So what exactly WAS his endgame? did he want all of this to happen?

so what exactly WAS his endgame? did he want all of this to happen?

Attached: 3E395446-6012-4EDF-997A-ED3E2E70C51A.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

His endgame was killing his kids and himself

He Really hated his kids. It was all worth it in the end, no more child support

Glossaryck loves dying and being dead. It's the only logical conclusion you can draw from what happened.

Immortal being wanting to die is a really good trope

It was suicide. He taught every one of those queens how to kill him, and it only worked when they did so as a large team.

>I FUCKING HATE ALL MY KIDS AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU KILLED ME, MAGIC AND THEM, STAR
>Immortal being wanting to die
yeah never mind what his kids wanted

Hekapoo also loved dying and being dead.

And his other kids were racists.

I think you heavily missed the point of magic which has all of its creatures be what their creators need and not what they want, they had no real desires but to be used and that was really fucked up mate, they were sentient microwaves destined to keep putting metal inside themselves

Murder-suicide his own family

>they had no real desires but to be used and that was really fucked up
There was several episodes showing that Star magics had fun and a pretty normal life with each other without being summoned. The Narval guy was terrified at the thought of him and his friends dying for some "greater good"

That's worse.

Especially with Star presumably killing her own creations and Solaria turning her back on Mina.
>Some people just belong to you so it's ok if you kill or abandon them.

Hekapoo was the most racist according to the book and Reynaldo was long retired

>The Narval guy was terrified at the thought of him and his friends dying for some "greater good"
And that's exactly what happened. He also had a wife and a kid

did you skip over the fact that she was finally doing her queenly duties? she knew the cost, its called character development, sometimes people grow up, feel free to try it sometime

I guess he was training Meteora to use magic just so that she could help nuke it?

Don't have kids, kill your kids.

Suicide by Self righteous teenager

existence is pain, he just wanted to die. and here is Glossaryck in his true form. Im not een kidding, I think he was a meeseeks

Attached: kisspng-meeseeks-and-destroy-morty-smith-youtube-squanchy-5aea770ff3cbc9.4704222915253153439986.jpg (900x1420, 153K)

Doubt he's even dead. He started the magic by gifting it and got bored so decided to end it. It was all a game he projected

he didnt created magic, magic created him

that would imply that magic already existed before glossaryck did, or that there was something or someone that was the origin of magic, ultimatly another plot hole in nefcy masterpiece

Why not? Star recreated magic with no prior training.
Who is to say that a similar incident hadn't occurred in the past?
Perhaps the dimensions were originally cleaved apart, and this was just how Glossaryck planned to undo that.

>why not
simply because it was never stated or even implied, it could have happend but since it didn't it ends as another plot hole

The cost that other people have to pay for her to have her happiness.

He didn't have an end game. He didn't have a side. He didn't have a motive. His only real goal was to help the queens of mewni learn how to control and use magic. He didn't care what they did with it, or who controlled the wand or the book, or who was doing what. Glossaryck is like the ultimate apathetic absurdist; despite having the powers of a god, he just lets shit happen even if it means his death, because he doesn't care.

His endgame was to sit back and watch what happened, and to aid the queens of mewni (or more specifically, whoever possessed the wand/book) in doing whatever they wanted to do.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BOOK OF SPELLS I don't understand!!!!!

Attached: S2E27_Glossaryck_bowing_to_Ludo.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

It was his way to stay connected to the queens of Muni, which he was training how to kill him. He told them that he came with the book, so they accepted his word on in.

yeah because youre a true altruist who only does things for that sake of others and the benefit of mankind

oh wait no youre just a fucking sperg who's shitting at a main character from a cartoon for being a main character in a cartoon

>His only real goal was to help the queens of mewni learn how to control and use magic.
except that time when he fucked off to help ludo learn how to use and control magic.

So did he create the base book, and then let his students write in it?
>I belong to the book, and the book belongs to Ludo now.

because ludo controlled the book AND half the wand, so basically he had more of the magic than star did.

He let the book get destroyed, so he could pretend to vanish, so that Star would track down the well of magic.

So did magic permanently die or is it just "it's dead but it can be brought back" like back in Season 3?

Attached: 1558296123565.gif (500x281, 2.16M)

That wasn't his physical body in the Realm of Magic. He definitely was tied to the Book of Spells in some way, he burned along with it and throwing a piece of it into the well (after much goading) brought him back.

it was probably rewritten by star and marco, like father time whose existence was due the concept of time, perhaps the new magic as corny as it sounds would be love

Star still has the Banagic Wand, and so has retained her power.

>He spent a whole season pretending to be helpless, so that Star wouldn't feel so bad about killing him later.

Between combining all the realms and magic being either dead or reset, there are so many loose ends I feel like Disney is preparing to make a movie down the line like how Fox did for Firefly and Serenity.

I shouldn't give myself false hopes but I want some sort of resolution.

Attached: 1557821143889.gif (700x394, 1.19M)

i will never understand Glossaryck

It'll never happen, user.

The reason there's so many loose ends is they all just stopped caring. They do not care enough to make a movie to follow up, unless this half-assed finale somehow makes enough money to justify making a sequel, which is extremely unlikely.

From the looks of it, the magic dimension still technically exists; it's just that there are no more ways to reach it. The magic itself has been neutralized and doesn't have any energy left; hence the appearance going form a vibrant gold-yellow to a muddy, dark green color.

It's hard to say if the dimension actually still exists though, since the last we saw it, it was a swirling hell that was clearly collapsing. However, the inert magic goop is still left on earth where the well use to be which could mean 1 of 2 things.
1) the magic dimension still exists, but there is no way to access it because the "charged" magic goop acted like a portal, teleporting the person into the magic dimension, and now that it's inert it can no longer teleport matter.
2)the magic dimension literally collapsed shut and no longer exists; the inert goop we see pooling on earth around the previous site of the earth well is there because it was forced out of the well by the collapse of the dimension.

But there's literally nothing saying that the goo can't ever be recharged. We probably won't ever see that happen since the series is over, but maybe star and marco could recharge it together somehow.

Mewni royal magic is gone, but it seems like some stuff still exists.
Tom has demon powers.
Kelly has hair powers.
Ponyhead has flight.
Marco still has princess seduction.
Star still has the Banagic Wand.

>From the looks of it, the magic dimension still technically exists; it's just that there are no more ways to reach it. The magic itself has been neutralized and doesn't have any energy left; hence the appearance going form a vibrant gold-yellow to a muddy, dark green color.
Actually it looks like it stopped existing completely, not just green mush anymore like with Toffee.
>file related
I think that scene was basically the Realm ceasing to exist.

I feel like that make a good plot for another season or a movie, but like said Disney doesn’t care anymore. Such a waste.

Like it exploding and now just gone forever?

Maybe someone will make a fan series of Season 5 with quality writing and what not?

Fuck it who am I kidding we’ll never get a resolution.

>"Hey Mr. Meeseeks, ruin this kid's show."

user what are you talking about

Haven't watched it yet does the show seriously just end with the Earth and Star's realm whose name I always forget totally ruined?

It was all a dream. Starfan13 woke up, and then rolled over to dream it again from the start.

no, that's just what everyone is assuming because they are so pissed that the finale wasn't what they expected. They see a little bit of the merged dimensions and say "well the entire world is probably merged together" even though this makes no sense, as it clearly shows the solar system Mewni was in is still present.

In reality it looks like only echo creek was transported to Mewni.

Attached: 63523423.png (1152x1336, 2M)

so who exactly were the forces of evil

>”CAN DO”
>”ALL DONE”
>*POOF*
>”But everything is the same”

I stopped watching after Marco returned to Mewni and got cucked by Star and Tom. What did I miss?

Watch and find out.

Nothing of importance. Starco is canon though.

No she didnt. She abandoned her duties to just let everyone fend for themselves. The Queen's magic was the backbone of Mewman society.

that's even more fucked up because now an entire town is cut off from their friends and family forever

disregard this, I suck cocks

i think it's mostly implied that Echo Creek is a very self contained area.

>wanting to live in D******'s America
I'm glad Nefcy went with a Calexit endng

Faggot stop being retarded

What was corrupting the magic? I thought there was going to be a big Toffee reveal or something

>pissed that the finale wasn't what they expected.
fuck off
The reason people are upset isnt because the ending didnt match their headcanon, it's a poor ending no matter what your predictions were

>i-it's just a cartoon!
We're Dunhier

Moon's corrupted gunk she got from Eclipsa was what fucked it up

Attached: S3E36_Queen_Moon_with_veins_all_over_her_body.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

Ah, thanks

It was just the shit that was on Moon's hand from using Eclipsa's spell. Her dark magic does that because

Not saying it wasn't a poor ending; I'm saying people are assuming random retarded shit, like that the two entire solar systems were merged by tiny portals, at face value because the finale pissed them off, so they assume the worst theories are true.

He was tired of everything and everyone specially his kids and all the shit they did

Why didnt Eclipsa just use magic to rebuild the old Butterfly castle and town? Even if she didnt want to live there, it's good land with a good position.
She should have been capable of doing it, she's supposed to be one of the most powerful Queens ever.

>If you can't be bothered to raise your kids right, it's fine to have them killed
Honestly after they bought Reynaldo in I thought they where going to address how messed up the relationship between the MHC and Glossaryck was.
Y'know, an area that Glossaryck might have to take responsibility for as an individual instead of pulling his godhood shtick but nope!

Murder-suicide it is.

Because at that time when Eclipsa was handed over the throne of Mewni, her encased husband was still at Monster Temple. Since she wanted to be there with him, she made Monster Temple the seat of her power.

Aye, cool ideas. I'm still thinking there might be some sort of supplementary content, whether it's comics, an epilogue, or somehow a T.V. movie. Yeah, sure the execs don't care, but the fandom is pretty dedicated and active. So hopefully, some of these concepts get brought up somewhere down the line--remember, Star is technically a Disney princess.

Attached: charliebrownsnow.gif (500x375, 371K)

There might still be a tiny millhorse under Janna's hat

All baby unicorns dissolved. All she has is a baby skeleton

Marco might have absorbed some magic with that unicorn stab.

Now I'm seeing her taking off her hat only to find a skull.

quick theory:in the beginning of time everything was one dimension full of chaos, someone separated the dimensions to create balance. gloss himself is just a child of this creator. remember princess quasar and the magic bell, she had a female gloss so there are more of them.

Okay what the hell did I just watch? This felt like a new writer came in and haphazardly cobbled together an ending. Granted this season has been a directionless shitshow but jesus

>thinking it's unfair that some bourgeois fetishist puts foreigners before the people she's supposed look after makes you a racist
go back to your shithole country

So how would they go about contacting said creator?

I was thinking he'd make another glossaryk to bring magic back on his own

DRAWFAGS!!!!

I think it's cause since it's the end they don't really care anymore.

Attached: bi3tui2nnbx11.jpg (406x471, 25K)

Eclipsa was a fucking disappointment. She was hyped as the big bad, and then just behaved like a child.
That spell was actually Solaria's, and all the darkness from Eclipsa's character was phony.

fucking goth eternal teenager that wanted dick, and nothing more

I'm getting a bad vibe this is a recurrent theme in Western cartoons

>totally a big bad
>lol just kidding
>rinse repeat

The temptation to subvert expectations is simply too strong to resist for these lefty cuckaducks.

Globgor seemed more like the big bad to me, with Eclipsa just being a dangerous combo of silly and powerful. But it turns out they were 100% faultless and there's nothing ambiguous about them.

Shame being predictably bad isn't subverting my expectations.

They think you're stupider than they are. The worst part isn't how bad the show is but hiw much my intelligence is being insulted by the creators.

They made you watch the entire show, so in that regard, they are right about their belief about the likes of you being dumber than they are.

No one made me do anything

ok, calm down buddy
it's a show for children
I could swear the creators aren't laughing at their desks thinking how much more intelligente than random internet anons they are

Well, he did died and came back to life like 5 times if we go by his bucket list.

Lol, calm down fag.

Who knew after all this time his pudding addiction was just so he didn't go crazy from his own magic.

>he didn't
user...

No, but it had a weird rebound effect where he has more care to actually be ok with killing himself.

Can someone explain how PoneyHead isn’t magic and gets to live?

Assisted Murder-Suicide.

He made a bet with father time to see who would die first

Yeah, cause those were in the realm of magic during the whispering spell. Janna's tiny millhorse could have survived.

Attached: 1556851488718.png (6300x3950, 3.88M)

magic was tainted
he had it destroyed, then rebooted by their love, so it'd be clean.
did you guys seriously miss the unicorn at the end?

>did you guys seriously miss the unicorn at the end?
That was a regular unicorn, not a magic unicorn. Sounds dumb, but believe me, there's a difference when it comes to this show.

What happened with Marco getting stabbed? Why include it if it amounted to nothing?

Seed just in case of a next season? A little dark magic surviving in his gut.

>What happened with Marco getting stabbed? Why include it if it amounted to nothing?
Drama where he could've died but didn't because they got rid of magic in time. Same thing as Globgor getting slashed basically.

It wasn't brought up again until the end when it was already fixed. Didn't exactly feel the stakes there.

I was wondering if it would kill him up until when he woke up, shouted about getting stabbed by a unicorn, and revealed the damage was gone. Don't know if that's "feeling the stakes" because I don't really care about Marco as a character, but him possibly dying and then being saved at the last minute was what I got out of that.

"Feeling the stakes" would be presenting it as something to worry about. He didn't act wounded or even worried. He fucked off to find Star like it didn't even happen. He forgot about it, so I did too.

No one else did either. The post season 2 story team forgot about it as well

Given how he can see the future and move through it at will, I am pretty sure he just "played his role"

Not even the Grim Reaper wanted her or her blight of a race.

WORKED

Tom kicked her neck out of Hell.

'ate magic
luv marco
simple as

Actually the book of spells has been destroyed before. According to the lore book, the first book of spells was destroyed in a fire during one queen’s coronation, and that queen rewrote a new book of spells, presumably the one we saw in the show that got burned by ludo. Then star started writing her own before they fixed the old book.

Glossaryck is just a deceptive prick. He had no master, he was the master. He pulled the strings to mess around with people and teach people lessons, because that was his duty for the universe. And when he finally got tired of living, he gave a final lesson on why people don’t need magic and why it sucks, tricking star and company into doing what he wanted again and let them kill him

no, though?

Well, if a Regular Show got a sort of post-canon continuation in comic form, why shouldn't Star?

Inside the wand, the spells went through a lot of trouble to contain that one spell that could destroy all dimensions. Just by existing, that spell was going to get out eventually. Of course Eclipsa let it out in battle, while she and Star just look at it and let it wander off into the distance.

Yes.

>did you guys seriously miss the unicorn at the end?
There were lots of entities which would seem "magical" on any other show but which didn't count as "magic" on SVTFOE. That unicorn was one of them. Ponyhead was one of them. Tom was one of them. Magic wasn't restored, show just has weirdly specific definitions for their terms. Same deal as with "monsters."

>teaches the first settlers how to use magic
>reinforces Toffee's beliefs magic is bad
>haunts Star constantly to be brought back and save magic
>wants magic to die in the end

It all reeks of bad writing.

>Ok incel have sex

This is what caused Earth and Mewni to be cleaved together, dummies

The "magic" only refers to the stuff used by Glossaryck and the queens, so only the beings created by them are gone. Ponyhead and the other "monsters" and weird beings exist separately from that, they were already in Mewni when the humans arrived.