Is Superman a more interesting villain than a hero?

Is Superman a more interesting villain than a hero?

Attached: Injustice2Superman.jpg (749x1077, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8A8YUW1R2k8
youtu.be/oSfCC3mZ5jU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

only to casuals

Yes, but that's also true of practically all superheroes. Except Captain America. Evil Captain America is just a fucking asshole.

Evil Cap was great before he got rid of Vegas

Part of what makes him a interesting villain is how it subverts his usual portrayal of a paragon of good.
Other than that I don't see how he would be different from any generic villain.

No, it's just been done less. I'm looking forward to seeing Brightburn though, and I enjoyed Irredeemable a lot

No. All the usual complaints about Superman are magnified and coded directly into the story to facilitate him being a villain. Evil Superman stories only work by either the intentional nerfing or removal of characters or setting elements that would negate him; it's also why pastiche versions like Irredeemable usually lack Superman's weaknesses outright and operate at higher powerlevels.

No.

Superman's only interesting quality is his trouble juggling his incredible power with his humanity.
And the fact he is not tempted by his power. THAT is what makes him Superman.

Irredeemable is awesome tho and is definitely the most evil of not-supermans, hell he mindfucks the world on a whim.

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1280x1957, 751K)

Is hero a more interesting Superman than villain?

Attached: captain hero.jpg (900x900, 75K)

I still prefer Superboy Prime.
A teenager so angry and frustrated he can't even talk coherently while stil very probably being the most powerful creature in all the universe is just more scary than a run-of-the-mill supervillain.

Let's see... how many universes did he destroy? ...I want to say two? Or did he destroy number 15 twice?

Attached: Well that's just Prime.jpg (650x1000, 268K)

I'm ashamed to say that, but while I don't like the idea of an evil Superman, evil Superboy first Prime always amused me.

I can't even find him hateful, although his literally a troll, a Yea Forums user with the powers of a Silver Age Superman.

No, they always default to Clark turning into a generic "might makes right" dictator instead of truly exploring the concept of the nicest guy in the world going rogue.

Prime is like a lot of us in Yea Forums, bitter and angry. However, there is a nugget of truth somewhere inside his incoherent ramblings.

Hero

The idea of an alien with God-like powers coming to Earth to try an live a life as a simple humble nobody is interesting when written correctly. The fact that people like Luthor can't see this is what makes Supes special.

youtube.com/watch?v=8A8YUW1R2k8

Attached: lex.png (599x882, 1.01M)

>Only criminals need to fear me.
injustice superman is not a villain

Attached: superman-kills-shazam-injustice-gods-among-us-2.jpg (1892x1468, 1.94M)

The people who prefer Supes as a villain are the same people that believe that monologue in Kill Bill.

Attached: 1481519937157.gif (165x155, 10K)

No, but he can be an interesting villain when handled right like in Red Son.

Injustice's Superman is trash though.

He's actually quite terrifying from the looks of this

youtu.be/oSfCC3mZ5jU

Injustice is trash. Evil Superman only works for fags who don’t read Superman.

Only if you're a cynic.

Powerful villains are always interesting.