SU

was she evil?

Attached: CA5DD34C-4ABC-4277-BB3C-85CA3F564C1D.png (1500x2700, 161K)

No, just incredibly stupid

No. Evil implies malice and Pink was immature, dense and selfish but never actively malicious.

No, she's just incompetent.

She was literally Lucifer

She's a deitic child who couldn't get through to her family and was punished for both being a child and for her playful, caring nature. The only escape she could see was to run away.

i got that reference

What's the reference?

I've always heard it was stupid for Rose to be pink diamond but never heard why, can someone give me a rundown?

It's not stupid, it just destroys thousands of potential plotlines.

This.

Attached: literally Lucifer.png (1500x2700, 564K)

it was hinted since long ago, many fans started theorizing about it and since it became such a common headcanon and thanks to the long hiatuses, when the bomb dropped almost no one was impressed.

We saw it as the obvious twist.

Heed the Prophet!

Attached: 1558226073088.png (1366x5488, 2.02M)

OMG I saw dis post on /r/scarythings 0.o soooooo deep mayb Yea Forums iz cool after all ^.=

for years Yea Forums shat on anyone who brought up RQ=PD and relentlessly made fun of them, and now that it happened they're all saying they knew it all along. not the first time I've witnessed this. 'tis human nature.

Attached: obitobi-d5ayu2n-b08d8d7a-124c-4566-91ad-4b3640e9416d.jpg (640x391, 204K)

Some thought it was the case early, but as the show continued on it seemed less and less likely just based on how gems worked, the changing art styles, and the fact we barely received any information on the whole situation. So much emphasis was put on the ethics of 'the shattering for a just cause thing' that everyone was anticipating a hard resolution that Steven really had no way out of. As it seemed less likely people got made fun of and/or shit posted about it. But then the Diamond thing happened and Steven got a discount conflict pass because of family.

Chaotic Neutral

Weak bait, try harder

>Naruto
>'tis
A post steeped in faggotry

I watched all of SU a few months ago, and the Pink Diamond reveal genuinely shocked me.

I don't think it's possible to write a surprising twist when you give the audience 5 years to think about it.

Attached: lapis.png (443x474, 116K)

>I don't think it's possible to write a surprising twist when you give the audience 5 years to think about it.
You can do it if the clues directly contradict the twist.

We saw Pink Diamond's gemstone, and it looked completely different from Rose Quartz's gemstone. That was enough to disprove the "shapeshifted disguise" twist, until it ended up happening anyway. The show says that she just rotated it so a different facet was showing, but they don't actually look like the same gem from different angles, and in the scenes that depict the switch you can see it actually change its size and shape while it rotates.

Not evil, just extremely naive and didn't think her plan through properly. In her defense, she only went as far as she did because the Diamonds didn't even bother listening to her

Attached: Poor little Pearl.jpg (2048x1448, 272K)

I dunno but I want to fuck her tight gem pussy

Can I know who is the artist?

could someone please fix the aliasing in OPs picture?

She just wanted freedom and to be free of diamond responsibilities. So her bright idea was to pull a Palpatine by starting a war where she was in control of both sides.
Hoping nobody would get hurt, in a war. Faking her own death and not thinking the diamonds would basically retaliate by nuking.

Attached: 1526731368034.jpg (1356x1500, 165K)

yes. she is evil.

Attached: 13052726.jpg (550x754, 108K)

>Rose wasn't evil she just was next level dumb

I mean, you're right

I'm gonna fuck Pink, Blue, White and Yellow
in that order

t. Greg

>her silly outfit
So she was pretty much the royal jester of the Diamonds right? Like you had White the royal matriarch, Yellow the military general, Blue the robed mystic. It’s a literal medieval royal court pretty much.

Yeah pretty much. They mentioned in Familiar that her original job was just to throw parties celebrating the other Diamonds’ achievements. Her getting a colony was because she wouldn’t stop pestering them about it.

>They mentioned in Familiar that her original job was just to throw parties celebrating the other Diamonds’ achievements
This just spells it out that she was a defective Diamond.

It was dumb because we lost two characters and two mysteries to a relatively uninteresting conclusion.

An evil bitch would have had intelligent plans, but her first mistake was making a Rose Quartz stand in to voice her opinions when she's just going to fight against Homeworld anyway, go all the way pussy.

saved

Not really, just immature and a bit dumb and ditzy.
Here’s a few things:
>the entire purpose of pearl rebelling was to prove that she can be more than just some mindless drone, but since RQ is pink she still ends up being exactly that, making the thousands of years of her doing whatever in the end pointless
>people had months and years to speculate due to the erratic schedule, so when the reveal happened no one was too shocked unless people just started watching it
>the completely retarded yet unsurprising way the conflict was settled
>it shows the true nature of rose and shatters what mysticism she may have had, pretty much destroying both rose and pink
I’m probably wrong with some of this, but that is the general reason why people thought that was stupid.

Not to mention that the way she turned into Rose Quartz was stupid: turning your gemstone around lets you permanently shapeshift into an entirely different Gem? Stuff like that really makes me think that Rose and Pink were never meant to be one and the same until Becky Sucrose changed her mind later in the show's development cycle.

>Everybody saw it coming and also it came out of nowhere.
Really makes you think.

I always thought she was an offcolor gem, that's why her plan was fucking retarded but functional enough to get followers

RQ=PD has been Crewniverse's plan sine 2013.
PD shapeshifting into RQ made sense, since RQ was too OP to be a quartz and diamonds would be powerful enough shapeshift for very long periods of time.

>Ruined Pearl's character
Yep.
>Super long wait time for it to just still happen despite plenty of evidence against it
Yep.
>Execution was poor and only has hype value, but if thought about for longer than a second, the consequences and ramifications of this writing decision is vastly in the negative
Yep.

>Turns Rose from Grey to White again.
Yep.

I hate it for the fact we're suppose to ignore all the gem tech that would have easily identified her gem too by the way.

a guy made a 3D model of the gem and rotated it and it totally works.