re acting as if you made a point?

I probably read novels per year than you.

Okay user let’s try this. What is just a single weakness in kings batman? You can’t possibly think he’s perfect so just say a single thing you think needs work. Otherwise why should anyone care what you say?

Hulk aside Batman numbers are terrible user

>any good

Attached: bogus.gif (347x380, 130K)

Very high

>can’t into English
>actually counts the books he reads
Is lunch period over soon? do they allow cellphones in high school now?

You’re a joke kid.

If you were reading his Batman run you’d know he took multiple issues off.

knew dumb damifags would try and spin this as tim-hate

it's not about time, it's about punching a partner/surrogate adopted son in the face

Listen, I don’t know about you but I actually read kings work and it’s clear he is unfortunately dealing with something truly debilitating. He also clearly thinks Writing it down through a novel will be the best way to work through it and his books are showing it’s not working. The man needs real help why are you acting like nothing is wrong?

Don't forget Vision, who would have gone on a world-ending murder rampage if his wife didn't take the fall for him.

There's no other way to say it: tom king did not make Scott free and Wally west into villains. You may think he did but in the terms of the story; they're not.

Not that user, and he is wrong about using the term villains, but King has a habit of making his heroes tortured and/or disturbed.
Heroes in Crisis is just one big suffering wank.

>The man needs real help why are you acting like nothing is wrong?
Because I'm not a shitposter like you.
>I care about Tom King.
>better go on Yea Forums and talk shit about him!
Quit acting like a 14 year old girl in high school.

Anyone. But it'll probably be Bendis.

Aite, I have a theory about Flashpoint Batman. Maybe he's teaming up with Bane to take him down with his son at a later date. I'm not saying King is a genius writer and to trust him with the rest of the run, but it seems like a very Batman thing to do. Maybe have him die at the end of the run so that there's only one Batman runnimg around. On that note, I wouldn't put it past King to have Bruce suffer by having his dead father turn against him.
I'm actually very interested in how King writes Bruce. It's another take on him that definitely makes him feel like a hardboiled detective type. That said, outside of his projecting onto Batman, King writes a bunch of weird shit in there like Flashpoint Thomas Wayne teaming up with Bane against his son and a long wedding arc that goes nowhere. To be honest, I'm not entirely caught up but I'll absolutely read all the way through, it has some good stuff about it and I feel like it might be intersting to see how it plays out as a whole since it's all a big chess match between Bane and Batman.

>King has a habit of making his heroes tortured and/or disturbed.
Yeah, it's called character drama, Let's quit the act that King is screaming help through comic

>Makes Wally kill dozens of heroes on masse
>Portrays PTSD as an incurable problem that you shouldn't bother getting therapy for because it's too late, you can't he helped and WILL explode and hurt/kill the ones around you
>"Uh, it's just character drama!"
user.

>There's a repeating theme in it all that is too specific to just be creative sterility
You know what you sound like? One of the moralizing housewifes that try to ban cartoons because they're too violent.

>Makes Wally kill dozens of heroes on masse
Accidentally, which really changes the whole context of the situation.

>Portrays PTSD as an incurable problem that you shouldn't bother getting therapy for because it's too late, you can't he helped and WILL explode and hurt/kill the ones around you
That's not what happen though. You are once again projecting bullshit in a sad attempt to claim moral high ground.

>That's not what happen though.
It's exactly what happened, never mind that King very blatantly has NO concept of what a mental health facility actually does or how therapy works.

I'm not the one saying he made Wally a villain, but King in my view very clearly portrays Wally as a monster, and for no reason other than having issues with some vaguely-defined mental illness that King thinks is PTSD.

Jesus fucking Christ in heaven, a man can't offer an unflattering interpretation of a work without you going "the author's rubber, you are glue, whatever you say about him bounces off and sticks to you."

Attached: 1459939826940.gif (225x236, 420K)

I wish you had the balls to quit with the innuendo and just tell me why you think tom king is a bad writer without having to rely on speculating that King is mentally unstable.

>but King in my view very clearly portrays Wally as a monster, and for no reason other than having issues with some vaguely-defined mental illness that King thinks is PTSD.
I call it projecting because it is projecting. it's bullshit not supported by text. Tom king is not saying PTSD makes you permanently fucked and that therapy will never work, that's (YOU) saying it.

This is a relevant twitter thread where I think it makes a good point about the therapeutic process Tom King is showing.
mobile.twitter.com/ThatCmonster/status/1101783512531623937

King writes a story that attempts to be serious, with serious themes, but he overlooks small details that make the story fit a 70's campy-dark type of story (look at the Everyone Loves Ivy Flash issue above, for just one example). Ironically, when he tries to be funny or light-hearted, that's when he writes a good story, like the issue that Matt Wagner illustrated.
He also, like Bendis, comes in with his own ideas and does what he likes. Best example: Batman has been dark for a while now, but being Batman was never about self-destructive tendencies. If they did exist, they were over-shadowed by Batman wanting to stop the kind of crime that killed his parents. It was always about being a hero, not being emo. King's Batman may as well take place in a different universe because he is one notch above Miller's ASBaR in terms of sanity and a mile below Snyder's Batman (I don't need to remind you Batman Rebirth is a continuation of New 52 Batman).

Ok but how does she feels after the reveal considering this was a couple months ago, and if I recall predates the reveal of Wally.

>look at the Everyone Loves Ivy Flash issue above, for just one example
I don't know if whining about power levels is a good example and the issue over it does have a good counter argument about how a mind control flash would be easier as he isn't going by his natural reflexes.
>being Batman was never about self-destructive tendencies
It kinda is Batman is putting himself in a life or death situations almost daily.
>It was always about being a hero, not being emo.
Disgaree. People have been calling Batman a brooding hero for a while.

>Portrays PTSD as an incurable problem

No, he depicts it as a complicated issue that isn't as sanitized and straightforward as mass media tends to depict it as being. Treating PTSD isn't always just people having a conversation like In Treatment. Sometimes it gets really bad and even violent because people are often unwilling to confront their issues head on and rather retreat to a place they think makes them safe, and then lash out when they get triggered by something. Wally retreating repeatedly to his happy memories of his lost family to feel good rather than confronting and accepting his loss is exactly that. Same with him losing it.

Therapy is difficult. It requires work, it's not always moving forwards, sometimes you regress, and it's more about managing your symptoms and learning to contain and live with your trauma instead of it controlling you. It's not simple as talking on a couch until the doc goes BING! you're cured now.

At no point is King saying trauma is incurable in the way you assert. All he is doing is showing it being a difficult process and something you have to work at actively, rather expect therapy to just do it for you.

The flawed system on the farm facilitates this regressive behavior, and at no point in the narrative is this ever suggested. It doesn't appear to be something the author is aware of, only something the reader picks up independently.

If you want another example, try Batman walking 300 clicks (about 180 miles) through a freezing storm and knee-high snow. Twice. Without a special heat-generating bat suit.
>Batman is putting himself in a life or death situations almost daily.
Before that was just a fact of his actual mission: keeping innocent people safe from the same tragedy he suffered. With King, the mission is just an excuse to rationalize why he's being self-destructive.
>People have been calling Batman a brooding hero
It was never really true. Batman was a grump, but he was still idealistic underneath his gruff exterior, because he still believed in not killing. In King's Batman book, Batman breaks KGBeast's neck and leaves him to freeze in a sub-zero wasteland.

>T-the people who don't like his shit writing are part of a giant conspiracy! That's what it is!

This. People very often forget that Batman admires Superman so much because he's the kind of hero Bruce wishes he could be. Fear and theatrics is his tool, but he'd trade it in an instant for Superman's ability to make innocent folks feel safe and villains surrender just by being present. He also has a lot of respect for Clark being able to keep his optimism after all he's seen.

What's especially weird is that King HIMSELF forgot this too, despite dedicating an entire issue to it.

>Batman walking 300 clicks (about 180 miles) through a freezing storm and knee-high snow. Twice. Without a special heat-generating bat suit.
That just sounds like normal batwank bullshit to me
>It was never really true.
No it was.

>Before that was just a fact of his actual mission

It is a literal trope of multiple decades that Bruce pushes himself so hard he barely ever eats, sleeps or takes time to recover from injuries. Often to the detriment of his performance. For God's sake, Knightfall literally has him go out chasing the escaped Arkham goons every night to a point of complete exhaustion.

And people have been talking about Batman as a brooding hero since, I dunno, the goddamn 80s. And you're completely missing the point that everything wrong with Batman is part of Bane's plan to run him through Knightfall type gauntlet that is slowly destroying him mentally and physically, specifically pushing him to act out of character.

Batman was also losing it with the Court of Owls storyline, but even so he managed to remain in control enough to hold on to the basics of his personality.
King wants to write a story where Bane breaks the Bat mentally, but it's not working, as it's too overt and too focused on being dark and and depressing. It's like I'm reading a fanfic where the author doesn't understand that in order for there to be tragedy, there needs to be happiness. With King, there's promises of happiness, but it's never shown. Even when Batman was supposedly happy with Catwoman, it was still a dark and depressing relationship they had because it was based on mutual pain, not shared joy.
Even so, the effect this is having on Batman is too great. The man has faced worse threats, mental and physical, for this to be what finally unhinges him and so much.

The court tried to break him forcefully with drugs in a short period of time, so Batman could fight it. Bane is not directly assaulting him, instead he's using Batman's own life and dedication to the mission to break him and is doing it very slowly, breaking him piece by piece and using Batman's frustration and anger against him. Where the court was an unsubtle hammer, Bane is soft inconspicuous file slowly working it's way through Batman's life.

>Bane's not directly assaulting him
He will soon when he breaks Batman's back again and this whole will turn into Knightfall except Thomas Wayne takes Valley's place. Fuck Tom King.

Whole run*

because king is CIA

Dude you're making it up. Finch was happy to work on it, and pounded out his half of the issue on a plane ride.

The guy was on vacation, I don’t know about you but I would be pissed. Also has Finch worked on Batman since? I’m pretty sure he hasn’t

Bendis, no matter how much I hate the guy, would probably be better than King writing Batman. At most, we'd be facing the same ignoring continuity but after King, I'll take it.

Okay Doyle you faggot

>Bendis would probably be better than King writing Batman
I'll never know how you were able to type that with a straight face.

How do you know he did?

Attached: I saw you.gif (220x177, 381K)

So how pathetic has batman gotten in this run?
I quit around the time he hit gordon

What are some good runs of Batman that serve as a good starting point?

Attached: 1553641716005.png (599x462, 427K)

Even ignoring all the bullshit he's pulled, can we take a minute to criticize how fucking long he's dragged this all out?

Boy howdy. Even the short 3 issue arcs like Cold Days could've been shortened to just 1 or 2 issues with how little they contributed.

Unironically Tom King's

I honestly don’t know who is a worse abuser of Decompression, either Bendis or King

came to post this