Why don't they give Batman the white eyes in film adaptions?

Why don't they give Batman the white eyes in film adaptions?

Don't give me the 'actor can't emote properly' horseshit. Actors have been emoting well in far more restrictive outfits and masks since before cinema started.

Attached: batman_mkiii_suit_by_j_k_k_s.jpg (900x1300, 344K)

I'm still surprised they actually gave him a more comics accurate suit the last time around, as opposed to shitty jet black tacticool armor.

Baby steps

They did briefly, in TDK, when he's using the detection scanner.

That being said, actors can't emote properly in lots of these cases. You have to get the actor to exxagerate their voice, and additionally chuck in a different visual cue.

>Ecclestone under enough prosthetics as a dark elf, going from thirty expressions a minute to botox addict
>GG mask literally being far less scary than Dafoe's sheer rage in certain scenes
>Darth Vader is always view above or below a camera, and the cleaner and shinier his helmet is, the closer he is to the dark side. In addition, more time is spent on his shots, to see his body language as a whole

>actors can't emote properly in lots of these cases
Argument doesn't really old up anymore

Attached: deadpool-ryan-reynolds-petition.jpg (825x464, 56K)

Fixed belt.

Attached: 1558300324319 belt.png (900x1300, 1023K)

I've always wondered if this is why everybody who wears a mask in the Nolan films seems to have a funny voice

>Batman
>Bane
>The masked Joker henchmen at the beginning of The Dark Knight (seriously, they all sound like cartoon characters, though I love it, since it makes them seem more like clowns)

Scarecrow and Catwoman seem to be the exceptions. They talk normal.

>Don't give me the 'actor can't emote properly' horseshit.
Saying this doesn’t make it untrue.

This is the second manip I've seen that makes the TDK costume black-and-grey, and it honestly looks awesome and I don't know why they didn't do it.

The eyes are a bit too buggy and lensy, though. If you're going with white eyes, you've gotta make them closer to his actual eye size, rather than doing the entire eye socket area.

I'm just happy they gave Batfleck a voice modulator. White eyes would be nice given that it would give him information feeds and help conceal his identity

Attached: BvS-970x544.jpg (970x544, 125K)

They prolly havent figured out yet how to make it look good in live-action, thats why the Arkham games adapted the black eyeshadow look.

Attached: Batman-1.jpg (2880x1606, 243K)

It's honestly a small pool who can pull it off well. Look at Endgame still having nearly every actor save Cap dropping their fucking masks constantly.

Zack-Daddy did a good job on Mr Manhattan by having his eyeballs in a slighlty darker shade than the actual iris, which helps convey emotions without looking like a monster.

Attached: tmp_ptmEom_c176a05a815b2dc3_ujZkM7U.gif (500x200, 983K)

It is irrelevant though, since every Batman mask has had sculpted angry eyebrows. If the goal was to let the actor emote through the mask, they wouldn't have given the mask a permanent emotion.

added more yellow

goddamn, that is sexy

Attached: 1558300324319.jpg (900x1300, 110K)

i think the way to do away with the ''actor cant emote'' problem by giving him contacts

Attached: FujvuMG.png (1008x404, 303K)

The comics themselves can't really agree on what the blank eyes should be.
Sometimes it's just stylization, other times it's an actual set of lenses on the cowl.

I prefer the lens. Aside from making sense (scanners, sensors and shit), it fits my headcanon that all the abuse is taking a toll on Bruce, and he’a Got damaged eyesight, his hairline has started receding due to stress, his knees are busted, some of his teeth are fake, and so on and so forth. Eventually I’d have his lips get fucked up so that he’d grow a ChadStache and start wearing a full-face cowl.

Looks like if the New 52 costume wasn't disgusting.

superhero masks having white slits for eyes in comics is simply a stylized artistic license

Its not real

(It was started by Lee Falk drawing The Phantom. He based it on Roman busts and the lack of an iris in eyes of the sculpture)

If you were to actually do it for real it would look dumb
And it was silly
The emoting thing is why the masks always come off in the third act or you get the dumb Ironman face cam

>The comics themselves can't really agree on what the blank eyes should be.
>Sometimes it's just stylization, other times it's an actual set of lenses on the cowl.
agree
This panel really fucked with my perception and I just couldn't find a way to justify it.

t. Civil War #2 page 14

Attached: file.png (437x326, 272K)

look at Clearly not stylized.

I think they are afraid of him looking too creppy instead of a superhero, which is, a very retarded reason but hey, dc is well know for making retarded decisions

Attached: 30260fbb33a8c84946f83ad19e7d22b8.jpg (1185x708, 73K)

>I think they are afraid of him looking too creepy instead of a superhero
But Batman is supposed to look creepy, his whole gig is scaring criminals.

>superhero masks having white slits for eyes in comics is simply a stylised artistic license
As is the whole costume thing.

Should film not be stylised? Should we shackle ourselves to a false sense of realism?

Use white lenses over the eye holes rather than contacts.

>The lol guy did it. It's the standard now.
lurk more

>Should film not be stylised? Should we shackle ourselves to a false sense of realism?
Do you want the film to have BIF and BAM lighting up the screen with every punch as well?

solution: The white eyes can be switched on or off and are used for the sole purpose of scaring criminals. Then turns it off if he's trying to rescue children/talk to Gordon.

That's actually a good idea, shit, even the comics do that kind of shit without explanation from time to time

Holland's spiderman also proves that this shit can be easily accomplished and adds a lot of aesthetic to the character

Telltale Batman suit is great

Attached: riddler_1920x1080.0.jpg (1200x675, 118K)

Bet op doesn't know what a stylist choice is same as this retarded movie.

Attached: 2gd1lx4hbgj21.jpg (1636x1236, 177K)

>Why don't they give Batman the white eyes in film adaptions?
I always figured it was a technical issue. From what I hard those full white out contacts are hard to apply, are uncomfortable and you can't even see that well while GCI white eyes was probably only feasible till recently.

It's hard enough to get these actors to agree to putting on a mask at all, let alone one that'd force them to either wear uncomfortable contacts or not even get to show their eyes to satiate a few comic fans.

looks bad

I'll see your eyeliner/shadow and raise you blackface.

Attached: Smallvilleblog.jpg (767x535, 86K)

I preferred the cloth/detective variant of the end-of-season-one outfit. I never liked how gadget heavy Bruce was in that setting. It felt like losing them would cripple him as Batman. Fuck. Every time I remember how much I liked them I remember Tellfail is fucking dead and we'll never get another season.

fucking amazing
that genuinely improves it tenfold

That's just a cheap excuse so movie studios can be lazy.