Does bad writing in superhero movies bother you?

Does bad writing in superhero movies bother you?

Attached: thor.png (563x331, 22K)

What part of "Shall posses the power of thor" did she not understand?

Yes and no. I'm not expecting a masterpiece when I do see a superhero movie, but I really wish they'd tone down the unfunny as fuck jokes every two seconds. Thor Ragnarok is the worst offender here *slips over*

I realize I'm in a minority here though and audiences seem to want bad sitcom writing every two seconds. The original cut of Doctor Strange has virtually no humour and a far darker general tone with much more prominent horror elements, but test audiences absolutely hated it.

What a retard, it can do multiple things it's fucking magic

Did people not see the first Thor movie? When Odin makes the enchantment he specifically says "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

>whoever wields this hammer shall have the power of Thor
Is it that fucking hard to understand? Jesus just because you’re incapable of paying attention to a bunch of kids movies doesn’t mean it’s a plot hole you dipshit

Attached: 44E895C1-3B96-4B42-B533-E08679B04C71.jpg (845x828, 63K)

Odin's magic added a new component to it in Thor. The primary use was to help Thor until then.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, SHALL POSSESS THE POWER OF... THOR"

Inscription states two things.

1.- The power is THOR'S POWER. Not Mjolnir's power.

2.- If, however, you are worthy and lift the hammer, then you possess THOR'S POWERS, including lightning.

What Odin said, and what the hammer has written on it (which was put there by Odin) do not conflict with one another.

This also means that if someone lifts the hammer and uses Thor's powers, Thor will still have his powers because they are his. The hammer merely extends them to someone else. You could argue that maybe the power is lifted two-fold and that is why Thor doesn't appear as powerful towards the end of the fight, old school Shazam style.

I was gonna point out the unworthy Thor thing, but given that it is stupid as all fuck, I don't think its even worth it.

I thought Thor's Hammer was just a conduit in channeling Thor's power? So Cap channel the energy from Thor's will.

Why does Odin count on Thor jobbing for somebody else to use it

As I recall if Thor wanted it he could allow someone to lift the hammer in the old days.

However it may work in the movieverse. Don't really care anymore as the only characters I cared about retired from the franchise.

So wielding the hammer bestows you the power of Thor
And it amplifies Thor's innate powers.

So it basically just makes him Double Thor

>tfw too stupid for kids movies

Attached: main-qimg-b0a97b39e28fef8ac10fa775a4639edc[1].jpg (586x339, 60K)

Superhero media is at its best when its not taking itself too seriously. It just so happens that in 2019, "Not taking itself seriously" means jokes.

The original Watchmen is one of the best comics written for exactly that reason. It just happened to be written in a time when "Not taken seriously" meant cynical deconstruction. It's a cycle.

>Thor Odinson, my heir, my first-born. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer, Mjolnir. Forged in the heart of a dying star. It's power has no equal! as a weapon to destroy, or as a tool to build. It is a fit companion for a king.

No. It literally remotely drains Thor's power to work as a focus. That's why Thor became awesome after it was destroyed.

>it's incoherent bad writing so you are DUMB to see the flaws
Imagine being a Disneyslave AND and adult. Holy shit that's sad.

I HAVE A BETTER FUCKING QUESTION:

If Thor's powers are Thor's, and he doesn't need the hammer

Then what the fuck was he doing that entire time in the first movie?

They retconned it in Ragnarok, and they're complaining that they went back on the retcon. It's really not that hard to follow, I dont get why so many people cant understand it.

>They retconned it in Ragnarok
It's not a retcon. the Hammer literally channel the power of Thor. Not matter of the one who hold it.

read it again dum dum

Attached: QWcHcr3[1].jpg (620x413, 61K)

So the Mjolnir in endgame was stealing a different Thor's power? If it's a dedicated channel like that, it would have to be channeling across universal barriers.

>If it's a dedicated channel like that, it would have to be channeling across universal barriers.
Sure? Why not? In the comics, Thor can teleport across dimensions at will, why wouldn't his power be able to do that?

Ban of twitter screencap threads when?

If the stones work across universes, I don't see how Mjolnir couldn't either

Yes. That is why I don't watch superhero movies anymore unless they are animated or one offs.
Ragnarok was such a frustrating film.
I laughed a couple of times near the beginning but they couldn't tone it down for a minute and by the end I was just annoyed.

The stones work IN different universes, not ACROSS universes.

Odin took his power and sealed it within Mjolnir. He has a whole speech about it before banishing Thor.

What part of

>"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Thor has lightning power. Whoever holds it, possess the power of Thor.

I agree and I wish Strange was the horror movie you say it originally was. Is there a source?
Ragnarok is only palatable if I ignore all the bathos. Just like the GoTG movies.

THE RUSSOS HAVE A PLAN! FUCK YOU!!!

It's funny because Ragnarok was the best Thor movie because and most people hate the fuck out of Dark World when it's most likelythe most serious MCU movie period.

because it was silly*

if that basedboy pointed out some actual bad writing maybe it would.