Lois Lane loves Superman not Clark Kent

Explain to me why Lana isn't right here? Lois never liked Clark Kent and always dismissed him as a country bumpkin. She only went Clark because he was Superman. For all her faults Yea Forums keeps saying of SMWW. Wonder Woman treated Superman as an equal and accepted his Smallville upbringing. Whereas Lois continuesly reminds him of it like it's a fault of his that is unattractive to her. There are many women out there who like Clark as a whole Lana Lang for example. Isn't obvious that the Lois Lane pairing only exists as the nice guy trope. Clark married a groupie. Lana is right and maybe Yea Forums are also illusioned. This pairing of Superman and Lois is simply an infatuation that went further. It's not love.

Attached: IMG_0039.jpg (602x954, 307K)

This will be an interesting thread. I want to see the mental gymnastics that will be made to explain OP strong and factual argument.

How can Lana be so based.

I mean, Lois fell in love with and agreed to marry Clark, and only found out he was Superman months in to the engagement this was all pretty clearly established post-crisis.

It's also weird that you're pointing to Austen's run as evidence that Lana is a better partner when that run established that Lana was an obsessive stalker and a homewrecker who actively tried to sabotage Clark's relationship with Lois so that she could have him all to herself.

I haven't seen a thread this detailed in a while but Yea Forums got an attention of a child. I won't put it past them to just go REEE you're a SMWW fan because your against Lois when OP clearly used that as an example with Lana as well and ignore answering properly.

Using one run as an example when Lois's entire character was her shallowness of loving Superman and dismissing Clark Kent.

is this austen?

I feel as though you're just deliberately ignoring what I'm writing so you can just repeat what you've convinced yourself, and will continue to do so no matter what I say or do.

Here's the (you) you really want, I suppose.

So did the Kill Bill character actually influence modern comic book writers or some shit?

Didn't Yea Forums tell me that what that character said was bullshit since Superman is Clark Kent?

>Didn't Yea Forums tell me that what that character said was bullshit since Superman is Clark Kent?
Pretty much. Post-Crisis, Superman wasn't raised as Kal-El, he was raised as Clark Kent and only learnt about his powers when he was a teenager. Him being Clark Kent is genuine, its who he is at his core, whereas, really, its Superman that's the persona he puts on, the idea of the perfect hero he strives to be.

Also, everything Bill spouted was pure bullshit and the Superman speech was a means to highlight how out of touch he was with basic compassion, so that should've tipped you off.

Using both Lois and Lana's general entire character history. Lana liked Clark for Clark. Lois never did only Superman. You can't change Lois's character and just say She liked Clark suddenly when years of history showed us all the opposite. It's like Anons here insulting SMWW (I'm Barda fan) saying she doesn't acknowledge Clark but his Kryptonian identity Kal-El. Yet ignore all the stories where Diana has dinner with Clark Kent and comes to love that side of his. And at the same are hypocritical when Lois's entire identity is her putting down Clark for Superman. isnt this a case of projection. Diana is shallow, Lana is a stalker when in reality it's all Lois who is both shallow and a stalker of Superman?

>Lana liked Clark for Clark. Lois never did only Superman
Not true actually. She was literally just Superboy's equivalent to Lois Lane when she was introduced and was at best just Lois Lane's rival to Superman as the silver age went on. Her actually being Clark's Smallville sweetheart was established much later.

>You can't change Lois's character and just say She liked Clark suddenly when years of history showed us all the opposite

You literally can, actually, as evidenced by post-Crisis Superman.

>isnt this a case of projection.

This whole thread feels like a weird case of projection, user.

>drop prime gingerpussy that only has eyes for you to marry a "city girl" that's had miles of dick in her
Is Clark retarded? At least he's not like Bruce, who keeps whoring around and trying to marry a literal whore, but Jesus.

> You literally can, actually, as evidenced by post-Crisis Superman.
So we can literally can change someone's character yet argue that other pairings for Superman aren't fit because of x, y and z? When it's actually what Lois is? Pairing wars are really annoying.

>So we can literally can change someone's character yet argue that other pairings for Superman aren't fit because of x, y and z?
Welcome to comic books, user.

Why should I make a strong and factual argument against an OP that has clearly already made their mind up and is only looking to stir the pot.

OP clearly isn a fan of any pairing but raised an interesting fact. The fact that you see OP already making up his mind actually proves point.

Okay, so who thinks OP is actually Lana posting from her creepy Clark Altar room?

me!

Because Lana doesnt read comics.
Since COIE, editorial made sure Lois fell in love with Clark, they were considering marriage before Clark told her.

See, you can make up shit all you want, you just cant claim its what happened.

The entire basis for this argument is that Clark Kent is who Superman really is, that Clark Kent isn't the act, or that he isn't something inbetween both identities or neither.
And the answer to that question, is not only incredibly important for this discussion, but far more interesting than who the man decided he loves and wants to spend his life and raise his child with.
||though a kryptonian amazonian child would be pretty cool and they should make some kind of test tube child that's controlled by a villain to fight the justice league.||

Have you even read the post?

Let's say you're Clark Kent. Someone you like keeps dismissing you for Superman who's your alter ego to save people. Then suddenly tells you she likes you after finding out your the man she obsesses over and ignored you for? Common sense user. And common sense tells you Lois is not right.

>Superman wasn't raised as Kal-El, he was raised as Clark Kent and only learnt about his powers when he was a teenager.
But Clark Kent stays Clark Kent, no matter what he learns, what he see or loses as Superman, when Clark learns about his powers that's something that's a part of him now, when he learned about his origins, when he takes on the lives of billions, these things affect a person, but Clark Kent has to stay Clark Kent. To say Clark Kent is not even in the slightest a facade is an incredible stretch or just really poor writing.

>mfw Loisfags made Lana a coalburner in Superwoman to prop up their shitty oneitis
Loisfags should burn in Hell.

Attached: 1510356744784.png (448x250, 122K)

Presenting Superman as his true self is mistakenly based on the fact that he has alien ancestry, but the ancestry has no bearing on his identity. As Zod says, he is no kryptonian. Like latin american kids whou cant speak spanish or dance salsa, he is inherently and intrinsically an american earthling.
Psychologically, he is Clark. Raised as Clark, called Clark by his family and put on a costume as an adult. He is not Superman, the Superman persona allows him to be Clark, protects Clark and his loved ones.

Lois marries Clark without knowing. And, even then, yes, learning a guy risks his life to save innocent people, and often you, would change your perspective on who he is as a person. That's not shallow or anything even comparable. That's learning more about someone's positive aspects and accepting them, as well as accepting the father to her child might not come home one night, that there might be a choice between her and the fate of the universe, that if he is ever exposed she and her child would be at risk, and accepting those negatives too.

For most of their history, Superman and Lois Lane’s romance was built around simple, but effective dynamics. Lois Lane loved Superman, but not Clark Kent. She never loved you but your alter ego. How is this not shallow? In fact how is this even healthy? Are you willing to commit in a relationship built on an infatuation of an alter ego not your real self? Especially when Lois never would even consider Clark Kent at all. There's a matter of self respect here.

For most of their history, Superman and Lois starred in ridiculous stories with no sophistication or nuance. There was no implication on the underlying psychology behind their motivations and no motive from the writers beyond presenting entertaining situations. It was shallow. How is it healthy to pretend there was some subtext on how shallow Lois' actions were?

Taking characters actions, thoughts, words, etc at face value and considering them part of their actual, valid characterization, regardless of how ridiculous they are, in how bizarre situations the characters find themselves and whether they're played for laughs or not is a prerequisite to reading comics and watching cartoons.

It’s not clear cut like that. The original Lois Lane hated Clark Kent and loved Superman because Clark acted like an actual sniveling coward to hide the fact that he was Superman.

Golden Age Superman was the real identity, while Clark Kent was the disguise.

Byrne’s Superman and Clark Kent are basically the same, and so it doesn’t matter who she falls in love with first.

Sure is healthier though.

Either you miss a not, or you imagined one existed in my post.

> Golden Age Superman was the real identity, while Clark Kent was the disguise.
> Byrne’s Superman and Clark Kent are basically the same, and so it doesn’t matter who she falls in love with first.

Clark Kent put on the suit to become Superman. Lois loves Superman then fell for Clark Kent because he was Superman. How is this so hard for you to understand? Lois's character is falling for one side of a man and not the other. It doesn't matter how you play with the Superman/Clark Kent identities. A shallow woman is a shallow woman. Lois Lane is shallow.

Just like Teela and He-Man...

Are you ok?

I just don't understand what you meant. Something in the syntax eludes me.

Because Superman and Clark Kent as the public see are both false.
Superman puts on an airs of mystery which isn't how Clark really is. And Clark Kent puts on a meak/bumbling persona which isn't how Superman really is.

It is only after he reveals his secret identity do you get to see the REAL Clark Kent. A personality blend of both Clark and Superman, who has doubts but still does it all for the little man.

Lois fell in love with Superman and not Clark because he had perfected the false Clark, and was never given a chance to see the real Clark until many years later. Clark never gave her a chance to fall for Clark Kent.

ITT: one Lana/Superman shipper goes through some amazing mental gymnastics to justify a ship that's been dead longer than most people on Yea Forums have been alive, including using one of the worst ever Superman runs as "proof"

Okay let's say this

Golden age and silver age lois is shallow

post crisis lois loves clark as clarck

post flashpoint I have no idea

>lois is the typical roastie
Oh gee who the fuck didn’t see that happening.

*clark

So is right and comics is all about pairing wars like said. I read anons saying Wonder Woman is lady Macbeth when she's with Superman that's why SMWW doesn't work? When in many stories they're not exactly that and are a great couple. That means we're all just throwing the cons of the pairings we dislike against each other while refusing the flaws of the pairings we like?

>Lana liked Clark for Clark
Well that's revisionist bullshit.

>Then suddenly tells you she likes you after finding out your the man she obsesses over and ignored you for?
But that didn't happen, Lois fell for Clark first and foremost.

>How is this so hard for you to understand?
How hard is this for you to understand: that Lois fell in love with clark first.

Lois is the shittiest reporter there is. End of story. She had to be told who he was and most of her stories are linked to him and who he is and because she is screwing him. Clark is an idiot too. Dude drops everything for her. Their relationship is highly problematic. In real world terms this relationship is toxic and no one would accept what they do as reporter. Clois fans accept bullshit as love. If you have one iota of common sense you would see Lois and Clark do not work. DC trying everything to make them work yet it fails to really convince many people. Wonder Woman is probably the only one the guy just get on with his job without having to drop what he is doing to save her and she understands what it means to be someone like him. Lois never could. For decades Lois spurred Clark until he told her he was Superman. She got what she wanted. She got the rockstar like the groupie she always was. DC try hard now to subvert some of the troupes and even trying to make Lois WW lite. I heard Lois beat up Furies and even Darkseid. If that isn't a load of BS i don't know what is.

That's not how you spoil.

It's just banter you autist.

Someone post the Maggin quote.

is this Tommy's new obsession? Is he finally moving towards sperging out at DC fags?

Oddly, I think the old Lois and Clark (the New Adventures of Superman!) explored this the best.

To start out Clark is practically invisible to her and then becomes basically her gay best friend while she soaks the entire room everytime Superman turns up. Then she starts seeing how impressive Clark can be over time and his own (if mistaken) sexual exploits annoy her and his wins and victories start to impress her. Then she starts to realize that her crush on Superman is going nowhere and actively gets jealous over Clark having dates and other relationships. Then when Clark 'dies' she is totally wrecked and if I'm remembering right (its been a while) that's when she realizes how much Clark has come to mean to her. (But then comes the issue that, after working out he's Superman, she will never actually come first because someone always needs help in earshot.)

Then again this Clark has be pretty alpha. One of the first things he does to get even with her after she tricks him out of a story is arrange for her to fall is stinking sludge in search of a mock-story and enjoys her misery. He's no softy.

Attached: 1528313563029.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

>only went Clark
>to explain OP strong
>Yea Forums got an attention of a child
At least alter your fucking grammatical errors when samefagging. Far too obivous.

And this is why Smallville has the best Clark Kent and Superman, because the writers actually understood that he DOESN'T need to put on the act. People see Superman as larger than life, practically a god, so much so that Clark Kent who grew up on a farm being him is something that makes cognitive dissonance kick in. Despite them looking the same, talking the same, and both being generally good people, Clark just couldn't possibly be Superman. For a start off he is a massive liar and coward who always manages to hide whenever danger comes up or welches on meetings and appointments.

Attached: 1528564440293.jpg (960x1458, 119K)

Clark IS Superman.

The only difference is that he plays down his confidence when being a reporter and slouches a bit. In private she would be getting all the Supermanning.

This isn't like Batman vs Bruce Wayne.

>Clark Kent put on the suit to become Superman.
Not in Golden Age, the Original. I know this must be hard to understand, because writers fail to demonstrate the distinction anymore, considering comics and live action skipped this part.

But the Clark Kent that Lois knew is a fucking act. He’s not the real Clark Kent. Say what you want about how Golden Age Superman was a flat character, but back then he made it an effort to actually make the disguise convincing.

Lois fell in love for who he really was, for his personality, which only showed itself when he was Superman.

Attached: B980FE29-155C-415E-BDFE-8657378A4F67.png (700x312, 356K)

I saw it a bunch of times, and the moment I go look for it, all I find is his Super Monkey quote. God loves to play tricks on me.

Actually it is, sort of
clark kent working in public =/= actual clark kent in his private life, with his loved ones, like pa, ma kent and lois=superman
bruce wayne in public =/=actual bruce wayne, in the mansion with alfred, dick, damian=batman

>Clark loves Lois, Lois loves Superman, Superman loves Clark

>bullshitting this hard
You're pathetic OP
“Superman loved Lois Lane.
Lois Lane loved Clark Kent and ached in vain
to believe he was Superman.
Clark Kent loved Superman.
No one understood this.”

Not here to debate, just wanna post some Maggin too
>Superman can't do the stuff Clark can do. Not that he wouldn't if he didn't have a sacred duty to perform, but he can't. So not only is Clark a construct for the purposes of guarding what measure of privacy he requires for his own emotional self-preservation, but Clark is the outlet that allows Superman to do the things that Superman can't do in public. Clark can, and that makes him Superman's saving grace. Clark, the character, doesn't need Superman, but Superman, the real deal, absolutely needs Clark.

>>Every day the president of the United States wakes up and puts on the raiment once worn by Lincoln, and who he really is during the period of his presidency is the president of he United States. And you call him “Mr. President” for the rest of his life.
>When he gets up in the morning, the heavyweight champion of the world, whoever he was when he was born, embodies the mantle once carried by Ali and Louis, and from the moment someone says, “Good morning,” that's who he is, really. I once lost an arm-wrestling contest with Jack Dempsey on the sidewalk outside the 21 Club. He was 76, and I was 22, and do you think the old man would let the swaggering kid win and impress the girl he's with? He couldn't possibly. What he did was damn near break my arm and then said, “Winner gets the redhead, OK?” He was so profoundly “the Champ” that not even his closest friends thought of him as just Jack.

>I once created a thing called Lexcorp. It was just a throwaway word in a story I wrote. But I thought about it for a long time and I was very happy when I came up with the name. It's my name, and every time someone uses it I take a measure of pride in its use. I get to be the guy who first said that eventually Luthor evolves from a super-villain in a prison jump suit with a collection of wacky gizmos in a hidden basement somewhere into a big badass industrialist. Obviously other people have done more with the concept than I ever did. Lexcorp has evolved into a major institution in Superman's continuity and that was through no doing of my own. But I do insist that whenever someone, somewhere mentions the “creation” of Lexcorp, I get the credit, as properly in the continuity Martha and Jonathan Kent certainly get the credit for first creating the concept of Clark Kent. But it is others who refined and continue to build Lexcorp. And every day that he gets up in the morning and goes to work, Superman goes far beyond the Kents' original germ of an idea to build Clark.
>Clark is real. That's the whole brilliance of the concept. But the concept is even more “real” within the context of the storytelling than the storytelling can represent. That's why the character is and thinks of himself as Superman.

As I understand it, the Clark that Lois and the other daily planet people know is a persona though. The “real” Clark is the one Lana grew up with, and the one who became Superman. Smallville Clark and Superman are one and the same. Clark the reporter is the made up one