Tom King and Andy Kubert Bumped From DC Walmart Superman 100-Page Giant #11

bleedingcool.com/2019/05/18/tom-king-andy-kubert-bumped-dc-walmart-superman-100-page-giant-11/

>>>The latest Superman 100-Page Giant #11 as exclusively sold in Walmart, is missing something. The latest chapter of Up In The Sky, the original ongoing serialised story by Tom King and Andy Kubert. Instead, it is replaced by a new one-off Superman story by Steve Orlando and Will Conrad. Something from the fill-in pile perhaps? You know there’s still an unused Tom King-written, Trevor Von Eeden-drawn Black Lightning/Superman comic waiting to be published that might be perfect for this sort of thing. Anyway…

>>>It appears it was somewhat planned though. The last panel of the issue #10 Up In The Sky story teases the next chapter of the King story….the next issue page blurb mentions details of the Orlando story instead – although it doesn’t mention it will be written by Orlando. And the next issue page blurb in issue #11 does appear to tease the next chapter of the King/Kubert story in #12…

Did DC do something smart? Are they finally starting to pull back on giving King the keys to the kingdom

Attached: 6F43D2C7-F04E-4BA9-A26B-5CA66151FD14.jpg (674x898, 390K)

Attached: 6E4D1F6F-D69E-4383-8CA1-0F499B4C1BAD.jpg (674x898, 312K)

Nah. Tom King is too big now for that book.

Haha no. Tom King got bumped because of the Lois Lane incident from a few months ago.

Then why did Orlando take over? King isn’t known for Delays, so there has to be a reason

What?!!!!!!

They got rid of the guy who wrote and put a edgy Snuff comic about brutally killing Lois several times in their Walmart comic collection for casuals and kids?

What a shock!!!!

Yeah, he’s so by that his Batman book is selling less than Immortal Hulk.

Cringe fake news.

more like someone higher-up at Walmart saw the Lois Lane murder controversy and asked DC what the hell was going on.

>Are they finally starting to pull back on giving King the keys to the kingdom
I wish. But no, Didio is still in love with Tom King and his PSTD fetish. They’ll removing him from the Walmart comic doesn’t mean they are stoping him from hurting the DCU.

How is this fake news, like there is literal photographic proof that he’s not writing this months issue... now the question remains if he comes back next month or Orlando replaces him again

King-kino is too advanced for the children that peruse the racks at Wal-Mart. Bravo DC for making a statement.

>Wal-Mart knows DC's audience better than DC

Seriously what is going on with cape shit these days?

>Bat
>Cat
>Bat
>Cat
>Bat
>Cat
Yeah high caliber literature there.

It seems Saturday Morning Cartoons are more your speed. Don't forget to pick up the newest Super Sons!

I would but it's being cancelled because bendis aged up Jon.

You see, Wal-mart considers negative feedback to be bad for sales, unlike DC and marvel who think people complaining is good.

Didio. He’s gone mad with power and back to his old ways of making everything edgy and serious while also shitting on legacies and fan-favorites.

Wholesome adventures are definitely preferable to a shittier version of No Man's Land.

I mean that’s a weird comparison, Super Sons was well written especially for an all ages book

t. pedophile

Darn, And I was hoping to find out that Clark tried to kill himself as a kid!

Yeah, his Superman Run has been so terribly written and depressing... also I’m pretty sure the girl he was going into space for is dead now

Superman abandoning people in space is in character for him now. Just look at Jon.

Are you alright? You do realize that enjoying all ages books does not equate to being a pedo, hence the Name All Ages

Bibbo!

Right, I’ve missed that lovable dummy, last time we saw him was Tomasi’s Rebirth

Normally, no. In the case of Super Sons, invariably.

I’m sorry user, it seems you’ve come down with a serious case of Shit Taste

I laugh in your direction. Thank you for such amusement.

That’s good, laughter is the best way to fight your terminal disease also a good way to fight is not being a shitty troll

Did multiple writers work on these giant issues? It makes it sound like King was the sole writer.

>t. Tom King

Fuck off, Didio.

The issues are a collection of reprints with a couple new stories. King might have been the only person providing an original story while the rest were just reprints of old comics.

except for a single 12-page story per issue the rest of each book is reprints. The Superman giants have been featuring the Loeb Superman/Batman, Johns Green Lantern, and the Terrifics.

The contents of 100 Page Giant Superman are:

new Superman story exclusive to this book
Reprint of Superman/Batman by Loeb
Reprint of Green Lantern by Johns
Reprint of the Terrifics

Was King’s story any good? The Lois controversy made it sound like it was just him wanking off trauma like usual.

I'm surprised that this is still going. I guess it's actually turning a profit for Walmart and DC

>King writing Superman

I can't wait to see how hilarious this is.

I twitted that shit to Colbert. Proud about it.

Nope, the story is supposed to be about Supes saving a little girl that got abducted to somewhere in the galaxy but each issue has been Supes dicking around doing something that is not even close to saving her, one issue he had Supes racing the Flash for no reason whatsoever then at the end showed the little girl chained up

Also the story is heavily decompressed, I would say even worse than Bendis

They even expanded, it started with Superman
Batman
Justice League
Teen Titans

Now it consists of
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman (essentially the Justice League Book sans the Flash reprint)
The Flash (with previously mentioned Flash Reprint)
Titans (just retitled Teen Titans Book) Swamp Thing

Hopefully he's done at DC after Batman.

I just hope he doesn't come back to Marvel since he already has his sights on Adam Warlock.

Orlando is one of the worst writers currently employed by any industry

>Are they finally starting to pull back on giving King the keys to the kingdom
To do that is to take a step towards giving Bendis the keys.

>Reprinting a book currently running
Why?

Probably to give it a little more exposure.

I mean it helps promote it more also The Terrifics is great and deserves the extra push