Is this the only cartoon to have more than 4 seasons and not have a decrease in quality?

Is this the only cartoon to have more than 4 seasons and not have a decrease in quality?

Attached: 1MUshUmFinUe4LCZJS6gZAQ.jpg (995x618, 183K)

Some would argue the school seasons were a drop, but not me. God I miss them

No because it did decrease in quality. Just a little bit, but not enough to where it was a huge problem.

The school episodes were great.

The school season the quality did dip a little, but not by much. There are some pretty great episodes in that season. I'd also argue season 1 was a little rough around the edges and had some meh episodes. Season 2 and 3 is where the show hit its stride.

This is easily my favorite cartoon but there was a decrease in quality. Not a huge one and I still loved the school episodes, but show peaked around season 3.

It’s one of the few that got better as it kept going. Even the school episodes weren’t that bad.

IMO the school episodes weren't really worse, the change of setting just felt jarring and kind of antithetical to the original premise. The writing was still sharp as hell during that season, and I think any real flaws might have just come from the writers not quite knowing what to do with it. The movie being as great as it was shows that they clearly still had it.

>The writing was still sharp as hell during that season
First time I ever hear something called sharp, what do you mean user?

I'm gonna assume that you're ESL, no offense meant but it's a pretty common expression in English. "Sharp" in that context means that it's done especially well, or at least better than the norm.

>I'm gonna assume that you're ESL
I come from the South, the ESL region of the USA.

It wasn't a huge drop but it did get worse in the later seasons. Mostly because of the way the Eds' personalities and group dynamic changed. Eddy became less of a charismatic smooth talker who was touchy feely with his bros and started screaming every other line and regularly beating the shit out of Ed. Ed's comic book/horror movie fanboy side waned and more and more of his lines became non-sequiturs. Double D was always a neat freak goody two shoes but in the later seasons it cranked up to a pathological level.

Attached: ed edd n eddy bow down to Kevin's jawbreaker garage body.png (900x693, 942K)

The Simpsons

Overall the Eds felt a lot less like bros who loved each other and more in the direction of some jerks who ended up stuck together.

Attached: total drama ed edd n eddy.jpg (404x260, 24K)

KIDS NEXT DOOR
KIDS NEXT DOOR

Yo English dialects are wacky. I didn't know sharp was not part of standard lexicon anywhere within the US. Cool.

Did you guys know that dragonflies are known by the highest number of different names throughout English dialects?

KND in general was multiple marks below Ed, Edd, & Eddy in quality.

The school episodes were a bit of a step down in quality, but they were still good. Just not as good as previous episodes

Nice dubs.

Also, avatar the last air bender. the quality varies a little but not enough to make it not enjoyable.

I thought Hey Arnold was always pretty good.

He said shows with more than 4 seasons

King of the Hill?

Nah that user is just retarded. I've lived in the American South for over a decade now and have heard it pretty often, both in the South and Southeast.

KND stayed great

Attached: Codename - Kids Next Door_02x05 - Operation - S.U.P.P.O.R.T..mkv_snapshot_07.42_[2019.05.03_00.56.44 (640x480, 436K)

>one of the last cartoons to use cel animation, only switched when they absolutely had to
>one of the most satisfying endings to any cartoon
>rights are kept by creator rather than CN
Doesn't get much better than that as far as cartoons go.

>and more and more of his lines became non-sequiturs
That was always the case, wasn't it? Ed always said random, off the wall stuff that had no relation to what anyone else was saying.

Yeah, he always did that but in the later seasons it became a lot more frequent

I remember those episodes being full of screaming and annoying slapstick, it felt a lot more mean spirited than the OG episodes

I remember not liking the school episodes. That Urban Rangers episode where Eddy tries to get a badge and the episode where Eddy tricks Jimmy into seeing a unicorn I especially didn't like.

Eddy was kinda cheated, but he did get a Cry Baby Boohoo badge out of it

Eh. The only reason people remember the last seasons fondly is because of the god tier movie

if anything the show increased in quality as it continued.

I really hate this meme. The characters became much more fleshed out and funnier in the later seasons.

The seasons where they were randomly in school were mediocre as fuck, but it still had great animation.

>The seasons where they were randomly in school were mediocre as fuck
Shit tier taste, school time during the fall was comfy as fuck.

Nice contrarian, taste.

I think the change of scenery via the school was a much better decision than most shows which seem to think to think new characters are the way to go.

The dynamic of Ed Edd n Eddy is just too perfect to add any outside elements,

I liked it better in the older seasons when Eddy was more bro tier to Ed and Edd. By season 4, he became a more evil cartman-type character and you wondered why Ed and Edd were even still friends with anymore.

Guys, real talk. Who’s the strongest person Professor Scam can beat?

Attached: DCACA87B-0220-496B-BC16-BE15B8369F7B.jpg (259x194, 14K)

Only plebs hate the school season. There was literally nothing different about it aside from the setting.

The school episodes really felt like a closing of the series. I really liked the wistfulness they evoked, even if they didn't tickle me in the same way the previous seasons had. It was different, but I liked it.

I'd say there was the SLIGHT drop in quality to the school seasons.
But even for me that was only about 2 episodes that were still ok instead of great.
Plus they finished up with the movie in the nest possible way. Each Ed was sorta flanderized by the end, but the movie had them face that.
>Eddy admits his combatitive attitude was just a front
>Edd is willing to get past his hatred of filth to save the guys when he thinks they are dying, plus actually manning up near the end.
>Ed actually has some ideas to make up for him being progressively stupider over the seasons.

>new characters are the way to go.
I remember always looking at the names on the lockers in the background in the school scenes and being excited that new characters were going to show up.

If he can't even beat Captain Melonhead, there's very few people he can defeat.

What about all the foreign exchange students they had? Like Carl

Attached: 5FE159A9-98AF-4093-8B12-540A854D4FE1.jpg (300x225, 14K)

EEnE is in the top 10 best cartoons of all time

it's a show that ages great thanks to the setting and slapstick/physical humor. not to mention it's finale movie is top tier too

Attached: 1553182123402.png (716x540, 578K)

Those were all one-offs. I was hoping for new, permanent additions to the cast.

Og Titans and Justice League

>The seasons where they were randomly in school were mediocre as fuck
I remember thinking this when I first watched those episodes when they aired.
only realized later on rewatches that the only thing I didn't like was the change of scenery from the neighborhood to school. the quality, dialogue and humor remained top tier

>Hello who's there!?

Attached: 1544723474048.png (716x540, 635K)

This

PPG held up until season 5, didn't it?

South park?

The only quantifiable quality drop in EEnE is when the reuse of recorded dialogue became way too frequent.

Yep, Kids Next Door was great the entire time, and honestly it only got better and better.

EEnE is set in Georgia
you can't change my mind

eh, i dont think it was needed, having another person be introduced to the group, having to have them not step on anyone elses dynamic as a character, and have them get a lot of screen time to develop them would have been a pain. it might have been nice, and i ahve no doubt they could have done it, but i feel the original cast was fine enough.

KND and Camp Lazlo

What ever happened to funny slapstick shows about kids on CN? Key word: funny

The Eds definitely felt flanderized by the time the school seasons came around. Especially Eddy, who was five times more obnoxious and five times dumber than previously established.

But it's not a meme.

>contrarian taste
>even though no one but a few retards ever actually say the school season was bad

The flora looks nothing like Georgia and they have genuinely harsh winters. They're way more likely from the Northeast or Upper Midwest.

>I prefer the reboot

Attached: 7e2.png (982x770, 226K)

If they ever do a continuation, I could see Ed switching to CalArts style as a joke

The question was not what level of quality the show attained but whether its own quality was consistent. In that case, KND is a correct answer.

He only lost because his minions turned against him and helped Captain Melonhead escape.

It’s so weird that no other kids or adults were seen during the school seasons.
At least the seasons had the excuse they were on break and in a small neighborhood.

My nigga

Yeah imagine the entire school being built for 12 kids

this. It was a decrease in quality but it was still pretty good.