Why does Kara PG have no run on her own in the new DC...

Why does Kara PG have no run on her own in the new DC? Isn't she like money printer since DC keeps her with her well-selling big tits and a boob window (we've just seen her like that in the 2018 Deathstroke Annual)? I mean, bust aside we've seen her being written as an interesting character for many times before so it's not like she is a lost cause scenario-wise.

Attached: 1442737048241.png (1268x1624, 1.44M)

She has a cult following but she isn't a big seller. DC has tried to revamp her thinking shit like costume, tit size, origins or team members may be holding her back, ironically fucking up her background and pushing away existing readers in the process. Honestly, the leadership at DC sucks at building on success and always does change just for the sake of change before going back to status quo with their tails between their legs.

Attached: 1442375509749.jpg (1920x2951, 1.72M)

Its a fucking death sentence. Gatekeeper and Twitter outrage mob will your life for this shit.
No level-headed artist or writer wants to deal with that shit because you want titties

Stop with this boogeyman shit, the real reason is that there's nothing about her beyond fanart, and there's barely anything that justifies a solo series, let alone a mini. Unless there's a solid idea that doesn't revolve around her tits, why bother?
And no before you start crying about it, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with "sexy" characters, but it's pointless to release a book if all you're going to do is have her pose sexily to the reader, may as well just read Red Sonja or some shit in Zenescope.

It's not really about the outrage crowd though the gatekeepers at WB certainly are suspect. NRS's leadership rejecting the comics faithful design was just plain retarded. Peeg is in a weird limbo where she is popular enough to include in teams and be used to good effect as a guest star in comics but almost never get adapted because Supergirl gets all the bigger roles.

Attached: xuvakzn6yo1z.jpg (864x1440, 629K)

>Why does Kara PG have no run on her own in the new DC?
Because she's still on Earth 2 and DC gave up on Earth 2.

>the real reason is that there's nothing about her beyond fanart
Oh I'm sorry I must have totally imagined the critical acclaimed and fan beloved Palmotti/Gray/Conner run.

Attached: 987767.jpg (600x948, 146K)

>Unless there's a solid idea that doesn't revolve around her tits, why bother?
WTF. When did she ever have a plot about her tits?

This mentality is why most creators artists when it comes to the character.

Writer: Hey I have an I idea for Powergirl story and it goes like...
Readers:TITS, TITS, TITS, TITS
Twitter Mob: TITS, TITS, TITS, TITS

Writer: ok forget it

The changes of her origins were not because they were trying different ideas for her, but because post-crisis Superman was supposed to be the only Kryptonian alive. Thus Atlantean, pregnant Kara and shapeshifter later angel Supergirl were born.

Kinda weird to criticize that very well designed suit while wearing that weird diaper crotch-patch thing.

New 52 Earth Two has been retired. They will bring back the main universe power girl(seen in the deathstroke annual) again, but she's on lockdown with the rest of the JSA until Doomsday clock finishes. The simple fact is she's kind of stuck as a niche appeal concept since she's an alternate universe grow up supergirl with a sexier costume. We might eventually get a new series with her eventually since Palmiotti expressed interest with doing something with her during rebirth but was told no because of the doomsday clock lockdown.

She cant hold a title for that long. Shes less popular than other Kryptonian themed heroes like Supes or her alt main universe Kara. If she got another ongoing it would go on for what.....20-30 issues?

Has there ever been a JLU Galatea and Power Girl crossover?

Attached: galatea supergirl.png (600x338, 208K)

Two to Two and half years isn't exactly a bad run.

If you live in the world of “good enough” then yeah its passable. The idea is to hold a book for much longer so it can garner a fanbase and attest to that character holding their own. 2 years is nothing, some of the worst characters around get 2 years.

There's nothing TO do with her. Karen has exactly three aspects to her, and the general comics audience will shit themselves with rage at all of them if any writer dares touch them.

She's an aggressive feminist.
>a bloo hoo, SJWs ruining MY COMICS

She's got identity issues.
>Ugh, so confusing, waaaaaah.

And she's the founder and CEO of a computer technology company.
>HUUUUUUURRRRRR BUSINESS LOGISTICS BORING ME WANT PUNCHING HUUUUURRRRRRR

She's doomed to being "hurr hurr tits" the character because readers are a bunch of drooling retards.

>there's nothing about her beyond fanart, and there's barely anything that justifies a solo series, let alone a mini.
She's Supergirl, but also a businesswoman and a hothead/loose canon on top of that. Supergirl has an ongoing and it works because her writers make it work. The same can be done for PG. No one wants to risk boob jokes these days besides Palmiotti and Conner though.

>Because she's still on Earth 2
She's actually stuck in a limbo dimension between Earth 2 and main Earth. Literally and figuratively speaking. The new Power Girl of main Earth saw her trapped there and jumped in to help her. But now they're both trapped together.

In this climate, its too much trouble for a character/IP that a creator doesn't own.

They would have to be rebellious fucker with nothing to lose to write Powergirl while keeping her most well known visual design the same.

Why would someone waste all their 'piss-and-vinegar' on someone else's property? On Power Girl of all characters.

>Why would someone waste all their 'piss-and-vinegar' on someone else's property?
For the clout. Something to add to their twitter bio. You haven't seen some of these freelancers proudly displaying their character assassination skills on social media.

The Power Girl trapped between dimensions is almost certainly the pre-flashpoint version who got imprisoned there by Manhattan. The Earth 2 version already was confimred to be sent home and was dating Val Zod.

That's reassuring to hear because Earth 2 PG is a completely fucked character in my opinion.

>businesswoman
A side of her you cannot explore because readers only want action action action all the time forever. You haven't seen the screeching anger that ensues when someone suggests an exploration about where superheroes get their costumes and equipment from. Imagine how pissy the masses would get at the idea of Power Girl: Computer Science Business Simulator.

Fuck Morrison for the Batmobile tires quote. For someone obsessed with heady concepts, that is some serious anti-intellectual bullshit he spewed out his mouth. Pretentious cunt.

at least dating until she learned all the shit he did, last i recall she wanted nothing to do with him

>Imagine how pissy the masses would get at the idea of Power Girl: Computer Science Business Simulator.
The Palmiotti/Gray run executed the task just fine. You don't have to cover the intricacies of running a business. Just the stress of being a boss. The funky comic book science involved in PG's business is another issue though.

She can't be an imprisoned pre-flashpoint version because she knows who Tanya is when Tanya enters the void with her. Tanya was only from the New 52.
My theory was that she is a copy from when she went back to Earth-2 late in the World's Finest series. Like in Star Trek, a copy of her got caught in the transfer buffer. So one popped up on Earth Two and did all the Val Zod stuff, while another one was stuck in limbo.
The main problem with my theory is that the costumes don't match 100%.
This is from when she left Earth One

Attached: Worlds-Finest-025-Return Home.jpg (1920x8749, 3.69M)

I feel like both Power Girl's will get rescued eventually, Priest isn't the sort of writer to leave plot points unresolved.

and this is the Deathstroke issue. I just realized that Tanya knows who she is, but Karen herself doesn't actually speak to Tanya

Attached: Deathstroke (2016-) 001 - Annual-038.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

I was frankly never interested in the New 52 version of Earth 2 so forgive me for not beoing up on all the details. The whole thing was misbegotten concept. Nobody wanted a modernized ultimate style JSA. They should have just had the JSA relaunch carrying on from where they were pre flashpoint more or less, like Batman and Green Lantern , just on their own earth.

>I just realized that Tanya knows who she is, but Karen herself doesn't actually speak to Tanya

Then Tanya probably just mistook her for her Kara.

Tanya literally calls her Karen in that page

Karen, Kara, both versions are called by both those names. The fact is that Power Girl doesn't talk to Tanya. The point is Tanya just assumes she's the Power girl she knew.

>Woe is me, I'm in charge.
Lame. Just like how She-Hulk is at her best when her book goes balls deep into actual law and order shit, Power Girl has the potential to be great if writers would nut up and have her go full on business sim.

>>businesswoman
>A side of her you cannot explore because readers only want action action action all the time forever

YOU CAN DO BOTH. Karen the CEO of a MMA Organization or ProWrestling. Fuck that even be more interesting.

Attached: hqdefault_5.jpg (480x360, 25K)

>Wildcat is a Vince McMahon type guy for his Pro-Wrestling / MMA organization
>New Blood is needed
>Enter his "daughter" Kara McMahon and her betrothed, Triple L
>They have to face John Superman, BatSting and The Ultimate Bane to go to Justicemania and earn the CEO position
>They become the enxt evil and corrupt Authority

I'd totally read that.

What if we bring back Peeg, but as a lighthearted book taking the piss out of the multiverse.
I just wanted to dump my Peeg edits

Attached: .jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

You mean Karen as the CEO of a Metahuman MMA/Pro Wrestling organization.

>crisis of infinite tits
I'd buy it

>Villain of the series is revealed to be an alternate Peeg who was flat and went mad after seeing every other iteration of herself had great big tits

Attached: PowerGoth.jpg (856x1080, 295K)

Needs another 12 to 24 issues by connor, grey, and palmotti.

why not make it a supergirl-prime thing, hell i could see current dc pulling a wally and going all in with original supergirl/pg going psycho. it would help them justify themselves handing off the name

Anons, Boobmerica salutes you for your patriotits.

Attached: Best America.jpg (1181x1603, 161K)

go on...

Dubsanon, I suspect you are secretely Frank Cho

Attached: THE TITS WAR - Justits League Special.jpg (518x800, 356K)

Karen goes to earth 1 and does more yuri bait comedic action with Atlee.

Black power girl goes to earth 2 and partners with black superman or Mr. Terrrific.

Supergirl IS mentioned as possibly being one of the characters who is being controlled by Batman Who Laughs.

WWE with metahumans, except that the fights are real and no scripting. Story is Karen going around recruiting metahumans to join her company and dealing with pushback from people who are opposed to this. At the very first Meta Brawl, villains crash the event and we get Karen and her fighters vs villains. The ensuing battle makes Meta Brawl popular with the audience and Karen's business venture is successful.

Basically Ultimate Muscle + Tiger Mask W with superheroes and villains.

>Basically Ultimate Muscle + Tiger Mask W with superheroes and villains
>PG as Mrs. X / Sandra and Supergirl as Spring Tiger / Haruna during the final episode of TMW
YES!

So is this like that Strange Tales story where it's a performance but behind the scenes they're all just doing a job? Like the Kayfabe is the Heroes are the faces, and the villains the heels but then out of the ring they've got totally different relationships.

Attached: r-grampa_st02_final.jpg (800x1220, 1.28M)

Sort of, except that in the ring some heroes are heels and some of the villains are faces.

Power Girl as the host of the DC universe's equivalent of the King of Fighters tournament.

My memory is kind of foggy, but did Karen lose her company at one point? Or is she able to get it back somehow?

Its starts like that one page from Multiversity where the good Sivanna realizes that every other iteration of him across the multiverse is evil

>I'm just simple kryptonian with A-cups, are you telling me the Powergirls from every other universe are stacked?

So Power Girl as Antonov?

Attached: kof design.jpg (4960x3507, 1.5M)

A more competent version of him,I guess. Power Girl's team would probably be herself, Atlee and Tanya.

Was that the one with best Terra, that was really good and who was the moron who decided to remove Terra from the later issues.

Nobody will complain if you put a female cheesecake artist like Amanda Conner on it. Nobody's going to claim she's sexist, they'll just say she is comfortable with sexuality. Hell, she can be as cheesecakey as any male artist, and you'll probably still have people commending her for somehow being more tasteful than "typical make artists."

Just put female creators who like raunchy shit, like Gail Simone, on every sexualized female-led comic, and nobody can criticize you.

I'm almost done with the Conner/Palmiotti/Gray run and want to read more PG stuff but I'm a casual and I'm a bit confused by all the different variations of the JSA. Which run is the one where she's part of the group?
Also, what else should I pick up?

Wouldn’t that be roulette?

Make her a rival

So is she running the WCW to her WWF?
>things get ugly when they start trying to steal eachother's wrestlers

never and why would you want it?

Which leads to Team Power Girl vs Team Roulette to determine the fate of both companies.