IIT: Disappointments

>Steven Universe
>Gravity falls
>Adventure time
>Korra
>Star and her forces of evil
And that's just off the top of my head
Is it really too much to ask to get a show which doesn't try to subvert long proven classic tropes and narrative devices for no reason other than subversion itself? Is it too much to ask for a good threatening villain? Is it too much to ask for a satisfying well though-out finale?

Pic semi related

Attached: 1558259379641.jpg (1000x565, 83K)

>not liking the part where Starco's love was so strong they literally merged both worlds otherwise they would have died
Unbased OP

Attached: starco strong.png (1000x763, 698K)

GF finale was fine, especially compared to the rest of those.

IM starting to feel like Gendy did the best ending with his Samurai Jack show. He ended it with him going back to the past like he always wanted and didn't subvert any expectation.

Merging two worlds to bring the consequent chaos and disasters. It literally fucked up the worlds.

Gravity Falls at least did not put the smaller scales of the heroes getting through over the bigger scale of defeating Bill to save the universe.

Star vs. put the needs of Star and Marco over the fate of two entire universes.

This is because instead of latching onto actual good shows you latch onto complete garbage like Adventure Time or Star Vs. because you think having humans makes it more "serious"

And they didn't care, because they love each other that much.

The root cause of the issue is that all the current generation writers don't plan out their stories. They come up with a premise and then just keep building and building on it when they feel like it.

That's the issue though, because it's like building new rooms to a building. At first everything is following a set plan, a set template but then you start getting "ideas" that'll be totally amazing even if they don't mess well with the old design, they're great and as you keep building this building, you end up eventually reaching a point where half of it doesn't match the other half and nobody likes it.

That's what happened with Adventure Time and Star. For Gravity Falls, it's more akin to they decided to rush to finish the building so it ends up looking a bit unpolished and slapped together. Steven Universe is more like they're operating with two sets of blueprints and they constantly switch back and forth as some Frankenstein house

Attached: artworks-000399444834-lz7pun-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 66K)

Any of you fucks had the mega?

>
My face when a Disney princess show will probably have the strongest final.

Attached: 1558031955685.gif (600x336, 680K)

>try to subvert long proven classic tropes and narrative devices for no reason other than subversion itself
Is that a stealth "destructionism" thread ? Fuck off,retard

What the fuck are you talking about?

There's an nanon who keep pushing some meme about aconcept he call "destructionism" which throw a lot of wordy buzzwords like "subversion" and "tropes" but basically boiled to "i dont like it"

SHE KILLED MILLIONS

We’re calling you out, Muto

Not even bothering to give you the correct term

Yeah, Gravity Falls felt it needed another season before it's fully baked. Adventure Time is just a shambling corpse before it ended. SU felt like no one actually plan for anything to be honest.

This is the end of Star and Marco. But this is not the last story of this monoverse.

Because the ending of Raps and Eugene had been decided, I believe the crew won't fuck up their characters & relationship in the last season.

Attached: encode20190325082941.webm (704x396, 299K)

LOVE

TO SAVE 1 PERSON

To save the one person they loved. That is true love.

I wish a girl could do that for me...not just any girls... a 7/10 or an 7.5/10

oh surprise when a show is touched by SJW and demented leftist artists it turns into shit.

i made sure to have the ending planned out with my stuff.

They're children's cartoons. On a board for cartoons. Are we supposed to just shit on it because some other people did? Are you afraid to tell people in real life of your interests because you're afraid they won't like them? Do you pretend that you hate stuff that other people do?

I don't know where we fucking went so wrong as to make absolute fucking cowards like you -who parrot every shitpost they see- welcome on this board. You echo every criticism you notice on this website without any knowledge of its source content so you can feel like you fit in the Yea Forums "le epic pessimist mindset" because you're certainly not going to get the satisfaction of community and friendship out of real life, you worthless fucking nobody.

I hate you. I hate everything you represent in this day and age on this board in which shitposting hiveminds have replaced actual debate. I hate that you are incapable of forming your own opinion. I hate that genuinely good shows and movies now have a bad reputation on this site because of fucking morons like you.

Attached: SANDPAPER VAGINA.png (4524x2836, 565K)

Who hurt you?

there are only two ways to end shows:

cancel them because they don't generate profit
keep them on life support as long as they generate profit

Attached: badchoices.jpg (500x756, 109K)

Now add Voltron: Legendary Defender and Dragon Prince to that list

>Gravity Falls

The ending was some of the most cliche tropes you can find. If you want to make a point at least be consistent.

>you think having humans makes it more "serious"
Star Vs never took itself seriously in the first season. Star was a manic pixie dream girl and a fish out of water. The tone worked for what it was. In season 2, they tried being DEEP with some of the villains but it never went anywhere significant. Then the shipping turned up to 11 and it all went to shit. And then they tried getting WOKE on top of all that. The shit icing on the shit cake.

Eeeeh, I dunno. So far a bunch of important plot points has been kinda sketchy.

Add season 5 of SJ to that list
Its odd how alot of these more 'popular' shows have been completely fumbling around and falling on their face. I wonder if the people behind them are just not up to par.

>Steven Universe is more like they're operating with two sets of blueprints and they constantly switch back and forth as some Frankenstein house
Considering the crew behind the show explained how they don't use scripts and write the show exclusively through storyboards, it's more like they constructed a building with no blueprints at all, and instead used interpretive dance to communicate instructions.

it crapped itself midway.

Attached: season2.jpg (2560x1440, 310K)

Who the fuck are you?

I disagree with you on SU. All of the major plot points in that show were foreshadowed and hinted at throughout the series.

I bet you're a Monikafag, trasheater

>Voltron
I knew I was forgetting something. At least gay Shiro was revalent to my interests

and don't forget that each designer was free to make up their own blueprints, then trash them and shit on a wacom until a formless mass of Steven appeared to be "animated"

>Monikafag
What's that?

Basically someone who loves Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club
She literally fucks over the universe because she loves the protagonist

It's a shitty love story. It started out OK as a "best friends fall in love" thing, but then it's nothing but distractions (Jackie, Tom, Star being a bitch) until it finally drops the other show. Flabby and lazy.

We don't know for sure but yeah it seems pretty likely

>The root cause of the issue is that all the current generation writers don't plan out their stories.

Why would they if they have to potentially change it around to appease the people giving them money? (See: Regular Show)

Be honest, would you prefer a love-triangle romantic sub plot or a will-they-won't-they romantic subplot?

>Is it really too much to ask to get a show which doesn't try to subvert long proven classic tropes
Apparently for you it is. Good luck with that, and life, etc.