Feige is only making a movie for Shang-Chi just so he can tie up the whole Ten Rings/Mandarin plot point, isn't he...

Feige is only making a movie for Shang-Chi just so he can tie up the whole Ten Rings/Mandarin plot point, isn't he? I doubt he would even get a trilogy.

Attached: shang-chi-e1556024522591-700x324.jpg (700x324, 63K)

It's primarily for making mad bank off Chinese audiences.

It's pretty much tied up for everyone who isn't autistic enough to care about B-canon.

No he's doing it because they wasted Iron Fist on Netflix

Attached: Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.png (1280x720, 699K)

not like Disney couldn't just introduce new versions of all the Netflix characters and ignore what came before

based chads for hire
>tfw get iron fist vs shang chi fight

Attached: iron fist vs hydra aja clean.jpg (1440x864, 277K)

>10 Rings and Mandarin finally
>but now no Iron Man
Why did they waste the IM sequels so badly?

The Mandarin was intended as the main villain in the original Iron Man but was scrapped during early drafts with the intention of setting him up later.

Iron Man 3 was partially funded by a Chinese company and no way they (alongside the CCP censorship board) were going to accept a Chinese villain in a film where the heroes were filthy imperialist Westerners.

They gotta wait five years.

Are they going to care though? Shang Chi's not that different from the films Hong Kong used to churn out by the hundreds, is slapping an MCU label on that really going to help? They watch Western movies for big dumb loud CGI spectacle, a marital arts film with choreography that doesn't hold up with their standards isn't going to set their world on fire. And unlike Black Panther this doesn't have a huge home market that are going to go nuts for a little representation. I think it'll do fine in the West but it won't do better in China than any Iron Man film.

>is slapping an MCU label on that really going to help?
Yes.

no he's doing it because they want a martial arts blockbuster and because >I doubt he would even get a trilogy.

Why? Have you read Master of Kung Fu? Shang-Chi will easily get mutiple movies if the fight scenes are good

>this doesn't have a huge home market that are going to go nuts for a little representation.

are you implying Americans don't love Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Kill Bill, etc?

There's a huge martial arts void in terms of blockbusters, and if Captain America Winter Soldier's fight scenes made everyone ooh and ahh, wait till Shang-Chi, Marvel's premier fighter, gets his movie.

Eternals is really the only risky property they doing rn.

God, the Avengers EMH cartoon had such a good version of Luke and Danny and I really wish they got movies instead of crappy shows

my hope is they will get rebooted like FF4 and X-Men eventually. I want to see them done justice. We need to see Kun-Lun in its glory.

>MCU
>Asian hero
>Muhrica in its current state
Yes. easily 1billion movie.

How come there's no Asian American hero?

because a lot of Marvel's most popular characters were created in the 60s through 80s, at a time before the explosion in Asian American population in the 90s.

The only way you're going to get an viable Asian American hero is if you raceswap a character. Shang-Chi is Marvel's most prominent solo Asian hero who has his own supporting cast and villains and etc.

The rest are all part of teams like X-men (Psylocke) or are legacy characters (Cho-Hulk)

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a great, underrated cartoon

Yet Ant-Man has two films and will likely get a third

That's stupid. How would Shang Chi even handle the Mandarin? It should be a straight up action film for his origin against his real father.

>Psylocke

His real father is a copyright character that belongs to a different company

they will replace Fu Manchu with Mandarin as his real dad

it'll keep the international crimelord schtick still there while avoiding any legal copyright troubles and cultural insensitivities

?

he's public domain by now, but they'd be stuck with only using the first few books' worth of material

>this doesn't have a huge home market that are going to go nuts for a little representation. I

The second generation Asians from California will eat it up like they did with Crazy Rich Asians

>And unlike Black Panther this doesn't have a huge home market that are going to go nuts for a little representation.
Idk there are a lot Asians here. One well placed fake tweet about there not being enough Asian superheroes could ignite some bs movement.

I might be in the minority here, but I hope they don't play this up as a strait "Kung-fu action movie". One of the coolest things about Shang-chi that I've read about is that fact you can have these hyper-powered superhumans that can shatter mountains and stuff, but here comes some dude who knows "martial arts" and then he dominates them. I would cut if the film is about something like that.

>Psylock
>Asian

Attached: aracely.png (553x490, 457K)

I hope in the 3rd MCU Spidey movie, we get to see Shang Chi training Peter like in the comics.

>Are they going to care though?
You underestimate just how petty and small-minded the chinese are

Imagine being this dense

I think they'll have a bunch of his goon adversaries from the old Master of Kung Fu run as henchmen of his evil dad (whether that becomes Mandarin).

People like Razor Fist, Ghost-Maker, Zaran, Mordillo, etc. to show Shang-Chi can take these people on.

There will be cameos to establish an MCU feel.

But didn't that movie tank in China?

You can show Mandarin blowing up buildings with his Tai Chi or whatever the fuck but when it comes to choreography and action I want this to be a martial arts movie

>MCU character
>Not thinking he is gonna be set up for a trilogy and infinite crossovers
user...

I hope it's a good martial arts movie with good fight scenes.

Didn't they change 616's Fu Manchu's name so they could keep using him?

they could, but with the talk of re-introducing Mandarin into the MCU, it makes more sense to outright replace Fu Manchu

would also tie Shang-Chi in better to the wider MCU. Comics Shang-Chi has become sort of a peripheral character (like Blade) who has his own niche and pops up occasionally during various Avengers or Heroes for Hire related stuff

They could probably do that by the time Shang-Chi 2: Immortal rolls around.