What's so funny about truth, justice, & the american way?

What's so funny about truth, justice, & the american way?

Attached: superman.png (1000x1000, 208K)

I liked the movie.

It’s comedy gold! America has been an echo chamber for decades now. It’s redundant irony, which is hilarious

true but i like superman anyway

>plot is about strawmen claiming that might makes right and how wrong they are
>this point is proven by Superman being more powerful than all of them

Hilarious

Well yeah user, that was the point, he was stronger and could have done it their way, but he didn't.

it resonated back in its own golden age but now...now what is the Truth but a botched biased meritocracy, Justice is only for a minority (not "minorities") and the American Way has been in a constant change ever since its inception.

Now, now we just focus on menial occurrences making our constant search of validation through faceless "peers" with shared ideals and morals and have disdain for those with the "contrary" opinion of ours.
Fuck, im just drunk, depressed, still living with my parents. Truly the height of my millennial brethren

Attached: 1557976257989.jpg (791x753, 89K)

I’m pretty sure that was the point, if they wanted a world where might made right, that would mean Superman would be in charge of everything , not them

Truth and justice are the things that make superman the greatest of all time. For some though, the American way is seen as hate, colonizing, and prejudice. But also, truth and justice are apart of that. So there is nothing funny, but something beautiful and flawed

fuck off nigger

Hey, Superman. If you care so much about the Truth why don't you start by not living a double life and gas-lightening the people around you that you supposedly care for? How about that you sanctimonious lying piece of jack-shit?

Attached: Clark Kent conflict of interest.jpg (1008x523, 214K)

Not everything is black and white you have to bend the norm to do good sometimes

Very convenient. Sounds like something Lex Luthor would say. Superman is a liar who lies to everyone he knows, some that he has known for years, and this EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HIS LIFE. Day in, and day out. He's an expert liar. A real actor. Superman wouldn't know the Truth if it bite him on his ass.

The truth is out, isn’t up to Superman to point it out

Once again, not black and white, Superman hides a facet of himself to continue to help those that he can help, lex Luthor does it to grow his ego and hide is inadequate feelings towards this “outsider” coming in and doing more than he ever possibly could imagine to help metropolis and the world. That being aid Lex corp for sure has created tech and initiatives to help the world and community but superman is a different animal in that regard. It is no black and white user it will never be.

Out what? Superman is the one living a double life. Superman is the one making people think one thing, when he's actually another, and then using and reinforcing the trust people place so that he can make his lie stronger. Superman lies to everyone that interacts with him. Be it as Superman or Clark Kent. He abuses their trust, manipulate them to strength his charade, gaslight them for his convenience, and play with their hearts. Superman's a vain, and cruel person so deluded and self-absorbed he doesn't even realize how much full of bullshit he really is and actually believe in the own lies he tell others.

Superman should be last person to harp about truth or trust.

>What's so funny
He's wearing his speedos over his tights lol.

He literally just puts on glasses, if you think wearing glasses is lying, You is sad

Superman lies to people in order to make his life more convenient. That's it. Superman wants to enjoy his anonymity, wants to have his "me" time where he can be undisturbed, where he can be "anyone". And at the same time he wants to sell the image of Kal-El, the nice and honest alien that lives in the south pole like a real Santa Claus and is here just to help, because that narrative is appealing and will make him easily more accepted. He needs a facade of legitimacy, after all, to earn everyone trust and faith. But everything is a charade, and it's all to make his life more convenient. And so he uses "truth" and "trust" in order to sustain his lies. He uses truth to sell lies.

Seeing a lotta ((them)) here lately.

Attached: moneylender.jpg (279x269, 12K)

Is it really just putting on a glasses? Or a cap? It's just you typical celebrity trying to hide his face when going to a supermarket? Is just it?

Of course, not. You know it. Superman created an elaborate lie where the world believes there's only Kal-El, more commonly known as Superman, who's always just that and can be seen flying everywhere. And then there's also Clark Kent, who's just a normal guy and who goes to work every day like everyone else. There's nothing abnormal about Mr. Kent. And everyone believe him. Why not? In both facets he tells people that he believes in truth. That he can be trusted. So why would he lie? But he does. It's all a lie. Both guys are one. And this guy lies to everyone. Who could have built a family as Clark and another as Superman, and little would actually change, and could be doable. Because he's that good of a liar. Ask Lois. He toyed with her heart for years. Both as Clark and as Superman. Gaslighted her over and over again. What a great guy.

>Truth
has become corrupted by corporations, media and government, facts are now just another tool to manipulate our perceptions.

>Justice
a man goes to jail for smoking the wrong drug, and a businessman walks free after robbing millions of people... you think justice still exists?

>the American way
was bought by businessmen and sold back to religious hypocrites in the form of bumper stickers and t-shirts.

sounds pretty funny to me.

Attached: joaquin_joker.0.jpg (1200x800, 87K)

Yes. It is just it.

Attached: 01DF49D3-B0DD-4733-9622-7977748A9E19.jpg (700x898, 41K)

Zoey doesn't live a double life. That's the difference. Is not about how he fakes his appearance. If just use glasses or puts some make up on. It's the fact that he leads a double life where every hour of every day he's constantly lying to everyone around him. So Superman should shut the fuck up about the "truth". Because he knows nothing about it. If he did he wouldn't work as a reporter and write pieces about himself.

At least Batman is aware that he's a bad person, having the decency of showing a bit of self-loathing.

You're living in a fucking dream world. I'm like, down the road on this shit man.

>the ends justify the means
I'm sure there's a superman story against that idea

Snyder was unironically right, though. Capeshit characters aren't innocent. Readers want to believe because of fanboysm and because it's all make believe, but capeshit characters are filled with tropes that are messed up as fuck. Like Superman having a double life. Not to mention the several big arcs and events with its twist and turns that eventually pile up in such a manner where a character ends up becomes a walking contradiction full of skeletons in their closet.

Again, it's just that readers don't want to read stories exploring such shit. Why make their capeshit characters look bad? Why expose the invisible elephant in the room?

The third one contradicts the other two.

>Snyder was unironically right, though.
t. edgelord

Yet he lives the double life in order to create a vehicle for him to see crime up close. In another universe, we’d be complaining about how Superman stalks for crime 24/7 like government surveillance .
Also, tell me all of the “innocent” superheroes besides Superman who are A listers

Attached: 341.jpg (682x683, 65K)

People don't believe in that ideal America anymore, making it funny that the only ones who can are fictional characters on a comic page. A succinct way of saying it would be "a fictional world only really believed in by fictional people".

Attached: 1478731695306.jpg (418x404, 108K)

Don't give me that bullshit. Superman keep the "Clark Kent" persona because he wants a semblance of normal life. You rarely see Superman using his role as a reporter to find about some crime or disaster being committed. Usually he picks distress by turning his super-senses. Or by through his contacts in the Justice League. The reporter thing is just another facet of the normal life Superman craves.

And there's hardly any innocent superhero around. If they live a double life, for any reason, they're already struck out. So Superman isn't "innocent", but the comics would want you to believe that he is. Specially those that try to make him look self-important with all this spiel about truth and justice.

Animal Man. Everyone's aware that Buddy Bake is Animal Man, and he uses his celebrity status as a superhero to advocate for animal's rights. That's a truly remarkable capeshit character. WAAAAAAAAAY more honest and less asshole-y than Superman by a large margin.

to be fair it's not like superman wears a mask or something

Funny enough I just got finished watching that movie
It was good

>Superman pretends to use their ways against
>wow the whole point of story was proven
Anyway I think Red Son did this critique better even if it wasnt him fighting against a few strawmen and one strawlass

Attached: homosapien_of_homicide.jpg (510x413, 243K)

>You rarely see Superman using his role as a reporter to find about some crime or disaster being committed.
Even Zach Snyder did this in the uncut version of BVS. I would’ve agreed with you in 2010, but time has changed. you gotta read more comics

Attached: 0646B134-FE51-4B39-BCBC-41526D558DC9.jpg (1073x1650, 362K)

>Superman can see and listen what everyone does around the world and the only thing stopping from invading your privacy is his say so
>you just have to accept and trust Superman's word that he won't abuse his powers
>Superman is constantly lying about himself to everyone
Hmmm...

Attached: 1554462626164.jpg (1437x770, 349K)

Superman entire life is a mask.

The way you said "the american way" like it is a good thing on part with Truth and Justice.

Superman in BvS was glued to every TV set he could find because he was self-absorbed in his own problems and constantly on the lookout for any scrap of news about himself.
Sure, Superman sometimes will use his role as a reporter and his position in the Daily Planet to dig some critical information or head somewhere where he might be needed if he hears something is going down, but that's a rare occurrence. More often than not Superman picks up distress and calls for help using his super-sight and super-hearing. His work as a reporter is that essential for his role as Superman.

Commies don't get opinions even in their own nations.

Superman's a phony and a defender of the status quo, and he has way too much power on his hands. He's a good allegory for our presidents, and it's not a good one.

Attached: 1554297674990.png (2280x1080, 1.61M)

Don't you have 40 cakes to steal, Lex?

>What's so funny about truth, justice, & the american way?

Attached: 21z0u6.jpg (530x423, 30K)

This critique makes no sense as we are aware he doesn't abuse his power, and if it was from the perspective of a citizen they would not be aware he's hiding anything.

>but that's a rare occurrence
I think you need to look into some Superman comics from recent years. Does Superman go on patrol in the daytime? Yes. Does Clark search for stories to solve as Superman? Yes. It has nothing to do with narcissism as it does with the opportunities of both worlds. Quit being jaded, not every capeshit is conformist propaganda that holds onto the status quo

The point is that Superman is untrustworthy. That's all. And Superman IS shown constantly using his super-senses whenever the plot demands. You don't see him asking for permission when sweeping a city block with his X-ray vision whenever there's some trouble in the area. He's breaching everyone's privacy in the area. We just brush off moments like this, but in retrospect it's a pretty fucked up thing. Oh, sure. He's Superman. The information is safe with him. Yadda, yadda. Some would say the same about the government. Remember the high-surveillance after the 9/11?

The difference is we know that the info really is safe with him, we as outsiders can know his motives.

The point is: is his work as a reporter ESSENTIAL for him to perform his role as a superhero? Can he do it without it? Does he really need to keep up such an elaborate lie to maintain this double life for the sake of it?

But Superman's not trustworthy. He lies all the time. We, as readers, just want to believe that he's on the square when it comes to this single detail.

i think he has enough self awareness to know that he needs to at least sometimes have a day job and do normal things.

it's either that or go out to space or something

This man is not your enemy, Yea Forums.

Attached: file.png (600x300, 143K)

He could do what Buddy Baker did. Reveal his past. Tell everyone that he grew up in Kansas, that he was raised by the Kents, and that his name is actually Clark Kent, and then use his celebrity status as Superman more effectively. Sure, his life as Clark will be a lot more hectic, but that would be the more honest and decent approach.

Because we've seen what the american way is. Now more and more american hypocrisy is being revealed. All the misdeeds that america had done. One that even goes back years before today. America was never about truth and justice.

The same, ironically enough, can be said about Superman.

I'm not denying that he lies, I'm denying that the lie effects anything outside of the one lie.

He tried being Superman 24/7 back in the bronze age. It drove him to tears.

>He lies all the time.
About what?

>Does he really need to keep up such an elaborate lie to maintain this double life for the sake of it?
Yes. A character needs a reason for why they are going to a place of antagonism. The Shusters needed a setting in order for Clark to bounce off of a supporting cast. You need a reason for the heroics and not just on the emotional side. Unless this was an Elseworld story, You can’t takeaway the Clark from the Kal El. He was raised by an old couple in Kansas, his powers are alien, his intestines are alien, but his lifestyle isn’t. He likes baseball, pretzels, rock music, and literature.The Richard Donner movies may have had him yearn for his alien heritage, but nearly every post crisis comic still has him coexist with his human roots. You need to explain more of your perspective, because Superman isn’t some alien in human skin masquerading as a coward . Superman is a leader who’s using his intellect to help others at a down to Earth scale. Even Zack Snyder, the man whose quote started off this debate understands this at a certain degree

No, really what does he lie about?

I still believe.

Nothing. People don't like him because soulless psychopaths can't get inspired by true good, they have to make up excuses because they can't deal with the truth.

Calm down there, Lex.