Congratulations Nefcy! Worst cartoon ending of the decade!

Congratulations Nefcy! Worst cartoon ending of the decade!

Attached: Nefcy.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Olp3QUMQ1cI
youtube.com/watch?v=2A4dq0pSg0c
youtu.be/bjIJZyoKRlg?t=444
youtube.com/watch?v=HsM_VmN6ytk
youtube.com/watch?v=_UO-WTS6KUg
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but thats not Adventure Time

I just finished watching the episode as I've been busy all morning. It wasn't awful like Yea Forums has been whining about. However, there was no flash forward of adult Marco and Star that I thought would have been cool to witness. Plus, the ending of the worlds merging would bring about a lot of shit.

>Marco getting stabbed didn't result in left over magic where he could open a portal to Star.

i actually like how fucked up it was, really kept to the tone of the show

Nefcy hasn't been in charge since the blackmail, that is to say since Battle for Mewnie

>Humans have weapons, the monsters now will be hunted down and mortally wounded
>Magic actually protected the monsters from the human harm
good job star. fuck the monsters.

>Star genociding thousands or even maybe millions
>somehow ponyhead can still float without magic
>the 2 worlds merged, now Mewni is in the middle of United States territory, what means they are either not a country anymore or are invading USA

This is far worse than Adventure Time ending was.

>killing billions for your one true love
Kino

>blackmail
?

Better than SU at least.

SU is a goddamn masterpiece compared to Star vs.

But we have Samurai Jack

Ha complain all you want, but even though season 4 and 5 were trash, the SU ending was exactly how it was going to end.

SU is not over yet

>a show where a kid is unironically a transexual
>good
No

Like holy shit.
It made gravity falls ending a 10 outa 10 for me.

But hey, at least two horny teens get to be together. That makes it ALL worth it, right?

But Marco is from Star vs.

>SU had no gay themes whatsoever
You're delusional

>Worst ending of the decade
That's pure Grade-A Bullshit and you know it.

>Worst cartoon ending of the decade!
That's not Samurai Jack which caused mass hysteria on Yea Forums for months. And Starco won in the end, so that's a 10/10 ending right there

>Congratulations Nefcy! Worst cartoon of the decade!
FTFY, faggot

Aren’t they in California? They will get btfo’d by the national guard. How will Star react when the USA dissects her brethren?

>Aren’t they in California? They will get btfo’d by the national guard. How will Star react when the USA dissects her brethren?

idk i mean, californians will put up with a lot of stuff that normal people don't

So, President Trump pushed the button and nuked Mewni instead of letting magical La Goblins spawn anchor babies everywhere, right?

>giant spiders endangering structures
>flying lizards across the sky
>demons walking the earth
It doesn’t matter if this is California they would nuke the whole city. Either that or believe it’s the end times. 63 percent of the state is Christian too

At least Star vs has like three good seasons going on for it.
SU ended literally with Steven just making friends with the nazis and being glad that in his corner of the universe everything was now "okay". the rest of it can fuck it.

>Final scenes
>Magical freaks swamp Californian cities
>FBI start rounding them up
>CityLibs resist
>"RACIS! They din du nuffin!"
>The rest of America sits back and watches California burn

Bravo Nefcy! How did you get this one past the censors?

>hideous monsters invade America
>they're not even human
>do they even bleed?

Would you stand up and be counted Yea Forums? Would you defend your home against the monster invasion?

I'm curious what the reaction to this are looking like on tumblr/twitter.

Star vs ended with Star becoming Hitler.
Just rename Mewni to little Australia and nobody will notice it.

>one true love
>was fucking a demon literally 2 episodes ago
kek

I'm not, fuck tumblr and fuck twitter

He left her because she wasn't fucking him. She was saving herself for Diaz.

It was Mirai Nikki tier levels of shite

DUCKTALES WINS FAGGOTS

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

Cope, the SU ending was actually good and you know it. The show did go to hell beforehand, though.

Not really. Hitler had a plan.

>saving herself
user, Star was already clubbing before she met Marco. It’s a hotdog in the hallway scenario.

I'd just find me some nice monster girl, fall in love with each other and fuck her silly

Attached: 1539335402731.png (790x1221, 351K)

SU had a way better ending. Star Vs still has the better overall cartoon.

>SU had a way better ending
You dishonest nigger

Attached: 2193018930821931.png (1000x1000, 177K)

There are literally a few things to do just to make the Star ending passable:

1. Get rid of the entire magic is corrupted anyway shit that went on as of lately
2. Whatever you do to the magic, make it so that really the only ones dying because of it gone are the MHC and others just lsoing power, not the potential end of countless lifes.

3. put in an epilogue like 4 years later to show how Mewman and monster relationship actually changed for the better and how Star and Marco changed for the better.

4. Let those two reunite and be happy by finding like a small pool of reforming magic that will connect the two worlds. Do not merge them.

>Steven talks to Yellow and Blue to let him escape, despite no previous interaction even indicating both are slightly acknowledging Steven as his own being
>White Diamond actually makes more sense in calling Pink Diamond out a child hiding behind others than any other character previously praising Pink as being compassionate and looking out for others, because despite the writers best intention, no one in the audience takes Pink as a good figure seriously.
>White, Yellow and Blue "uncorrupt" all the gems on earth and piss off into outer space again to continue their evil empire with a better family dynamic now.
>Lars comes back to earth and the entire "back from the dead and space captain shit" was essentially just a pointless gag idea.
>Earth is now home to thousands of gems learning their rebel leader was space nazi scum and they fought and died for nothing while having to adjust to a true society
>Steven has no actual goal in life because he is just a stupid kid that has not even responsibilities of your average 13 year old.
>Pearl will never get punished for essentially being the second in command to a conspiracy that caused a civil war in gem society

Star and Marco did not even freaking want the merge to happen, it just happened. And they are both too love struck to realize the implications of what the fuck happened.

>Star Vs still has the better overall cartoon.

i wish i could agree with that

Anyone else reminded of the ending to Harry Partridge's American Akira? "and somehow i knew it was gonna be alriiight...."

-california here we come plays-

Meanwhile
>Star killed countless beings who needed magic to live without a second though for a decision she made 10 minutes ago
>to save a few dozen monsters
>even though the demon girl could teleport the monsters to safety without any problem
>even though they could summon Solaria ghost to make the warriors stop

Star vs ending is one of the worst endings in fiction period.

This.
People saying Star vs has the worst finale are redditors.

>t. Sugar

Finn hippie is better than Genocidal Star.

kek

Finn got cucked by his other love interest and did nothing important, at least Star did something even if it was stupid.

In terms of cuckery, I'm pretty sure Star takes the prize on that one too.

>the SU ending was actually good and you know it

Attached: 1482622541029.jpg (500x333, 30K)

I wish someone would make a comprehension greentext summary of the finale / final season of the show. I dropped it after season 3, but I'm curious why so many anger threads are popping up.

>genocide
meh. more like population control, perfectly acceptable and natural

get over yourself & grow the fuck up.

Attached: Joseph-Stalin-Quotes-1.jpg (2000x861, 137K)

It is basically how Dual ended.
The only differences are that Dual was better in every way shape and form.
I'll probably think back on it as a poor substitute for Gravity Falls with a really bad casting choice for the voice of the main character.
Seriously, it still bugs me.
She sounds like a 30+ year old woman not even making a god damn attempt at sounding younger.
I just now looked up Eden Sher in an interview.
Her normal speaking voice sounds more like a teenage twat than whatever the fuck she was doing in the recording booth.

Attached: dual.png (366x533, 454K)

sauce?

Actual kino.
>be yourself Steven

>Removed magic from the universe
>UNIVERSE
Remember when Star not answering a math question threatened to unravel space-time? How long before existence falls into the void from this latest debacle?

Well the guy who managed space-time is now dead, so probably not very long.

Oh user is so happy about the Steven Universe ending he can't contain his joy. Bless you for this post.

She was cucked the whole show but got to bw with Marco in the end. Finn on the other hand got to see how the two girls he was romantically invested kissed each other.

Dual ended on a cliff hanger that wanted another season.

This shit wrapped up its lose ends but left a mess that will go against its S4 message.

I'd say worse than AT, Korra, and SU but on par with Samurai Jack. The future we watched got obliterated along with Ashi, and we never get to see the fruits of Jack's efforts. His friends could be Utopian ideal versions of themselves, or they could never exist in the first place. Meanwhile poor past Jack just got flung into a future where Aku was killed by someone else, so now he just gets to learn that his parents and friends have been dead for thousands of years and he's alone in a strange universe.

Any show ending that goes "let's kill all the fun the magic" is generally still worse than "dude look at these attractive lesbians lmao we're so brave"

Hah, Finn was cucked so hard the only reason BP even paid attention to him was because he was the reincarnation of a girl she knew. Seriously, by the last season all important characters were girls and Ice King.

Any cultist /x/ fags here, what’s the best way for a novice to curse someone

Here's the short version:
>Eclipsa dindu nothing wrong. The show just sorta forgets about how deadly her black magic is and tries to claim she was just imprisoned "for falling in love"
>Eclipsa becomes queen and does shit like evicting Mewmans from their homes because their ancestors took it from monsters hundreds of years ago. She's never really called out for it.
>The humans who were evicted and the ones who just don't like monsters start a colony under the rule of the old ruler. Meanwhile Mewnie goes to shit because Eclipsa is an awful ruler.
>Moon finally gets sick of her shit and teams up with Mina and the Magical High Commission to get rid of her.
>The MHC frees Globgor to show everyone what a monster he is, but he's also a dindu and everyone loves him.
>Moon makes the stupid ass decision to turn hundreds of the evicted people into super soldiers with armor mechs to pressure Eclipsa into exile (just one of them was enough to level the kingdom, but she created a whole fucking army).
>After Eclipsa agrees to exile, Moon finds out she can't control the warriors and they want the monsters all dead.
>Star goes "man, fuck magic. it's always keeping the monsters down" and decides to destroy it
>Does so, also killing every magical being in existence (Spider with a Top Hat, Glossarick, the MHC, ect)
>At the end Mewnie and Earth merge so Star and Marco can be together again. The last minute of the show shows the newly merged universe, mainly things like humans running away from spider monsters and magical creatures nearly getting hit by cars.
>Oh, and Mina is depowered and leaves, swearing to return. A random monster tries to headshot her with an arrow, because nobody else is really trying to stop her.

>past Jack
user, it loops, it's the same Jack.

Am I banned?

I am inevitable.

snaps

did you even watch voltron
but yeah AT was worse, Finn was a side character to his own show

Attached: 35e6cd27f4fafa52fa2e63d269e20d62.jpg (560x398, 38K)

You were wide open, I don't get why Thor wasn't able to hit you in the head. There were two hammers ffs. I get it, they needed to do that but come the fuck on, they could bullshit another excuse for that to happen.

>IT DIDN'T HAPPEN LIKE I WOULD HAVE DONE IT BAAAAWWWWWW

And tonight we get Game of Thrones, so that's 2 bad finales in a row that I watch out of obligation for me.

Season 3 was fucking trash, Star vs had two good seasons and a movie, and even that's debatable.

>JUST SHUT YOUR BRAINS OFF, GUYS

No, the moment Aku is destroyed the timeline where he took over is gone, it never existed.
Arguably, our future Jack should also have vanished, or at least changed into a version of past Jack who was flung forward to the Aku-less future and then just randomly found a natural time portal to bring him back. He can't have memories of a girl who was never born, or events that never happened.

I mean best case scenario was to not be a fag about it and just let the respective Jacks enjoy the point of time they spent most of their lives in, and let future Jack retain his memory so he can appreciate the changes in the new world he created. But instead we got garbage.

more like it didn't happend the way they said it was going to happend and fuck you, just because you liked it doesn't mean is good or that we have to like it

Wait, why do magic beings die? Do they just disintegrate like a Thanos snap the instant magic realm is nuked? Why are people saying Hekapoo dies, is she a magic being but none of the Mewnis are?

Her brothers on the MHC were shown depowered and turned into lifeless, inanimate objects. We never got to see how Hekapoo ended up.

The Mewmans are just humans who immigrated from Earth thousands of years ago. Hekapoo and the rest of the magical high commission are beings made of magic, so they died when magic was erased from the universe. Judging by how gory the unicorns' deaths were, it wasn't a pretty way to go. (you can see the other two MHC's remains in )

>They acknowledging him as being Pink in another body, White is the one who addresses him as ssomething different
>Lars being a space pirate was a gimmick and a plot device to get him home, that's not a criticism of it as a whole
>The war was still justified because Earth would've been destroyed and turned into a colony which was the whole point of the rebellion in the first place
>Steven is a kid, let him be one
>Why would Pearl be punished? She helped save Earth

Some weird takes there my dude, not gonna lie.

That's not how time travel works.

By that logic, if killing Aku in the past caused the future that Jack went to to change, it means that Jack had no reason to go back, meaning there's no future Jack to kill Aku, so the future goes back to how it was, so now Jack will come back, and so on and so forth for infinity.

You're right, it's not.

It's worse.

All this seething. Delicious.

Attached: 67722.png (342x480, 52K)

Now, Yea Forums hating something to death is no news, but is it true that twitter and tumblr are also displeased with the finale?

If they hate it then I love it

I think Nefcy left a lot of shit open in the end so Disney can renew for a 5th season sometime in the future. They can't just assume Humans will coexist with mewnians and monsters without any sort of tension or conflict. How will Mewni rule or enforce order while they are on American soil? How will the American government react to millions of medieval peasant farmers with no job skills or education?

Attached: 1546734828368.jpg (540x407, 65K)

>Star VS getting a continuation or a spin-off
>With THESE numbers
I know tv isn't the be-all and end-all anymore, but Owl House is coming and that already fills the magical girl niche so there's no way Disney is gonna order more of this.

Attached: 776456eaa5e4d4bd59a28641dbcfca10.png (1615x765, 129K)

Star vs is on Disney XD. That's pretty par for the course for any of their shows that isn't Gravity Falls.

garbage

>At least Star vs has like three good seasons going on for it

Attached: 9602.png (1160x930, 1.02M)

Agreed, Samurai Jack was garbage

Didn't it move to the main channel for S3/S4?

Sure but nothing is worse than Star vs. Star vs is garbage

>Star vs dead
>Adventure Time dead
>Gravity falls dead
>Homestuck dead
>Steven Universe as good as dead
The 2010s are fucking over thank god, it was cancer

Sorry for being out of the know, but could someone give me a synopsis of the ending? I missed it.

In terms of eating shit, Finn did

Pretty sure Nefcy confirmed it's over in her Twitter

Don't mind me, just shilling my last projects for this fandom before I go away forever.

/sveg/ tribute
youtu.be/Olp3QUMQ1cI
Star vs the Parodies of Yea Forums Vol.2
youtube.com/watch?v=2A4dq0pSg0c

Attached: JPEG_20180812_135943.jpg (2448x3264, 1.59M)

Star killed the magic, multiple magic people died, Mewni and Earth are cleaved together and her and Marco meet up on Earth and say "hey". Mina runs off. The end.

Women are fucking retarded and should never be allowed even a modicum of power because they will abuse it for petty reasons

Wrong, kiddo

How will the rest of the world react to new geography being smashed into territories along with sapient manbeasts claiming ownership over it?

Seasons 1 and 2 had good beginnings and endings with dull shit in-between, 3 had an alright beginning and that's about it.

Also, SU ended, huh? I kinda put off watching the last episodes because Connie is pivotal in them and I hate that cunt. Feels weird considering I'm a guy with a k+ pics in my SU folder.

Attached: 1469658613544.png (1120x1000, 966K)

Finn became ineffectual, Star became a villain.

Nah SU ain't over, we have a movie and at LEAST a sixth season left. Watch the last arc, apart from maybe one episode it was great (if rushed) and Connie actually did shit to help the plot along so it's not like she was just there taking up space.

It was beautiful

Go back to /trash/

Finn was never intended to shag Marceline, PB was that role until social justice retardy aspects got involved. Poor bastard doesn't even get to improve his swordsmanship or defeat a big boss like writer's pet Marcy.

>He said something positive about SU, he MUST remain in /trash/
>Only people who shit on the show are allowed here
>SU never gets generals
Hmm, really gets the old noggin joggin

>That's not how time travel works.
It's am exclusively fictional trope in a cartoon, time travel can work however the fuck it wants to.

Attached: 1558265875008.jpg (337x264, 23K)

>BTFOed by the National Guard
I know people who are part of the National Guard. They are all, universally, a bunch of drooling retard weekend warriors who joined the National Guard to try and live out their pathetic military power fantasies. It's their only outlet as they'd get bounced out of the actual military (and many were) so hard and fast because they're complete idiots. The National Guard can't even BTFO a standardized test.

Japan and China will be excited to experiment with this new life form. Especially Japan because it's currently rebuilding its army

Attached: Gekiman-2_0145.png (1239x1800, 1.02M)

SVTFOE > Adventure Time > Voltron.

They were all different shades of shit, but fucking hell, it's hard to come up with a worse ending than "Actually I have the power to recreate EVERY REALITY IN A MULTIVERSE, I just never mentioned it until now."

I don't think we're going to come up with a worse ending than that. It's like... THE lowest of low bars.

I still can't believe that the show which established that every spell is actually sentient decided to end with "let's destroy all magic" without even one writer going "wait, hang on..."

There was an episode this season all about the spells and everything!

>Liking Starco
What a basic bitch

adventure time's ending was only bad because they made finn eat shit. Star vs literally everyone but star and marco are ruined. and that's only because they've been shit for a while

Two of the worst fanbases are both autistic level mad about how their shitty show's both ending.

Today is fucking awesome.

Attached: f5324f5324.jpg (2000x1229, 2.91M)

(To the tune of season 1/2 credits)
I think Star was a massive shi-it show.
I've seen so many, that I think by now I'd know.
I think they suit me, they're just my style.
I think I'm gonna stay a little while.

I think that endings are just tests you've yet to take.
The worse the ending, the more there is at stake.
I'm really thinking I should drop this fucking show.

>SVTFOE
The protag does something horrible and the show/writing glosses over the consequences
>Adventure Time
The protag gets sidelined for the sake of an agenda-fueled message
>Voltron
The final conflict loses its fangs to make way for a deus ex-happy ending. An agenda-fueled message gets tacked on.

Korra ended in 2014 and is the gold standard

>Both shows end with the blonde heroine with magic powers committing genocide

I'd argue that the best cartoon endings we've had are Gravity Falls and - trailing a good bit behind - the original Avatar.

Most shows end on a "meh" like Kim Possible, or get canceled without an ending.

We've just gotten swamped with "Jesus Christ, wtf" bad endings lately.

That's actually worse for me. I don't dislike her because she's a waste of space, I dislike her because of her character. She's a narcissistic chuunibyou who thinks that she has a god-given right to not only participate in grandiose space battles and diplomacy but also be important in them. A character like that can exist as an annoying background char who never gets to do anything (because she's just a human with the skills and intelligence of a child trying to meddle with super aliens). Or if she would actually realize what a self-important adventure-hungry cunt she's being and how irresponsible it is to put herself in danger and inconvenience others with her presence in need of constant protection, would have supported Steven emotionally for example, and left the actual super-heroics to the gems. But instead, they keep that unlikable attitude, they don't give her any special skills or strengths (it's the reverse: she an awful influence on Steven) but she still gets to play a big role. This is some unfathomable writing decisions. Like she's a self-insert mary-sue, except they forgot to give her the broken power set but kept every single other awful cliche and writing failure.

Attached: 54221302_p1_master1200.jpg (1180x1200, 775K)

>She's a narcissistic chuunibyou who thinks that she has a god-given right to not only participate in grandiose space battles and diplomacy but also be important in them. A character like that can exist as an annoying background char who never gets to do anything (because she's just a human with the skills and intelligence of a child trying to meddle with super aliens). Or if she would actually realize what a self-important adventure-hungry cunt she's being and how irresponsible it is to put herself in danger and inconvenience others with her presence in need of constant protection, would have supported Steven emotionally for example, and left the actual super-heroics to the gems. But instead, they keep that unlikable attitude, they don't give her any special skills or strengths (it's the reverse: she an awful influence on Steven) but she still gets to play a big role. This is some unfathomable writing decisions. Like she's a self-insert mary-sue, except they forgot to give her the broken power set but kept every single other awful cliche and writing failure.
This, fuck connie

Its mixed on tumblr. Some people are really disappointed with how it ended, and some autists are just screeching "REEE YAY STARCO YASS ECLIPSA MY QUEEN"

Prevailing unsubstantiated rumor has something to do with the current showrunner having pics of Nefcy's husband porking someone else while Nefcy watched. Or some other cuck shit like that.

Who fucking cares. The first two seasons were a fun ride, the last two seasons tried something different and it wasn't a complete shitshow and a half. Aside from Jackie's last minute desire for the ladies.

She stopped Steven from going full native on Homeworld and basically saved everyone from being trapped there forever. You're a terrible judge of character and you let your emotions control you while pretending you're coldly and logically analyzing a character you know nothing about.

Basically [spoilers]Have Sex[/spoiler]

At least KP didn't end the series with a last-minute hookup like they wanted to with the movie. The actual finale dealt with more important things like graduating high school and figuring out what to do next with their lives instead of them being all kissy face to roll credits.

VLD still exists, you know

Attached: Honerva Kira wants a quiet life.jpg (1920x2160, 1.22M)

Steven is not Rose. Steven did not fuck his own dad to create himself. Stop pushing this headcanon.

Attached: reach.png (281x235, 118K)

>a show where a kid is unironically a transexual
>I didn't watch the show but it triggers me so I lie about it.

Exactly, this is what made it acceptable to me. The show started with Star bringing a bunch of weirdness to Echo Creek, and now there's just more of that weirdness with her world crossed with Marco's.
It also works in a thematic way: Star was in Marco's world, then Marco was in Star's world, and now both worlds are one. They're each others' worlds, etc. Sure, anons are bitching about how fucked the world is now, but I think it's in line with the tone of the show, plus I won't be surprised if they release additional content.

Attached: thumbsup2.png (649x451, 340K)

"It was a better ending than Voltron" is the most backhanded compliment we've ever come up with on Yea Forums.

Now it's our job to make the 2020s. What're you up to guys?

>going native = bad
Why do you assume that? Sure, they have a different structure of society and different values that might seem alien to humans (because they are), but what gives you the right to deem them inferior? They've built a fucking intergalactic space empire. Humans are a bunch of monkeys in comparison. All Coney did is her best to give everyone the worst possible case of culture shock. It's like if some tribe from the Amazon went to DC and decided to sacrifice a goat on the White House lawn. It's not good or bad, it's just alien.

>trapped
>in their home world
Are you trapped on Earth, you idiot?

>It also works in a thematic way
The theme that the show adopted is "bigotry is wrong."

It ended with Star deciding that the lives of magical beings aren't important enough to matter. She committed actual honest-to-gosh genocide. Not many writers manage to screw up that badly.

>Steven is not Rose
He kind of is, though. Like he isn't, but at the same time he is. His is a weird situation where it's not correct to say Steven is Rose, but it's also not correct to say Steven isn't Rose.

She’s a monster

Nice analysis. I am gonna screencap this.

>Connie actually did shit to help the plot
same Conniefag

Yes, going "native" means "acting like a soulless gem" which is BAD FOR STEVEN BECAUSE HE'S HALF HUMAN. Holy shit, do you even THINK before you type that shit? If you spent half as much time actually watching the show as you do sperging about some teenage girl you might actually make some sense here. Look at Steven here. LOOK AT HIM. He's miserable, his plan hasn't work and White isn't coming to see him. Food is dwindling and it's highly likely White wouldn't let them go back to Earth to restock. Connie did the only sensible thing and got him to open up and relax, which lead to things actually happening and getting shit done.

You have no idea what you're talking about and you're using vapid and cynical weasel words to disguise the fact that you hate Connie because she's a girl and she's in the way. Go fuck yourself.

>Nice turd, I'm going to bag it up and eat it for dinner later

Attached: together-alone.jpg (854x477, 37K)

Stay in your cuckshed

>they don't give her any special skills or strengths

Attached: 0167ys.gif (375x304, 824K)

Where did that rumor started?

Still he is gay as fuck.

i guess they wanted to rip off undertale.

Attached: 1551220128622.jpg (2048x1348, 272K)

>he's half human
Gee, and what's the other half, you dumb fuck? Is it maybe gem? He's lived all his life on Earth as a human, of course he's depressed and disoriented by hiving to live as a gem now. But we'll never know if he would have adjusted and enjoyed playing an important role in imperial society and being in charge as a gem because Connie went "REEE" at the gem way of life. But hey, being a beach bum is objectively so much more fulfilling that running 1/4th of an intergalactic empire.

But he is right, Connie Nahasanametipalon is a mary sue, not my fault you can't see that tumblr.

What does that gif even mean in relation to that quote? What was your point?

at least it didn't have like seven different love interests for steven

>AT and Voltron
Star vs is worse than both, she fucking genocided a bunch of innocent people to stop a villain that got away with everthing.

He means that her special power is that she is an strong independent woman. Seriously how new are you?

At ending was a fucking insult to the fans.

Adventure Time is worse.

At least Starco happened at the end of Star vs. It caused a lot of problems but it happened.

The monster girls are fine with me. Any giant spider monsters and me are gonna have issues that I may answer with a flamethrower

But she's not strong and can't do anything independently.

>Here's your fuckin Starco already. Fuck all of you. I hope you autists are happy.

Attached: imagine.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Isn’t that setting the bar pretty low there? I mean it happened, but the execution was so terrible that it caused me to hate it on principle of how much shit was brought up and wasted just to get it to happen

>Isn’t that setting the bar pretty low there?

It is but it's not like Adventure Time could even cross that low bar.

Who cares about shipping, again Star did a fucking genocide against a bunch of characters that were her friends without thinking twice.She murdered at the very least hundreds of good people while Mina was not punished even after promising to attack again. Star vs ending was just way worse than pretty much any other show ending in years.

Just looked at Twitter, almost entirely positive. They're all very happy that Eclipsa and co got off scott free

Yes but tumblr believes the opposite.

Voltron is worst of all. Haggar destroyed every reality in an entire multiverse, and Allura went "oh, I'm totally powerful enough to fix that. Sorry for never showing one one-millionth of that power until now."

That may very well be the biggest deus ex machina ever written in a work of fiction.

What even is "tumblr" in this context anyway? "People who disagree with me?"

tumblr is tumblr seriously how fucking new are you?

Did it even need to happen? Some people still wanted it, but why make it happen just for that if it can't be incorporated into the script properly. In contrast no one sane wanted Finn to get together with PB and Marcy by the end of AT because Marcy pitied him at best and PB was outright hostile. He became the sad annoying side character in his own show with an absolutely awful relationship to the people he's spent most of the show helping and seeing as his friends.

No you need to actually explain what you mean. Is it people who post porn? Funny pictures? Shipping shit??? I can't be expected to know every last user who uses the site here user.

>Better than SU at least

OH NO NO NO NO AHAHAHA

Attached: 1548357249065.gif (1816x1080, 1.33M)

>He became the sad annoying side character in his own show with an absolutely awful relationship to the people he's spent most of the show helping and seeing as his friends.

And I'll take Star and Marco's love story over that, thanks.

Surprisingly a good amount of people arent happy with the ending on tumblr. They kinda realize that Star just committed genocide and completely fucked the universe for some of that good marco dick.

Attached: tumblractuallythinksitsshit.png (1631x954, 478K)

Based Sunstone.

Sugar has repeatedly said in interviews that she considers relationships to be a core element of the show. She came up with fusions and even made one of the core cast into a fusion to give an action-show way of making relationships important. Connie exists to be Steven's strongest relationship with a human that isn't his own flesh and blood. An extremely close human friend that's bonded to him on a fusion-level is something that Sugar thought was extremely important to the show.

Better a side character than a fucking villain

Attached: 1558294693411[1].png (604x608, 520K)

Attached: (you).jpg (601x508, 94K)

Thanks for explaining it in a non-spergy way, I always struggle with that. I guess I just have brain problems!

samefag

I'd love to see a film dealing with the consequences of this, the situation they've got themselves in is far worse than maybe a few hundred people trying to like monsters and eclipsa.

OK, but that guy appeared to judge the endings purely on the conclusions of the romantic plot threads and that's what I addressed.

*Cotugno. Nefcy stopped running the show two seasons ago.

Everyone expected deep lore, but what we got was 22 minutes of Starco dunking on us

If that were true we would have had tomco instead of sarco.

Season 2 and early season 3 of Star vs I'd ever consider at SUs level. But it was comfy plowing through the early episodes.

Were there ANY good cartoon finales this decade?

Those are tomco shippers

SU had a better ending and it still has another season to fuck things up.

Mystery Incorporated

S6 will probably be character development and shit just based on what little we know. They could introduce new plots and threats but that would require them to go past six seasons and I'm sure Rebecca would be aware at this point if they were greenlit that far.

Nefcy had enough strength as a writer to deliver interesting junior high drama but she wasn't strong enough to write a good magical girl demon war arc. Which to her defense, almost no one can. All magical girl shows are the most fun when the stakes are on the lower side and the characters are fighting goofy villains and dealing with everyday life than when it goes super-cereal and attempts to feed us a dramatic story.

>22 minutes of Starco dunking on us
Star was cool with never seeing Marco again until the last second

Star wasn't cool with it, she just accepted it as the way things had to be.

Star spent the whole episode trying not to be fucked up by the fact that she can't be with Marco or still trying to be Marco despite knowing it can't work. That's not being cool with it.

>magical Genocide +hellish catastophe due to world merger all for spic dick
>worst ending
Only for brainlets

Attached: 1451403793948.png (878x607, 195K)

Star don't even tell Marco that was the last time they would see each other, no hug, no kiss no "I will love you forever", not starco pandering. Starco was used just to merge the dimensions and that was stupid and underwhelming .

> Reading that much
The moment I knew Yea Forums was the moment it became impossible enjoy a cartoon in peace.

>interesting junior high drama
>interesting
>high school drama
>ever

grow the fuck up holy shit

Attached: 1490416932018.gif (545x524, 143K)

The whole arc they where culminating was over the injustice of racism. The whole ticking clock was of the finale was trying to stop the villain from committing genocide.

Which Star stopped by committing genocide.

I cannot emphasize enough that Nefcy went to Disney and pitched a show about a girl that watched too much anime and daydreamed about being able to do magic, while very very very much not being able to do magic.

Say what you will about Nefcy, but most of the problems with the show came from them trying to halfass magic world lore and fantastic bigotry morals, things that WERE NOT IN HER FUCKING PITCH.

This finale kinda makes me wish we'd gotten the original concept instead.

Attached: starep11-6.jpg (479x307, 86K)

Her original Star comics are pretty based imo

Attached: og_star.jpg (1050x811, 554K)

The 2016 election happened, I'm sure things would be different in a world when this californian retards didn't get so butthurt about politics

>we could've gotten a cartoon about the quixotic adventures of an adorably insane little girl instead of this shitshow.
I'm sad now.

Didn't she change it last-minute before pitching it?

It was like a parody of what the show turned into

From what I've heard she came up with a few variations on the theme in case Disney shot down the main one, but "here are my comics. Maybe a show like this?" was the heart of the pitch. Disney wanted actual magic.

And that’s what makes it a shitty finale.

>romantic plot threads
In AT which was shit

It's not a guaranteed good idea, but a modern day Don Quixote swapping out the Knight aesthetic for magical girl, but otherwise doing a straight adaptation, could be extremely interesting

Gee, is almost like SJWs are retarded babies who cant make good stories, only infiltrate and destroy

>Inb4 FUCK OFF /pol/TARD

And that goes for all the others who go Woke.

Say what you want about SU's season finale, but at least it was consistent with it's themes of redemption and forgiveness.

Star Vs. ending was "How do we stop racism? I know! Destroy magic. That's a route of our problems. And maybe commit a genocide while we're at it." It's like if SU ended with brutally killing White Diamond, and then Steven conquering Homeworld for Earth.

>People find thing I don't like interesting? How absurd!
t. person with Asperger's

And then the entire gem race running out of resources instantly because Pink dying was what caused the resource crisis in the first place. And THEN paint it as good. That's what the Star VS ending is.

I'll concede to that.

Alex Hirsch is a bigger SJW than anyone on SVTFOE and the ending of Gravity Falls was miles and miles better.

The Gravity Falls that he made was virtually identical to the idea he brought to Disney in the first place.

The SVTFOE that got made was virtually unrecognizable from what Nefcy originally thought up.

At most we got proof that you can't shoehorn a silly comedy into being a good MORAL fantasy epic, but I'm pretty sure them trying to have WOKE MORALS was a secondary problem to them trying to make an epic out of a story that wasn't originally intended to be an epic.

Good Work my man. Thanks for the streams

Attached: svtfoe.png (955x697, 900K)

Honestly I wanted this too.

Killing White Diamond would have been a lot better. Actually genocide the gems would have solved a lot of troubles.

Attached: happy duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

How do you kill White? It took the raw power of another Diamond just to knock her down, never mind shatter her.

>GF ending
>better

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the only good thing about GF was S1, and only cause Disney keep Alex Antifa Hirsch in check at the time.

Destroy the planet?

Gems can survive in space.

Isn't Steven the reincarnation of Pink Diamond? Couldn't he just summon her diamond powers and fight her?

How you dense fuck?

Gravity Falls had a garbage ending, what are you talking about?

That is basically what happened during the episode, but Steven would never hurt someone if he could help it. Pink!Steven is all of that power with NONE of the empathy, and White is very fucking lucky that the thing wanted to reunite with Steven (since it would probably die itself if it didn't get back in time).

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

It's by no means the worse. A little rushed yeah but it wrapped up everything as best as it could

I have a dumb question though- when did the show runners know that they weren't going to get picked up for a fifth season? I sort of want to figure out which episode is where the plot had to be changed

With this.

Attached: 1536536232380.jpg (592x541, 30K)

You can't kill White, diamond is unbreakable.

>Greg's VA is in ATHF
>Carl's VA turns up in SU
It's the little things.

Attached: Willienelson1.gif (867x700, 44K)

>You can't kill diamonds but you can fuck them
What did Sugar mean by this?

Have Nefcy or any of the crew reacted to the end of the show yet?

Gravity Falls ending was labasted for not having enough Dipcifica/no main characters dying/etc. But compared to Adventure Times shit ending, and GOT's shit ending, its looking better and better in retrospect

Nice

Attached: Star vs the forces of evil creator Daron Nefcy talks about Narrative Based Drawings Art Attack.webm (1280x720, 2.05M)

You can't ruin a cartoon that was never good in the first place.
Get through your fat autistic heads, but Svtfe had no plot structure or narrative, it's nothing but random hookups\pairing until last minute Starco

Since day 1 because no Disney show gets 5 seasons.
We all now wish it hadn't gotten 4.

>master1200
C'mon, son.

Attached: 54221302_p1.png (1189x1210, 1.24M)

>marco has magic cheek marks

didn't watch it but did they actually pull a voltron ?

Hekapoo is...

Attached: hekapoo_by_ta_na-dbo3v8q.png (660x760, 233K)

Snuffed.

what was wrong with it? grunkle stan got his memory back way too fast, but otherwise it was enjoyable enough. unless you're one of the spastic mabel haters

pink diamond indirecly fucked every character over if that counts

>The SVTFOE that got made was virtually unrecognizable from what Nefcy originally thought up.
It's in keeping with the intent of what Nefcy originally thought up. She wanted an autistic girl but no real magic, Disney made her do magic princess show so the ordinary girls of today, much like those girls that probably bullied Daron when she was a kid, could self-insert as magical princesses. So Nefcy destroyed the concept from the inside out in an effort to teach all the boys out there to stay the fuck away from shithead Stacies like Star. Obviously girls watching the show won't think Star did anything wrong, since they're already sociopaths.
The only thing missing from the finale is Marco getting with Starfan, the real Nefcy self-insert, and them both fucking on Star's corpse.

DEAD

Attached: 1431202973747.webm (1920x1080, 893K)

Would have lasted about 5 episodes. You can't build a series off such a bare idea.

Attached: Star alone.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

>Would have lasted about 5 episodes.
It's not like this show did well with the amount of episodes it got.

>I have pics of you being cucked, hand over the show before I leak them.
I dunno, if this was true, she'd probably get tons of support from people, and blame Bobby instead.

Everyone just hates it cus it's the end.

Lol CNfags are so delusional. Literal crabs in a bucket.
This is why Starfags should have done what the Loudfags did and drove all SU and AT fantards from their threads. Yeah, they would have raged on Yea Forums about it, but then you could have had your own self contained community that isnt tainted by Turner Broadcasting shills.

>I know! Destroy magic
This should be US foreign policy

Have the Cluster grab and crush her

Then they should've stolen the pitch, sicced their evil Disney lawyers on her to keep quiet, and made the show with a different director. Someone that wasn't obviously going to catapult the concept into the shitter when the series hit enough of an audience just to prove a point.

>DUCKTALES WINS FAGGOTS
Well no shit, the way they did the nephews pretty much spells out that's who the target audience IS.

>Steven conquering Homeworld for Earth
you meant merging Homeworld with Earth

That doesn't change anything about the original idea, which is still worse.

Fuck off /pol/tards

is star an autist in canon, would you say?

No. She's a sociopath. We projected autism on her to feel like she was one of us, but the books have since clarified she was only pretending to be autistic in the first two seasons so that people would like her.
You've probably met girls like this too and didn't realize this.

this would be the best way to kill her if they were inclined to. just have her get dragged into the centre of the earth to be tormented for all eternity, hades style.

I suspect White would win even against The Cluster. She has mind-control whammy powers that can turn Diamonds into dolls.

The only thing that beat her was that EVERYTHING she believed was predicated on the assumption that She's Always Right, and then Steven demonstrated that, um, no, she done fucked up.

Existential Crisis, her only weakness.

cluster gems have fragmented minds, you could easily write that they are too disordered to control

This is the girl Bobby fucked in Daron's cuckquean video which Sabrina obtained.

Attached: MV5BZGMzNWMyNjItMDNiYS00OWJkLThlN2UtMGFhNDEyY2IwNGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkwOTUzNDc@._V1_SY1000_SX1500_A (1500x1000, 125K)

Agree. You need to be sociopath level to literally act your way trough life in order to manipulate people into liking you.

>It's in keeping with the intent of what Nefcy originally thought up

No. There are threads of connection, but the flaws in this show stem 100% from the fact that this isn't the idea she came up with.

She spent time thinking up a quirky girl that daydreams too much.

She had to make it so the Magic Was Real. She had to create lore, and epic battles, and overarcing themes of magic oppression. She had to do it without a bunch of time to prepare for the first season.

Now, to be clear, I think that enough time has passed after season 1 that we should've gotten something BETTER than what we got, but that doesn't change the fact that much of the essential groundwork was stuff she hastily slapped together because she'd been carrying around a silly idea for a few years and then Disney asked for something else. There's some thematic connections in Star having magic, but that wasn't where the show fucked up.

The show fucked up with sloppy rules of magic and halfassed fantasy prejudices. And that's a direct result of Disney wanting a show that wasn't the thing that had been pitched to them.

>The show fucked up with sloppy rules of magic and halfassed fantasy prejudices. And that's a direct result of Disney wanting a show that wasn't the thing that had been pitched to them.
No, it's a direct result of Nefcy's spite. A middling to average DM could've come up with a way to keep up the coherency of her world starting with the first episode as base.
Nefcy expressed her original idea by deliberately making the Magical Princess a selfish, faux-egalitarian, overpriviliged mass-murderer but it's okay because she got the guy in the end. It's a full reversal of her original idea done in the worst way possible because she HATES that there are girls out there that take her fantasies and aren't bullied and rejected by boys like she was.

between friends had a better end
amirite?

Would but would not let my wife watch.

Between friends had a girl that was the avatar of that girl you liked but never had the courage to ask for intimacy, a passionate friend selfless lover, who just happened to also look like Star. She wasn't Star Butterfly.

it's still better than

Attached: 1558226899982.jpg (800x450, 84K)

White's fate was one of the first things Sugar came up with, apparently.

When she was a kid, Sugar saw an Educational Short they made girls watch, all about periods and stuff. And there was a depressed girl, and this stiff and smiling happy woman that was all "nope, you gotta SMILE and be HAPPY" that got the kid to smile. And that stuck with Sugar, the big tall gleaming white woman that represented societal norms, telling people to smile, to conform, and to be like her. A good chunk of the show comes from Sugar wanting to march up to that lady and go "I'm not going to be what you want me to be, and you're not always right about everything."

Having the Cluster just grab her and beat her up wasn't the ending that Sugar had constructed the show around. She was building toward a kid walking up to the personification of Conformity and going "I act childish because I'm just a kid. What's your excuse?"

>Someone other than me acknowledging that Dual exists
Weird day

Attached: 1432192134231.gif (320x240, 1.92M)

Overall, the finale was hot garbage, but the scene with Star and Marco both running towards the portal was good. It felt urgent, and the music helped. Marco showed actual, non-angsty emotion for the first time as well.

>honest-to-gosh
Cute.

Was this the actual ending of the final episode? I never watched past the first season.

Got a link to that interview? That's neat, if true.

>Worst cartoon ending of the decade!
You fuckers obviously never seen the ending of Oban Star Racers.

i dont know,i think i hate the adventure time one a little more

No, it's just the world she created (edited from an ep ending), where she finally got rid of the face markings
oh, and all magical creatures are dead, with no further thought about it

>Star is literally pic related and got away with everything.
>Star vs the Forces of Evil
>Star is Evil

What is it with evil winning in cartoons nowadays?

Attached: 0178-011.jpg (1132x1600, 355K)

Considering nobody saw this shit coming, which of the following would have been preferable?
A) Star goes to Earth and stays with Marco
B) Marco goes to Mewni and stays with Star
C) Star and Marco are separated, possibly resulting in simultaneous Manna/Tomstar
D) White light, fade to black
E) Magical reset, status quo restored
F) It was all a dream/Marco was in a coma

>irl shoulderposting
beginning to believe this rumor, that's a well-established nefcy fetish.

Attached: 1520410405493.png (363x563, 357K)

F but rather it was original pitch Star doing the "dreaming" and she's in a mental ward for having murdered a couple dozen people.
Then play it off for laughs just like the show did for the genocide.

Did the Ransomgram creature count as a magical creature? Is best girl okay?!

I'd prefer B. Marco would still be able to visit his family and friends back on Earth with his scissors.

I should have specified that in A or B they are stuck there

So like what Madoka did?

Nefcy may feel proud that people compare her show to GoT.

E, but with a catch. Magic is love based and can't be used for warfare.

>Beat Korra
>Beat AT
>Beat GF
>Beat SU Yes, it is fucking over.
How the ever loving Christ did this rando bitch outdo a decade old cartoon, a sequel to a beloved cartoon, a prematurely ended cartoon, and even a cartoon that felt a decade old all in eating shit? Would people argue this beat Samurai Jack's ending too, or where does that lie?

SAVAGES
SAVAGES

Was it really that bad? I dropped this show after the season 2 finale.

Ooo, good one

>Would people argue this beat Samurai Jack's ending too

This was way worse. Samurai Jack's ending basically just confronts you with the reality of what stopping the future entails and has a degree of nobility in its sacrifice.

This basically blows up everything that made Star's culture unique and then slams on a last minute twist ending that just makes you question what the hell is going on and how any of it's supposed to work.

Attached: Aku Gif.gif (500x700, 305K)

This ain't Sekai Oni.

Star Vs. did nothing but reaffirmed that modern Western cartoons are a fucking joke.

Attached: 47750488-55E4-452E-8AAA-EEB5F356AE7F.jpg (464x401, 15K)

Be fair user.
Ashi dissipating during the wedding instead of as Aku was destroyed made us scratch our heads quite a bit as well.

>You fuckers obviously never seen the ending of Oban Star Racers.
Well it was airing in the mid 2000s, wasn't it?
All I remember was that the co-pilot became the god of the universe and got seperate from the MC while she got her family issues patched up.
I don't even remember that show much now, could you give a reminder?

It had a solid soundtrack!

Yeah, its not a great ending. If they wanted to go dark then I think they should have gone full on and had Ashi Terminator 2 herself to destroy the last vestige of Aku.

Or they could have just done a sappy happy ending and eaten the criticism for being uncreative.

Attached: Thumbs UP Terminator 2.gif (200x120, 941K)

its not sjws user, its women. and the worst is they think theyre making things better as they make it all about themselves and their fantasies of being consequence free bitches who dont have to treat anyone well but are loved, right, and awesome anyway. look for logic and you'll be bamboozled.

the destruction comes in that no one else wants to be a part of such a shallow heirarchy or read such a shallow story

Truly she was star vs the forces of evil

Attached: D6-dPs2W0AA2xjT.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

y'all only hate the ending because characters you liked died if they were somehow spared even with the magic gone them you wouldn't care about muh genocide or the world fusing. they should've at least showed how all those life form managed to live together peacefully.

It was in Crewniverse podcast. The short was Disney's "Story of Menstruation." Something always creeped Sugar about about some of the undertones in it, especially when the crying girl's reflection starts smiling and the oh-so-perfect-and-presumably-smiling narrator tells all the viewers to STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF and just SMILE.

youtu.be/bjIJZyoKRlg?t=444

Yeaaaaah, that ain't healthy.

lmaoing @ u guys.

Attached: a whale.png (81x34, 5K)

G) Star realizes that spells are sentient, and has all the spells in her spellbook have a good chat with Solaria's old spell, figuring out how to turn off the Solarian Soldiers' powers.

I'm gonna honest I forgot how much I loved the opening until I listened to it again right now.

Attached: 1432495767841.png (997x750, 947K)

wow, the animation really did change a lot between seasons.

I feel like the Star Vs ending was both rushed and out of nowhere. I mean, Star loves magic. She even restored the magic in Season 3/the movie. The Firstborn is the same unicorn she brought out when she first dipped down, and the Realm of Magic and the Sanctuary waters are golden just like she made them. All signs of the bond Star has with magic. Maybe if there had been more stuff done to show how magic has been corrupted by how much it’s been abused lately, you could have something, but then you’d still have the spells, who are all sapient.

I’m going to be honest, the cleaving at the end wasn’t that big of a deal for me, because it’s a cartoon, and it’ll all work out in the end...somehow. But it’s destroying the magic that bugs me. Especially since it kills a lot of people that were friends/allies. Also Mina getting away. I mean, I get it, it’s a metaphor, but why not find a jail to throw her in, or at least tie her up? Even the Starco stuff didn’t really have a climax. Lots of build up and sweet moments, but then it just sort of...stumbles at the end. I don’t know, it’s an okay finale, but it’s really jarring compared to the rest of the series.

I kind of wish that one fake leak where Star and Marco change the magic into something that can only be used for love with their love was true now, even as cheesy as it would have been.

cheese is better than shit.

heres my take on it, without changing the general plot:

instead of destroying the magic. Star gets the idea that casting a spell that needs so much magic to succeed would break the solarian warrior spells (not enough magic left to sustain it) marco get an idea: to move mewni to the real world, as a planet opposite of earth in the solar system. star cant muster enough magic to do it, so moon, eclipsa, meteora and even marco with the wand help to do it. it works but marco is ejected from mewni from the magical shenanigans. the solarian warriors are defeated and mewni lose the ability to cast magic. portals cant be used anymore but marco can use the wand with janna's tiny unicorn in it to communicate with star. months later, mewni is fully in the solar system and marco can finally be with star again after magic mostly returns to mewni.

Steven Universe hasn't officially "ended" yet. Let's not jump the gun there.

>finales are only good if my ships come true

Please kill yourself

Riddle me this Batman.
If it's so important to Have Sex to not be an alt-right incel shitlord... why didn't Marco and Star Have Sex in the finale?
It's because Starco is NOT CANON, Batman!

>y'all only hate the ending because the main character committed genocide
Setting aside how stupid that position is, the worst girl also won.

So, uh, which of tonight's finales was better? SvtFoE or Game of Thrones?

This is literally part of the finale.

What's worse: contrived or retarded?

I thought Star Vs was fine, especially with a Starco ending. I don't watch GoT so I don't know how they're handling their ending.

Game of Thrones was both.

What if in response to the hostile alien incursion we see the rise of an international organization, an Extraterrestrial Combat Unit, if you will.

Attached: 1495068182387.jpg (500x375, 49K)

>Commander, intel suggests that this recent Alien incursion has been caused by two teenagers.

Star's ending was satisfactory. Not great, but not bad either. The 3.6 roentgen of cartoon endings.

I've heard it compared to Regular Show's and that's the way I feel. The gave the fans mostly what they wanted, half-assed a final fight together, and called it a day. I'd say RS didn't try to take itself nearly as seriously and that helped it, while Star's ending was more about fighting the idea of what the showrunner's think is "evil" (Racism, segregation, Drumpf) rather than a physical embodiment of it like Sauron/Lich King/Bowser/Ruby Eye Shabranigdo/etc. Something that can never truly be defeated but can be shunned.

SU hasn't even ended so I don't know why these rockfuckers keep bringing it into Star threads. If Star fans could arbitrarily choose an ending high point I'm sure they would pick Battle of Mewni, which shits all over Change The Channe- errrm Your Mind.

AT was just a horrible cartoon all together and it needs to be sentenced to the dustbin of Yea Forums alongside Scott Pilgrim and Homestuck for ruining this board for so many years.

Attached: BASTE Lola.png (1080x1080, 1.36M)

Remember to take your birth control roastie. Maybe that will desensitize you enough to make Star vs less disappointing for you

It was worth it for the kino last scene of the sun rising over the cherry blossoms and coloring the world

The entire thing was kino, right down to it matching up with the first episode when jack was sent into the future to when he returns

People were just made because it was made a decade+ late and most of the kids grew into bitter adults with their own headcanon they'd repeated a hundred times in their mind as the "true" and "best" ending, so when it didn't match up it was bound to disappoint them. It's easier to accept an ending you don't like when you don't literally have years and years of your life to stew over it.

Though I guess personally I liked it more since I went back to college and finally got those last few credits I needed right around the time the season aired so it was kino, like moving on from childhood into full adulthood for me.

WOOOOOOOOO

Attached: The Evil Is Defeated.gif (540x296, 2.25M)

That's neat user, you're a grown man who doesn't care that there were 5 seasons of stories invalidated by that ending because at least you got your taste of symbolism out of it. I unironically salute you. Now leave this board and never come back.

>Drumpf
Kill yourself, libcuck

This is the shit I'm talking about. The show was always about going back. Even the part with the guardian showed that he would go back. You were always wrong, there was never a point where Jack wasn't going to erase Aku's timeline.

The only problem with the Gravity Falls ending was the pacing.

I'll say I'm glad I watched SvtFoE first. Game of Thrones reeked of second-rate writers trying to come up with an ending for a better man's story, but I was able to watch it thinking to myself "well, at least they didn't have any main character commit genocide and not even notice that's what they wrote."

Yea Forums keeps providing very low bars.

>Worst cartoon ending of the decade
That isn't legend of korra

I thought they stopped showing that short to kids a long time ago. Like, in the '80s. She must've gone to a cool school.

what genocide?
most magical creatures were in the high comision and the other are either spells or magic users.
like 5 ppl died lmao

Women can write some things good, but a lower fantasy medieval drama like Star VS was trying to become since season 3 isnt something Ive ever seen a woman excel at.

>Women don't have the ability to understand companionship, brotherhood, friendship, loyalty, honor or sacrifice
>Why do you think all male characters always get "shipped" for example Sam and Dean from supernatural, they were brothers for god sakes
>Have you not wondered why movies have become so emotional and have fake unrealistic male relationships? Why so many more people are "gay", why transgenderism is a thing? Women, they cant understand what any of those qualities mean
>Dogs and cats are perfect examples, dogs will follow you to death without hesitation, and you would do the same for that dog, while cats will simply live with other families, wait for you to die, then claim your body by eating eyelids
>Women are a pure plague on society, and when the day comes, and its coming soon, where babies can be grown in pods artificially, I would not expect women to be around for much longer

Korra's isnt as bad because the whole show was consistently shit. Star VS was pretty good at some points

damn dude, im sorry you are looking forward to reproduction pods lmao

The spells count as people user. we've literally seen them laugh, cry, make friends. start families

Attached: 1558319822397.jpg (1280x717, 125K)

It's weird because "in the series we're writing, spells are SENTIENT BEINGS" is such a unique twist. No other series has done that.

How the fuck did they not take "our magic is alive" into consideration?

i mean yeah it sucks that those characters died,
but that last 2 wand episodes where kinda trash.
fair enough the wand characters got fucked
still worth it to kill the magic specially with how many times the wand/book and other magical crap fucked everything up
magic solved these problems but also caused them, and in a way that was a constant theme all through the show. hell season 1 was just star fucking shit up and the fixing it.

The funny thing is that if it had just ended here, it would have been one of the most kino cartoon endings of the decade.

Attached: friends.png (1920x2160, 2.68M)

Eclipsa should have been evil the entire time. Would have saved the show from the travesty it has become.

The problem was NEVER "magic is bad" the problem was always "these two races don't get along."

Getting rid of magic doesn't solve that problem, it just gives monsters (who have giants, have hax regen, have super-strength, have flight, etc.) a major advantage over non-magical regular-ass Mewmans.

No, Diamond is the hardest substance, but it's not unbreakable. It's quite brittle actually

idk user there's no way this doesn't end badly for everyone

Attached: new world.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

So what about everywhere else in the multiverse? You really think no other magical beings existed other than 5?

Looks like someone's mom abused their child

Attached: 1553406365832.jpg (226x223, 15K)

>Women don't have the ability to understand companionship, brotherhood, friendship, loyalty, honor or sacrifice
Wasn't fma made by a girl.

i mean i dont think it was implied that magic from all dimensions was erased, just mewnis and earths
well yeah magic was a very usefull weapon and it did save moons ass vs toffee. but from what the show presents monsters have been beaten various times and considering that very few mewmans are able to use magic i think mewmans just know how to wage war.
which makes sense since humans are actually united while monsters are just beginning to be united under globgor. so either way with eclipsa being a monster smoocher there should be an era of peace in mewni and monsters should be preety happy and not try to devour ppl and stuff.
that is untill the worlds merge and shit hits the fan
the more i think about this endind the more chaotic and messed up it seems,
atleast it feels like the show kept its spirit of wacky and chaotic shenanigans even without the magic
but yeah i would not wanna live in mewnifornia

Japs women can, but western women in animation industry can't.

exactly!

>Posts an anime that jokes about child abuse
Oh wow, the fucking irony.

This is your brain on incel.

What are the chances of the story continuing as a comic like adventure time. Other than starco It doesnt feel like a proper ending, mina is still doing the same thing and the monsters and humans don't look as though they'll happily live together straight away plus the lack of magic wouldn't suddenly kill the conflict that went on in stars world.

Hey guys? I accidentally did a Genocide route.

If I rewatch the whole thing can I still get the good ending?

I'm not caught up, did the season 1 villain ever come back and do something or was he just a jobber?

Attached: TsEx99M.png (200x200, 33K)

I'm... really not sure what to say.

Just maybe that the "leaked ending" about magic being re-made with love sounded waaay better.

And god knows it didn't sound particularly good.

If you mean Toffee, he came back in S2, was killed off in S3, and in the penultimate episode of S4 was posthumously revealed to have been right all along but doing what he did for the wrong reasons.

He kinda jobbed but also remained one of the characters/things least ruined by the show.

He got his shit together. He took all his shit, put it together, and turned his life around. He evaluated the state of his life, went "shit," and got his shit together.

He now lives a better life, after getting his shit together.

I genuinely thought Star would refuse to let Marco go just like that, and think of another plan to stop Mina. Anything really, not this poor excuse of an ending.

Attached: 1497550706063.jpg (500x463, 35K)

Star vs was an awful show with an even worse ending

Yeah user, your actions don't have consequences since you're just watching it again. You'll see.

I ragequit when kellco happened just to be killed offscreen two episodes later, but kept reading the threads and spoilers.

I have the eps dl-ed and ready, but not sure when I will be bothered to watch it.

Reading what happened, I really can't understand how it went from what this show was about in S1-3 and even this very S4 to LET'S GENOCIDE ALL MAGIC OH AND ALSO TELEPORT MEWNI TO CALIFORNIA BECAUSE UH WHY NOT. I'm not sure if it sounds like on of the worst endings in history, but definitely one of the most lol wtf random ones.

Can't believe the only show that will possibly end decently and without controversy is the show that once put Yea Forums in its knees.

No, still would have been fucked up. It just wouldn't have also been fucked up with Nefcy cum sprinkles on top.

I thought it was gonna be bad. It was. But like the bar was set in my heart by AT, and this was at least better than that.

Attached: smiling_MAGA_guy.png (466x464, 41K)

Maybe you're just retarded

He never got to meet Star's other spells :(

Attached: 1558315523015.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Quick reminder that the Series finale is basically the Joker ending of Injustice 2

His life was obviously worth less than nothing to Star either way.

maybe they shouldnt give the god stick to a fucking 8 year old girl. magic is NOT! the problem here, dumbasses that look at it like a plague instead of a source of life are the problem.

BEGONE DUMB

Attached: 1551037531526.jpg (1280x1280, 173K)

>no magic
>hey guys I want more magic

But user is from Tumblr

So there's nothing wrong with genociding the jews?

Starwaifu fags and eclipsa fantards Be angry

If it's done by the most #woke and progressive person imaginable then no

>California
At least there was no human loss

>>>Tumblr

How was Korra's ending bad? The surprise lesbians thing is like the least surprising part of it.

>>Star genociding thousands or even maybe millions
This didn't happen.

It left a bunch of plotlines hanging and the Kuvira battle was disappointing.

You first, Tumblrina

being miserable isn't a bad thing
stoicism is a better way of living.

Different magic or something it's not like the series isnt already full of ass pulls.

Not when you're on a time limit re:food etc.

Nobody said that and off yourself

Why would they introduce all these magic characters so near the end if they planned in slaughtering them all off screen?

Did they really think they where getting another season and this was all setup.

Shows not over numbnuts. They have another season and a movie left.

is it?

Attached: gsd.png (1280x720, 662K)

Don't be silly Tom, its ALWAYS time to dump on Tom!

Sources

Honestly kind of sad how much shit treatment he got after working to genuinely improve himself as a person.

It must have been because nothing got resolved if it wasn't for starco I wouldn't have cared for this ending.

People keep saying this, and people keep falling for it. Show's over guys, where can you possibly go with the narrative? That dimensional merging destroyed the status quo ensuring no future stories.

chose a random thread to ask this
is there a nyaa.si equivalent for cartoons? or do you guys just watch them on TV

Attached: 1554183638620.jpg (1200x1200, 170K)

A genuinely good lesson for everyone:
You improve yourself as a person for your own good. How others treat you is up to them.

Steven universe. Not Star Vs

My mistake

It would have lots of potential if it was more about adventure a la little prince.

Its just SJWs writing what they know. Nice guys finish last. Be a nice guy, super understanding, kind, generous, and a pushover, get cucked. Seems on brand to me.

These last handful of episodes feel so much like Lost to me. The writers bit off WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH and just had to throw shit at the wall to see stuck to end it.

Betty's death is enough.

well, kind of. sugar admits herself she changed the show halfway through because she wanted personal catharsis. but honestly, i think the earlier problems the show presents will age a lot better.

>When we started, I used to want to explore a sort of "reverse escapism," where fantasy characters longed to be human beings, and where the cartoon actually asks you examine real problems and hardship instead of providing escape. Since I had this goal my feelings on escapism have changed hugely. I now recognize that the show has been an escape for me, and that my fantasy is to express myself freely and not be shot down because of who I am... and that this dream is constantly coming true for the characters on the show. So my feelings on escapism are complicated now. I think it's just that my dream wasn't like the dreams I'd seen on TV growing up.

Attached: 1503688840983.png (808x1920, 648K)

>Its just SJWs writing what they know. Nice guys finish last. Be a nice guy, super understanding, kind, generous, and a pushover, get cucked. Seems on brand to me.
Nah, that's female-aimed writing in general. Shoujo writers tend to be on the Japanese conservative side and pic related is the norm

Attached: 1416621029499.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

How’s it fucking awesome?

>Be a nice guy, super understanding, kind, generous, and a pushover, get cucked. Seems on brand to me.

But Marco is a nice guy. In some ways he's more of a nice guy than Tom is and he's the one who cucked Tom.

Star and Marco just go together better than Tom and Star do.

I know but some anons here are projecting really hard. That's why MC from haremshit is a lifeless cardboard, so the audience can say it's literally me, and the secondary male(s) never get any pussy.

To be fair, Marco became a douche on S3 but he started to show signs of recovery after the BMB curse was cancelled

Attached: rosario-vampire-.jpg (484x800, 86K)

He's pleasant, but still mostly sticks up for himself. He expresses his opinion openly, and when confronted doesn't go rage mode stupid. He has a backbone and ideals and sticks to them for the most part.
>Star and Marco just go together better than Tom and Star do.
also this.

Blackmailing Nefcy over her cukquean proclivities is like trying to blackmail Elton John over being gay.

Truly he was /ourguy/

>Nefcy tries to make a happy ending
>Unintentionally makes a western equivalent of a devilman ending where many lie dead, ruined and in chaos.

Attached: __devilman_fudou_akira_and_makimura_miki_devilman_crybaby_and_etc_drawn_by_kuuki_pixiv2244659__c2656 (868x1228, 367K)

>and they looked upon the world and saw there was no more to conquer

Truly kino

I thought that star was jacqui from the thumbnail. But that's a cute fucking star.

Starco official theme

youtube.com/watch?v=HsM_VmN6ytk

StarVS is officially a Devilman timeloop

Attached: lovers-reunited.jpg (319x460, 31K)

Rose/Pink Diamond literally ceased to exist as a being. The gem which is technically her body is also a part of steven's body but it's more accurate to say that half of him comes from his mother (that half being her entire gem) and that Steven Diamond is a separate being from Pink Diamond.

SU kept the main themes and ideas intact and the idea of Rose being Pink was around a long time before the reveal. Compare that to star where halfway through they realized they didn't want eclipsa to be the monster queen and just made her spells designed to kill people into part of a le quirky personality.

But Star vs. was about an insane girl anyway

Huh. That's actually a really fucking cool realization. Reminds me of my own story telling goals before I gave up. Kudos to sugar.

Attached: tumblr_nm8z8ecUbK1r3f7q1o2_540.gif (540x304, 208K)

Attached: 3c7.gif (480x270, 1019K)

Never heard "the grass is always greener at the other side"?

Attached: lol women.jpg (1449x3000, 618K)

Phineas and Ferb did.

SU may not always get it right, but with stuff like this I will always respect Rebecca and what the show is about in general. It's honest, sincere and while flawed is one of the better shows of the 2010's.

>Yea Forumstard trying to pass for an anime expert because he saved on picture with a funny name
EVERY
TIME

>Japanese wives boss their husbands around, and the smartest way to deal with these overpowering women is to give in to them. At home, I behave just like a dog: I show my appreciation to my wife and always apologize in advance, even if I have done nothing wrong. Of course, she gets mad anyhow, so it is best to stay at work. I think this is universal, though: Men are struggling and losing out to stronger women, but I find many foreign women a lot gentler than their Japanese counterparts.

Attached: Mamoru Oshii.jpg (600x400, 45K)

You are actually retarded, holy shit.

Attached: 1557647272801.jpg (640x360, 25K)

this guy either has an abusive wife, or he's being a lousy husband in ways he's conveniently leaving out. probably the latter

No it isn't. Not even close when shit like Motorcity and Wander Over Yonder exist, the latter even doing the exact themes better for fucks sake.

>Worst cartoon ending of the decade
Shut up hippie

Attached: moon.gif (569x427, 2.05M)

This.

Attached: scott-pilgrim-self-respect.gif (500x270, 462K)

That's a general feeling among Japanese men. That's why they find the kawaii culture so appealing. An underage waifu that never lost her innocence, never age and don't menstruate. It's a fetishization of youth and innocence. Oshii himself is a confessed lolicon

Attached: akb48_1.jpg (800x600, 116K)

I've never watched WOY and I rarely hear people talk about it except to put down other shows like SU.

>Everyone loves Toffee because he's charismatic and has a mysterious master plan
>He jobs at the Battle of Mewni, seemingly cutting his master plan short
>Everyone complains about this because the show has lost it's most interesting character
>The show ends with Toffee's master plan being revealed as him traumatizing Star so hard that she joins his side
>Star fulfills Toffee's plan by exterminating the magic
>Not only was Toffee's plan never interrupted as we had thought, but he even fucking won in the end
SURPRISE

Attached: 37274cb42e3a6b89ed7f26d93841cf00.jpg (356x600, 47K)

this is especially funny since many japanese in the 'lolita' subculture (frilly princess outfits) dress that way because men supposedly hate it

unless something is especially good and/or especially nostalgic, people tend to forget why a show was good and remember its flaws.

Attached: zlettiebobettie 1 (7).jpg (800x806, 625K)

i keep seeing this argument that Star killed millions, but the only ones that died were the magical comission and the spells inside the wand, everyone else survied.
just look to ponyhead she is magical no doubt, yet she can still fly and Tom is alive too.
the genocide argument die in the momment we see these 2 alive.

Attached: ponyhead finale.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

>diamond is unbreakable
Then attack it with the golden wind.

How? The Cluster is stuck inside the Earth and I don't think it could stretch from there to Homworld.

gravity falls has a perfectly good ennding

The kawaii culture born from Japan's butthurt from losing the war, Japan's fascination with cuteness, but the kawaii meaning as we know it today truly born when young girls refused to grow up because they saw how dad ignored mom at home and instead spoiled them when they were little girls. (Does that mean dad will ignore me when I grow up and become like mom?). Also Japan has a fixation with purity for the shinto religion and a spiritual emptiness that they've been trying to fill since the great defeat. They tried communism in the 60's but it didn't work so they moved to hyperconsumerism taking advantage of the Japanese miracle but consumerism leave you empty. Then male authors started to follow the cutesy shoujo style in the earlt 80's and coincidentally Urusei Yatsura became a huge hit, and together with SDF Macross and the early Ghibli movies like Cagliostro and Nausicaa. it'll lead the way to a generation of emotionally stunted young men that felt alienated in a world without meaning. More on this on Otaku no Video

Attached: otakutopcopialg8.jpg (358x269, 25K)

I would not be against Star vs season 5.
At the same time season 4 ending feels like a proper ending.

Attached: DsJ7DBJWkAIROjR.jpg (750x936, 100K)

based turboweeb

Finally we got a winner here.
No matter what hobby we let them into, women take it over, shit all over the floor and then cry muh soggy knees when it predictably dies.

There was a Dutch Survivor spinoff a decade or so ago, in which half the island was male only and the other hapf was female only. The long and the short of it was the men built civilization and the women sat around complaining. Then the show swapped 2 men and 2 women. The swapped women were the center of attention,and got everything they wanted as all the men fought over them. The swapped men wept when they saw all the hard work they did would have to be repeated. A

The story of commercialized Neoteny.

Fuck I remeber seeing clips from that.

Attached: PIZZA.jpg (463x600, 45K)

Yeah svtfoe was still better than korra and adventure time, sorry op

Name please? Sounds fun (women side) and comfy (men side)

Dang. The truth really does hurt dont it..

Attached: dangman.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Was any season of Star on the level of Korra's third season? Honest question, haven't seen more than 3 episodes of Star.

There where thousand of spells living in the wand user. every room had the spells made by the wand user at the time and there where many generations worth of spells.
Star killed thousands to save dozens and she didn't even needed to do that.

Attached: Star Spells.jpg (941x530, 156K)

I wonder if they even remembered that fact when they wrote the ending.

I'm flabbergasted
The star vs finale has people here saying good things about SU

>star alone had like a hundred spells
>dozens queens before her
>they all made their own spells

So did she fuse the multiverse? Or just earth and mewni?
How is ponyhead gonna get ti her dimension?

MEWNI HAD ITS CHANCE!

She can't, anyone on Earth is stuck there forever.

AT was good compared to this shitshow.

Attached: reeeeeeeee.jpg (1280x720, 322K)

absolutely based and truthpilled

Did she also confirm the magic came back in the end?

women just need men to temper their irrationality.
just like men need women to temper our... temper.
The fact that anyone is allowed to rule anything as an individual rather than as an equally-balanced male-female partnership is baffling to me.

I would let myself get raped by qt monstergirls and become an obedient househusband

>implying

Co/ how would you make a Tomstar ending with Star and Tom being happy?

You're supposed to have a satisfying ending where loose ends are tied up and years of build up is let go in a beautiful series finale.

This was the opposite of that.

Attached: S2E30_Baby_angrily_tells_Marco_Diaz_to_get_out.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Star and Tom get together again. Everything is going good, but a few weeks later Tom finds Star’s body after she hung herself. He finds her suicide note explaning how a living a life without Marco is no life worth living.

Attached: VotedHitlerStar.png (954x697, 887K)

I want to see a counter-mewni human shadow organization send in their best to capture to the wand. youtube.com/watch?v=_UO-WTS6KUg

Is Baby dead?

There was nothing wrong with Voltron ending, aside from Shiro sudden gay marriage.

t. Shallurafag

severely underrated

Attached: 1000 internets.jpg (400x174, 47K)

have a (you)

>my 3 year old posts are there
not sure what to feel, I even deleted my Yea Forums folder already

Attached: 1557718675960.jpg (2816x2112, 3.11M)

the only reason I started to watch this shitty ass show

So was Doop Doop some kind of hint that Nefcy & Co. had stopped giving a shit, and so should we? Being voiced by Justin Roiland, he kind of starts off with that 'nothing matters' vibe. And then really, his only narrative purpose is to kind of emphasize that he and all Star's other spells have ceased to exist.

Just for the record, I really liked the ending of both Gravity Falls and Adventure Time (though they both had their flaws.) And Even though I thought the Steven Universe finale was pretty shaky, I enjoyed it overall. This finale, however, was god-awful.

Attached: DoopDoop.jpg (1512x805, 247K)

SU has far, FAR too many problems for it to even be considered good, much less better than most cartoons that came out this decade.

It's a great show, it's just that it's much easier for people to talk about shows they hate.

She was a magical being so yeah.

Attached: S2E30_Star_Butterfly_looking_ashamed.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>taking fucking reality television seriously because it feeds into your warped worldview

Attached: 5bd08d0563c6a.jpg (1214x697, 48K)

I think it's supposed to show how fucking shitty Star has gotten, and how much she cares about magic as a whole. She didn't even give a fuck about her 'daughter' and went out of her way to be a gigantic cunt towards her, even while she was just a dead corpse.

>tfw star tried to rip off both endings at the same time

>you will never marry a cuckqueen that makes her tv show all about you cucking her

>ignoring blatant evidence that your brainwashed worldview is false and damaging
You probably think that one company owned, staffed, and ran by women that completely self-desructed into infighting among catty whores is just a tool of the patriarchy, too.

Attached: ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg (468x538, 104K)

>reality television
>blatant evidence
You really are stupid beyond words, fucking hell. Also, you're aware that the vast majority of companies don't even make it past their first year, right? It wouldn't have mattered what gender they were, the odds are against you from the start.

Also nice source on either of those things, faggot.

Attached: 4 (You).png (1190x906, 178K)

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
Here. Now attack the source rather than responding to the facts, like you roaches always do.

>And then really, his only narrative purpose is to kind of emphasize that he and all Star's other spells have ceased to exist.
Not even that. It emphasized just how little Star actually cares about her own creations at the end of the day, despite how it completely contradicts the Spider with a Top Hat episode.

Spider with a top hat is just a fancy gatling gun. Star hates magic because it's only used to create weapons and other things that fuck up the lives of people. Even the fucking laser puppies had laser eyes that could blind you.
Other queens nearly destroyed the world, ended gravity, used spells to create invincible superwarriors who want to enact genocide, creepy mindcontrol spells, creepy mindswap spells, creepy spying spells, black holes and such.

Don't let the spells inside the wand having a personality fool you. They're all killer robots who readily serve whomever holds the wand.

I didn't ship anyone, it just came out of nowhere.

>Star hates magic because it's only used to create weapons and other things that fuck up the lives of people. Even the fucking laser puppies had laser eyes that could blind you.
But Star has never once bothered to use magic outside of self-serving weaponry. Just like how Eclipsa was only interested in using spells made for dark purposes that corrupted the very magic pool itself. The queens would rather blame magic itself than their own personal faults that prevented thrm from using magic wisely.

And now it's too late. The butterfly dynasties use magic in irresponsible warmongering ways, creating dangerous weapons in order to keep control.
If even Moon, a rather responsible well-meaning nanny godqueen who will sacrifice her own happiness to guide her people fucks up greatly by recreating unstoppable superwarriors that went out of control, then somebody dumber with that terrible power can and will do even more damage.

actually the part that bothered me most was the unused evil allura plot, the fact that there werent any other alterante dimension traveling voltron that could help and haggar shooting missiles at realities and destroying them, that was fucking retarded

Exactly. So much of the finale just completely contradicted so much of what had come before. Magic is bad? Since when? Until that exact moment the tone of the show was the total opposite. That came out of nowhere.

It's bad enough that I almost have to believe it was deliberate. Barring sudden mass brain damage, I can't understand how people who had been working on the show up to this season could have thought they were doing good work.

>Magic is bad? Since when?
Since the very first episode. Star used magic to create a burning rainbow over the capital city of Mewni. Ludo wanted the wand with its magical power to rule the universe. Magical beings fuck up the lives of normal people. Magic creates weird problems that the people simply couldn't handle at all.

Well, it certainly made it clear that magical beings aren't important to anyone. Star left him alone in a closet, unable to move for probably over a decade. Which for a normal person would mean insanity, and issues you will carry with you throughout all of eternity - a literal problem for a magical being. But no. Fuck 'em. Who cares. Their lives just do not matter.

>Their lives just do not matter.
They really do not matter, because they will always gladly serve a new master.

Okay, let's be real here, we obviously weren't supposed to take any of that seriously. At no point was there any kind of moment where we took stock of the real implications of any of that. When we did start taking magic seriously, it was something to be used to defeat evil, and something that needed to be protected from that evil.

If you watched Star's magical shenanigans and your response was honestly 'Oh God, how horrible, those poor people' you've gotta be one of the most insufferable people on the planet.

Magic was nothing more but a source of trouble. Heck, the mewmans never really improved, because they had allpowerful queens with magic doing everything for them.
Everyone's life with magic was shit.

Yeah I'm sure your favorite character not appearing much or Steven being two inches shorter in one scene is a big deal to you but not everyone has tunnel vision when it comes to the show. It's reviewed well in the media and not just because of the progressive shit. It's flawed, but good. Deal with it.

Mewmans are just Humans who fell into a magic well, lost their memories, and was given a magic wand by Glossaryk. Cheek marks mean you have magic ability. Marco has cheek marks when he holds the wand because he has magic.

They literally explain it in the fucking show.

That piano intro always sends me back to 2003.

>worst ending of the decade
>not samurai jack

People were just happy to have an ending to it after all the years of it not having one.

Yep, dumbass, after the ending is just the time to drop something.

It's amazing that there is someone out there who doesn't get Jojo references nowadays. It went full normie exposure.

Attached: 1427929413607.jpg (640x480, 51K)

>muh jojo references omg how dare you not be normal and know EPIC jojo like haha JOJO is GOD I know because there's a big subreddit I love so much
That anime is so fucking trash.

Yeah, let's just ignore the inconsistent animation that ranges between mediocre to godawful, the blatant plagiarism masked as "homages", the halfassed themes that never get properly fleshed out, the constant horrible shit that characters do that is never addressed, the INTENTIONAL lack of character development on most of the cast, the blatant shark jump that is Pink Diamond, the stupid stupid STUPID fucking rule about the show never leaving Steven's POV, etc.

Nope, don't like the show because I'm apparently a waifufag or some shit. Give me a fucking break. On any other show all none of this shit would be excused.

>It's reviewed well in the media and not just because of the progressive shit.
It's ENTIRELY because of progressive shit. No one would've given this show the light of day otherwise, heaven knows nobody did on the first season until the finale, the same episode that flat-out revealed the progressive shit.

Attached: 1436316332574.png (427x400, 327K)

A cartoon about lolis killing all jews and niggers

>The butterfly dynasties use magic in irresponsible warmongering ways, creating dangerous weapons in order to keep control.
Yes, that's the issue here. But rather than realizing that and at least ATTEMPT to use magic in more responsible ways, they'd rather just blow the whole thing to kingdom come.

>If even Moon, a rather responsible well-meaning nanny godqueen who will sacrifice her own happiness to guide her people fucks up greatly by recreating unstoppable superwarriors that went out of control, then somebody dumber with that terrible power can and will do even more damage.
Moon was a coward and a cur that wold rather scheme and lie than make any sort of actual sacrifice. Don't forget she's also responsible for the corrupt magic, since it started with the deal with Eclipsa in the first place, and when Toffee got into power the first thing she did was hide and wanted to stay hidden. She's just as much of an idiot as every other queen.

Korra was worse

And Janna killed herself because she realized that Marco would never love her.
I went and checked. You start going unconscious after 20 seconds of a stopped heartbeat. Janna's little 60 seconds of flatlining "joke" doesn't sound feasible.