CO Recommends

Hey Yea Forums I found some infographic stuff saved on a old computer.
I'ts form 2010-2013 so if someone has updated stuff please post it.

1/17

Attached: goodcomics.jpg (2292x2700, 2.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/101061348/#101064392
Yea
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2/17

Attached: goodcomics2.jpg (2292x2700, 2.52M)

3/17

Also, im posting manually so Yea Forums is trottling me with the antispam countdown

Attached: co cartoons.png (2644x2444, 1.14M)

4/17

Attached: animal.png (1266x1232, 2.03M)

5/17

Attached: fanfilms.png (1204x886, 1.12M)

6/17

Attached: whatif.jpg (1600x2003, 1.29M)

7/17

Attached: mark millar.jpg (1000x2470, 1.82M)

8/17

Attached: hellblazer.jpg (1024x768, 264K)

9/17

Attached: Greenlant.png (781x521, 275K)

10/17

Attached: flash.jpg (500x397, 91K)

11/17

Attached: strfem.jpg (2123x2461, 2.73M)

12/17

Attached: supaman.jpg (1102x1442, 579K)

13/17

Attached: xmen.jpg (1420x2546, 1.42M)

Attached: DOCTORDOOM.jpg (1186x850, 263K)

15/17

Attached: CapAm.jpg (900x563, 454K)

16/17

Attached: Bats.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Ende.

Attached: cofeels.jpg (1068x766, 137K)

well fuck post 1 and 2 are the same
here have a wallpaper

Attached: 1510516891916.jpg (1500x750, 349K)

there used to be a lot of recc threads. I guess the people read their comics and don't need them anymore, and recc threads morphed into /shelf/ threads. but man, seeing all these pics is bringing me back. Yea Forums's rec image game was so strong

Found a couple more!

I posted out of nostalgia. recc threads helped me discover a lot of new stuff.

Attached: teentitans.jpg (1280x937, 172K)

Attached: fury.jpg (1022x550, 119K)

>recc threads helped me discover a lot of new stuff.
oh big time. when your only experience in comics is the absolute classics like Watchmen and Batman Year One, these images expose you to so much. and it all spider-webs/rabbit-holes from there

Attached: daredevil.png (1280x651, 417K)

Attached: defendrs.jpg (984x1114, 394K)

Erotic stuff
+18 plus only!

Attached: eros.jpg (948x1426, 450K)

since you said spiderwebs...

Attached: spiderman.png (489x1400, 327K)

For the MCU fans

Attached: Thanos.png (1280x1399, 1.33M)

it's lovely how all this fits inside 2 omnibuses.

OP here. I have no more. Hope someone finds them useful.

Attached: hate.gif (1280x1280, 260K)

a classic, satan

Just helping my fellows commrades

What's Frank and Garth doing on there?

TThis needs more Starlight

there were no good x-men comics since 2012

Attached: 1534632346018.jpg (800x1000, 140K)

What do you think user? Hacks, all of them

i know i keep saying it but the obscure cities. just because of the art

Attached: 1528764605996.jpg (1200x911, 1.34M)

I thought Batman: Year One was the exception

page 10 bumping

Attached: 4chan.jpg (1650x3010, 1.92M)

Viewcomic has been gone a while, but I haven't heard of any new places to read. Anybody know one? There's some things I want to try out before I buy

>page 10
Ok, I was too slow, here's an adult recc

Attached: adult co.png (1000x1533, 2.16M)

>No good Spider-Man fan films
>No good live action studio Spider-Man films
Will he ever see a faithful yet good live action adaptation bros

It's a joke image, that's why Ennis and Miller are there. Also, despite the (rightful) hate for Bendis, Loeb, and Millar, people here tend to hold most of the listed books in at least decent regard.

Attached: 2010s western animation renaissance as of 2018.jpg (977x2377, 1.01M)

readcomiconline.to

It's not a joke. It serves a real genuine purpose. It calls out morons like who don't actually read comics, they just read about comics. And worse yet, they misunderstand what they read.

Who the fuck ever told them that Batman: Year One is the one and only good comic in Frank Miller's entire career? Where the fuck did they read such nonsense?

>the exception
>the
Yikes!

I think they're all collected at comraderecs.tum blr.com but at the same time I think we should make new ones. One that I've been kinda rehearsing (for irl friends more than anything) is a "off-capes". I don't know exactly what to call these books, but I'm talking about stuff like Hellboy, Concrete, Eddie Current, Madman, Nexus and so on. Typical action / adventure books that wouldn't scare away someone who's only familiar with Big Two stuff but would still be different enough to avoid a lot of typical capeshit problems.

>Concrete
Cringe and blue-pilled, nobody actually likes this comic except for tree-hugging militant vegan activists.

Attached: 1556832558931.jpg (2500x2000, 1.41M)

I'm not a tree hugger, I'm not a vegan or a militant of any particular cause. It's just a beautifully illustrated book with a very nice tone that happened to focus on enviromental matters. I won't disclose my own opinions on the theme because you're clearly dying to get some (you)s, but if you get triggered by something like that, maybe you should avoid comics and every other piece of media that isn't made by yourself and for yourself.
Also, while that picture is funny as shit, it was clearly made as a joke by someone at least familiar with those books (I'm willing to bet they were fans even), and you're no better than retards like this guy for believing memes rather than assessing the value of a book by reading it.

>10’s animation renaissance
Cringe.

/co mblr doesn't care about comic books - good or bad.

The infographics now are all about who is more powerful, Goku or Captain Marvel

Whether Captain Marvel is being Carolwanked

Whether Captain Marvel is best girl

And Bingo Cards with all the reasons why DC is going bankrupt

user people stopped making charts since 2013, hell I've thought making a few threads to revive some charts like how Yea Forums did with one dark and disturbing reading chart tho it probably would die from co autism or lack of interest of a somewhat fast board. Also, X-MEN has always sucked:^)

>comraderecs.tum blr.com
This 2018 thread had some user wanting to start a new one: desuarchive.org/co/thread/101061348/#101064392
Some rec charts, maybe most, are also copied at Yea Forums-co.wikia.com

Attached: european_graphic_novels_science fiction_and_fantasy.jpg (1425x2066, 516K)

>Someone do this stuff for us were lazy. But if you do be ready to read Shit tastes over and over again

Attached: co eu comics.jpg (3543x2480, 1.15M)

Yeah I've noticed that. I just say that there is no good book that could be added to that list. And NO

>Eternauta
>Euro

It's a European language. (winking smiley face)

This

The days when Yea Forums was useful.

Why should I make new recommendations for you when you still haven't read all the comics that I recommended you last time?

That image wasn't made as a meme, it was made as a response to the original image, which was shit and being familiar with something doesn't mean liking it.

>which was shit
Why do you say that?

Because there's more to life than comics.

Attached: elf2.jpg (256x352, 17K)

Because with few exceptions, the things on the list are bad and whoever made it just picked things they thought makes them look smart instead of anything actually fun to read (pretty much just Cerebus, and most of that isn't good either)

The purpose of the chart is to show you variety, hence its title of "Sampler". Of the ones I read, the only one I thought was bad was Duncan the Wonder Dog. Do you have better suggestions?

Watch as he recommends you 20 horror-action and sci-fi action books by image and dark horse to show how diverse his tastes are.

Red Hood and the Outlaws has been good (I'm only a few volumes in so this has an asterisk), Sam and Max, The Goon, Mouse Guard, The Rocketeer, nearly all the Mickey Mouse comics, Invader Zim, Lastman, Ruinworld
>sci-fi action books by image
No but I will recommend one by Image, Transformers, the new run is good, a good majority of the older series are good, and I'd specifically recommend Last Stand of the Wreckers
If I were to recommend anything by Image it's be I Hate Fairyland but I think everyone who's going to read it has read it by now, Gear is pretty good and I haven't read much else from them.

Other stuff in the thread also has some decent stuff like (though it leaves out a lot of early detective comics featuring the character which is some of the best works, I'd also recommend The Batman Adventures, they're in the universe of the cartoon and just as good as it) this (thought mostly because of Superman/Shazam but the other stuff I've read from it is decent, some better than others)
But more than anything I'd recommend just googling something you probably already know:
What your favorite genre is, or what characters you like from the other media they're in and finding recommendations from people on forums and websites who seem to like the same things about them as you. Because that image is barely a sampler of what you're going to be getting when you get into the medium unless you're actively looking for things of that specific nature, it's like if one of the other charts posted in this thread instead of saying something like "Doctor Doom recommended reading" just fucking claims it's illustrative of the medium as a whole. It's incredibly narrow for a "sampler" because it isn't actually intended to help people find something they'd enjoy, it's made to stroke the creator and the poster's ego. Like you could complain about cape stuff all you fucking want but the image so completely avoids them it begs incredulity

>I will recommend one by Image
meant one by IDW

Red Hood and the Outlaws, excellent. I'll be sure to recommend that the next time I see someone who wants to explore the comics medium and see more of what it has to offer. "If you want to broaden your horizons," I'll say, "then look no further than Red Hood and the Outlaws."

It's good user, if they haven't already read than yeah, recommend it to them if you read it and thinks it's good too

Also, you don't really need too much knowledge of the universe to enjoy it, but Batman:Under the Red Hood is good and gives a bit of context to the character, read the comic obviously, but the movie is good too

bump

>It's incredibly narrow for a "sampler" because it isn't actually intended to help people find something they'd enjoy
Some people definitely enjoy the comics on that chart. I like a few of them myself.
>you could complain about cape stuff all you fucking want but the image so completely avoids them it begs incredulity
Capeshit is the first thing that springs into anyone's mind when you mention the word "comics", and given the many charts dedicated to individual cape characters, there's no need for them to be mentioned in yet another chart. The sampler is meant to take you out of that bubble of capeshit, because capeshit is everywhere and as a whole not very good.
You are more up your own ass than the person who made the chart. Your suggestions are mostly low grade.

>Capeshit is the first thing that springs into anyone's mind when you mention the word "comics"
Yeah, so why would absolutely no cape be on a sampler about comics
>is meant to take you out of that bubble of capeshit
There is no bubble of capeshit, besides how popular many non superhero comics are, there's incredibly variety of genre WITHIN superhero media. And even more importantly that image does absolutely nothing to help explore comics, mostly devoid of popular genres like fantasy or sci-fi, with the representatives of them being shit like 2,333 Dimension which is more focused on crawling up it's own ass with absurd bullshit and meta visuals than actually being even mildly entertaining, or Concrete in which every page is absolutely loaded with so many bubbles you can barely see the just average art beneath
And someone totally wants to "get out of their bubble" and read a fucking educational comic about calculus
>because capeshit is [...] as a whole not very good.
Now that's just bait.
>You are more up your own ass than the person who made the chart
Cope harder
>Your suggestions are mostly low grade.
What the fuck does this even mean? Are you trying to say bad? Because I disagree, and that's fine, I'm sure we have different taste and I would never do anything like pretend the things I recommended give a full and thorough view of an entire medium despite the fact that most of them are so rarely talked about in discussions even amongst those deeply involved in the medium and the culture surrounding it.