Rank the finales

Which one had it better and which had it worse?

Attached: Finales.png (1646x806, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/philip-perry/nasas-asteroid-mission-likely-to-uncover-mysteries-surrounding-the-origins-of-our-solar-system
youtube.com/watch?v=5lxST3aIs-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obligatory 'SU isn't over yet' post.

Not that anyone is gonna continue watching it for plot, here's hoping to character depth and cutesy moments.

Oh, and pretty sure Star's had it worse, all that sacrifice and she didn't even kill Mina.

every single one was bad, but RS was least bad. AT was most bad

I feel like Regular Show had the best finale. It's cheesy, but I like seeing what happens to the characters in the future. Mordecai getting with a random bat lady left a bad taste in my mouth, since it made all of those CJ and Margaret episodes pointless, but nothing about it was implausible.

From best to worst...
>Regular Show
>Tie between Samurai Jack and SU ( beat me to the punch regarding SU technically not being over yet but CYM was still written in a way where the main conflict would end).
>Adventure Time
>Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

Don't forget bill cypher.

>A poor man's Mxyzptlk that was too stupid to use his powers when it actually mattered and wasn't even supposed to be the endgame villain to begin with

Regular show's anti-pops
>A generic chaotic evil asspull whose only excuse for existing is being the antipode of the very first character created for the franchise

Adventure time's GOLB
>A supposed force of nature that barely does anything by itself, is less intimidating than its' own underling and has less presence and buildup.

Steven universe's White diamond:
>Genecidal dictator hell-bent on killing millions with a shit-ton of set-up, but is "defeated" via the most anti-climatic "no u" ever and is suddenly good again

And I don't know the scoop on aku or star vs's villan, will somebody explain those to me?

AT > RS > SU >>> SJ

Star is the villain, and she wins. She successfully destroyed all magic and genocided all magical beings. Her world and the human world were fused, and monsters now terrorize human civilization. She laughs over the corpses of her enemies and gets the mexican dick she's been thirsting for all along. Great ending.

Regular Show's prob the best and I'm not even a huge fan of the show - it just felt like it had proper build up and pay off.
Samurai Jack gets hate but it felt appropriate to me at least. Jack returning to the past to defeat Aku was always going to be bittersweet. I also think your tolerance for it depends on how you feel about Ashi (I thought she was ok)
SU felt rushed as hell. Tried too much in too short a timespan.
Star Vs has a lot of ugly implications and honestly doesn't feel like the actions they took were warranted. I like Starco but I didn't feel much watching it.
Didn't watch AT.
Overall I'd say Hey Arnold had one of the better finales. I'm hoping Invader Zim can take the new title.

White isn't genocidal, they don't devour planets to kill the people on it.

user dont lie to your self

RS>SJ>SU>AT>POWER GAP>SVs.

Didnt she shatter gems during the rebellion

Nothing was said as to who had the most shatterings, but 99% sure homeworld and Pink caused a lot more gems to get shattered due to the retarded rebellion.

Ask this again this fall when pony ends.

>I disagree therefore bait or denial
Fuck off fag.

user its not healthy to lie especially to your self

Star

>he thinks steven universe had the second best ending
user stop

White? She stayed on Homeworld. Destruction of races/creatures was possibly a factor during full colonization but it was never explicitly stated that their were full sentient lifeforms besides humans and gems.

Regular show hands down.

RS>>AT>>>>>>SJ>>SU>>>>>>>>>>>>SV
fuck daron nefcy, she ended this show in the worst way fucking possible

Genuine question, what was so bad about the Star Vs finale?

Steven Universe isn’t over though.
RS had the best one, but it really wasn’t THAT good. People just love it for the last 2 minutes, the rest was meh

That it gleefully killed off a large number of very likeable and innocent characters with no implication that there might be something wrong with trading an entire race for a handful of lives

Best finale

Attached: mpv-shot0050.jpg (1280x714, 204K)

Could you elaborate? Did Star like lock and load on the monsters?

It's like if Steven had a button that shattered all the Diamonds but also every gem on Homeworld and then they went Home and ate pizza. Sure the "bad" guys are dead, but so are loads of innocent people. But hey, the good guys are OK and that's all that matters right?

Well
>it fucks character arcs
>An exstreme solution for a problem with multiple answers
>Marco getting stabbed had almost no impact and was done solely for Promo hype
>MCH die even tho they didn't deserve it
>Mina is left to live
>Humans and Mewman world is joint creating further tension

No, she destroyed all magic, and all magical creatures.

The Pirates of Dark Water didn't even get a finale. The studio ran out of money so they just stopped making episodes. The plot was resolved in the video game version, but most people didn't find out about it until years later when the summary was posted online.

Kino way to end your show when compared to star vs

>Mina is left to live
This is honestly the biggest offense because the whole point of destroying the magic was to fucking stop Mina.

All were shit.

Get out with this sjw garbage.

And with access to Earth weapons and the internet it won't be long before she gets followers and they go on a shooting spree against the monster. The more you think about it the worse the finale gets I swear.

The RS and AT finales were meh, The SJ and SU finales were both rushed and terribly written pieces of garbage, Star is just irredeemable garbage as a whole

She and the other diamonds cull all gems who are born off colored, tried to wipe out all gems on Earth and blow up the planet, create torture experiments by forcefully merging gems together and use them as weapons, genocide all alien life on the thousands of planets they colonize to expand their race for no reason, and they were all forgiven and defeated with the power of talk no jutsu within ten minutes

They tried to wipe out all the gems on Earth because one of their own got shattered and why you're trying to paint a race reproducing as "something that happens for no reason" is stupid.

>genocide all alien life
Killing animals and plants isn't "genocide"

You do know there are like a billion planets in the universe that could be more beneficial for gems to colonise instead of the already populated earth

Mina's survival is an allegory for the nature of racism, it never goes away

Humans were barely crawling out of the mud when the colonization process started. Organic life is to gems what insects are to us: mostly a nuisance. Beside, "beneficial" means different things depending on what benefits you're looking for and as we all know Earth is super rich in minerals which is perfect for making gems.

Attached: Now_We're_Only_Falling_Apart_(277).png (1920x1080, 2.23M)

That's great and all, but for a series finale, allegories that would seemingly tie into a later season shouldn't be made, at least kill the intended target for this show shattering plot device.

user there is a literal planet made of diamonds. Also humans were not crawling out of the mud since they already had the tech to make pots.

>planet made of diamonds.
And they can't use that

Minerals =/= actual gemstones. Injectors take the essence of Diamonds, presumably mix them with something else and inject the stuff into the soil of a given planet. It sucks the "life force" out of the ground and creates gems with it.

They're literally immortal, they have no reason to expand their race. And the diamonds tried to wipe out all gems on Earth because they were rebels who wanted freedom from their tyrannical rule and murder sprees, slave owners killing slaves for fighting back against their oppression doesn't make the slave killing any less vile.

In Jungle Moon Yellow Diamond commanded her gems to lead an invasion to kill all organic life on a planet she was colonizing. Invasion implies resistance from a sentient race. They were also going to kill all humans on Earth. What would you call that if not genocide?

I likes Mordecai's ending, it was accurate.

When you're young it's so easy to get super fucking wrapped up in someone else even if they aren't good for you or it just wasn't meant to be, like CJ and Margaret.

Applying human morals to alien ants who spread and reproduce like a virus isn't the smartest thing in the world. Their race is finite, if one shatters they have literally no way of healing it without Pink Diamond's abilities.

bigthink.com/philip-perry/nasas-asteroid-mission-likely-to-uncover-mysteries-surrounding-the-origins-of-our-solar-system
NASA to Explore an Asteroid Containing Enough Mineral Wealth to Collapse the World Economy
There are billions of planets that could have done better than earth

We saw in Jungle Moon that that planet was filled with giant, violent animals. They were the "resistance". It's like going to African and getting atacked by lions.

Earth was a training ground for Pink Diamond, it wasn't particularly important. You're missing the big picture here.

Correction:
Pink can heal CRACKED gems, there's still no cure for shattered gems.

The jungle moon wasn't the planet that had gotten invaded and destroyed brainlet

That isn't how it works. The gems need "fertile" planets to born. Don't use real life logic here. It's like Galactus always eating planets filled with people instead of eating dead planets.

Yeah they chose earth why exactly?
Wouldn't it be smarter to chose a planet that has no life as a starter

SJ > GF > SU >AT >> SV

Didn't watch Regular Show. DESU Star Vs. was the only finale that I actually hated.

>they chose earth why exactly
Because they need living worlds

>Adventure Time
Began shitting the bed the second they tried to make it have an overarching plot.

>Steven Universe
Has been like watching someone's shitty fanfiction complete with a gary stu protag who is able to solve everyone's problems without ever sacrificing anything.

>Samurai Jack
That was a whole lot of buildup for a slam dunk into a garbage can, but I can't help feeling like Genndy just wanted it to be over and remembered it's a cartoon.

>Regular Show
Anti-pops was kinda meh, but seeing where everyone ended up was nice.

>Star Vs.
No one should be surprised it shit the bed.

It's a ball of mud with barely evolved lifeforms that are so primitive they don't register as a threat. They may as well not even be there.

no they didn't.

She could've at least crumbled to dust or been eaten while she was in the middle of bragging. Might have been a bit cliche but at least it's something

Watch the show, retard. That was the point of the Kinder garden episodes.

yet one of those lifeforms killed a diamond with his dick

Thousands upon thousands of years later, yeah. Not to mention that Diamond chose to give birth like that and could have easily created a non-hybrid child if they wanted to and lived.

Trying to wave away every evil act the slave owning genocidal tyrants committed with "they're aliens they dont have human morals hur durr" doesn't change how retarded them getting forgiven and talk not jutsued is when they caused more death and destruction than pretty much any other villain in animated history.

I'm glad there are some posters in Yea Forums that realize Rose just killed herself to kill herself, she could have had a normal child if she wanted to.

Well not exactly, she chose to have Steven and I believe she truly loved him in the end but she never really learned proper empathy which is why Steven will always be the better person. She definitely suffered from PTSD and depression by the end though, not to mention survivors guilt so giving up her life probably wasn't too big of an issue to her.

Nobody forgave the Diamonds and I'm gonna need those numbers if you're going to make such a claim.

>Regular Show
>sjw garbage

Attached: 9C7A989C-9C98-4BAE-9BD3-6186EC094507-827-000000B02CC9CA7B.jpg (385x299, 12K)

Victims of the diamonds include: the tens of thousands of gems on homeworld and the diamonds other colonies who are enslaved by them and murdered if they failed or disobeyed the diamond's commands, every orangic lifeform on the thousands of planets the diamonds have colonized, all the off colors who had to live in hiding or died by the diamonds hands in the 20k years they spent ruling homeworld, the cluster and forced fusion experiments which also had to be made up of tens of thousands of gems, all the gems on earth who were corrupted, nearly every human on earth. It's too bad they're so shittily written and all their murder is kept off screen, I guess they thought it would help stop people from questioning why Steven insists on calling them family and letting them get off scott free, he clearly doesn't have any hard feelings towards them by the end of CYM.

Is there a villain you can think of that holds a candle to the diamonds when it comes to the scope of their crimes?

Where are the numbers user? I didn't ask for anecdotal evidence, I want hard data. Nobody forgave the Diamonds for what they had done and Steven being friendly to them doesn't change that. Every heinous action they've subjected their race to was called out, challenged and fought against. That is the LITERAL POINT OF THE SHOW.

At least Steven Universe won't end with him deciding to genocide all the gems and forcefully fusing Gemworld with Earth. Probably.

I'm glad Mina survived, because she did nothing wrong.

>who are enslaved by them and murdered if they failed or disobeyed the diamond's commands
What fanfic did you read?

Steven is actually a decent character so he'd probably kill himself rather than actively upheave or harm people like that.

Regular Show since it felt like a proper send off.
Adventure Time felt like it rushed, Steven Universe didn’t even feel like a true ending just a “Lol no u” and then bam WD is reformed.
Samurai Jack was an ok ending. Just felt rushed and I prefer the IDW comic ending.
I don’t even watch Star vs The Forces of Evil so I don’t even know how shit the ending was.

If you can't come with another villain that comes close to any of that then you're just proving my point. Did Ozai get any numbers for all the murder and genocide he committed during his tyranny? Because the diamonds are at least twice as bad.

Blue Diamond tried to kill Ruby just for accidentally fusing with Sapphire. Yellow Diamond tried to kill Peridot when she talked back to her in Message Received and threatened to shatter the Nephrite she was talking to in Jungle Moon if it didn't obey her command. She was also going to murder every gem of rose quartz line just because one of them presumably acted out and killed Pink. What fanfic did you read where they AREN'T senseless murderers?

The epilogue comic that an user has been storytiming recently clears up Mordecai's a bit, it still hasn't given the bat lady a name as far as I'm aware of. She does seem nice though from her interactions with Eileen

Samurai jack was really bad but you are wrong about adventure time being the best ending.

It's not my job to "find someone else" because you haven't proven your point at all. You specifically said they've killed more than anyone else and you haven't proven it because the show has no evidence of this, so you're just flailing your arms and hoping that nobody notices. Get an actual argument and stop wasting people's time.

RS > SU > SJ > Star > AT

A new challenger appears.
youtube.com/watch?v=5lxST3aIs-0

Yes.

Attached: 7562431B-3C6C-40AD-8ED5-B32236A34F7B.gif (500x323, 983K)

Fuck, I forgot the greentext.
>Is there a villain you can think of that holds a candle to the diamonds when it comes to the scope of their crimes?

The country sized cluster alone makes them worse than most other villains and you know it lmao. Just add the genocide of at least one organic race, "thousands" of destroyed planets according to Yellow Diamond, the attempted destruction of Earth and everything on it, and thousands upon thousands of years worth of slavery and murder of their own people on top of it and it's worse that what most villains could even attempt to do. Of course I'm not going to waste my time searching for numbers, your denial game is too strong.

AT's finale was far from perfect, it was just better than the rest imo.

SU is the only decent one

Never said any of them were good

All of these endings are bad, including Gravity Falls. I know OP didn't include GF but I wanted to let you know that finale was also bad.

>extermination
Happy?
Genocide is just thrown around to make it sound more deliberately evil, but what was the point of yor post?

Killing nature to improve life is what we do. It's not evil. Stupid, irresponsible and damaged if overdone but not evil.

>Implying Regular Show and Samurai Jack were made for SJW’s

Keep in mind, the latter show’s original run was through the early-2000’s.

>Killing nature to improve life is what we do
To improve our life, on Earth. Leaving the truth and morals of that aside, how does that apply to conquering other planets?
Ok, gems were not "evil". Let's say they had an evolutionary drive to expand, however they came into existence.

Doesn't change the fact that they exterminated life on countless planets, whatever their reason.
>if overdone
I think total extinction is as overdone as can be. The only relativism you could fit there is that whilst in the case of Earth we can see it affecting us back, they don't have an "over" part for their "done", as it really doesn't seem to have any drawbacks to them.

Btw, I'm not the genocide guy. But the point was that the use of the word doesn't change the fact that it's total extermination.
And just as with humans, there probably were other intelligent species, if that counts for a genocide.

Star's ending made me appreciate Adventure Time's more which goes to show how truly bad it was.

>AT anywhere the top
t. “Muh will happen”fags

Jack>regular show>SU>AT>star

Aku is just evil, but also funny. He dies the way the series told you he was going to die.

Star vs' villain is supposedly Mina, a gag racist. But she was enabled by Star's mom, and she wasn't even imprisoned. She just kinda walked away while vowing revenge which she could very well pull off. Star's mom causing everything is swept under the rug. Star herself completes the first villains plan and fuses earth with her dimension despite the ramifications just to get her pussy pounded so she's debatably the villain.

You started it, but like most cowards you won't actually back it up with hard evidence. I don't care what the Diamonds did since they're basically ants and only destroy to build instead of actively to harm or murder. You started this argument so you can finish it. Numbers. NOW.

Between those five Regular Show was the only one that provided full closure in a satisfactory way, even if it was rushed. SU has a whole other season to wrap up the loose ends with, but that kind of subtracts from its "finale" as a result. AT didn't really feel like the finale to anything but Betty, who caused the entire fucking problem in the first place, SJ was incredibly rushed and ended things on an extremely unsatisfactory note even if you were ok with Jack going back to the past, and Star vs. felt like it had no idea what the fuck it was even doing.

Top tier finale passing by

Attached: AangvsOzai.jpg (1200x776, 138K)

Pretty sure this thread is only for 2010s cartoon finales. Otherwise we could just post EEnE and call it a day.

It was bad. Better than all the current endings but still bad.

What's a good ending then?

EE&E movie.

>Foster home
>Chowder
>Beast Wars (if you ignore Beast Machines)
>Dexter

This

Regular Show > Samurai Jack > Steven Universe > Adventure Time

I'm abstaining from Star Vs., because I haven't seen it.

Also
>No Hey Arnold

I don't remember her name being mentioned in the comic, they gave her the name "Stef" when asked in one AMA, when asked about it. Plus she kinda gets along with Aileen but they don't hang out, as is evident from the comic that Mordecai and Rigby don't spent much time together since they both had families. Overall it's a nice comic, too bad CJ only gets a brief mention.

I mean if you think about it, Mordecai dated CJ for what? A little less than a year? It just feels important over the timespan of the show when in reality it was just a short relationship for him that got serious but ultimately fell apart

Steven Universe went in a different direction than I expected, but I liked it. There's room for a story that ends up being about bad families realizing they've been toxic and growing closer. Erm... the fact that it's superimposed over an actual war though is pretty awkward, not gonna pretend otherwise.

Adventure Time ended shitty. Years upon years they had to come up with an ending, and they gave us something where Finn did jack and shit, the big bad was a previously-mentioned-in-passing-never-seen dude no fan ever gave a shit about, and Simon got fucked yet again. Fuck that shit.

Samurai Jack ended in time travel paradox, Jack ending up forever alone, and all the characters we'd come to know and love were wiped out, never to exist. Pretty lame all things considered, but at least we got Jack kicking Aku's ass.

Regular Show ended so badly I still try to block it out. Oh, and CJ deserved better.

SVTFOE turned from a light-hearted comedy adventure into a serious show about bigotry written by writers so incompetent they didn't notice as they were turning the main character into a slave-owner that committed genocide. And man that was some terrible shipping.

And they were all better than Voltron.

You know what had a good ending? Gravity Falls. Alex Hirsch had the right idea: come up with an idea for a show, get it green-lit, get it on the screen, and slam the book closed when the story is done.

>AT meh
By complete garbage yes

Acting like Mina will know how to use the internet she barely knew how Donuts work

> Star is the villain, and she wins. She successfully destroyed all magic and genocided all magical beings. Her world and the human world were fused, and monsters now terrorize human civilization. She laughs over the corpses of her enemies and gets the mexican dick she's been thirsting for all along. Great ending.

Mewman's monsters are pussies. People gonna be at war with them and exterminate them in a couple of years. Only Moon's diplomancy and Ludo's demonstration of power could defend Mewni and make it a new state.

All > Adventure Time
AT's entire final season was horribly mishandled, Gumbald was an utter waste of time and Finn's arc was completed in Islands.

SJ's ending was good even though S5 was shit.

>the big final battle between Jack and Aku that everybody waited for never happened
>AKU POWERS
>Gurren Lagan ripoff
It was shit

I'm super behind on Star Forces, but I don't care about spoilers, so could somebody give me a rundown on what happened in the finale?

Add Gravity Falls and this is almost the end of an entire era for Yea Forums. The last straggler is gumball, but it’s purely episodic. Damn bros, it’s really over.

Attached: D11509A8-0899-4A1C-8EC5-0AABF3C32C95.png (497x455, 77K)

in terms of disappointment
show>steven>jack>stupidity gap>star>time

Finn didn't develop at all in Islands, what are you talking about. His "arc" was already over by season 6/7, everything else was just gravy.

Penn Zero

>the show finally gets good
>it's over
Damn

regular show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>adventure time>>>steven universe(premature prediction)>svfoe>>>>>>>>>>samurai jack

the opposite, she fucked any and all magical creatures, spells, or otherwise to SAVE the worthless monsters

Nigger he is the main character. His "arc" shouldn't end 4 seasons before the show ends you hack that's just a cop out

user has shit taste if you like At ending

I'm betting Gumball will have the best finale of the bunch, even if season 6 hasn't been that good.

Which one had David Bowie?

That's automatically the best one.

David Bowie makes everything God Tier.

Regular Show, and it is the least bad finale so you're correct.

But he doesn't do that. Read a fucking comic.

Well, you never stop growing, but the bulk of his development into young adulthood was over by that point. Everything past The Comet was basically just affirmation of that growth.

Oh boy that stupid Comet shit don't get me started on how ass Orgalorg was.

>Well, you never stop growing
You're right. He deteriorated over the years.

Man, Gumball finale is going to be so fucking bland that no one is going to talk about it. The show is as good as dead at this point.

The Comet was a top ten episode for me, but I get why many were let down by it.

regular show>>>>>samurai jack>steven>>>>>>>feces>>>at>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>star

Gumball doesn't provide us with much to talk about. It's consistently funny. That's all we need. No ongoing plot, no shipping. I'll be sad when it goes, but I'm confident that when the last ep airs I'll do a sad salute and congratulate the staff on their excellent work.

>top 10
ew

>It's consistently funny.
Like 3 or 4 years ago. Not now.

RS > SU > SJ > GF > AT > SvtfoE
also SU isn't over

Attached: 1536979807812.jpg (719x539, 422K)

reposting from another thread because it is more relevant to this thread.

It is a shame that Yea Forums pretends not to like the Star Vs. ending. Star Vs' final episode is far better than that of any of the rest of the S-O-Y trilogy. Seeing this is a matter of having a refined taste and functioning eyeballs.

First and foremost, let us put things in perspective by examining some general facts about all three shows.Compare the animation quality of Star Vs. vs Gravity Falls and SU: Star Vs. dominates both of the others, and it is not even close. Compare the character designs: Star Vs. wins again! Compare the music: Star Vs. wins again! Compare the moral of the final story: Star wins again! Wow! And we have not even begun to look at the specifics of the episodes themselves.

Consider the final episodes of each:Steven Universe look at the poor design on White Diamond and Sunstone! (Who approved this trash?!). Look at the piss-poor characterization of Blue and Yellow Diamond! Trash! Look at the ending with White Diamond instantly forgiven by Steven, instantly turned into a "good guy" and instantly reconciled to those she has permanently traumatized. Would anyone outside of an autist believe that this is good characterization? (NO.) Steven Universe' ending is so poorly written, and (more importantly) it looks so very ugly from an artistic point of view that it is not even worth comparing to Star Vs'.

Attached: daumier.jpg (2000x1481, 1.21M)

Gravity Falls is less trash. The ending for this show is certainly better than Steven Universe' clusterfuck. But, again, it is far worse than Star Vs' ending. First and foremost: it is ugly. Ugly ugly ugly—there is an irrredemably bad scene whrere Hirsch decides that the Mystery Shack should become a mech (for some reason) and we are """treated to""" an ugly and boring fight for a good ten minutes. At the end you want to vomit: you feel embarrassed that anyone signed off on this. This is the first fatal flaw. The second fatal flaw comes in the terrible poor writing that leads stan to make a great sacrifice...then the sacrifice is undone for some reason? It is never explained: clearly that hack manlet Hirsch wrote himself into a corner and couldn't write himself out. So Gravity Fall's ending likewise is not worth comparing.

Star Vs. ending is competently written, it looks very pretty (it is well shot) and it actually manages to hit on some real human emotion: something the rest of the S-O-Y trilogy utterly fails to do.

Moreover, concerning the whole """muh genocide""" meme, one should consider what would happen if Star DID NOT commit genocide—Magic is clearly a perrenial problem, and if left unchecked will clearly one day doom Mewnie (as was suggested in the "Spell with no name" episode). SOMEONE would have eventually had to destroy it. And since magical constructs generally don't die, by the time someone did, they would end up killing far more beings than Star ever did. It was an act of mercy.

Face it Losers, Star Vs. finale was great.

Attached: delacroix self-portrait.jpg (820x1098, 129K)

Is this a new pasta or actual bait?

Ironic that the only Yea Forums related show with a good ending involves the devil. And its not even western.

Attached: Page_004_%283%29.jpg (732x1356, 336K)

>Fucking perfect
Regular Show
>Good
n/a
>Could've and should've been better but still decent enough
Samurai Jack
>Okay
Adventure Time
>Complete and utter dogshit
SU, SFoE

from best to worst:
1. Steven Universe
2. Regular Show
3. Adventure Time
4. Samurai Jack
5. Star vs the Forces of Evil

Star vs. was the only one that made me legitimately angry

>Best
Regular Show, bar none.
>Worst
Kinda mixed on it - Adventure Time's finale made me seethe in frustration, but I heard the Star Vs. ending may be even worse. So I'll first watch that finale before bringing judgement on that.

Attached: not_funny_at_all.jpg (510x430, 18K)

SU better than AT? Yeah, no.

That's far to clever for this show.

user, the show is shit but have you seen AT's ending, It's the most fucking insulting thing I've ever had to watch as a fan of a show. I haven't seen the star vs finale but I hear that's the same

SU and star vs are kinda cementing a really weird "it's OK to genocide if you take personal emotional benefits from it" trend in the industry.

I never watched Regular Show so I can say how it ranks but from best to worst

>Jack
It managed to wrap everything up and while it had a few problems it managed things pretty well. Most importantly though it just had the same feeling as the rest of the show.

>Steven Universe
It had more than a few good scenes. While I'm not necessarily a fan of the direction the show took well before it got to the finale, it came to the logical conclusion.

>Star Vs.
It just kind of exists. Nothing really special about the ending but nothing horribly bad.

>Adventure Time
Atrocious.

SU and Star can easily be flipped back and forth in the listings for me. Depending on what specific parts you focus on.

All SU needed was a scene showing how White Diamond changed her mind so easily and it'd be at the top of this list for me. Maybe it is like Blue's power where she makes everyone around her cry. Who knows I guess. I thought obsidian was dope. I'll have to give it to Regular show, then Steven, then Samurai Jack. Didn't like the Aku Powers cop out. Apparently AT's ending was shit. I wouldn't know. Never watched Star.

>Adventure Time
On all accounts the ending is fine; ties up all plot threads and character arcs while being faithful to the overall theme of the show the problem is that this board has had a clear bias against the show for years so those citing it as the worst or even a bad ending are just asspained that Finn didn't hook up with anyone (he already accepted the fact that PB was out of his league and was never into Marcy that way) or was inconsequential to the final conflict (which was more about PB, Simon and Betty) so at the very least you can complain about how much it played out like a checklist than flowing naturally or how Betty us still the worst thing to happen to the show and focusing the second half in her hurt the finale a bit but not to the point to deem ot bad. So yeah just fine though if I'm being honest Islands was a much better finale.

>Steven Universe

TECHNICALLY this isnt a series finale but its the end of the plot and whatever they have in store after will be tying up lose ends with the cast but as it stands its pretty underwhelming. The show has a similar problem with Naruto in which the antagonist are giving for too much leeway for their actions for very little reason other than to show how benevolent our heroes are and on top of that aren't giving any development which is ironic given how much Peridot and to a lesser extent Lapis recieved. But really outside one sequence it was just unremarkable.

>Samurai Jack

Thisis arguably the most disappointing of the list since unlike the rest there was a build up and it just flatlined entirely. You can't even blame it on a lack of time because Genndy wasted what he was given on a single character. Time travel logic aside the final battle is disappointment as well. It definitely feels like something that sounded good on paper but sonething went wrong when it came time to animate it.

it was in line with the tone and themes of the show, and Steven got to be the one to save the day

>Islands was a much better finale
Islands was the finale of Finn's character arc
all that came afterwards was just tying the loose ends

regular show hit me the hardest. first time ive cried watching tv, let alone a cartoon. Regualr show also had one of the greatest battles, brining back all the characters and breaking the 4th wall. Samurai Jack was pretty fucking epic with the use of the original opening as Aku's broadcast. Adventure Time was pretty neat.
not sold on Steven Universe as it all felt forced, and i didn't realise star had ended

Attached: 534.png (903x713, 326K)

>Regular Show

The fans really give this finale a lot of slack which I can only guess is because of the David Bowie sequence at the end but holy shit everything leading up to it is dull and boring as fuck. The entire conflict of this season is unengaging because it comes out of nowhere and the final adversary has no weight or personality to care for. To its credit its the only finale that feels complete (though it falls into the Harry Potter ending trope) and while rushed the intentions of the staff are made clear. Overall its okay.

>Star Vs.

This was a literal trainwreck yet it fits a series that was as mishandled as this. Characters are thrown out to die or aren't given proper sendoffs, things just happen with no logic or reason and the final battle....isn't really a battle....but who cares? Starco confirmed! Season redeemed! Honestly the entirity of the final sequence reminded me of Man of Steel where admist all the death and chaos we at least got to see the two lead characters hook up which matters more than anything else.

Why is SU being lumped in here? Genocide has only ever been treated as a negative thing there.

So was ATs. The series was never about Finn saving the day in fact in all his end encounters he always winded up failing.

>regular show hit me the hardest. first time ive cried watching tv, let alone a cartoon. Regualr show also had one of the greatest battles, brining back all the characters and breaking the 4th wall.
You're a fucking faggot dude.

women don't like the concept of "real bad guys", they want "mislead people "they can "heal" until they fit their views. Remember, this is why every is a -phobia now, treat difference like a disease and you can't be wrong no matter how you persecute the other side.

>Nothing really special about the ending but nothing horribly bad.
why lie?

>cried watching tv,
fucking clown world, mand

>guys I cried and we are friends now!
They dismissed the weight of genocide in front of the feelings of a retarded obese kid. Can't trivialize it more than that.

Are you the guy who claimed the Diamonds destroyed trillions of races without actually backing it up with hard evidence? Because you sound just as retarded right now. Here's your (you), enjoy it.

But she said she was SORRY c'mon guyz JEEZ

>t. Val-Yor

Attached: val-yor.jpg (960x1440, 86K)

>On all accounts the ending is fine
No. The arcs were atrocious, Finn not doing anything was atrocious, PB getting shipped with Marceline and overriding the lesson Finn was given is atrocious, it being about PB's retconned family squabbles is atrocious, the "song" was atrocious, Betty was all an atrocity and you need to go fuck yourself.

>muh incel ad hominem
>>>/tumblr/

>acceptable tier
samurai jack and regular show
>cancer tier
at, su, svtfoe

Well said. The amount of hate the AT finale gets here is extreme. It's got its problems, but it's much better than SJ's and Star vs's garbage finales.