Batman vs Shredder

youtube.com/watch?v=4a1xE9Yn7ng

What did you think?

Attached: 9D9C4AE2-7516-4386-BD31-14FF797556E0.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1ZsLIIvaFdE
youtu.be/qFr1kSMeBJU
youtube.com/watch?v=k2am2sE2Ems
youtube.com/watch?v=RTHdDxOKX68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Refreshing, good to see Batman lose a fight solely on being outskilled, I like how Batman wanted that rematch and made a teenage mutant fight some 500+ year old swordmaster
Also fuck this movie for not having the Turtles come from an alternate Universe

I think you should learn how to use spoiler tags.

I liked that it was an extremely close match and Shredder only just barely one, and had to pull out a "forbidden technique" in order to do so.

I think it was a pretty solid fight. Well choreographed, entertaining, and it ended like how I expected/wanted without either being made a joke. Sure, Shredder "won" but it was pretty clear it was a close race that left both men exhausted. You have to hand it to Shredder, he's a bullshit peak human fighter on par with Batman given the shit he's fought. Four super mutants who at times have cartoon physics to aid them? That's an uphill battle for anyone.

Attached: Classic Shredder.png (636x1024, 403K)

It would make sense for Batman to beat the TMNT since they have been shown to be individually weaker than Shredder while he was able to keep up with him.

I always forget how strong and skilled Shredder is supposed to be.

>foot clan
>forbidden technique
I feel like the two wouldn't mix

>good to see Batman lose a fight solely on being outskilled
>throat stab
>ki magic heart punch
Batman should be beat by a comparable opponent who's willing to go lethal. This is 100% classic Batman and Shredder declaring victory in a draw and GTFO is 100% him so I'm okay with it.

>Its a draw.
FUCK. This is like Marvel Vs. DC all over again.

Besides that, it's a well done animated fight.

What version of the Shredder is this supposed to be? '84, '90, '12?

Well, it was need Shredder be sucker punched (shelled?) by Raph in the second round to give Batman the edge in the fight. In the original crossover, Batman used an armor to even the things, if that does matter.

It was a great fight, both rounds, anyway.

>that scene at 00:50
That looks familiar - that's not from the movie was it?

youtu.be/1ZsLIIvaFdE
youtu.be/qFr1kSMeBJU
Kino

Yeah Batman and Shredder are about equal and the turtles are all weaker than them individually

Splinter should have fought Batman

It was.

Batman basically lost both times they fought though

Neat. Anything that acknowledges the first (and controversial second) TMNT live action films is pretty cool in my book.

> we will never have Shredder vs.Lady Shiva which turns into violent sparring sex on who's the dom and who's the sub.

I'm all for seeing Batman taken down a peg, but it doesn't feel earned, considering Shredders usual mortal enemies are four mutated turtles who at best have a decade of training, eat like shit, and live like lazy sacks of crap when not actively fighting or fucking around.

Bruce in his prime has that decade of experience too, years of experiance fighting enemies from Joker to Penguin to Bane and Clayface to RA'S AL fookin' GHUL. This is a man who has fought 616 Captain America on even terms in crossovers, who is more superhuman than they like to admit.

I don't hate it, I'm a Superfag (inb4) anyway, but it's entirely in service to the plot not ending right there.

If it makes you feel better pointy ears had just finished fighting an army of ninjas whether he made it look effortless or not. And he was bending metal with Shredders head. I don't know much about Shredder but he looks to be a meta and it still took everything he had to win via an emergency/special attack.

Ki is not a power. Is a consequence of years of martial training and spiritualism.

Batman being a lack luster martial artist doesn't allow him to harness ki.

This fight is in the movie trailer.

Cmon man. The turtles are always bullshit OP. Give Shredder some credit.

Great fight.
Didn't make either character weak.
Shredder is one of the greatest fighters in the TMNT series - tied for top 3 with Hamato and Splinter
Batman is arguably top 3 to top 5, depending if we include metas

Shredder isn't a meta but he's close to perfection and happily uses magic and technology to push himself further

As much as I love Batman, it was great to see him actually be on the defensive for once. He only fought Shredder twice and there was no scene showing him trying to analyze him outside of a shitty five second "let ancient ninjutsu fighting style".

If he had more time, sure he'd have come up with anti-Shredder drugs or some shit or did what he did in the comic.

It's also going to have a part 2 and possibly 3

So Shredder is stronger than The Demon himself?

Precisely why most people don't watch trailers these days. The title is plenty to know if you want to watch it.

too much bullshit to make Batman not lose too badly
Several times in the fight Shredder's blades make slashing contact with Batman without slicing him
Shredder's throat finger punch somehow doesn't crush Bruce's throat
Batman for some reason thinks it's a good idea to jump some distance right into a waiting enemy that's clearly not incapacitated and will still be able to react

Am I the only one distracted by the floaty moments in the animation?

I liked how they nerfed the turtles laughably

Batman vs turtles was sad

First thing's first
Rest in peace to Uncle Phil.

Attached: 716.gif (500x381, 930K)

Why didn't they get Scottie Ray to voice Shredder? Regardless, good fight.

>too much bullshit to make Batman not lose too badly
>Several times in the fight Shredder's blades make slashing contact with Batman without slicing him
>Shredder's throat finger punch somehow doesn't crush Bruce's throat
>Batman for some reason thinks it's a good idea to jump some distance right into a waiting enemy that's clearly not incapacitated and will still be able to react
all of these.
>Am I the only one distracted by the floaty moments in the animation?
this too.
>Why didn't they get Scottie Ray to voice Shredder?
I don't know who that is but, sure, this too.
Shredder's voice was trash.

Surprisingly decent animation

and the homage to the 1990 movie is sweet

Holy fuck, I didn't know there was blood in this movie given the art style and the fact that TMNT has a Nick show

*Scott Rayow. The voice of Shredder in the 2003 cartoon.

Oh fuck yes that slow motion drop Shredder did at the start
TMNT'90 was a fucking masterpiece

It was disappointing that they didn't use Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamil and they went with some knockoff VA guy instead who sounds like he's doing a bad impression of them.

KYS boomershit

Instead of 2 old fucks doing tired versions of the voices, you have one Jack of all trades doing both voices perfectly. Yes, perfectly.

I mean to be fair Batman probably could’ve won if Shredder hadn’t used his secret ninja technique

NANI!?

Attached: W-WHAT.jpg (1907x1013, 61K)

What kind of argument is that?

Troy Baker does a better Batman than I remember

RIP

Killed his own minion, lets Batman live

Finally an actual fight that leaves characters tired and exhausted as they should be.
Shredder got some major points here, it wasn’t one sided and showed how far they’re willing to take it.

user they were pretty evenly matched. It could have gone either way.

Batma should never ever have any trouble with any incarnation of Shredder. This is fanwak bullshit.

Looks like Shredder had multiple chances to fuck Batman up with his wrist blades on Batman's calves and back, but never did for some reason

The only bias here is you, Batfag. This was a fair matchup and outcome.

I never really got the impression that the turtles were really that much more physically capable than a really well trained person. It never looked like being a mutant turtle really gave them any special advantages.

Except the Michael Bay ones who were 8 feet tall and could lift tanks.

God I hate fence-sitters like you

It's not the same hearing someone else voice him.

They've fought mutants, aliens, extra-dimensional aliens, robots, future shit, magic, and every type of martial artist that could exist. I'm willing to cut the turtles some slack
What the fuck are you on about, faggot? I'm willing to give any character credit, or adamantly defend who should win in certain circumstances. However THIS fight is pretty much a coin toss.

This is why power level arguments are fucking stupid, because of butthurt fanboys and not getting the writer rule

Batman can handle superfast superhumans with his skills. Shredder has trouble with out of shape, half trained turtles. It's not the fucking same.

You know him fighting Speedsters is fucking bullshit unless there's prep time involved. Don't bother posting that retarded King shit with Catwoman

Yea but I take that as them being very good martial artists with weapons. Batman does the same and he is not superpowered.

>Bothsame bullshit again

wow you are so smart and intelectual too, Tell us about your opinions on South PArk and how it amazing lampoons both liberals and conservatives by being super smart and intellectual just like you.

Attached: 408.jpg (770x1024, 78K)

The fucked up thing is that batman TOTALLY KNOWS the Vibrating Palm Technique

Attached: 1251138390678.jpg (800x1191, 353K)

Attached: 1251138437128.jpg (800x1223, 302K)

Instead of copying what better actors have already done, why not just come up with a new take on the character and make the performance feel like their own?

Stop being a fucking baby. Also South Park is trash. Use some common sense for fuck sake. Under different circumstances Batman could have done way better. Or are you too stupid to get how this is all ultimately up to the writer? It's the same shit when characters are written out of their solo books.

Brutality

Attached: finisher.webm (720x400, 1.83M)

Batman mastered 127 martial art styles. Shredder is kind of good at 1, but still gets slapped around by sloppy teens. This is a bullshit nostalgiawank only

>Salty Batfags have now entered the thread

And he's mastered almost every field of science
And speaks almost every language
And only needs 2 hours of sleep
And can blah blah blah blah fucking blah

Do you hear yourself? You're part of the reason why Batman is on the decline. Batman is an amazing hero who can do almost impossible things, but jesus christ dial it back a bit.

>Batman mastered 127 martial art styles.

Meaningless, you could master 5 styles and be just as effective, the rest of the 122 styles would be utterly redundant.

Attached: whyboner.jpg (1913x1011, 61K)

Finish him

Attached: finisher3.webm (720x400, 1.82M)

Ending wasn't great but I liked the rest of their fight.

Attached: 201.jpg (668x1023, 191K)

Attached: 202.jpg (672x1023, 147K)

Bullshit

not sure why a nut kick worked when he's been alive for so long he's probably trained his nuts by that point.

Attached: finisher4.webm (720x400, 1.94M)

Attached: 203.jpg (668x1023, 150K)

Bruce Lee said "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

Instead of being a jack-of-all trades and knowing a bunch of styles better than most people, it's better to be grandmaster level fighter at a few styles where you're better than anybody.

Broke every bone in his hand.

When I saw this I thought he cut his arm off, I had to rewatch this to see he used his leg.

Attached: 204.jpg (665x1023, 178K)

Batman isn't even top fighter of his own universe. Lady Shiva and Karate Kid are examples.

The Shaolin monks refused to train him in their ball defense techniques.

Batman has nothing to fear from shitty ninja that cannot handle pizza teens

>"Wowie zowie! Riiiiiiiiight in my Lazarus pit!"

Bane sure loves to bring up the fact that he broke Batman's bat that one time.

That was genuinely fucking awesome.

>it's a fucking turtle

I thought Bane was supposed to be smart

I thought this would be more kid friendly

Attached: sliced.webm (720x400, 1.63M)

You ever read a TMNT comic? They're surprisingly violent

Fighter ranks are bullshit anyways, the 'top fighter' isn't an absolute position, people who get that title get beaten by people below their station all the time.

YOOOOOOOOO

YOOOO HOLY SHIT HE DEAD

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-18 co - Batman vs Shredder - Comics Cartoons - 4chan.png (576x273, 112K)

What comic is this from?

He got

S H R E D D E D

Batman gets lucky 2 times lel

youtube.com/watch?v=k2am2sE2Ems

>Batman folds his pizza
Based.

Good to see it's not the same insufferable Batwank that was in the comic.

Mutant ninjas cracked me up. Imaine you're training the coolest ninja doing ninja shit, and then you're transformed into a pigeon.
Now imagine you're clan's quartermaster and has to order a giant Ninja mask that could fit a T-rex

Attached: Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.2019.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.webm (540x270, 2.92M)

He was all hopped up on mutigen.

It doesn't even effect brain functions or personality unless it's jokerized, which it wasn't

The fact that they made it a deliberate point to show him doing that was great. OF COURSE Batman folds his pizza to keep the grease from dripping. It's the most efficient way to eat pizza.

Attached: Baki Dorian.jpg (754x1200, 94K)

Attached: Baki Dorian 2.jpg (728x1158, 199K)

After watching this, missed opportunity for the Turtles to run into Killer Croc at Arkham and assume he's another mutant.

I MISS YOU UNCLE PHIL!

I was vacationing in Disney World when the news hit that he died and it bummed me out my whole trip. He was the best.

might be one of the best animated movies i ever seen

>Batman mastered 127 martial art styles.

A true master isn't the person who practiced 1000 moves, but the person who practiced one move 1000 times.

>Shredder's landing
Kino and I bet most of you zoomers didn't even catch the reference.
youtube.com/watch?v=RTHdDxOKX68

>Shredder does the live action movie land
Nice touch. The animation is a bit dodgy, but I can dig seeing Bruce not just sweep up Saki and instead lose.

>Handle 4 mutated turtles that were all taught and trained their entire lives by one of the most competent fighters on earth, and can actually go toe to toe with their master
>Somehow this isn't enough

this movie looks like shit. i hate when movies without a budget try to go for a super serious aesthetic. never works.

Since when are the Turtles superpowers? And if they are, how does that not make Shredder impressive?

Yeah, the animation is definitely an issue here. The whole fight felt choppy, even Shredder's landing.

This movies shouldn't have Joker in it at all. It should've been just Shredder and Rah's.

That's some pretty solid fight choreography right there. Is the whole movie worth a watch if you're not into TMNT?

I don't like Shredder's voice. It's too high pitched.

How the fuck do you fail this hard to make your point. Shredder constantly fights 4 characters who are clearly superhuman and Batman struggles against base humans. That is literally your post.

How the fuck do you see a Batman/TMNT movie and pretend Batman fighting Shredder at some point is spoiler material?

Why do Batfags get so mad at him losing? He should lose to most metahumans, easily even. I don't know why they want him to be this Gary Stu prep god who can beat up anyone and is the smartest guy on Earth. Him being a "peak human" is nonsense too and makes the term meaningless

it's one of the most fun superhero movies in years

How the fuck does Bruce Lee manage to be so quotable by mostly saying platitudes?

Attached: PoSAiQ5.png (728x634, 440K)

Batman fans acknowledge his limitations
Batfags, like all characterfags, hate their stars in negative light. I think it's a self insert thing

>the woman is the most powerful
>you can tell from the way none of the men are concerned with protecting her
This might be bullshit but this is a nice piece of instant detective work.

>Nerfing Bane

That will never not irritate me.

Neato.

Because it uses your hands carlos.jpg

>Batman says cowabunga
>But it makes sense since its unexpected in character and successfully distracts the Shredder
Pretty neat desu

Attached: 1466408753700.gif (400x323, 993K)

I can't get past everything this movie did wrong to actually enjoy it whatsoever.
I mean for god's sake, light-blue costume batman? who thinks that's okay?

So you hate that entire era of Batman?

what is this huge arms tiny legs bullshit image

I suppose it's the time frame. Silver age Batman intersects around the time the turtles blew up

Most people with taste.

Attached: 3a5f5a3b830ff6350314d1a613292186.jpg (900x563, 52K)

This is essentially 90's movie shredder, but his color scheme is Mirage comics.

silver age batman should be campy batman, and he should be paired with the 90s cartoon turtles.

current era batman should be a serious edgelord and he should be paired with OG mirage comics turtles.

Shredder may have gotten the last hit but their first fight is clearly a draw as Shredder did not have enough energy to finish the job and bolted. The whole "next time" is just him saving face over almost losing.

lmao at all the retards saying this was a good fight. shredder got rekt and somehow his final blow was so ultimate it ruined batman. this fight is still batwank.

>it's a bad fight because it makes a character I don't like look good
It's a good fight because of the choreography, fast pace, and the blows having weight to them.

It is. Kids love violence, they're savages. You know when you were young you watched shit way worse while giggling in your seat

it's literally the third comment

cool

which is not the case in this fight

I was born in 1985 and I didn't catch the reference because I haven't watched any of the live action TMNT movies in 20+ years.

Attached: 1554966462559.gif (220x220, 184K)

>doesn't feel earned
Go fuck yourself. Oroku Saki is tough as shit

I liked. Yes, Batman lose because is just the first fight, but is good the same.

I love how he kept his other hand behind his back and fought one-armed for pretty much no reason other than just be a smug show off, and make a point about how severely he outclassed the turtles.

They also put some tiny details to make the deaths of those unnamed disposable security guards a bit more sad. One of the men who got killed had a wedding ring, while another was drinking from a mug with the text "Gotham's best dad".

Wasn't that more of a Bronze Age Batman costume? From somewhere between Joker's Five-way-revenge and Death in the Family (which got referenced briefly)? I got serious Neal Adams/Jim Aparo vibes from Batman's appearance, and I thought it was nice to see that costume for a change. They usually seem to be going to the extremes; either campy Silver Age stuff or modern tacticool costumes. But this one was from between them.

>Bronze Age
>cape has realistic proportions
>no Kelly ears
IT'S SHIT! SHIT!

Attached: 7AvpEdg.jpg (1784x1181, 518K)

>They also put some tiny details to make the deaths of those unnamed disposable security guards a bit more sad. One of the men who got killed had a wedding ring, while another was drinking from a mug with the text "Gotham's best dad".
Oh what? I didn’t see any of that! Sad AF man.
Then again, Gotham is one literal hell of a place to live in. Realistically no one would want to live in Gotham.

Both of those shots were pretty brief.
These guys didn't just move to Gotham; they also chose to work as security guards on Arkham. Seems like a terrible, terrible decision, and I don't know why anyone would be willing to work there.

Attached: 547.jpg (1265x1426, 304K)

Maybe its like an embassy thing? Where the more dangerous the place is the more pay you’ll get?
Job opportunities in Gotham maybe slim too.

Worst fight of the arc. Dorian is a fucking super strong monster throughout the arc, constantly trolling guys and he ends up beaten in a brawl because Doppo predicts him perfectly despite not knowing half the shit Dorian can do since he'd never seen him fight. I love Doppo in most things but this was an absolute underselling of Dorian when he was meant to be somewhere in the realms of Retsu and Retsu was way stronger than Doppo at the Maximum Tournament.

>90s batman outfit
>in a crossover between a 90s franchise

It's the little things.

Batsuit gives him some protection

Apparently this Batman used to wear the Bob Kane suit in the past

Attached: btmnstsmdn.jpg (1280x718, 82K)

Turtles have limited superstrength

Yes, he knows more styles, for any situation. But Shredder dedicated his whole life to his style.

Yes. The movie just acts as if the TMNT are a yet another team of metahumans in the DC universe.

Bronze Age Batman

If Shredder could do that shit, why were they even for most of the fight?

The choreography was stiff and confusing, but almost all DC, Marvel and TMNT fights are trash.
I did not like how Shredder got beaten up the most because he could take it, but Batman gets trashed by a few "sucker punches".

I rolled my eyes and laughed when Shredder said "Next time I will not be so merciful" uh huh, cute words for "I'm not risking my life anymore". Especially cute how he wanted to leave, but Batman grappling hooking him pissed him off and convinced him to stay.

I found the blood out of place considering how tame everything looks. Very pale DULL colors, very crappy line art and very boring choreography and lack of energy and creativity. The voice actors especially had no personality to them.

I've seen kids shows with far far far far far more energy, attitude, creativity than this pathetic wannabe fight.
Shredder was back to his live action self and 86 self as another elite henchman rather than a full blown villain with an ego.

2000s Shredder, Vilgax, Slade and most of these types of villains have an ego and power to match. They're very punishing enemies that do not think of retreating. Shredder felt like a Lieutenant again, rather than the big bad boss.

Hamill said he wouldn't do Joker anymore. The impression is also fairly good aside from the laugh. Quinn's voice was WAY more grating but I'm glad she was old school Quinn and not MUH DEADPOOL.

Almost forgot, the best example of the personality of this fight is 2:20 where they take the opportunity to rest.
It tries to mimic a realistic fight complete with the Judo techniques, but without any personality and real spectacle in it.

It's both cheesily unrealistic and realistic at the same time. Shredder takes more blunt blows cause he's wearing armor and Batman loses from a few hits cause Shredder knows where to hit.

If it was this motherfucker then he would have murdered everyone. This guy was a physical powerhouse and a massive "can't touch me" sort of villain.

Attached: 3275305476_b0acc16ced.jpg (401x500, 39K)

>shredder regularly fights 4 metas at once and keeps up
>batman regularly fights humans and keeps up
> batman should beat shredder

Nah its clear you're a batfag