Frank Miller has never written a bad book that wasn't Holy Terror...

Frank Miller has never written a bad book that wasn't Holy Terror. Bad reviews for All-Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes again just didn't understand them.

Attached: 220px-FrankMiller_JimLee_DC's_2018PopUpShop2.jpg (220x282, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wanna know where that Sin City Western prequel he was talking about a few years ago is.

Hes a bitter rightwing retard. He can fuck off.

>All-Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes again just didn't understand them.
I understand that they were garbage.
All Star was admittedly hilarious but I am pretty sure that I wasn't supposed to think that.

>Bad reviews for All-Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes again just didn't understand them.
Neither did Frank Miller.

All-Star was amazing. Batman worked as this psychopathic anti-hero and the reversal of his and the joker's superficial affectations was a nice spin on the tired theme of he two being two sides of the same coin.

Holy Terror wasn't that bad. It was fine.

When you're so salty about a person's work that you use their beliefs as some inherent pejorative.

>He still thinks a Clinton supporter is rightwing

Holy Terror was shite and Islamophobic. The quote at the beginning was made up and defamatory toward Muhammad. The hero only fought crime so he could get buff and fight terrorists.

Batman CAN work as a psycho and I have seen several Elsewords stories that pulled it off fine but Millar went way too far and it went straight into comedic territory.

>Holy Terror was shite and Islamophobic.
That's not how you spell "based and redpilled".

it had good art

MillER not MillAR although they are both writers I deeply respect. I believe the slight ridiculousness and childishness of Batman's character was intentional considering the jokes at his expense from the other characters, him admitting he's a little crazy and Alfred's monologue.

How is spreading lies about what Muhammad said based? It's certainly redpilled but not based by any stretch of the imagination.

Buddy if you don't understand that Clinton is rightwing I think you need to take a serious step back. Just because the American "right" is a bunch of outright lunatics doesn't make her left.

Everything he said was true, though.
Miller is also based.
>"For the first time in my life I know how it feels to face an existential menace. They want us to die. All of a sudden I realize what my parents were talking about all those years. Patriotism, I now believe, isn't some sentimental, old conceit. It's self-preservation. I believe patriotism is central to a nation's survival. Ben Franklin said it: If we don't all hang together, we all hang separately."

Seething Sand Banger

>slight
My ass.
It has been a few years since I have read it but stuff like getting mad at Robin for not surviving off eating cave bats was just goofy and not in a self aware way.

Sorry the story depicts the unvarnished reality of Batman's childhood and Robin's training, bro.

Muhammad never specifically said "If you find the infidel, kill the infidel" and this line is presented as a quote.

Close enough.
>Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

>Muh Non-American Left

He ate bats and rats inn a cave by choice on a whim for seemingly no reason after his parents died and Alfred didn't think to send him to a home for very special children?
In an unvarnished reality Bruce would be on happy pills from like the age of ten.

Yup. That is true. I guess Alfred allowed it when Bruce expressed the desire to channel his angst into crime fighting?

You can't fight crime if you die of brain parasites from eating raw bats.
Alfred would try to convince him to eat some real fucking food or at least live in the woods off of berries and fire cooked game like a non-retarded survivalist.

Why does chanboards are so butthurt about jihadists ? You would think two self righteous extremist and racist death cult who kill innocent people in highly mediatized attack would understand each others ? I know chanboards are new to that whole radicalization/terrorism thing but 51 murders in 2 months is a nice debut. And to think a mere decade ago, chanboard were just a place where you discussed weeb shit, thats an impressive transformation , i mean religions are theoritically easier to transform into death cult but chanboards still managed to reach that stage. Dont worry, they ll be a whole bunch of new occasion for channers to do better than islamists ( i heard you guys are pretty fond of ethnostates)

>I know chanboards are new to that whole radicalization/terrorism thing but 51 murders in 2 months is a nice debut.
That's literally nothing.
thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Wow. This sounds like the ramblings of a crackhead.

Yeah, you got me. That aspect of the plot is a little stupid.

Frank Miller is a genius who went off the deep end after Sin City, but is slowly returning to normal. But hey, a talking head on the internet told me he's a bad man, so I guess I might as well shit on him.
Most writers/artists won't ever reach the apex of Miller's output (300) or even the raw, unpolished talent he showed near the start (Ronin).

"Normal" by our clown world standards is not actually normal.

Attached: surprise.gif (607x609, 514K)

We've yet to read Superman Year One, so I can't say for certain if he's back in the game, but even his worst output is better than 90% of the shit we have today.

Batman Year One was great. The only way it could possibly be bad is if he did nothing but tell the exact same origin story over again... but this is Frank Miller we're talking about, so I can't see him wasting his time just retelling stories in a worse way like Bendis does.

True. Worst case scenario, he'll tell a story in such a mind-bendingly insane way that it becomes a storytime of pain and we all have fun with it.

I agree. Miller is one of the few true auteurs working in comics right now. Everything he does is interesting if nothing else.

As an entertainer, the worst sin you can commit is being boring.

Whatever you say, love chunks.

I blame him for King being given enough rope to hang Batman.

Attached: DV.png (390x316, 92K)

>Just because the American "right" is still slightly functional and not a bunch of cuckolded open borders christian democrats like europe doesn't make her left
No, that would be her love for the people's republic of china.

>rightwing
>His work is left as fuck

Attached: Batman - shock.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

There's nothing bad about holy terror. It is considered bad only because comic reviewers are all left wing. They had no criticism except "All Muslims are law abiding good people, and should not be criticised".

>Superman YO announced
>suddently threads about how good Miller is

DC shills are shameless.

Hard Boiled, aside from Geof Darrow's Moebius tier art, is genuinely one of the worst comics ever written. It's completely incomprehensible.

I hate the artstyle of DKR

seething marvelcuck

You might actually just be retarded.

Come back here after youve finished tenth grade, i think i was 15 or 16 when I came around to it

Thanks for proving my point, whore.

Did All Star even end, I thought it was cancelled midway through its run

Didn't Batman cackle for like 30 pages while driving like a madman with Dick in his car or am I misremembering

>I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN
If you're misremembering, then we're having a shared delusion.

Go back to Leftypol, fucking rat

He literally said "debut". Presumably it can start a retarded cycle of killings.

Anymore retarded arguments?

>no response to this
Hilarious

>Geof Darrow

God he's so fucking good, I wish he did more comics but I can't blame him, he's too good for it honestly.

Fun fact: he did a poster for John Wick 3 but the studio said it was too violent and will never be released, nor can he show it.

Attached: shaolin_cowboy-_1-pg-06.jpg (600x905, 167K)

>muslims indiscriminately slaughter non-Muslims since the inception of Islam
>"UHHH, BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, BECAUSE THAT MIGHT CAUSE MUSLIMS TO GO FROM GENOCIDING NON-BELIEVERS TO GENOCIDING NON-BELIEVERS"

>Frank Miller has never written a bad book.
Fixed. Holy Terror is based.

Attached: 1527276352653.jpg (360x526, 48K)

>chanboards
>you guys

ASBAR is 100% meant to be a joke

Well, it's a very dramatically interesting one.

DK2´s only saving grace was the prologue with the Atom, everything else was a dumpster fire with abysmal art and Sin City rejects

lol wrong.

superman becomes redpilled via batman.

Not that guy, but I've recently read Dark Knight Returns and its art just didn't do a thing for me. Because of the 16-panel set-up, everything was too cramped and the pacing was screwy. When Miller allowed the pages room to breathe, that's when it was good.
However, I think he reached his artistic zenith with 300. Every page is worthy of a dissection and analysis, let alone the work as a whole. Miller and Varley knew what they were doing with that book.

>Darrow
>did a poster for John Wick 3 but the studio said it was too violent and will never be released, nor can he show it.

Attached: 1508809705363.jpg (503x388, 204K)

No, DKSA was garbage, ASBAR failed both as a satire/parody or a straight up comic, Holy Terror was shit, and so were the last Sin City stories he did. He's made plenty of weak and bad stuff but he's also written some of the best American comics.

I really do find it funny that people get, or got, so up in arms about Frank Miller's portrayal of Batman. I can't find it but I saw some really dumb comic talking about his take on Batman, how he thinks the super-powered heroes aren't doing enough with their powers and how he's considered a "social fascist", and it ends on this note of how horrible that is and how that "Isn't the Batman I grew up with". Of course it isn't, it's a different take on the character.

>ASBAR failed both as a satire/parody
incorrect

It's something that could've work as a one-off or something like that, but it's stretched beyond it's efectiveness and becomes boring crap with poorly written characters.

Holy Terror should have been Batman all along.

Christ, I forgot how much did I hated that donkey...

I mean even I can take out out of context quotes from that book. Especially a book written several centuries ago under a different socieconomic and cultural environment to the point the modern world is probably alien to them.
From the same chapter you have verses like:

>If you [disbelievers] seek the victory - the defeat has come to you. And if you desist [from hostilities], it is best for you; but if you return [to war], We will return, and never will you be availed by your [large] company at all, even if it should increase; and [that is] because Allah is with the believers.

Basically saying that any fight they do is in pure self defence. This verse came before your quote AND if you put it together its basically saying; "Hey we will leave each other alone, but if you betray us and attack us we will fight back and destroy you"

Hell the last line of your verse basically implies "if they cease, we will stop too."

Come back when you learn to appreciate art.

>Basically saying that any fight they do is in pure self defence.
Except the entire history of Islam has been the complete opposite.

Frank Miller?
More like Frank Redpiller!

He was cool.

Attached: elektra-lives-again-page-21.jpg (1350x1800, 654K)

Whatever you say Marveldrone

seething