Transformers G1 gets so much love, toys, remakes, games, ect

>Transformers G1 gets so much love, toys, remakes, games, ect
>BEAST WARS Will never get a graphical remaster of any kind and will always be forgotten despite the fact that it saved the brand

Attached: optimus-primal-beast-wars-maximal-joins-transformers-forged-to-fight__scaled_600[1].png (600x429, 494K)

Other urls found in this thread:

karyuudofansubs.blogspot.com/2019/05/release-beast-wars-neo-super-lifeforms.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eventually CGI will be HD enough and easy enough to make that a fan will rip the audio from the original and remake it. Thats what I'm hoping to see eventually, before I die, at least.

I would kill for a comic that picked up after the cartoon, forgetting the garbage that was Beast Machines, and kicking off with the Trial of Megatron, Leo Prime recruiting Primal to help him investigate some Tri Predicus cousil shenanigans going on, and Megs running his schemes even when imprisoned. KILL!!

>BEAST WARS Will never get a graphical remaster of any kind
Good. Bunch of robo-furfags.

>letting some faggots on the internet live in your head like that
sad

Rent free

interesting, robotic version of the beast mode that requires less cheating

dude beast wars is getting a huge resurgence right now. have you seen the new masterpieces?
I don't want the show remastered.

Why not? It would literally be the same shit with better graphics.

TFW too poor

Attached: cdbacef5-0b53-4450-82ee-a49ef761eb1a.jpg (720x540, 103K)

that's just wrong though. Don't do that. make a new thing. something new and creative. g1 gets its dick sucked, let beast wars get a little love in the form of a new project. a sequel (transtech maybe? eh I was never huge on it), a spiritual successor, something.

Just keep looking at the negatives, the sour grapes will soothe your wallet
like dinobot's ridiculous beast mode neck, or megatron's beast mode proportions being more toy-accurate than the show, with its small and stubby t-rex head.
or cheetor's laughable beast mode hind legs (though understandable) or optimus's hollow elbows which would have been SO easy to fix

>have you seen the new masterpieces?
Yes. Funniest thing I've seen in ages.

I don't see what's funny about them. except maybe the eerieness of the cg-model accuracy on the faces

I know they pandered to lonely horny weebs by making Blackarachnia instead of someone that deserves it.

Ahem...TARANTULAS...

1) It seems like the current IDW will treat merging BW characters with the G1 era better than the last IDW, since Prowl’s pet dinosaur suggests Cybertronians have been to Earth.
2) It was considered for a movie, but was shelved for now since its too early after just one post-Bay success.

Shut the fuck up.

Don't worry, by November you'll get to hotglue Blackarachnia for less than half that price.

>will always be forgotten
The Beast Wars story and characters are still canon in the EU material so they're not forgotten.
It's just that it was a niche show during the dark ages of the franchise when everyone looked away.
G1 just holds a special spot in the majority of the fandoms and general public's minds.
And it's the primary money maker.

Yes sir...

oh hey boco
I think the new blackarachnia looks amazing but holy shit she shows off how much mainframe cheated her model, because she has this gigantic fat spider ass to fit everything
also at that size there was no avoiding big visible spider leg joints
I wonder if they'll attempt airazor.. I mean she's gotta be next to impossible to do satisfyingly.

>not wanting to wear animal parts like battle armor

With those qc issues that have happened to roughly half BW meg owners out there wait for infinite transformation to make a better KO or a takara 2nd run.

Attached: DSCN0025-3456x2592.jpg (3456x2592, 1.93M)

If it makes you feel any better it's grossly overpriced for what it is.

The voice recordings are probably lost at this point

I'm amazed there aren't more issues, considering how stupidly complex these things are. I just don't get why they're over 300 dollars. If leader movie Starscream was 60, these have no right to cost over 110.

what am I looking at here? the thigh guns are a different color. is this a knockoff?

Isn't Beast Wars considered G1 as well at least timeline wise?

Some of the plastic has a pearl topcoat while other parts dont. The guns on one thigh piece werent painted on mine. The shotgun in his hand does look like a knockoff, there are factory nubmarks on the top and butt of the gun

I forget why the price rose on them but its still no excuse for all the shit qc that takara has been sleeping on over the masterpiece line's run.

They'd ruin beast wars today. Let it stay dead

interesting
yep. just like star trek TNG it went into it sorta soft-connected, just in case it did poorly, but once it did well, they revved up continuity.
this is the first i'm hearing of QC problems, aside from megatron's crotch being fragile, and jobby getting one with a loose waist swivel (honestly that seems like a feature to me, the cgi model did that all the time)
that sucks though.

Ish.

Arguable what is the true continuation. Japanese canon, UK comics, or Beast Wars.

They blend a lot too. Beast Wars references the UK, while UK writers later referenced Beast Wars in other canon. Japanese media isn’t super concerned about it, mixing everything and making retroactive changes via canon time alteration.
Like, the movie is canon, but so is another timeline created by Ravage going back in time and making Wheeljack and Megatron see what was going to happen which resulted in the same exact plot but nobody dies in it, and later Optimus and Megatron end the war peacefully to prevent G2. G2 itself was a continuation, but it totally fucked up continuity by forgetting who lived and died, bringing everyone back but forgetting shit like Cyclonus being Skywarp and Bumblebee being Goldbug so some characters exist twice, then mist just die again anyway. Nothing mentioned G2 again either.
Not even getting into Transformers Meets Star Trek and Transformers VS GI Joe.

Its all kind of a mess where you can just pick what you like.

Yep, that missing paint, the cheap looking shotgun, the uneven finish and the fact that he has no stand (but three tailor made stans adapters) are the only things that stood out to me so far. No exploding crotch after a month so far though

Attached: Yes.jpg (3456x2592, 1.48M)

Well honestly, I've been saying for years "stop including the same stand/accessory/etc with every figure when anyone who cares is going to collect them all"
giving megs adapters for dinobot's stand is sensible to the max.

couldn't you get a refund/replacement?

>masterpieces
Yeah they look like absolute dogshit, have horrible QC issues, and are selling so badly that they've had to jack up prices and cut the MP line down

MP Megatron got delayed for months because preorders were so bad and it still released with hips that are 100% doomed to break

Beast Wars Neo [English Subtitled] - Now available

We are pleased to announce that Beast Wars Neo is now available.

To download this release click HERE.
karyuudofansubs.blogspot.com/2019/05/release-beast-wars-neo-super-lifeforms.html

What this set includes:

Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set in MKV format
All 35 episodes + 1 trailer in the original Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles
The 1st set is with the original Japanese faction names, honorifics, and translated command code for changing modes
2nd set is for casual fans which replaces the Japanese factions names, honorifics, and command code for changing modes into the Western names. Character names remain the same.

Blue Big Convoy - Transformers EX Manga Side Story in JPG format
A two page backstory story bridging the events of Beast Wars Returns and Beast Wars II / Beast Wars Neo. This story is translated in English.

A Complete Reference Guide
A PDF Format Guide explaining translations, cultural references and information about the series.

Extras

CD Singles (FLAC format)
LOVE FOR EVER - Sung by: M.C.R.
Te no Naka no Uchuu - Sung by: Hitomi Yuuki

Videos (Various formats)
Beast Wars Neo Commercials
Beast Wars Neo Clean Opening and Endings

Books, Magazines and Images (CBR format / JPEG format)
Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set Scans
Beast Wars Neo VHS Cassettes Scans
Beast Wars Neo CD Single Scans
Beast Wars Neo Model Sheets
Beast Wars Neo Episode 22 Script Scans
Beast Wars Neo Super Encyclopedia
Beast Wars Neo Trading cards
Beast Wars Neo Manga Scans
Beast Wars Neo Mini Comic Scans
Beast Wars Neo Secret Illustration Book
Beast Wars Neo TV Magazine Profiles

FAQ (Also known as please read first before asking questions) :)

Question: What do I need to download this?
Answer: To be able to download these, you will need a BitTorrent client. We recommend either qBittorrent or Deluge. Both BitTorrent clients will do the job with no advertisements or hidden surprises.

Once you install the application, you're ready to download from the torrent. Download and open the .torrent file, add it to your torrent program, and the application will do the rest.

Once your download is complete, you can view this release with VLC or Media Player Classic

Question: Will you release these on DVDs?
Answer: Sorry, we have no plans to do this.

Question: What are you planning on subtitling next?
Answer: No idea at the moment, but since there’s lots of untranslated material out there, I’m sure we’ll find something.

Question: Was this series very difficult to translate?
Answer: Yes and no. If a non-native Japanese were to translate this series on their own, there would probably be something lost or misinterpreted in the translation. Thankfully for our team, we have a wonderful friend and teammate named Taka-chan, who is a native born Japanese and fluent in both languages. She, like all of us, is a huge Transformer fan, and took a lot of time out of her busy schedule over the past year and a half to script and translate each episode. If there’s anyone you should be thanking for this series to have been translated, it’s her. :) On top of translating, there’s research that was needed to be done, since sometimes there’s references to old TV shows and movies in the series, and this needed to be explained. All of these instances have been recorded in the translator notes.

so like every other industry, incompetence destroys the business
>look like dogshit
objectively false. they're preposterously amazingly goodlooking.

Question: Why are some of the character’s names different than certain Transformers fan and resource sites as well as from the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook?
Answer: There are many Transformers fan sites out there which are great resources, with many fans devoting much time to put the information out there to help others understand / fill in the gaps on many different Transformers series. With respect to everyone, fan sites are not official (and neither are we) on how the character’s names are written. There is also some disagreement with how the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook was created; and how many fans didn’t agree with the way some of the character’s names were spelled and their bios’ were written, since most of reference material was based from a fan page. For example, Colada is spelled Cohrada in the IDW Sourcebook. This is due to Ben Yee’s writing the character profiles based off an early VHS sub of a few episodes almost 20 years ago. After some discussion and a poll on the Allspark forums, it was decided to correct this by using the spelling which is named from the second of Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar’s (El Cid) swords, the Colada. At the end of the day, it’s how one interprets it based on the katakana characters.

Question: I would like to customize the subtitles for myself; how do I do that?
Answer: There’s a site called MKVToolNix which hosts various tools to extract the subtitles with. Once to extract the files you can edit them with a subtitling program called Aegisub. We’ve also included the fonts we used in the package so that they appear the same in your customized authored version. Generally speaking, most fan groups like to burn or hard subtitle their files into the video to prevent others from using them. However, we don’t follow this same practice and leave ours as soft subtitles, allowing one to turn them on or off while watching.

Question: I’d like to use your subtitles and translate this show into my native language and publicly release this. Are you OK with me doing this?
Answer: Absolutely! We kindly ask that you contact us either by PM, or on our Facebook page before doing so, as well as providing us the credit in the subtitles with your release. The more that others can get to watch and enjoy this series in their native language, the better it is for the entire community. :)

Question: For some reason, it doesn’t look like VLC is using the fonts properly. How can I fix this?
Answer: You can either copy all the fonts provided in the Extras folder into your fonts folder within C:\Windows\Fonts or right click on each of them included in the package and install them. Unfortunately, since we don’t use either OSX or Linux, we cannot provide any advice on how to install these on those operating systems. However Google can help you with that :)

Question: Are you getting compensated somehow?
Answer: No. Just as we did Car Robots, Zone, Legends of the Microns, and Beast Wars II, we do these projects for free and for fans to enjoy, and are not to be sold in any shape or form. This series in particular is considered one of the last holy grail's among fans, and we’re excited to be able to finally share it with everyone. We hope everyone appreciates the hard work and hundreds of hours that went into creating this.

Question: I have something I want to ask that wasn’t covered here.
Answer: By all means, do ask, and we’ll do the best we can to answer.

are beast wars II and neo any good? I heard for some reason japanese transformers material is all goofyshit as if to reverse the usual east-west split with anime

>Tarantulus
>deserved redemption
Elaborate, keeping in mind that he's a recreational cannibal.

this is the goofiestshit.

Attached: JointronAd.jpg (785x545, 122K)

>they're preposterously amazingly goodlooking.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

>they're preposterously amazingly goodlooking.

Attached: reduced-galery_image_11605_19468.jpg (640x664, 65K)

>>they're preposterously amazingly goodlooking.

Attached: 19b47d2fb9.jpg (640x640, 70K)

that's pretty nitpicky. It's just odd that he has those problems when the original had little trouble making gorilla legs work. It feels like we gained nothing to get that, but on the other hand, we forget the original had a big hanging-back gorilla-ass shelf.
and it actually transforms. That's pretty fucking close. though I would have preferred this, and compromised on robot mode accuracy

Attached: Dinobot_by_EJ_Su.jpg (899x900, 175K)

"Pretty close" and "compromised for robot mode accuracy' is not "amazingly goodlooking," especially when we're talking about a toy that costs almost 300 dollars

what kind of toy engineering super-science are you expecting for these? parts-swapping to eliminate the exposed robot parts?

Isn't she literally just the TFA Blackarachnia recolored yellow and with a new head?

They made that toy too, and it was also pretty cool. it had more retooling than that too, giving her nice bewbs.
This is a brand new one

Well theres got to be a better way than just hanging half the fucking robot off the back.

they picked the back of the beast mode legs to add a small amount of robot kibble to. That's pretty good.
I do have some complaints though, I fail to see how dinobot's concave panels or weird neck helped the robot mode at all, and his raptor feet also seem to have some problems but I forget what the originals looked like.

I blame the voice gimmick

maybe if they're bigger in scale (so you can engineer the necessary flaps to cover them)?

fair enough, they included like 5 minutes of clips
does it bother anyone else that it's 2019 and speakers still sound like fucking ass?

Attached: BeastWars_Dinobot_1996_toy.jpg (700x445, 66K)

Attached: Dinobotuniversedeluxe.jpg (900x345, 65K)

sorry, what i meant was
I forget what the raptor feet on the TV cgi model looked like
i could never forget what the toy's ridiculous ones looked like. God, hasbro really went off the deep end with those early designs.

Attached: BWPart1_bridgefaceoff.jpg (629x479, 45K)

yeah that's kinda what I thought. masterpiece dinobot's feet aren't quite like that. they don't have the nice solid tapering two-toed foot, just kind of a blob with claws attached, like an elephant. Maybe if they'd flipped the forearm piece around it could have worked a little better with a better toes piece. These things happen when you prioritize one mode over another, though.

Attached: 4546441b-37be-47c4-8f9e-df565e4556cf.jpg (880x750, 62K)

>BEAST WARS Will never get a graphical remaster of any kind and will always be forgotten despite the fact that it saved the brand

Transformers Prime is like a spiritual successor. The zoomers who grew up on it will enter the industry soon.

I didn't like beast wars as a kid.
I resented the fact that generations before me got to play with robots that turned into planes and trucks and tanks and I got the ones that turned into a rat and a rhinoceros

Show him from the front now

These are figures made and marketed for a niche group of collectors on an island. Selling international is a bonus but Takara's making most of their money on their domestic audience which is only so big.

I felt the opposite. even as a kid in 1993 I was like "cars are so fucking stupid, I want robots to turn into animals" and I even drew designs for robot animal transformers (along with tanks and such because tanks and jets are cool, just not cars and trucks)
i never saw g1 because I had no idea when it was on, so I wasn't aware of the actual robot animal transformers back then, I was just basing my designs on the mutating turtles figures (mostly forearms opening up and paws swapping for hands, etc) plus I had these weird no-name robot cat transformers back then
when beast wars came out a few years later, I was absostoked.

BW is a good example of marketing to generation changes. I rmemeber as a kid everyone hated Power rangers Turbo compared to the past seasons with dinos and animals and mythical creatures for zords. When I played with cars or jets it was all fantasy stuff. Realistic cars held no interest to me(ironically as an adult I got really into the Alternators and MP line). What kid in the 90's wouldn't want a cool giant bug or dinosaur that turns into a robot?

Exactly. I guess we're just different in that way. I also had a problem with Turbo, but I didn't quit the show until they decided to replace the entire cast including Zordon. I was like.. yeah this isn't my show anymore, I'm out.
They did have this one transforming police car robot guy in Carranger who I thought was fucking awesome, and enjoyed the toy of. Very satisfying transformation. I still have him somewhere, along with his decidedly less cool gun-that-turns-into-a-badge-with-a-traffic-light-on-it.
I did have a bunch of hotwheels, many of which were from this one happy meal toy line where they had a bunch of neat gimmicks like ridiculous oversized engines and what looked like rocket boosters, so I had fun playing with those and imagining different super abilities for each.

Monster Hunter pls

Why would I watch an American made show in Japanese?

neo and II are anime