Are there any Canada anons on Yea Forums? What shows did you use to watch on YTV and Teletoon?

Are there any Canada anons on Yea Forums? What shows did you use to watch on YTV and Teletoon?

Attached: YTV.jpg (517x364, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VesCicJ9elU
youtube.com/watch?v=SF1onas9q2s
youtu.be/ogVgj1pevD0
youtu.be/kCwRRkfJnRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A lot of old cartoon reruns. Yogi Bear, Touche the Turtle, plus this was about the time anime started really showing up. Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Gundam Wing, and more than one episode of Sailor Moon.

I'm that one weird Canadian who watched Teletoon and not YTV back in the day.

Needless to say, I never got into anime. (Though I did still see many of YTV's CN imports.)

Attached: 1280px-Teletoon_logo_1997.svg.png (1280x678, 103K)

I preferred YTV in the day, and Teletoon at night.

I strongly preferred Teletoon during the day, and sleeping at night.

Seriously though, I've never liked "adult" cartoons either.

Eh, some of the night cartoons where hit and misses. Cybersix, Undergrads, Clone High and Daft Planet were hits with me, but there was some fucked up shit like that show with the crippled people, I forget it's name.

Quads?

I feel bad for Canadians all of there shows are terrible and the only worthwhile Canadian production (Ed Edd n Eddy) was outsourced to the US

That's it, thanks user. Yeah, that was a fucked up show.

Rocko's Modern Life and Daria on YTV was appointment viewing on Saturday nights 1997-1999, and Home Movies on Friday.

Whatever random shitty animu aired (Fullmetal Alchemist, Witchhunter Robin, Gundam Wing, etc), ReBoot, Beast Wars (renamed to "Beasties" because we're cucks), Shadow Raiders are the ones I remember the most.
Let's not pretend YTV and the like weren't flooded with American shows anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=VesCicJ9elU

>burgers will never know the horror of leaf cartoons

the best one
youtube.com/watch?v=SF1onas9q2s

>t. never watched Fred's Head

>Monster by Mistake
>Flying Rhino Junior High
>Freaky Stories
>Cyber Chase

I really can't hate the show that had the voice of Sailor Moon as a big-titted hippy.

I recall seeing more clips on youtube of Sugar back in the day. Were they removed? There's one in particular of her and Sarah Gadon wearing form fitting Ruby Gloom shirts that I want to find for research purposes.

Attached: sugar_nqv8g5EAP31s2i1z2o1_400.jpg (298x348, 19K)

I remember a weird period (around the early to mid 2010s, I think?) where they started showing things like Futurama, America's Funniest Home Videos and Shadow Raiders reruns.

Who's up for endless reruns of the same six shows occasionally broken up by largely forgotten late 1990s/2000s-era films like Agent Cody Banks and Over the Hedge?

>Monster by Mistake
I blame this show entirely for my burning hatred of episodic comedies that pretend to have a story.

YTV: Samurai Jack, Reboot, Pokemon, Jackie Chan Adventures, Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents.
Teletoon: Megas XLR, Untalkative Bunny, Foster's Home for Imaginary Characters.

Anyone play the great games on YTV.com back in the day? I played way too much of the one where you spray the bugs coming to steal your sandwiches, but I can't remember what it was called.

I want to cum inside PJ Katie's Farm

Attached: qHhVTGKadLJcnfM-400x400-noPad.jpg (352x272, 23K)

>Sugar
God damn, I had such a crush on her as a kid.

YES
YOU
CAN ADA

Attached: Teletoon la nuit.png (726x435, 330K)

Shame it got cancelled. I thought it had great animation.

>I remember a weird period (around the early to mid 2010s, I think?) where they started showing things like America's Funniest Home Videos reruns.

Oh God that sounds awful.

Yet they made a movie about him.

Attached: 86025820180716092025.jpg (793x438, 73K)

That show was genius. It must have cost like $10 per episode to make.

And now it's back-to-back of the same movie every night.

Attached: MV5BZjE2MDYxNTctNDljZS00N2VjLTliZjMtYWQ0NDg1ZTAyYzIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg (405x375, 35K)

I wonder if someone made a pregnant Angela Anaconda and put it on /his/, would they think it's Anne Frank?

haha who would be crazy enough to try that

ignoring all the anime and reboot teletoon > YTV

Give it time, someone will.

YTV had all the Marvel shows and DCAU shows
YTV > Teletoon

fuck your gay ass capeshit teletoon had euro comics and mother fucking red wall with real fights not censored out the ass

>Settling for second-rate content based on Euro comics and novels only nerds read.
You sure showed me, pal.

>government hands out grants to artists/studios to fill federally mandated canadian content laws
>every studio that takes the money makes garbage quality cartoons
Come on you fuckers I know there's gotta be a few Canadian anons out there that are talented. Go and make the next ReBoot or Shadow Raiders.

A five-figure tax credit is not a grant.
A grant eaten away by live-action and news shows cannot supplement a cartoon
A quarter million per episode budget does not a good show make.

Is that what they're doing now? Honestly I haven't watched TV in like a year because it's all shit now. I certainly haven't checked into YTV or Teletoon. Are they even getting any modern cartoons?

It's just a tax credit? I heard you can get actual money from them too.

Whatever grants that Yea Forums told you that Canadian cartoons get were always mostly privately funded by the telecoms, which happen to own all the cable channels. Since the 2000s, with the telecoms greed and mass cord-cutting , those grant have become totally useless.

this is the show i remember the most for some reason. I rather enjoyed it at the time. Otherwise I remember rugrats, alex mac, reboot, and are you afraid of the dark.

Attached: bumpy.jpg (432x243, 37K)

I think it did start going somewhere in the lost later episodes, after they sent the villain back to where he came from and then started going there themselves for some reason.

YTV was one of the few good memories I had of being a kid. Wish I could have died in that era.

Attached: 1540706933598.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Freaky Stories was great

youtu.be/ogVgj1pevD0

Attached: 28BC445A-83C5-473B-89DB-DC96A7C8B508.jpg (432x243, 31K)

also Captain Redbeard

youtu.be/kCwRRkfJnRc

Attached: 1E566827-4042-46D6-BD35-72A415891600.jpg (400x300, 25K)

>Those episodes that were always set in some rainy 1950s/cyberpunk world

Maximum comfy.

Attached: 3c5.png (1167x879, 273K)

>Shorts of multiple different design styles
>Bookended with puppets
It truly was the anthology series we didn't know we needed.

if anyone has old YTV recordings (say 1990s-2000s ) people really want those to be captured. can find a few blocks of them on youtube and archive.org.

especially the spleeners. please make your old tapes available

also cartoon network, mtv and nickelodeon recordings are highly sought after. com central and scifi channel from the 90s too... great stuff. please share if you got em.

give your vhs to the fine people at myspleen.org/forums/

so they can archive everything. please.