CDRR Live-Action/CGI Hybrid Film

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/disneys-rescue-rangers-finds-director-lonely-islands-akiva-schaffer-1211757

Fuck this, fuck everything about it, fuck this entire goddamn timeline.

Attached: chip_n_dale_rescue_rangers_cool_shot_with_akiva_schaffer_inset.jpg (768x433, 67K)

>It's still happening
Fuck I thought there was no way they were actually making it. They missed the Alvin CGI boat and people are not going to like it
This is wasting opportunity for a good show reboot on Disney+

Attached: 342.jpg (840x875, 238K)

I shudder to think what they're going to do to Gadget, both design-wise and character-wise.

Assuming they even bring her back, anyway.

>Rather, the take is being described as being meta, something self-referential and cool.
A non-meta take would've been bad enough. But this...

Attached: 1438744697250.gif (338x251, 336K)

We can only hope they don't. She has it bad enough with the crazy Russian cult.

I'd rather they excise her than turn her into some preachy "girl power!" feminist mouthpiece or something that goes against every aspect of her original character. Better to be left out than destroyed altogether.

Sorry, I meant that they don't include her.

Why?

Attached: 1558048324134.png (873x1019, 817K)

Nostalgiabux. That's it.

Because furfags deserve only one thing, and that is to burn in hell, like the fucking degenerates that you are.

Also nostalgiacash.

Attached: 1542332318318.jpg (800x680, 165K)

META IS FUCKING OLD
BEING SELF-REFERENTIAL IS TOTALLY PLAYED OUT
IT'S NOT COOL, IT'S FUCKING 30 YEARS BEHIND THE CURVE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fitting, since Rescue Rangers is 30 years old as of this past March.

>TFW you want Disney to keep pushing out live action garbage and ruin a franchise and the company because you get to own the furries

Why did you post fake Gadget? That's Lahwhinie the THOT .

Nope, that's Gadget. Episode is "Chipwrecked Shipmunks". Gadget is never in her coveralls in "Gadget Goes Hawaiian".

So some kind of reference to this, they actually do this scene in a funny way, or subversion of it

Attached: RedDressGadget.jpg (461x690, 46K)

Huh, she's got the flower in her left ear like Lahwhinie... I may have to rewatch that episode because I don't remember it that well.

Well, user, here's the deal, everything dies.
Everyone dies.
That's natural, and it's something that cannot be stopped.
The dea is, do you fucking think for a second that furfaggots deserve anything nice whatsoever?

Attached: 1549005416866.gif (256x298, 623K)

are there any good cgi/live action hybrid movies? it seems like you can blend 2d with live action and make good movies, but cgi and live action sucks.

>are there any good cgi/live action hybrid movies?

Nope.

This movie is what's going to make the Russians finally send their nuclear missiles at us.

The Rangers get shipwrecked on an island and each character receives a small change to their look after a brief timeskip. Gadget, for example, loses her goggles and puts a flower in her hair.

If it gets made, we should welcome the bombs with open arms.

I'm watching it now, just past that time skip and see. Wonder if it was an intentional use, but that wouldn't make sense.

Would you count Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Development hell is a thing you know. Shelved movies have directors announced all the time.

It's not real until you see a trailer.

This thing was announced around 4 years ago. That it escaped DevHell now says Disney is serious about it.

Detective Pikachu is very flawed but it's fun enough that I wouldn't call it bad

You don't want this cute mouse ruined by CG, do you?

Attached: 1465024784401.png (503x552, 388K)

i've resigned to sharing mai waifu with the rest of my generation. but i'm not sharing her with today's elsagate-raised kids.

I'm not, thus I am the better... uh, hubandu?

Attached: 1465019276692.png (720x540, 552K)

I don't want her ruined by either CGI or "updated" characterization.

Because the live action reboots keep making a shit ton of cash, theres absolutely no other reason anyone has done this so far.

Then we are in agreement. Disney makes this movie, we burn the Lands of the Mouse.

Attached: 1546571409773.png (830x374, 751K)

Kill Mickey Mouse
Take his house

God damn Gadget you gotta stop murdering people

To his lands,
Salt, we shall douse.

She only does it to people who deserve it. It's a lot of people, but they all deserve it.

Attached: Gadget-nightgown116.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Never cross a woman with a background in engineering. You will only die after the torture.

Cool
also wow, you're still around huh

Detective Pikachu JUST came out, and it was fun. No reason this couldn't be.

At least they can give Gadget fur now. Always hated that about her original design.

Why does everyone keep thinking I'm dead?

If you die at all. Gadget has a canon meanstreak.

"Golly, didn't you know? There are fates worse than death!"

...shit, is the Vocaroo thread still alive?

>"Rescue" Rangers

They save people. It's just when someone crosses Gadget by, say, hurting or just issuing a passing threat to her friends, the rescuing ends and the torture begins.

Attached: 1488923108510.png (589x768, 128K)

oswald thread is over here bon appetit

Aaaaaaaaand now I'm imagining Gadget as Jigsaw.

Nah, more like a friendly Punisher. She still saves people, she just makes those who hurt her or her friends suffer for a very, very long time.

>TFW her teammates know about this and got to be cautious to not really piss her off
Something I'd love to see drawn now

Again, takes a lot to piss her off, just don't threaten her or her friends.

Attached: 596.png (1067x994, 755K)

Attached: tits__gadget.png (1440x1080, 1.07M)

Is that an MS Paint trace or original drawing? If latter, then pretty good.

Also, normies still think we need a relatable human protagonist it seems. LOLE

Attached: prehistoric Foxglove.png (1002x822, 731K)

It's not the designs I am afraid of, it's the writing. I am allergic to bad writing. Also, it is amazing how this small horse edit of mine lives on throughout the years.

>It's not the designs I am afraid of, it's the writing.
this is exactly how I feel about the Sonic trailer.

>Uh, meow?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
>*shoot*

I'm worried that they'll make Gadget some sort of pandering "girl power" feminist mouthpiece instead of the smart, quirky character she was in the original. She didn't need the guys all the time - hell, she probably saved them more than they saved her. She didn't need to be a love interest. Any new take on Gadget needs to make her the same wacky, scatterbrained, sometimes oblivious inventor with compassion and a bit of a temper that she was before - and at least the same level of character agency that she had in the original show.

agreed. She had some confidence issues that really made me relate to her as a scatterbrained smart kid.

as a boy, she's probably the first female character I closely identified with.

What is the boomer definition of 'cool' ?

Disney is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Laughing all the way to their graves because they don't have to worry about how much they fucked the world up for everyone else.

Or so I assume.

question why does every goofy ass cartoon need to be "cool" now. Rescue rangers wasnt cool it was fun.

Fun is not something Disney considers when controlling the universe.

Here comes ACRacebest

Attached: 102-13.jpg (400x300, 30K)

then they should tear down their iconic themeparks

I hope Clarice will be in it. I expect it to still be trash but it would be nice to see the character used for more than a grope target for horny japanese men.

Attached: f0fa7d287891e520316332993a65a469.png (500x681, 172K)

Their thing was helping people secretly, right? Well what if the plot is a giant crossover where all the lucky happen stances in the modern disney movies was because of chip and dale? Like, a big disney version of back to the future 2?

Attached: download.jpg (296x170, 7K)

Of course it's still happening.
You can blame this guy.
(it was a good movie tho)

Attached: 975216-pokemon-detective-pikachu-cartes-article_m-1.jpg (559x314, 36K)

How about we not?

Does Rocket Raccoon count? Jungle Book wasn't terrible.

Fuck off you austrian faggot.

If you guys are pissed off now just wait until you realize that the Mouseguard movie was killed so as to not compete with this movie. Worse still, this movie probably was nopever going to be made until disnwy gained control of the MG movie and they decided to make a RR movie instead of supporting a franchise they didn't completely own.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

I think the issue is that the goal of cgi in live action is to look indistinguishable from a real thing or practical effect. When you have cartoonish characters you are stuck with uncanny valley freaks where they want that iconic look that doesn't work when looking realistic while 2d/live action avoids looking realistic altogether.

You'd think there'd be a fully animated adult OVA

Attached: d3fcfb424f54dc65c47f619a201f7650.jpg (888x1184, 109K)

shut up Freehaven you know you’ll be jacking off to it with everyone else

While Gadget was never MUH FEMINISM she was always a “strong female” trope. Indifferent/oblivious to attempts at romance from the chipmunks, studious and intelligent & absorbed in her career. While I doubt they’ll stick her in a pussy hat, making her a “girl power” archetype wouldn’t be straying that far from her OG characterization

Still can’t believe the weird toehead ruddy faced kid from the acorn cafe is a YouTube brony celebrity. Of course being a “brony celebrity” is like being the worlds smartest retard but still, the sheer autism from that forum is cancer

Honestly with Pokemon being just about the largest franchise out there it should have more
Bit of a argument against something more obscure like Rescue Rangers getting that treatment

I feel your pain, I thought for sure the NIMH remake wasn't happening either then in April we got more news about it.

Attached: 1554507097876.png (1600x1064, 1.39M)

Pokemon
Sonic

Thats why

They got to ruin them by pumping IPs in somehow

>Indifferent/oblivious to attempts at romance from the chipmunks
Actually, she was receptive to their flirting. It's just that whenever they started fighting over her, she seemed pretty oblivious that they were fighting over HER.

Attached: 1507143255282.png (1440x1080, 1.57M)

Yeah I guess that’s what I meant. Personally I like her with that autistic rat scientist from that one episode. Idk his name

This, it was never cool. It was a Disney Afternoon show about a bunch of geeks who ran a crime-fighting detective agency. People like it because it's goofy and this would not have that factor
It doesn't have a real adult fanbase like Pokemon either, it would only target the nostalgia market and hope some kids stop in

yeah, and you know how Chip and Dale are both wearing clothes in this one? well, they were meant to evoke Indiana Jones and Magnum PI. both great references in the 80s. but Indiana Jones went one nostalgia sequel too far, and Magnum PI has a reboot nobody watched...

Apart from everyone my age having been furry for Gadget, nobody's really clamoring for them to bring this one back.

But the thing is, Rescue Rangers as a concept looked terrible on paper. who wanted to see Chip and Dale do anything substantial? 90% of what they did up to then was torturing Donald Duck. but Disney just happened to have a knack for adventure cartoons at the time, so they did it anyway. CDRR and DuckTales worked so well, they did it AGAIN with the fucking Jungle Book by making TaleSpin.

so it's not guaranteed to be bad, but look at Disney's pattern now: taking existing works that everyone loves and are perfect as they are, and releasing new CGI versions.

but in capitalism, things don't happen because they're necessary. things only happen because they're profitable.

speed racer
but then that's live action characters in a cgi world, not cgi characters in a live action world

People who are clamoring for it back are really into it and would rather have a sequel show like the original, they don't want the CGI meta stuff
It'll probably go for those nostalgic references that were more contemporary when it came out 30 or so years ago, but it might not work so hot

the thing about the CGI meta stuff in a movie based on an episodic cartoon?

they already did that, it was Scooby Doo.

except it worked really well and Matthew Lillard even got to VA for Shaggy in future animated projects. except they're doing another feature-length Scooby Doo and he's not in this one.

it's not necessarily the reboots that make me sad; it's the new policy where every single decade gets its own reboot.

As long as Gaget is cute, I'm good.

why do people keep making these cgi hybrids full of human OCs. who even likes these human OCs.

I unironically want this to happen for the furfag rage

i hope she looks like an actual mouse. no tits, no hair, no eyelashes, just a mouse in a little jumpsuit.

Wonder if Chip will be less of a prick in this. Hated that little shit desu

we're all tiptoeing around the real issue because we're all afraid to start some shit. but i'm saying it.

which version of the closing credits theme are they going to use? the one with or without the extra synth part to do the vocal melody?

Attached: no way fag.jpg (640x480, 56K)

>Plot details for Rangers are being squirreled away, but it will not be an origin story nor detective agency story. Rather, the take is being described as being meta, something self-referential and cool. Dan Gregor and Doug Mand wrote the script.

>some literal who human(s) co-star
>Chip, Dale, and the others spend half the movie the size of ants on the screen, while the camera is zoomed out to focus on the human characters

Attached: ytho.jpg (1813x2111, 912K)

Just make them hit HollyWood, it'll solve many problems

Meta...meta.

The only way I can think they'd do meta is if either they're "real" chipmunks that get inspired by the cartoon or they somehow get blasted out of the cartoon into the real world (at yet have a keen post-2010's sense of "humor").

Either direction, don't expect to see Gadget, Monty, or Zipper. Or any villains, either. Maybe they pick a cat and decide it's Fat Cat. Maybe.

it's just going to be repitions of 'this isn't a spy movie chip! if it was a spy movie, [thing that's humorously about to happen] would happen!' for two hours

Attached: 1469006158699.png (500x375, 247K)

It wouldn’t be Chip n Dale if Chip wasn’t a prick
Though this is twisting everything so

>the take is being described as being meta, something self-referential and cool.

Attached: home alone_1545312445799.JPG_65534653_ver1.0_640_360.jpg (640x360, 18K)

Yeah, it's a bummer with the success of updating Ducktales and yesterday's Darkwing episode which would play into it's own updated revival that they didn't just opt to do a new series.

Meta bullshit immediately brings about nightmares of Rocky & Bullwinkle, Fat Albert, and any other shitty adaptation that brings the cartoon characters into the real world.

Whether they do or not intentionally, you can bet your ass there will be some dorks that will get flustered over her portrayal.

>best racing movie
Really, name a better movie about the sport of racing itself

Attached: 1317611_1.jpg (630x630, 74K)

That would take a company. They are roo afraid of the D to do it, at least I assume.

Attached: 736ae506c80d7fdcce3007317a4ef842.png (600x827, 273K)

I never connected RR with spy movies. I don't know why.

That only confirms that you're not a spy.

great, Detective Pikachu opened another can of worms.

Attached: paddington.jpg (350x500, 31K)

Why not just make a live-action version of this?

Attached: 8B40E585-89A2-4AD4-85BE-110A6028CA25.jpg (305x450, 36K)

Because if you do that, I will kill you for committing a sin.

Attached: Han Solo reac.png (482x479, 245K)

Did they ever have a crossover in some form?

I think the show was originally conceived as being in the same universe before they added Chip and Dale.