Shows like Hilda

I’m only four episodes in and I’m already loving this show. Can any of you people recommended other shows that capture the wonder of childhood? None of the Star vs, Steven Universe stuff. Genuinely great, feelgood animation.

Attached: D680B455-97F3-4346-975C-443F7F8F529F.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Adventure Time?

That would fall under SU and Star VS. There's not much like Hilda out there right now honestly.

That’s a shame. This show is a gem.

I personally found the Craig of the Creek relatable to my childhood. However, it doesn't have fantasy stuff like Hilda so Yea Forums understandably finds it boring.

Probably because it's just a new EEE.

Hilda unfortunately gets really boring over time. All the stronger episodes are at the beginning of the season.

Attached: SCI.jpg (640x360, 48K)

>Ignoring the meteorologist episode

Attached: 1553031826814.jpg (361x476, 27K)

It really is.

Y'know, I was actually feeling a bit of this with episode...5, I think? The one with the onion people and the one with the troll right after, but I warmed up to the troll one and the series got back on track after that for me. None of them are mediocre though.

The soul stealing one and the house in the woods were a high point for me.

Just wait until you get to the cabin episode. Easily the worst episode.

>music
check
>atmosphere
check
>children
check
>characters
check

It depends on how German/Americana your childhood was, but this will probably float your goat.
Watch the prototype, and if you like it in the slightest, watch Over the Garden Wall. If you don't like it, watch Over the Garden Wall anyways because it's 10/10 kino.

Attached: OtGW.jpg (630x1200, 119K)

>Shows like Hilda
>Not like star vs or Steven universe

So, basically plotless slice of life? Craig of the creek then

That season finale though.

What Happened?
This was once a cozy little house. The girl who lived here befriended a giant.
Guess she learned her lesson.
Not likely. Odds are, she’d do it again.

Woodman. He's cool despite being a massive dick.

Oh I've seen them all. I thought the cabin one is decent, but there's certainly better episodes. I think I'd rank the like so:

The Best (In no order)
>The Hidden People
>The Midnight Giant
>The Bird Parade
>The Nightmare Spirit
>The Tide Mice
>The Storm
>The Niise

The Runners Up
>The Troll Rock
>The Lost Clan
>The House in the Woods
>The Black Hound

The Most Average
>The Sparrow Scouts
>The Ghost

I'd replace the Niise with the lost clan. Everything else fits (except the house in the woods. That's average)

I didn't binge watch the series so never got this feeling. I watched it over the course of like 2 months.

Not seasons 1 and 2 AT. That's some of the most solid work as far as modern cartoons are concerned.
Give Flapjack a shot.

Well I mean considering how awful Star vs became it’s a bit disingenuous to call it a real plot. A cartoon with a plot would be Avatar: The Last Airbender. Amazing show. Loved it.

All in all it's shockingly high quality for a show's first season. I suppose it helped that it had a series of books to draw from.

In all honesty, I consider the show to have some faults. It feels rather disconnected since the episodes may be trying to cover the stories of the books (that's why I don't like the house in the woods. Everything feels disconnected from what happened previously within the episode). But you're not wrong. It's incredibly good.

The best I can offer are animated movies like Secret of Keels, Coraline or Song of the Sea. Shows like Hilda are not ment to last forever, if they do then new writers are bound to fuck it up.

Coraline was so good. I’ll check out those others.

How old Hilda really is? On wiki stays birth 2003 but i don't believe that and also there aren't any proofs of that. So... What do you think?

I think they mentioned that she's in the 3rd grade. I may be remembering wrong, but I'll put her at 8-9 years old.

Moomin

Luke Pearson said she's 10-12 years old.
>2003
I thought the show took place in the late 80s/early 90s due to all the retro technology. Or maybe it's like Ed Edd n Eddy where it takes place in an ambiguous time period?

Attached: hilda_by_blagzdeath_dd4jdg5-fullview.jpg (1024x1275, 187K)

It looks like it takes place in an alternate time line. My best guess is a North America which was colonized by Vikings, and liberalized earlier.

Some user said that Trolberg was similar to some UK island near Scandinavia or Iceland. I don't remember its name though.

This show give me huge Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley vibes.

Not later AT

Probably the Shetlands or Faroe Islands. I'd wager Faroe because it's closer to Iceland and its capital of Tórshavn even vaguely sounds like Trolberg