He deserves to be in the Trinity of comic writers more than Morrison

He deserves to be in the Trinity of comic writers more than Morrison

Attached: denny o'neil.jpg (280x378, 14K)

...what trinity?

the Yea Forums meme is Moore, Morrison and Gaiman

There's no Trinity.

But he is absolutely one of the greats and is not nearly as famous as he should be.

I'm pretty sure those guys are grouped together because they're British contemporaries that had major, extremely popular and influential comics are the same time

well, I would say Moore deserves to right to be called one of the greatest comic writers of all time. Gaiman wrote one of the best comic series but basically left comics, and Morrison can be great but I don't think he can stand alongside Swamp Thing or Sandman

Why the fuck did I confuse Danny O'Neil for Butterball from Hellraiser?

there is no trinity. only a wizarding duo in moore and morrison.

That and wizardry.

Ok Yea Forums, Watchmen or sandman? Make your pick and tell us why.

I haven't read Sandman so Watchmen

I've read Watchmen so Sandman.

Sandman, by a rather large margin.

you can't compare a 12 issue limited with a 75 issue ongoing + ancillary limited series.

quit derailing the thread. O'Neil The Question or O'Neil GA/GL?

I am asking for subjective opinion.

Definitely Question.

GA/GL is more important than good
If you asked me what I'd rather read right now, Watchmen or Sandman, I would say Watchmen.

Moore, O'Neil and Miller

Artists are by default more talented than writers and more important in comics, so if you're going to mention Frank Miller, you should do an artist/writer trinity. Frank Miller, Walter Simonson, Dave Sim

>GA/GL is more important than good
nah, fuck you, it is just as good as it is important. I love The Question but GA/GL was just as good and at it's peak was better. Only fails cause of Neil Addams changing his scripts at the last moment

He looks like him in the image. Dude's skinny as fuck these days. Met him at a con last year, he was nice but you can tell his brain's starting to wander. He shittalked Neal Adams though, that was fun.

Easy

Watchmen is 12 perfect issues.
Sandman is about 25 to 33 issues worth reading and the rest is Neil padding the series out to make more money.

Gaimen's best comic work is his Miracleman run.

Neil's miracleman is good but not that good and I personally feel that after the first arc, Sandman just got better and better. That would be about 60-65 great issues and 8-10 good ones.

>Gaimen's best comic work is his Miracleman run.
which Moore did better

Heard Miracleman is returning in December this year. What are the chances that Marvel won't fuck it up again?

gaiman is still writing

Miracleman is Moore's best work.

He has many "best works" that is it hard to rank
>Miracleman
>Swamp Thing
>From Hell
>Watchmen
>Captain Britain
>V for Vendenta

etc, etc. There isn't a trinity of Yea Forums there is one single man as god. No one has approached Moore level

No he didn't.

I'm always too much of a coward to talk to these guys. Only person I talked to was Lobdell and that was totally by accident and he was talking about Freud to my boyfriend's best friend.

O'Neil is one of the greats, you can't deny this

>muh drugs
>also good guys can only be lefties lol

Way to walk into a thread and have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>also good guys can only be lefties lol
To be fair, that also applies in real life. There's an overwhelming bias towards liberal politics among health workers, social services, teachers, basically any job where your job is to help people. The only real exceptions are law enforcement which is 50:50 left and right and really high paying medical shit like surgeons, dentists, and hospital administrators which all tend to lean right, probably because most people pursue those careers for money, not to help people.

Nobody besides Wizard magazine cares about that GA/GL.
>Gaimen's best comic work is his Miracleman run.
Mr. Punch

Yeah, Linkara really cemented his position there with Lightbringer

oh man I love Breaking Bad