Cats Don't Dance thread, because it's been a while since we last had a thread

Cats Don't Dance thread, because it's been a while since we last had a thread.

Attached: cats-dont-dance-movie-.png (750x500, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lddb.com/laserdisc/10363/T6430/Cats-Don't-Dance
animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/lauren-faust-on-pretty-much-anything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fosters.3933911/
youtube.com/watch?v=O3UG9lKMf7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

furry trash

Was he an asshole or just insanely naive

Attached: 1555125476611.webm (620x344, 2.84M)

Animals should have been grateful to get any work at all instead of whining about how unfair it was.

So, what should I post, then?

so naive it made him act like an asshole

>Black people should have been grateful to get any work at all instead of whining about how unfair it was.

I wanna fuck the cat

Attached: CDD-screenshots-cats-dont-dance-20521513-640-480.jpg (640x480, 18K)

Naive but also was messing things up on purpose because he believed if people could just see what he could do was so much beyond what he was asked to do, he would get a break.

He was missing the one critical piece of information that Hollywood knew animals could do more, and they didn't care. But him refusing to face reality is what catalyzed everyone together to try for their dreams one last time.

The lesson is sometimes you need cheerful idiots in the world, to remind you to believe in what's possible, even if it's not probable.

I'm not saying I want to fuck Darla

I'm just saying I'd let Darla fuck me

Attached: tumblr_inline_ophun0ZYoy1ruf9mt_640.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Me but with him

Attached: d.jpg (720x540, 64K)

inb4 this thread gets nuked while all the Star threads full of spoilers in the OP gets to stay up even though the finale hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet.

Attached: 1524139815208.jpg (680x452, 37K)

>once again, not a trace of a download option available

I'm never going to see this movie, am I Yea Forums?

go find the VHS at a pawn shop (along with a VCR) and watch it the way it was meant to be seen

Believe it or not, I have been. I check the thrift shops so often a couple of them are getting to know me well.

Darla and Max deserved their own spin-off. Easily the best part of the movie.

He's just one of those retards spamming Star VS threads. Ignore him.

Kisscartoon with an adblocker friend

all the movie posters at the end were great

Attached: tumblr_inline_mok1ullGGo1qz4rgp.jpg (436x478, 163K)

I watched it free on youtube when that was still a thing you used to be able to do maybe its still on there

>the way it was meant to
Those tapes would be 22 years old by now and thus have deteriorated significantly even if stored in optimal conditions (protip: they weren't).

Been a long time since I heard anything about the fan restoration project, so I'm assuming it was scrapped after the movie became available in digital in 2016.

Vimeo has it, but good luck ripping a copy.

>The original widescreen presentation is also available digitally for rental or purchase through Google Play and also through Amazon Video.
The question is wether or not someone can be assed to rip it from a proper souce.

The cat was too sexy.

Attached: Sawyer POLE.jpg (882x864, 147K)

The animation on Darla was amazing ,

Attached: darla.jpg (521x586, 268K)

So why did WB bury this film? Did they just expect it to fail?
He didn't know how bad it was. He did go from the sticks to the big business with no in between to speak of, so it makes sense he would be in for a major shock when Darla put the hammer down on him.

Attached: 1446963540036.png (652x720, 270K)

>bury
>A widescreen DVD was released for the first time in North America on November 1, 2016 via the Warner Archive Collection.[9]

Yeah, sure. Almost 20 years later. Glad they put a DVD out, though.

Attached: 1545492986566.png (200x219, 79K)

>So why did WB bury this film? Did they just expect it to fail?
It was a movie they acquired from Turner Pictures rather than something WB funded themselves, so they weren't as invested in it. Quite a few films get bought by studios from other production companies, only to be dumped in a small number of theaters.

Damn, I didn't see that there. I'd spend the $5 on Google Play if someone can tell me how to rip it so I can watch and share over and over again.

They didn't advertise it or anything because the way they aquired it made it so that even if it flopped, they wouldn't lose any money.

Bojack Horseman is a sequel to this movie, a world where animals can finally be famous Hollywoo(d) stars.
Seriously, is there a plothole that would make this impossible? Because I really like this theory.

Attached: 49861341377.jpg (480x713, 158K)

It a shame there not much art of her out there.

Attached: Darla.png (448x858, 64K)

Listen you can't draw such a shortstacky kid without making them all kinds of lewd looking. And most people don't wanna go down that route.

Attached: Do9MlepUYAA5qvD.jpg (1200x1200, 198K)

Nice! Where'd you find that?

Are you saying they shouldn't be grateful to have a job?

Somewhere on twitter. I can't find the post for it.

lddb.com/laserdisc/10363/T6430/Cats-Don't-Dance

This probably would have been a superior method before the 2016 DVD was a thing. Kinda shitty that Warner Archive couldn't spare this film a BD release though, it's not like they haven't released other low sellers in the format.

How the fuck can Danny extend his mouth that wide

Because he's a cartoon anthropomorphic cat that does not adhere to the laws of physics that you and I do.

isnt there a cringey video with a guy calling the white cat on the phone?

Please don't remind me of those cancerous "I called X at 3AM!" videos.

Attached: 419201921449.jpg (800x450, 175K)

>that Todd

Attached: HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD SHIT EYES.jpg (838x804, 144K)

Honestly I could buy the idea that Danny was a big star in the local theater his home hosted, being the lead in the shows so he'd expect that he'd have a similar position entering Hollywood and so he thought he could use his first roll to get attention for his name
Didn't help that he was basically handed a position to play an extra in a film the moment he walked in the door of a talent agency

Attached: 23498437927094.jpg (443x410, 26K)

I like her character design. She has very graceful moves and face that was expressive and seemed natural.

Attached: OiegMR.jpg (1280x1748, 317K)

Nobody but furries or pedos like this movie.

That said, where's the blu-ray?

animal cracker, snyone? no? well, more for me then. :giggle:

Attached: TitMOC.jpg (2400x3200, 1.4M)

Hey that's not true, it's considered a pretty good film
Though with how the GP doesn't know about it since it was buried I guess that's alot of people who watch it

Might as well share the few pieces of concept art that I have.

Attached: tumblr_inline_owazj4oHy21rrmppe_540.gif (540x334, 34K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_owazwx0VFB1rrmppe_540.gif (540x555, 40K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_owazx80zk51rrmppe_540.gif (272x700, 20K)

Attached: 1487563284871.jpg (800x600, 79K)

>it's considered a pretty good film
It's really not.
The songs are forgettable, the message is obnoxious and about as subtle as a hammer, and the main character is a retard

best thing about it is the villains

I wholeheartedly dissgree, but I respect your opinion.

It was on dvd before that. I have a combo dvd of it and quest for Camelot. That I got when I was still in college and that a good 7+ years ago

This happened to the 'star' of our high school theater program. All the leads in every musical and most of the plays for 4 years straight, went to all the competitions, given a lot of leeway with grades and such because they needed him to carry the shows. Went to college theater program acting like the cock of the walk, only to find out he was just one of several hundred others with the same story and level of talent.

good, modern trash western "story based" cartoons being given that kind of respect just encourages them

fpbp

Why does it feel as though Lauren Faust seems to have some outspoken opinion about every iffy movie out there?

Attached: 91yPnLf1njL._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 930K)

Considering how prolific and...dare I say it... good at what she does in the industry, her opinion is something that should be valued?

She also worked on Quest for Camelot herself, and it's offensive to her feminist views, which is compounded by the fact she had no idea what it was supposed to be while animating it.

I don't think anyone did, user. That movie was, start to finish, a shitshow.

Absolutely forgettable and mediocre movie, really doesn't need its own thread.

>every iffy movie
She only talks about what she worked on. She worked on Cats and she worked on Camelot.

She is a "celebrity" that posted on internet forums very early on. She even partially trash-talked PowerPuff Girls on a forum under an alias but later officially denied it was her, even though it's so obviously her because all the things in those forum posts are the same things she later said under her own name.

She worked on CDD, that drawing was a crew in joke

>trash talking PPG
wat

This is so old the forum might not be on the internet any more, but I'll look for it. It was common internet knowledge before Ponies eclipsed everything Faust ever said or did.

Here it is
>animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/lauren-faust-on-pretty-much-anything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fosters.3933911/
Note that this is from 2005, and the things "LF" says in that forum are the exact same things Lauren Faust later says under her own name. I'll try to find where she denied those posts being made by her.

>Well, I don't particularly care for them either. People make mistakes, y'know. People also learn and grow as time goes on.

>As for Bendy, I'll tell you this: not just myself, but the entire writing staff thought that the irony behind the fact the Bloo, in his vengefulness, did something a thousand times worse than Bendy ever did and subsequently totally screwed himself would be really funny. But quite clearly we were wrong. We totally underestimated the passionate hatred people have for those who blame their transgressions on others and boy have we learned our lesson. Never let the bad guy win. Besides that fact, EKIB is not my favorite story I wrote anyway. What can I say, I wrote a dud. Nobody's perfect. I just hope that my other shows like WWW, Frankie My Dear, Store Wars and Mac Daddy may have made up for Bendy in the hearts of the Foster's fans.

And as for your question about Wilt and Frankie and Herriman believing Bendy over him, I'll say that was a choice made because of the short format. 11 minutes is not a lot of time and you have to get your ideas across as quickly and cleanly as possible. It was simpler to have the entire gang in the exact same predicament. To have a side story about Wilt's individual experience would have surely made the story too long. I toyed around with not involving the gang at all and having it just about Bloo. Maybe I should have done that instead.

>I have nightmares that I will be an old, old lady on my death bed with people yelling at me for Bendy and Equal Fights. I hope I can put them behind me some day.

Thank God everybody's moved on, right Lauren?

My Bullshit to English dictionary says that what user actually wanted to say is:
>I wanna wreck dat pussy

There's been several DVD releases. You have the 4:3 pan-and-scan version.
The widescreen is (presumably) the superior version so I didn't see any point in pasting the other releases.

Attached: cats.png (1653x175, 35K)

user... he knew what he said..

There were a number of things which were going against this movie compared to say the Iron Giant.

The movie opens up immediately with Danny leaving his home town in an opening song sequence rather than giving us a little prologue and prelude of just who the fuck he is beyond how the narrator puts it: generic naive country boy with a dream.

I was impressed with Sawyer, especially her liquid-like animation and her smart classy and badass demeanour.

The movie had a decently sad atmosphere with the bleak colors and the rain scenes.

Yes.

I remember seeing it for the first time on a Yea Forums viewing party. Do those happen anymore?

I'd say naive, but alas, I loved how bitchy Darla was.

More Darla please

Necrobumper

they put all the eggs into the "Quest for Camelot" basket.

youtube.com/watch?v=O3UG9lKMf7Q

I guess I mean compared to how much more his extends out compared to Sawyer

she's married and has a daughter with craig mccracken who made both powerpuff and fosters.

pretty standard character design. males get to be wacky, females have to be pretty. although i love sawyer's design in and of itself.

Attached: SawyerMS08.gif (809x500, 33K)

I like to phrase that as "women get to be beautiful, men get to be ugly".

it's boring. i want bishie males and butterface females too.

Attached: SawyerMS03.gif (793x500, 47K)

How hard is it to make everyone good looking?

>More Darla please

Attached: 1558293401055.jpg (620x344, 53K)

>men get to be ugly
better not be trashing my boy danny

I'd like some in-betweens too.

But that said I think Cats Don't Dance is just about a perfect movie. I was happy to see a thread for it only to have pretty much no comment.

Why does bitchy pessimistic girl and insanely optimistic naive boy work so well as a couple

At least we got some good, mercifully short-lived memes out of it.

WITH PRIDE

I always got a kick out of that bow tie scene.

Every scene Max was in was gold. I love how he just appears out of the ether when Darla calls him.

Remove the genders, and it just works because opposites etc.

Alwways thought she was cute and evil, just the perfect bitchy loli.

The problem is that when people design woman that aren't pretty faced people complain.

There's no way to win.

True but I feel the genders play a slight role

(You)

Her hands are so tiny