Adventure Time ending- SHIT

>Adventure Time ending- SHIT
>Gravity Falls ending- SHIT
>Star Vs ending- SHIT
why are cartoons such fucking garbage now

Attached: 1377475609581.png (600x434, 57K)

Gravity Falls was the only great cartoon of the decade, including the awesome finale.

Yea Forums's shit taste doesn't change that

You are liking the shittest cartoons because they promise to offer you a "so mature" theme and human main character on a major network. They shows are generically always fucking garbage, and all the other actually good stuff makes you think "too kiddish" or it's not on a major network so you don't care
That's on you for not going beyond basic bitch shows

It’s not. Its average at best

>Samurai Jack ending- SHIT
>Steven Universe ending- SHIT

Maybe the issue is you.

Goodbpoint, if OP’s got issues with every cartoon, it’s probably gonna be OP who has the real problem

Not him, but my only problem with Gravity Fall's finale is that Grunkle regains his memories too quickly. Beyond that, was a pretty solid finale.

>Adventure Time
>Gravity Falls
>Star Vs
>Samurai Jack
>Steven Universe
>Ducktales
shut up NIGGER

Attached: 1558319309375.png (398x376, 193K)

If it makes you feel any better, GoT fans now feel your pain.

But gf ending wasn't shit

Personally while Inliked the finale, my disagreement was with the fact GF was a great cartoon series above other 2010s cartoons. It was good, but nothing to write home about

Lmao even Ducktales has more consequences and suspense then Gravity Falls ever did

Pandering. Plain and simple.

No, it's not just an SJW Tumblrcuck type of pandering. It's pandering to fans.

Fans are terrible, terrible people. Sure they enjoy a show, but the more vocal and obsessive fans are also the ones that are the cringiest and with the most unfaithful ideas about the content they are fans of.

They are the ones that make the bad fanfictions. The OC Donut Steels. They're the ones that tear a show's story apart to nitpick every detail and swear on their mothers that there's a hidden message in the show. They're the ones that claim the show is a masterful piece of art because the scene with Star and Marco breaking the Bloodmoon Curse is an allegory for the eventual destruction of the classic atomic household and social norms towards relationships.

THESE PEOPLE... are being pandered to.
What shows were good? The one in the old days. Not because of nostalgia-tinted glasses or because hurrhurr just not my time... but because of one simple fact.

The internet, and social media, were either non-existent, slower than a snail, or not used as much. It could not influence a show heavily. The creators didn't have to pay any attention to outcry or dissapointment or fan blaring. They just worked on the show. If the show was shit from the start? It'd die from ratings. If the show was fan-fucking-tastic from the start then they can keep making the show as it was, despite any fans shouting their own "suggestions".

But now the internet is the hub of all things. Twitter is a major source for news outlets, fans, journalists, etc etc. When 6969XxX_Star+Tom+4ever_XxX6969 spams Nefcy's twitter, they're soon joined by hundreds and thousands of other bastards wanting the same ship. The creator can't just ignore this. It's there in the open and how they react or do anything about this is heavily scrutinized. They can't just willfully ignore it either because Twitter, a major source as stated previously, still allows shit-fans to spam what they want.

Attached: 1457727275641.png (512x384, 123K)

Eh, I disagree with that. Every other popular 2010's cartoon either lacked any clear direction for most of their run, or were on far longer than they needed to be.

While I don't disagree, don't the old shows have fanmail?

Just wait for Carmen season 2 to come out and reddeem western animation

Attached: 553c5f24bcb6571ecdf8e289cd162389.jpg (236x393, 17K)

>why are cartoons such fucking garbage now
>now
What are some past examples of good series endings?

it was way too rushed. if that fucking hack manlet just stuck with the original plan of 3 seasons (one for each month of summer) and a movie for the finale, then it could easily have been the best show this decade

Just the cartoons you watch. Solution: watch better cartoons. There are plenty. I'm not going to shill any because a quick Yea Forums browse should clue you in.

>mfw Steven Universe had the only good finale that stayed true to the show's soul where everything shown was built up to throughout the series

Attached: 1428458868449.gif (320x223, 1.62M)

Oh they do. Fanmail that one, maybe two people ever actually read. And that wasn't always actually the creators. It's snailmail to boot.

The internet is not only superfast, but the fan moaning can be increased exponentially because everyone can see and same the same thing in a very visible, public manner on teh internet.

Fanmail is just... one dude in a chair. He's not reading it live on television or outloud on the radio. He can throw it into a fireplace and no one would know or give him shit about it. He can even outright ignore all mail and no one would give him shit about it because most wouldn't know.

It was rushed and the WD stuff was pretty bad. I wouldn't mind WD turning good, but it happened in a near instant. Felt cheap.

But Steven meeting himself was incredibly satisfying at least.

Anyway OP, watch anime, it's the only solution to find good cartoons.

i don't have a reaction face that expresses extreme laugh but also anger

They're run by people who hate straight males. Anime goes in the other direction, pandering to men with harems.

>Hey this one is good
>no it's not

Show’s not exactly over yet, but yeah I agree. Like that SU stood by what it was.

Accurate. Same shit happened with lok just to add another show with a bad ending.

It's not like it was always like this. Cartoons didn't always turn the heroes love interests into lesbians at the end, or make humans out to be 99% bad guys and monsters to be 99% good guys. It's part of an agenda by people who hate everything good in the world.

You don't need to angrily laugh at yourself for being wrong.
It's difficult for me to argue about the show's pacing because of the fucked up release schedule, which definitely affected my perception of whether things took too long to happen or not.

Attached: 1428805331584.png (1599x899, 1.26M)

Name 11 shows that do this

Not exactly a compliment to stay true to your soul when your soul was shit from the beginning. It didn't have to be corrupted to become shit because it was always shit, unlike Adventure Time and SvtFoE which started out good and turned bad.

Jesus. The fact that they actually bothered animating and re-recording lines for the sake of pandering to a ship that was mostly lesbian fetishism instead of actual character chemistry was the cherry on the top of a bad ending. It gave fans power to demand more and to believe in their delusions, and that's how we got the Voltron fandom.

When this shit's going on, you STILL want to tell us that all this is just a "coincidence"? It just so happens that all this coincides with what's going on with politics? (Straight male hating and hating natives over foreigners)

Jackie Chan Adventu-GODDAMMIT!!!

>buh BAD! BAD BAD BAD! buh buh buh BAD!
That's literally all your post is, statements but no argument.

Oh you're a /pol/fag no wonder you're delusional.

Okay, then tell us WHY it's not happening. Name a recent show that doesn't do this.

I unironically can't wait to outbreed you

Not entirely.

Reminder that the show began as fun shenanigans and Steven chilling with Space-Alien-Rock-Women-Superheroes fighting zany and outlandish monsters, while finding strange artifacts like...
Sand-castle making beetles
Timetraveling orb
A Dia de los Muertos candy skull attacking the donut shop
Watermelon clones

All this turned into MUH SPEHSS OPERA that was pretty shittily executed (which made the good buildup extra painful in retrospect).

I will say that the only good part was the excellent way they wrapped up Steven's inner turmoil.

Without ANY DIALOGUE to enforce the idea... Steven's constant conflict of "whether or not he's himself, his mother, or something else" was settled by a beautiful and touching scene of his soul being no one else... but him. And they embrace and he loves himself. AND IT WAS ALL ANIMATED BY JAMES "THAT BEAUTIFUL BASTARD" BAXTER

But all else in the show was shit.

Outbreed asians? Good luck with that.

I don't even know what you're trying to complain about because you're so incoherent and removed from reality.

I won't name 11, but progressivism is ruining Western cartoons:

Adventure Time: The two best love interests fall in lesbians with each other, the hero may or may not get a consolation prize girl who isn't a princess, the hero doesn't defeat the villain.

SvtFoE: Male deuteragonist's ex, whose love for him was a big part of season 2, is implied to be a lesbian (not just bi because she says she learned stuff about herself in France and they 'weren't a good fit' which implies it's because he is male), which undermines a big part of the show, the heroine is also bi out of nowhere. Every other love interest disqualifies themself, Janna hates Marco, Hekapoo is fucking some bird out of nowhere and then dies, Kelly is dumped offscreen, Higgs wasn't tsundere after all but just hated Marco and also died. For some reason it was necessary to make every love interest except Star lose interest in Marco. Marco used to crossdress against his will and be brainwashed to like it, then for some reason he likes it anyway afterwards and trades makeup tips with another crossdresser even though Star can make him look good with magic. Humans are all retards and bigots, the monarchy is a fraud, magic is oppressive. The villain is a human supremacist, the monster who ate people did nothing wrong, the queen who abdicated for monster dick did nothing wrong. Killing millions of sentient magical beings is okay to stop anti-monster racism. Magic wands are high capacity assault weapons and must be banned, although monsters get to keep their powers.

Steven Universe: I don't watch it, but come on, everyone's a lesbian, the protagonist is constantly crying and wearing drag and becoming an androgynous creature.

She-Ra: Everyone is a lesbian, the only white male is an object of abuse for everyone else, the monsters/villains are more likeable than the heroes. Bad guys can't be bad any more.

Because you can’t even name 11. You named 4. Because it’s all in your head

There aren't that many cartoons with heavy lore and continuity, which are the ones I like in theory. I'm sure lots of purely goofy comedy cartoons don't get very political, but I don't care about most of them. The ones with the most potential for meaningful long-term storytelling get ruined by ideology.

>Dude I sacrifice my self
>But magically my memories are back like I didn't sacrifice nothing

GF could be good if consequences matters

Attached: 1553994242634.jpg (810x697, 116K)

Cartoons didn't even get endings before. They just disappeared after getting cancelled.

Finn got his neghole pozzed big time.
first 4-5 seasons were great until the whole show got a massive circumcised kosher pickle slammed into it's anus.
don't tell me otherwise take your moronic drivel to reddit.

Considering cartoons up to only a few years ago have been glorified toy commercials and/or sans continuity, are there even ANY cartoons with "good ending"s?

Attached: omedetou.jpg (1024x768, 110K)

Seems like most decades for animation kind of run out of gas at the end, the 00s and 10s being cases where the early part was better. Only the 90s and 80s got better in the later part.

>liking the disappointment that is weirdmaggedon
I’m not the one with shit taste mate

ALL of this, plus you guys raise your expectations way too high and that's what causes you to interpret these finales as "disappointments". I'm not saying the finales AREN'T disappointing, I'm just saying the writers of these shows are not perfect. They are not going to have flawless dialogue/writing, top tier execution or the exact kind of ending you want. A lot of the times writers don't know what the fuck they're doing. You've got to lower your expectations a little.
When GF finale happened, it was the worst thing ever. When SJ finale happened, it was the worst thing ever. When AT finale happened, it was the worst thing ever. Now Star finale has happened, and it's being treated like it's the worst thing ever. And the cycle will continue with every modern cartoon finale because you guys always expect some incredible mindblowing ending. And the truth is most cartoon writers are just not capable of making something good enough to utterly shatter expectations and satisfy every fan, whether it be because they aren't creative enough, or because they write themselves into a corner, or because of censors, or some other reason. It is literally not possible to create a perfect finale that everyone will love.

objectively good endings exist.
the WRITERS are in the wrong for pandering to the lowest common denominator (faggots like you)

Name 5 western cartoon series that ended well.

Shut the fuck up

>pandering to the lowest common denominator (faggots like you)
I don't give a shit about any of those shows except Gravity Falls so they're certainly not pandering to me.
Can you give some examples of objectively good endings?

Xiaolin Showdown
Powerpuff girls
OG Ben 10
Wakfu

Dude, it's the beginning of post-millennium syndicated cartoons with continuous plots. We'll start getting a few that are well thought out from beginning to end... eventually.

>Can you give some examples of objectively good endings?
cum shot to the back of your throat. semitic semen dripping down your esophagus as you gurgle for air.

Are you okay, sweetie? Did you have a bad day?

powerpuff came back to be shit, same as samurai jack.
they were so close to ending on a good note.
also, powerpuff had no underlying plot to "end" on.
samurai jack was mostly episodic too until the shit finale.
the rest seem fair.

adventure time ending was really good actually. if you didnt like it you probably never got the show in the first place

Sorry I have Tourettes, faggot

I honestly just kinda want the violent-ish cartoons back. Why do modern cartoons always feel the need to make cartoons with feelies and all that faggy garbage. Gimme some actual fun ones that dont care about realism. Its either feely fagtoons or the ones that are filled with the worst attempts at pottyhumor Ive seen. "Farts are funny"
Atleast Oggy and the cockroaches were decent or even Catscratch.

Attached: ZGJzeRh.jpg (480x270, 22K)

Solid, but average. The rest of the show was good but the ending wasn't quite up to the usual gravity falls standard.

all art is political fuckhead, you only notice it when its explicit politics that you disagree with

>assuming my day has been ruined by your homosecks
close but no meat cigar.
>everything is bad 'casue expectations
>writer's cant satisfy everyone.
reread your first post you sound like a lunatic.

>reread your first post you sound like a lunatic.
How so?

you can probably list the number of American cartoons with a good ending on the fingers of one hand. American writers are taught to keep stories going forever, not to close them.

>Powerpuff girls
I don't remember any sort of ending episode.
Atla ending is pretty bad too.

Cartoons were always garbage with a few exceptions.

Nice argument.

This and are right. When I think of cartoons that have a decent and satisfying ending, the only one I can think of is ATLA, which is already the pinnacle of Western cartoons according to Yea Forums. Everything else was either underwhelming or just never finished because alot were cancelled without a proper finale (Teen Titans, Tron Uprising)

when were the cartoon cartoons shoving agendas down your throat? sit down leftie

outside of Weirdmageddon Part 2 and Stan's pointless sacrifice i dont think GF's ending is as bad as Yea Forums said, it's still fun and the actual end of the show, the part when Dipper and Mabel went home, always got me. i mean there are better episode but as cartoon endings goes it's pretty damn good.

This is the exact reason I dislike Adventure Time getting up its own ass.

Why are we pretending good endings were a common things in cartoons? Even top tier shows like Justice League had mediocre rushed endings. I feel these threads are made by people who is just too young.

Attached: 1533604525249.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Obviously you weren't around in the 80's where nearly every action show delievered moral lessons or you had shows about the importance of feelings and getting along with everyone. And since groups of minorities working together gets argued as politics, MASK and Bionic Six would be shit on these days.

>decent and satisfying ending
>ATLA
Get a load of this guy.

dude just watch anime lmao

not an argument

Samurai Jack ending fine. It just let out some fan service. There's a difference.

even worse

He said ATLA, not Korra.
I of course can't name them all here, but I can name more than you can count on two hands, and I can do it without mentioning things that ended before 2000
>EEnE (best ending)
>Courage the Cowardly Dog
>Generator Rex (took a while to actually air but still)
>Invader Zim (somehow they managed to pull out a good ending despite being cancelled during the second season)
>Ben 10 (assuming you don't count the sequel series)
>Secret Saturdays
>Over the Garden Wall
>LastMan
>Dofus
>Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
>Transformers Prime
Even shows like SU and AT had good ending, they just kept going for years after where they actually ended, and if I'd watch more cartoons from the 2010s it'd probably be just as easy to make one of just shows from this decade

i'd agree with you, but the humour was such a massive drawback for the show overall and S2B was total fucking garbage. alex really should've stuck to the original plan of a third season. i can respect him for wanting to be done with it quicker, but GF painfully needed a season 3 and it showed

W.I.T.C.H.'s finale >>> ATLA's but of course Yea Forums refuses to watch that because it's not nostalgic for Americans

>not nostalgic
Well of course not, we have nostalgia for good things from our pass, not terrible shows that we all changed the channel from when they aired on toon disney

Witchfag, pls stop. It's not even funny anymore.

Attached: not_funny_at_all.jpg (510x430, 18K)

and the 80s toons were mostly trash and most of us wasn't around

Nobody got to watch it in the first place dumbass
It's not funny, it's terribly sad how even the best cartoon of all time can't beat US unpopularity. Why do other countries even bother?

I recently rewatched GF's ending and realized it was actually pretty good. It just fucked with all our expectations at the time.

And Star Vs was shit from the beginning.

But I don't think any fans of Star Vs actually wanted the ending they got, or most of the tweests. In fact they seem to be the most vocally displeased party. And GF's ending definitely had fucking nothing to do with the fans.

While I don't think your point is completely without merit, I think the merit is minimal.

Suck my balls kid

Attached: 1464461213953.png (800x1500, 284K)

Garbage. Literally only watched for one waifu.

It began as a show with no identity until like season 2 when it settled into what it had today. Being gonzo as fuck isn't really an accomplishment in and of itself even if it is entertaining, and S1 was entertaining at the very least if extremely inconsistent.

hahahahahahaha

This. Network television animation has a history of rushed and unsatisfactory endings due to the nature of writing like you aren't getting cancelled. Gravity Falls, from what I recall, was supposed to get one more season, but was ended prematurely in a struggle for creative control. Adventure Time was going to get one more season after the Bubblegum wars and then they we're told they had to wrap it up in one special. If I'm not mistaken, ATLA is the only one fully plotted from beginning to end.

>Nobody got to watch it in the first place dumbass
It aired in America silly.

Yeah, those grand sweeping statements are what I'd expect from somebody who's been thoroughly proven to be ignorant of the matter. Feel free to keep digging that hole though.

Fuck off frogposter, why must you autistic fucks insert your autism into everything?

Remember to ignore and report frogposters

ATLA was supposed to get one more season, tying up Zuko's mother loose plot thread. A total of four seasons for each element.

>It aired in America silly.
On a channel that nobody had, and with literally zero promotion. And it basically didn't get reruns.

Might as well hook yourself up to an IV bag full of vodka, OP

>Dofus
I'm not sure if I'd consider that an ending since it hinted to a sequel movie which we still never got.

>Invader Zim
>a Christmas special is an ending now
>Ben 10 and Generator Rex
>good endings

>On a channel that nobody had
is that why Yea Forums talks about other shows that only aired on the same network?
>with literally zero promotion
Why promote a show so trash that it's only purpose was to fill a timeslot?
>it basically didn't get reruns
Because no one would want to rewatch an episode of this trash

>a Christmas special is an ending now
yes? Have you seen the special? It's an actual ending to the series.
>>Ben 10 and Generator Rex
>>good endings
Your taste are bad

>It's an actual ending to the series.
It's not. By this logic any final episode is an ending.
>Your taste are bad
Ben 10 and Generator Rex "endings" were setups for the next season, not actual endings. Ben was episodic so it wasn't really important but Rex was plot based.

>It's not. By this logic any final episode is an ending.
Watch the episode user, Santa goes into space to become a powerful monster and everyone lives in a bubble now