Why the only Marvel character that has a job is the only one suffering financial problems? I don't get it

Why the only Marvel character that has a job is the only one suffering financial problems? I don't get it.

Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, Falcon, Hawkeye, none of them have a job. Why aren't they as broke as Spider-Man?

Attached: spider-man-crying.jpg (1000x800, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1982
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because most of the Marvel heroes you mentioned work for the government or survive on other people’s shit.

Also consider how much money a superhero could make on selling paraphernalia and autographs.

The government pays their shit? When has that been established?

Show me a page of Scarlet Witch getting money from the government.

Because it's a rule of the universe that only Peter must abide by shitty real life laws and physics and suffer for it because at this point it gives a raging stiffy to his writters and editors.

pretty sure Tony Stark was the one paying Avengers

The Avengers work for the government usually. No idea who funds the X-Men.

Peter is the everyman. Weird for Steve Ditko to make his hero the everyman; but I'm guessing working class objectionists are full of contradictions.

Avengers get paychecks, with the presumed exceptions of the rich ones like Stark and Iron Fist.

Most heroes are actually paid or live under different organizations that fund their activities. The Avengers are paid by Stark who gets all his funding from his company, X-Men as a whole are so powerful and volatile that it's implied that the government help supply them with the necessities. Solo vigilantes like Spider-Man do have to find a way to survive outside of the suit, but Spider-Man in particular causes his own issues by prioritizing Spider-Man over Peter Parker. His identity not being public is a double edged sword though, on one hand it's impossible for him to actually cash in on the fact he's Spider-Man, on the other people can't force him to pay for damages.

Spider-woman is a private investigator. Hawkeye is a landlord.

Sure thing but after he got married to MJ and they started working to fix their situation, the entire fucking universe found excuses to shit on them to the point Quesadilla had to use the actual fucking devil to shit on Pet even more. That goes a little bit beyond what Ditko, Conway and Lee may have intended, just saying.

>Spider-woman is a private investigator.
When was the last time she took a gig?

When was the last time she had a book?

Pete Parker just sucks at being an adult. When Ock took over his life look what happened... he got a degree, got a great job the. Started his own company, held down a good relationship with Tyrion Lannister and became even better hero.

Peter Parker is a moron.

Warren Worthington recently

how much does web fluid components cost?

Attached: AVENGERS235D.png (1081x1600, 2.25M)

>held down I good relationship with Tyrion Lannister

I see what you did, though it is stupid it took ottos body swap to get Pete to finish his masters

>"I like Marvel because their heroes are so relatable. They all have to worry about paying the bills"
>"Also nearly all Marvel heroes get thousands per week just for being heroes, lol"

What DC heroes have to deal with rent?

What's 1,000 USD in early '80s money adjusted for inflation?

All of them but the rich ones. No DC hero gets money from the government or from their rich friends.

Autism strikes again

Attached: NA714.jpg (1600x1230, 773K)

Picked 1982
in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1982

$1000 = $2648.20. Good amount but they're not getting rich off it.

kyle raynor had to. i think barry allen had to. i think new 52 wonderwoman had to. i know dc rebirth superman has a house so he doesnt have to worry about it and bruce wayne has more money than god

I like how you demean people/heroes that work for the government.

>All of them but the rich ones
Such as?

>they don't have a cash option
Well fuck you too.
Also what happened to that baby, it dissapeared after the skrulls lost and i stoped reading avenger.

>$2648.20
>Quite literally a 6 figure + a year income
>not getting rich

ok

Not bad.

Peter has always been portrayed as the everyman. It's one of his core character traits. The everyman has money problems. It's more simple than you think.

new 52 JLA (not the justice league) probably got a good deal from the feds

Around 2k for a week’s batch.

I’m not sure if somewhere around The gauntlet or after JJJ renders Peter jobless he gets a check for that amount and says sometime like “this is just enough to pay for web fluid”

Attached: 49FC73AA-8747-41C4-9609-7A6E3A3E970F.jpg (1041x738, 410K)

Several have been homeless at some point, like Nightwing and Simon Baz.

dont the mcu avengers work for shield?
im assuming shield is a govt organization

Not that user but he obviously meant people getting handouts.

>people still falling for Tommy's shitpostig

I thought he was a part of the Avengers. Why doesn't Tony give him money?

around $2500

He did, that was what made him join. I guess Tiny is back seat avenging right now, though.

Or Pete swings by for dick suck money every so often.

Attached: EC196BC7-B71D-43BB-8AD2-875AC58F719F.jpg (752x823, 488K)

Why doesn't he just open an account under the name Spider-Man?

Remember when the FF couldn't pay rent and got evicted from the Baxter building? Things were like that for all heroes under Stan Lee

Aren't offshore anonymous bank accounts a thing? Like the ones in Switzerland. Granted, this is all just the bullshit I remember from movies, so I don't actually know if they're really real.

This was addressed in ASM #1
number-fucking-one user. Spidey didn't make a dime from his television appearances because the checks were wrote out to Spider-man.
Besides, a tech savvy villain could figure out that Peter Parker is spending spidey's money

He could cash out those checks if he had a Spider-Man account. That being said you're right about the tech-savvy villain. Though they could also probably find out Peter is buying web fluid materials.

When Wolverine was running the Jean Grey school he was able to fund it because there was a monster living under the schoolgrounds that was able to create diamonds.

>autism
You look like an idiot when you use that shitty meme.

i dont think so and i think shield is a joint world governments venture

I can't fin the page but when he was a teacher for the X-Men he tells his class about how he can't get money from being Spider-Man without revealing his identity and the kids list a number of ways he could get around it (stuff like a business account under Spider-Man name or using shell companies) and he just stares dumbfounded like they are speaking chinese

>they could also probably find out Peter is buying web fluid materials
isent peter the only one who knows how to make it i doubt they can track him for buying the ingredients

Sounds more like Jack Kirby's FF.

Fucking really?

Part of his character regardless of how much sense it makes, like Cyclops having mental issues with his powers despite having known the most powerful mental manipulators on the planet for most of his life or Professor X needing a wheelchair despite having a student who could heal any injury.

Attached: watx7.jpg (1041x1600, 596K)

Lmao read a comic, pleb

Aren't diamonds actually worthless?

no

Lol muh company wars.

Diamonds are only considered as "valuable" as they are because of forced artificial scarcity and a bunch of marketing bullshit. But hey, people still pay good money for them regardless.

i want an issue where kamala or some superpower teen girl hero to do babysitting gigs

>diamonds grow fully cut and polished
activates my almonds

It being Krakoa makes some amount of sense but it's still pretty ridiculous.

user, you go around paying for shit every day with paper and data.

Yeah and they had to sell a shit ton of their stuff due to Reed fucking up one of his investments. Now losing money in a stock/investment resonates with me deeply...

wasn't Luke Cage literally a Hero for Hire who got in the Superhero business to make money while living above a movie theater?

Iron Fist funded Luke Cage's Avengers group during the first Civil War.

Plus he's not someone that cares about money.

Ah the Sims method.

>one's paycheck changes their entire relatability

Attached: infinite power.jpg (208x326, 15K)

lol Reed is an idiot

I like Spidey PS4's explanation of Peter not being able to legally license merch because he'd have to give his identity away

That's over $100,000 a year. I think Peter meant that was for web fluid on top of all his other expenses.

>low 6 figure income
>rich
More like well off, anyone who gets a degree in a relevant field will be making that before 30

No fuck that shitty nu-Spider-Man shit he was an adult during the jms run 15 years ago but no we got to have "oh adulting is so hard" peter jesus fucking christ I'm sick of this shit I want my Spider-Man back goddamnit fuck

A 6 figure income would be 6 figures BEFORE the decimal point, Einstein(s).

Slutt's run is not canon.

Soon, if Spencer doesn't fuck it up.

>Slutt's run is not canon.

Attached: yeah_sure_seinfeld.gif (355x259, 1.11M)

>the entire fucking universe found excuses to shit on them to the point Quesadilla had to use the actual fucking devil to shit on Pet even more.

To be fair OMD was just babby Q REEEing that a comic book character had better love life than he had. I am not sure why it wasn't retconned as soon as Quesada was out of the editorial seat.

Money.

you are one of those fags who just want every character to be fantasy self-insert material instead of actually relatable, aren't you?

Shield was disbanded in The winter soldier.

this dialog sounds like my uncles and aunts having a conversation...

Bait.

>Soon, if Spencer doesn't fuck it up.
This is the guy who made Captain America a fucking Nazi, just because he was blond white guy doing heroics. I am fully expecting him to fuck up his Spiderman run with some really fucking bad way. Like killing off MJ and replacing her with black chick or something like that.

I'm fine with Glory getting SPIDERED.

>Money.
Really? As I understand Spiderman comics took a huge nosedive in sales after OMD and really never recovered from it. So it would have made sense in monetary way to undo that thing that caused it.

>No idea who funds the X-Men.

Usually they leech of Xavier's wealth. Warren's wealth also contributes, I'd imagine. I mean, when he's sane and not evil/lobotomized. Gambit is a thief, so, you know. Storm probably gets Wakandan alimony, lol.

It was by Jason Aaron, during his "everything is wacky and zany like a cartoon!" Wolverine and the X-men run.

Yes, and even after he teamed up with Iron Fist and ran it more like a celebrity bodyguard business they were often broke.

Nice butthurt you've got there.

>Storm probably gets Wakandan alimony, lol.

Comic about Black Panther going all Brendan Frazer over alimony he owes to Storm. Fund it!

Fuck off Tommy

What I never got about superheroes being poor is that why the fuck wouldn't SHIELD compensate them in any way? Especially Spiderman of all people. I get they're not doing it for the money but any sane individual would take some kind of compensation (especially if their dirt broke and struggling to keep their head above water) from a global super power.

Also on several occasions it is shown that there are toys being made in the superheroes image. So do they just never see any of that money?

Do you even know about Superior Foes?

>Nice butthurt you've got there.
Just reading what went on in backstage of Secret Empire will do that.

It just feels like Spencer wanted Cap to stay Nazi and Sam Wilson defeats him. Not the whole Kubik makes another Steve Rogers to fight EvilCap. That has a feel that the editorial in Marvel got shitscared of the reaction people had for the whole event.

>why the fuck wouldn't SHIELD compensate them in any way?
Freedom ain't free.

>So do they just never see any of that money?
I don't think that heroes with secret identities would be able to keep them if they made contracts with toy companies.

>Do you even know about Superior Foes?

From what I read about that, especially the ending. I now fully expect Spencer to pull something like that at the end of this story arc with Spiderman they have going on now.

Danny could cash the check and just give it to Spider-Man in cash, or wasn't he rich anymore?

this is a bad meme created by a stupid person but do the X-Men even make money? A couple of them are independently wealthy and help each other out or have actual side jobs (Dazzler being a singer and stuff like that) but I doubt Scott was writing anyone checks when he was the sovereign dictator of Utopia.

WAGIE WAGIE, STUCK IN CAGIE

Attached: 1552751430741.jpg (1791x1062, 269K)

>I want my Spider-Man back goddamnit fuck

Attached: 23532325235.jpg (500x500, 72K)

>Wolverine crashes the diamond market by creating and selling too many of them
>Everyone hates mutants even more

Makes perfect sense

Because Peter is cursed by his stupid status quo. When he started his Parker industry thing , a lot of people went apeshit with "not muh Spiderman"

I thought it was an issue of Avengers Academy?

X-men money just come out from Xavier bank account.

>just for being heroes

>tfw you draw tits adequately well and have no personal standards and are GREAT at cooking homemade nuggers so you get money AND comf

>anyone who gets a degree in a relevant field will be making that before 30
No man, not even close.

As user said, Xavier foots the bill, also he could just give people used toilet paper and make them believe it is cash, cash in on government funds.

But as for the actual reason, he's rich.
>but I doubt Scott was writing anyone checks
Would he need to? They work for their mutie utopia, or they just create their own mutie currency, a mango, two scotts, a fancy hat, that will be thirty scotts.

>I am not sure why it wasn't retconned as soon as Quesada was out of the editorial seat.
Because Brevoort thought that (You)s = sales. By this point it's been around too long for them to casually retcon it.

Well, they have some applications in optics and gemcutters.

It was an issue of ASM but he was teaching at Avengers Academy for the day, yeah

The Avengers are financed by Stark and multiple other billionaire members, like Rand. The X-Men are funded by the vast combined wealth of the Xavier and Worthington estates and Gambit's thievery.

royalties from toys and stuff

Read the comic you mong, not the wiki article about it.

What fucking bullshit, something like this is skirting legality in the first place.
Literally just give him cash.

Speaking as a Cap fan that absolutely loathed every bit of Spencer’s run on the title...his Amazing Spider-Man run is good (I want to say great but still cautious here) so far.

Regardless of whatever Spencer’s intent was with Cap (vs what was executed); his run was poorly timed, schizophrenic in tone and his politics were clumsy to say the least.

So far though his ASM seems to be all about nostalgia and adventure, his love for the wacky 70’s and 80’s era is on display in every issue. The only controversial move he’s made so far was to kill off the Gibbon and generally treat a lot of the forgotten villains with a bit too much “cheese.” He could still fuck things up royally but there’s hope for the first time in years...granted anything would be better after the Slott regime.

Sometimes writers just don’t gel with some titles, it happens. Denny O’Neil wrote one of the best Batman runs in history...and one of the absolute worst Spider-Man runs.

The diamonds used in tools and shit are generally just made synthetically

Three things you're not taking into account is that this is their payment after being provided with free Room&Board with all utilities, Food, Internet/TV, the best healthcare money/magic can get, free tech+upgrades, and massive tax cutbacks because the Avengers are a government contractor. Sans the IRS blowing them out for some backdraft when Damage Control was bankrupt along with the power they can pull in-universe, that's probably pure net income they can slush off without impunity. So yeah compared to a good degree average joe who still pays taxes and probably pays $2000ish of that on all of the amenities above, Avengers get a lot of dosh (mostly because of the free benefits).

Attached: Vault Tec Sales.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

I love this panel

Attached: 3E77923D-CB88-4A6A-9EBF-F16931B25E5B.jpg (1242x1982, 1.23M)

>So far though his ASM seems to be all about nostalgia and adventure, his love for the wacky 70’s and 80’s era is on display in every issue. The only controversial move he’s made so far was to kill off the Gibbon and generally treat a lot of the forgotten villains with a bit too much “cheese.” He could still fuck things up royally but there’s hope for the first time in years...granted anything would be better after the Slott regime.
Personally I am going to wait and see. Spencer has tendency to do "Suprise, you are fucked" endings in his stories and that bit about killing off MJ was only half joke, Spencer I can definetly see pulling that off and then hitching Peter with some other lady with a darker complexion.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m only cautiously optimistic.

He could easily turn out to be worse than Slott but, then again, I’ve been largely unhappy with the title since...fuck...1991 maybe? I’m used to being disappointed but, for now, it’s okay.

Plus, I think the only “black” that Spencer cares about at this stage is Black Cat. As a fan that started reading Spider-Man in the 80’s if anyone is capable of replacing MJ it’s Felicia.

Well... I give it to my buddy flash thompson!

Read in context with this faglord : That much is true but the whole thing went a little beyond babby Q, look at Superior Spider-man. The whole thing leading up to Peter's death is just...miserable. Like people actively want to fuck him over with a rusted pipe just because the guy exists.

There's him escaping the status quo and then there's taking a character to a direction so opposite, so far off, that he isn't that thing anymore. As much as I don't like JMS's run, him being a teacher and make good money is better for the character than "Iron Man but a Spider + Edge of Time Peter Parker except not evulz".

Chuck's money comes from where? is there Xavier family corporation?

Inherited wealth from his parents, also his father was a nuclear scientist that patented a lot of his work. Not to mention the half dozen billionaire students that are more than happy to contribute to the school.

I always assumed that there was a grey market for superpowers that heroes could tap if they needed. Tough & can breathe water? You're worth a million a year as an underwater welder, in lack of required insurance alone. Just being really strong has construction & mining applications, you could pay 10 mil for a custom lifter that will fit your site or drop 100k on a moonlighting hero and do it over a weekend. There would certainly be regulations against it, but it would be hard to prevent with those kinds of incentives at work.
Thats not even getting into the GOOD powers, like being able to heal some old squintillionaire's ass cancer one time & then retire.

The ones you listed are full time Avengers. Spidey has part time status on the main team.

Most non blue collar/shit digger/drug dealer jobs require the person have a bank account for their money to be direct deposited.

Real question is why he couldn't just have Luke or someone take the money on his behalf.

Its started out with Prof. X. And then later Angel. After that their random adventures just provided them rent free places or connections to people with valuable resources.

Interesting.

>The real super power was knowing how to abuse the tax system all along.

Attached: 1383746630782.jpg (452x523, 22K)

Yeah but for most people they're just pretty rocks.

El Santo did it in real life without giving his identity away for decades.

Did he ever take their advice, or was it just used for a one-off gag?