BLACK WIDOW Film Will Take Place Between "Captain America: Civil War" And "Avengers: Infinity War"

mcuexchange.com/rumor-black-widow-film-post-civil-war/

Attached: Black Widow.jpg (3000x2000, 883K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107444588/#107444588
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107275383/#107275383
youtube.com/watch?v=tAzm2hH349A
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6968365/Halle-Berry-reveals-broke-three-ribs-working-new-action-film-John-Wick-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It will be after Endgame, i swear!

Attached: 1557699095094.png (394x490, 243K)

Who said that? It's long been confirmed to be a prequel.

Boring

so what retcon are they gonna sneak in this time?

>Not in the early 2000s
How sad and disappointing

Attached: 64DDD56E-951D-4439-841D-9DDCF18A6373.png (659x1280, 622K)

That seems needlessly complicated is it not? Why such an odd place in the timeline?

>Not Budapest
Disappointed.

To introduce the MCU's new Black Widow.

Attached: Florence Pugh.jpg (670x402, 213K)

I'd rather get Spider-Woman

You won't.

>Rumor
Into the trash

What a terrible idea.

It's not that either, it's a midquel, it's even dumber than a prequel.

Seems like the case

Attached: BlackWidow-cast.jpg (1285x612, 203K)

Nobody ever claimed that, people thought it would be a origin type story before any of the movies took place.

LOL what's even the point, it's gonna be another Solo fiasco but worse.

How would they quip about 9/11?

Maybe they are doing fillers until 2023 actually rolls around.

This

Wouldn't it have been better to release this before she died?

It’s prequels like these that have always made me averse to them. What exactly is gonna be shown in this film that contributes to the overall narrative of the story? If it was her early history, before the first Avengers film and all that, then yeah I’d still be disinterested but at least it would be providing some visual backstory to a character that is currently lacking one.

As it stands, all this seems like it’s gonna be is a filler movie, an excuse to make something new with Scarlett’s Johansson because they won’t undo her death in Endgame probably because China has some kind of fucked rule against literal resurrection.

ScarJo is just getting too old to jump around in leather outfits without CGI makeup.

>China has some kind of fucked rule against literal resurrection
???
Do you think the Hulk snap doesn't count?

The reason is just because they wanted to have some narrative stakes.

Not sure if China actually does have a rule against showing resurrection, just wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Russos could’ve easily handwaved those that got dusted as not technically dying, just turning into dust to get past China’s BS. Kinda like how they’re not actually traveling back in time, they’re just going to alternate realities in different points of time.

TO GET CANON STEVE X SHARON !!

>After Winter Soldier so all of Natasha's bad deeds would be public knowledge

>After Civil War so she no longer has any government connections to protect her.

My best guess.

I think that no matter what we’ll see glimpses of the stuff that’ll matter in the current phase as well as getting a story focused on one of the most popular characters that hasn’t gotten one yet. Plus nothing needs to “matter”, stuff can just be a good movie.

She's gets some leverage on the government and uses it to get Clint and Scott back with their families

I like the idea of a james bond kinda movie with Black Widow. I hope that's what they're going for here.

They could have gone with Monica Chang in that case.

So why didn't they just make this movie between Civil War and Infinity War?

They got spider-man

They'll probably use it to set up some other stuff that will appear in movies or mini-series later.

>Budapest
I guess it would be mentioned in the flashback.

There's no possible way they can pimp up Johannson enough to make her looks two decades younger.

Will Cap be in it?

Technically he's not Cap between Civil War and Infinity War.

Attached: tumblr_phweekopC31rwf9n3o1_540.png (538x810, 652K)

Because Endgame killed her off and added a timeskip and they kept putting the movie off and off until now they can't do it without making it that way.

Cause they did Doctor Strange, Spiderman Guardians 2 and Thor Ragnarok instead.

Absolutely, but they kept fucking around and putting it off so now they have no choice.

I feel like they probably don't even want to do it, because they'd rather push other female characters and Johanson aged out of the cute young redhead look faster than they expected.

This is just shutting everyone up who demanded it by giving her one movie, that's also probably gonna be mostly setting up her replacement.

Remember the whole reason they added Widow is because she was a female character they could just throw into the Avengers without having much of an origin beyond "works for Shield"

Any re/co/mmendations for Black Widow?

Well, and it was so easy adding her on Iron Man 2.

god, civil war black widow was the best.

Lame. I was hoping for it to be Pre-Avengers heartless assassin Widow.

Character wise Winter Soldier was peak Black Widow

I'm talking about looks, I mean look at that hair.

I wanted it to take place during the 5 year time skip during endgame.
This is even worse, wont even be an early 2000's film.
Or even when she was kgb.
All three possibilities lost.

It would have made the most sense to set it during the five year endgame timeskip.

Not just thematically but also... to be honest she doesn't look like she did when she was Winter Soldier/Civil War Widow.

She still looks great but, she's 34. No one escapes it, not even her. She just doesn't look like thst anymore.

So what's the point

Who are you quoting?

Time travel movies exist in China. Only those involving Chinese history and or changing the future for socio political reasons get banned

With enough dedication in the gym she can do mommykino in tight leather for ages

Attached: 07-robin-wright-473.2x.jpg (1283x854, 83K)

Honestly, it should be placed between Infinity War and Endgame. It's not like crime, and villains stopped in those 5 years between films. Be nice to see what character development she underwent, and possibly how it ties to wanting to redeem Clint after his fall.

Sidenote, but I wonder if we'll get any films to take place in the 5 year gap.

sad that Disney is China's bitch now

>She still looks great but, she's 34
If she's 34 she doesn't look great for Hollywood. Jesus fuck, I thought she was older than that by a fair bit.

It's just 90 minutes of Natasha's body lying at the bottom of that pit.

What's even the purpose of this movie?

What film is this image from? AoU?

>Nobody ever claimed that
EVERYBODY HERE.

what's the point of any movie

This. Plus this means we can get Taskmaster in the present day.

To annoy Perlmutter.

Should've been during the 5 year time skip, would've given audiences an in depth look at the post snap world, something people actually want to see

Since fucking when? Were you the one pushing this, then turning around to claim everyone else did? It was always meant to be a prequel and people theorized it would reference the "Budapest" mission, which can't happen if it isn't a prequel.

This is good speculation and makes sense, since the upcoming movies seem to be either prequels or movies like Black Widow's. Of course there's also that GOTG3 thing but they've always been separate from the rest of the MCU.

>Splashes of Gritty Realistic Yellow™ in the costume
>V-shape going down the torso
>Piece of cloth hanging from the neck
Was this their attempt at the Nomad costume?

Attached: Nomad.jpg (412x678, 144K)

Watching a movie where nothing bad can happen to the protagonist because she has to survive to die in an earlier movie sure will have people in the edge of their seat.

So I'm guessing there's no point to any of these sequels, since they all require the hero to survive the day so they can be in future ones.

You say, not even a month after the most popular character in the franchise died in the last movie.

It doesn't matter, all these movies work on the principle that there's "no stakes" because you know the heroes will survive. Like you need to suspend your disbelief while watching Infinity War, because you know they won't kill Spider-Man for real nor any of the new heroes recently introduced. That's definitely not why people watch those.

Money

>It sure sucks that there are no stakes in this movie
>There aren't in any of these
>The last one just killed off major characters
>It doesn't matter
Ok buddy.

Again I don't watch these movies expecting any of them to die, I expect them to survive. It's the stories that matter to me.

>ScarJo is just getting too old to jump around in leather outfits
Has she ever done her own stunts in these movies?

Flat like Brie Larson
Good luck with that Disney

"Will the hero survive or not" isn't really a question that comes to my mind that often when I'm watching movies, unless if it's a slasher flick.

Almost everyone here was saying it was going to be about Yelena or a Scarjo clone.
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107444588/#107444588
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/107275383/#107275383

jealous is a bitch

Attached: eas.jpg (227x222, 9K)

That's because it's supposed to set up a younger Yelena (according to the rumors) so she can be older in upcoming movies, not that it was going to be in the present.

only a few scenes, she trains the fight scenes but at the moment the marvel producers do not let her do most of the scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=tAzm2hH349A

I guess. Cowards.

Attached: a90cdb7a967c5a76b1392c95311abcb5.png (500x416, 540K)

I think that's the rule for most actors due to the health hazards a lot of stunts represent. Even the whole "Tom Cruise does his own stunts" meme isn't true for the most part, he has stuntedmen for every movie just like everyone else.

The problem with Disney is that they do not know that in comics women have to be 10/10 as the men
Phase 4 will be the biggest disaster of this studio, just look at the cast of future movies
is very similar to the female cast of Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Attached: unnamed-3.jpg (697x308, 25K)

We could have had tasteful tiddy out.

Attached: DDetNJJUwAMFZLN.jpg (640x959, 75K)

Fuck off with this Yea Forums bullshit.

>Who said that? It's long been confirmed to be a prequel.
ScarJo is now like a decade older than she was when she was introduced in the MCU....my eyeballs are going to have a hard time believing this is supposed to be a prequel

You watch John Wick 3?
Halle Berry did not use stunts and broke 3 ribs

>Halle Berry reveals she broke three ribs while working on new action film John Wick 3: 'It's like a badge of honor'

>dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6968365/Halle-Berry-reveals-broke-three-ribs-working-new-action-film-John-Wick-3.html

Damn, that's irresponsible. THEN AGAIN, the John Wick movies are made by mostly stunts, which is basically why every other scene is choreographed. I guess they got overconfident with their talent.

What bullshit?
I just said that Disney has the same politics as Kathleen Kennedy
Not having more beautiful women in the movies
If you change Scarjo, put one with charisma and the same beauty
Florence Pugh is flat as a door

Attached: scarjo.webm (550x720, 332K)

They could AT LEAST have Corvus Glaive rip the V into Cap's costume, that perfectly good fanservice they're passing up here.

Attached: new-york-special-screening-for-mgms-fighting-with-my-family-featuring-saraya-bevis-florence-pugh-ste (1300x1002, 202K)

Stephen Merchant looks like he's about to crawl out of this photo and eat my eyes.

This is just so needlessly stupid and convoluted

Attached: i am out.gif (220x158, 105K)

As long as it's not a boring ass origins story I'm fine with this. If it's set between Civil War and Infinity War hopefully we'll get to see Nat being on the run doing a Jason Bourne type of thing which could be quite fun.

We don't want them queercoded villains now. We have Joe Russo the Gay.

You sound like the faggot obsessed with leotards, leave.

I’m sure you could though, same with Kurt Russell

Attached: FCAC1A8A-B3A7-4FC6-ACB1-2EA6CC3DD3C4.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

She'll be a clone of Peter

Not if you're a brainlet.

Eh, they did it ok in Age of Ultron.

Attached: age_ultron_movie_screencaps.com_5918.jpg (1400x586, 60K)