Did Yea Forums like this? I liked it. I thought it was fucking hilarious

Did Yea Forums like this? I liked it. I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Attached: opera_2019-05-19_01-26-25.png (1086x442, 761K)

I dug it a lot. Loved the set-up and really hope Darkwing/Drake Mallard spins off into his own show.

honestly not a fan of turning classic darkwing into a villain. DW was self centered and how you say kind of a jackass in the original show, but he was still a hero.

Yeah but the actor who voiced him was an awful person

loved it. oppai shirt, megavolt bane, prince shout out. the ending was great. makes me both wish they'd make more DW but also content with what I got.

And Lena Dunham raped her sister and put pebbles in her vagina, but she's still voicing a character on the show

To be fair, new Darkwing was Drake and the identity of 'Jim Starling' was the mostly new creation.

Really hard to remember that with the voices though.

Darkwing Duck is lame.

Wasn't Cummings cleared of all wrong doing last week?

I liked it. I thought it worked great as a reboot of Darkwing.

Only real problem is that they've kind of boxed themselves in a corner as far as villains go because they showed that most of his badguys were actors on a TV show.

So they'll either have to go with the obscure ones or new guys.

That’s why “actors aren’t their characters” is an important moral in this day and age

Gotta separate the art from the artist sometimes.

It's why I don't use Twitter.

Or Negaduck creates villains from the show. Also as the last Gizmo episode has shown, there is no shortage of villains in Duckburg- I mean having 4 weather villains in a week shows how saturated with wacky badguys the city is

I skipped it. I’ve been far too busy recently, and the last three episodes were filler anyways

What did he even “do”

Accused of torturing dogs

Plus everyone will know Darkwing is Drake. Also the other way is to show villains who were not shown as part of the show like Tuskernini and such.Steelbeak could be around.

He can still end up being very egotistical, don’t forget the lines of him saying he’s scrappy strong fit and charismatic, and him saying he is better than Gizmo Duck. I think he can still be very full of himself.

Would they though? The movie never aired they might think it’s Jim, who would say yes clearly he’s the one and only Darkwing.

Oh I really hope that’s not true, but not like people would riot I mean Look at Micheal Vick he was proven guilty and now has his own clothing line.

Lena de spell is voiced by Kimiko Glenn

Attached: 71F2C5C6-F114-40BC-89AA-19ADD4308A08.jpg (291x291, 23K)

Frank's tweet kind of made it sound like he was unsure how far he could take the Darkwing thing, and used Negaduck, Megavolt, Liquidator and Quackerjack because they where his favourites and wanted to take the chance when he could.Sorry Frank, but who chooses Luquidator over Bushroot?

If there is a continuation or spinoff, I can't imagine they'd turn down the chance to bring them back proper, though they'd probably have to be pretty different.

Maybe Negaduck could track down some down on their luck guys with similair-ish powers and convince them to join him to create the Fearsome Five and model themselves on his old shows.

Though I don't know how you top a characterisation like Megavolt.
He rivaled Negaduck for best villain, maybe not in his badguy-ness but certainly the funniest.

Who is she voicing I can't find anything about this

I really hope so.
Making Drake an actor is freaking perfect and it'd be a waste to play down his ego after that.

Maybe being Darkwing makes him more boastful because he has such faith in the concept and idea.
He could even develop an inferiority complex when he feels like he might be failing to live up to the ideal.

I loved that Edgar Wright was the voice of the Director trying to create his vision of a big budget superhero movie and the studio execs not understanding it.

She’s not voicing anyone in this show. Maybe he thinks for whatever reason Lena de’spell is Dunham?

I'm hoping Negaduck causes a bunch of "accidents" that turns people into the supervillains from his show.

Well the Gismo Duck episode introduced nanites that can used to give super powers.

Attached: F407FA70-A855-4ADE-B697-8175BBD08938.gif (600x338, 2.5M)

the villain team-ups will be inevitable
we already had Beaks and Glomgold anyways just add all the other big shots
it would be interesting to see how they play off of each other with their different ages/ backgrounds and ideologies and whether or not they already know each other from newspapers/TV

Cannot really move past Cummings being a horrible fucking person to want to see him in a kids show of all things. I'll wait until they redub.

Bushroot VA was dead, they were getting the older guys back for a small scene at the time

It also lets them open the door for new "interpretations" of villains so they can redesign all they want and give them newer motivations. So they don't have to use the same old Quackerjack, and make up some new clown themed toy villain.

Well they probably named Lena after her, so my point still stands.

It was actually Keith Ferguson doing a spot-on impression doing Megavolt.
I guess they couldn't get Castellaneta.

But why would you NOT want to use the fearsome five? They where the most beloved for a reason.

I wouldn't mind a different take on them if they keep the core spirit though, the way they do when they interpret Batman's rouges. Quackerjack especially has been all over the place in adaptations.

>spoiler
Who wouldn't? I do like him more than Megavolt though.

You didn't follow the story after the initial clickbait article, huh? He was cleared and got custody of his daughters back like a week ago.

It's a different continuity dude

Just admit you got owned on the internet bro

Megavolt, Negaduck and Bushroot are objectively the best. Them's the rules.

>Megavolt?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (716x768, 79K)

Were you under a rock last week?

He's a big guy

Why does he wear the battery?

I think only classic Darkwing and Quackerjack had their original VAs

It was pretty good. Can't wait for some DW Launchpad episodes.

If I take that thing off, will it shock you?

>If I take that thing off, will it you die?
>It would be extremely shocking.
>You're a big guy!
>For you.

When you think about it, DW having a secret identity in the original show was barely used for anything other than just being the obligatory superhero trope. The only moment it was ever used for an important bit was in the Boom comic and even then it made no sense Negaduck didn't know Drake's identity considering he is him from another dimension and literally lived on the same house in the negaverse.

Plus, only Launchpad and at worst Scrooge and Dewey really know Drake is DW, while everyone else will just assume its some guy fighting crime dressed as a forgotten tv show.

Continuity was always iffy in the original show, but I think I remember that Darkwing originally had no secret identity and came up with the Drake Mallard one just so give Gosalyn some semblance of a normal family life. At least before they started referencing it in flashbacks, like the time he and Megavolt were in high school together.

Originally it seemed the identity of Drake was something DW made up for Gosalyn but yeah, the highschool reunion episode flips it all upside down because it states Drake was once a normal high school kid and he invented his DW persona there.

Tad Stones has been very clear that he never intended to have much continuity in the show and the constant rewriting of DW's origins to fit the episode worked better because it spoofed the superhero trend to rebooting and retconing themselves constantly.

The in-show trailer, or the episode, because I loved both.
And also the twist at the end.