Western animation hate thread

Goddamn I hate western animation they're so lazy so boring and they make bland shows with forced agendas and shitty stories.

Attached: Disney-Gargoyles-Reawakening-xanatos-watches-clan-closeup.png (350x263, 135K)

>disney
That's where your problem is.

I bet you hate based Adi Shankar as well.

his dredd miniseries cartoon was really poor at times

Okay I guess

It’s not all bad Yea Forums bro. We have a few winners every now and again.

>hate western animation
>come to Yea Forums anyway
You like western animation don't you user

Attached: sb.png (1280x723, 767K)

>Not kawaii uguu for me
OP is a fag, what a shock.

Attached: 1497985181442.jpg (1280x905, 246K)

Ship

But we got that too

Attached: 098A6638-04AD-43DB-83E5-188110C2E89D.gif (300x249, 2.13M)

>bland shows
>forced agendas
>shitty stories
>Gargoyles

Attached: 1421701908285.jpg (442x330, 28K)

>They’re Back loli
>Obligatory scene where your parents are guaranteed to walk in on you.
I didn’t know what to make of that back in the day. What the fuck were the animators thinking?

My ultimate wish for western animation is just for it to be taken seriously, if people looked at the story of an animated tv show with the same level of respect they would give a live-action film, I’ll be happy.
Any serious cartoon we get just hits a basic level of saturday morning cartoon, nothing more. The closest was avatar but we haven’t got another show like that since.

Attached: EB5BE0F5-EBDF-41CA-B866-A106429DC51C.jpg (500x389, 21K)

Nice 2.13 MB gif you fucking asshole
This, though some of the DCAMU works come close.

do you really act like the whole world revolves around animation?
Because I don't.

that's the joke

European animation movies are taken seriously, because they've been made seriously. It might be too late for American animation though.

I'm sure if you can scrape together $3 million you could make an animated feature in America that critics would take seriously.

Some of us are really into animation, dude.

Most critics might buy it, but the general public wouldn't.

I just want animation to have a better rep in the world of entertainment

The closest we ever got was with Ralph Bakshi in the 70s. His films were gritty and shocking and cheap, but they were hits.

Unfortunately he was pretty much the only American doing something like that and he didn't have the vision or business acumen of a Walt Disney so he couldn't establish a permanent studio he controlled.

I'd rewind the kiss again and again as a kid

Attached: Batman_TAS_DVD.png (950x1343, 1.2M)

All the fox-kids marvel shows on Jetix.

I think op is trying to pull of a xanatos gambit here.

The absolute state of American animated movies.

Attached: D57FC2A9-5114-41BC-94E4-3FC1C46D3F6A.jpg (546x1073, 672K)

CG trash should not be considered animation.

And yet it is.

Buy a cheap tablet and make your own 2D movie in your bedroom if you're so butthurt about it.

>Buy a cheap tablet and make your own 2D movie
That wouldn't be animation either

How is animation not animation when it's drawn on a tablet instead of paper?

I hate calarts and i think most 90s cartoohs are uggo.

Traditional animation is hand drawn using physical media. Paper, pencils, pens.

Why would there be such a difference between paper and digital that the latter is no longer animation?

Simple. One is real, the other is an approximation if a real thing.

How is digital animation not real?

Because it is digital.

How does that make it not real?

If you make an image on a tablet, can you take that image and hold it in your hand? Can you take that image and hang it on your wall? No, you can't, because it is information. It is a digital approximation of a real thing. If you put pencil to paper those are real things. If you put 1s and 0s together it is data.

>Can you take that image and hang it on your wall?
It's called a printer, and all animation today is digitized anyway.

You can't actually make any arguments to show why digital animation isn't real animation.

Autist

If you print a digital image it is now a physical image, ergo it is real now but was not before. Your logic is flawed.

Your logic fails to explain why digital animation isn't real.

I already did. Digital images are data, not physical things. Therefore they are not real.

You argued about a completely irrelevant metaphysical technicality.

They are completely relevant.

Stop pretending animation is only what's on TV. Problem solved.

That happens every fucking year. It's not because this board refuses to watch anything that isn't from a major studio that it doesn't exist.

How are they relevant to your original argument that digital animation doesn't qualify as animation?

This
There's tons of independent greatness available, but it appears people here only want things that are from a big corporation on tv being good and don't care about independent works

Data are real things. Being tangible isn't what defines reality.

bump

What do you think would change that? Better animation news websites? More creators releasing content straight to YouTube without an immediate expectation of advertising profit and algorithmic popularity?

Where are these mysterious amazing projects?

I would also like to know this. Where do people get serious animation news?

Better cartoon fans who don't scoff at pretty much everything. It's not a medium issue, it's an audience issue.

There's a rec chart thread in the catalog, or probably in the archive at this point.

You mean that “10’s Renaissance” nonesense that includes CG shit?

>CG shit
He's at it again, bros.
I hate the majority of 3DCG cartoons, ESPECIALLY if they're on TV since they're almost always low budget shit; that said, I'll shamelessly mainline the entire series if I like the source material i.e. Production I.G.'s works in that vein

have sex

It's all just cheap libshit propaganda now. Even if by some miracle all of that ceases we're left with people who have no fucking idea how to draw, animate or write a story. Western animation has been killed along with western culture as a whole, and it's no wonder people either drop out completely or just watch anime. Nothing short of a cataclysm followed by a merciless reconstruction can save us. Shit, even when a show does something good the hyenas will come to kill it with propaganda. ATLA turned into Korra, Star Vs went from mildly liberal to 100% subversion, nuPPG was an insult to the original, and the newest example is HSK which was lib as shit from the start but the 2nd season cranked up the shitdial to the max. What's the point of watching and becoming invested in anything when it will inevitably be ruined? I almost feel it's done on purpose,as if they're saying we can't have good things and intentionally want to defile what we grew to love.

Western Animation was never alive, i can go rewind back to fucking Felix the cat and all I see is Calarts, because thats what Western Animation is, nothing but cartoons.

Bruce Timm and based Genndy would like to have a word with you but they're the only ones