Character pioneers the concept of permanent death with consequences in comics

>character pioneers the concept of permanent death with consequences in comics
>"let's dig her up and parade her around a dozen alternate universes"

Why are comic writers so petty and contemptible?

Attached: gwen.jpg (350x350, 62K)

Let's be real here, the moment they brought Norman Osborn back was the beginning of the end for them, in that regard.

Because it makes money.

>Let's dig her up
Yeah but the MAIN Gwen that you posted is still dead and isn't coming back, if anything all the other Gwen's are just reminders of what we can't have back

but spider gwens books don't sell though

>petty and contemptible

That's not it at all. They're just uncreative and lazy.

>trying to get off on a technicality
The end result is the same, the poignance of her death is gone

Attached: 1549613045414.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

user I think what OP is getting at is Alt-Gwen, Ghost-Spider, is effectively phasing the memory/loss of old Gwen Stacy from the public eye.

the other gwens are a reminder than the present is constantly trying to erase the past in its favor

Gwen's death helped start the women in refrigerators meme.

no the woman who was stuffed in the refrigerator started that meme. Its understandable how the death of a woman has become an over used trope in comics but you can't deny that it is a legitimate avenue to go down when writing characters whose stories go on for decades. And Gwen was the first it happened to so you don't think that dragging her back to make more money off of her for nothing then shunting her as another love interest for a spider an isn't more disrespectful?

if you want to bitch about a spider woman getting royally screwed call bendis about Mattie Franklin

Feels like envy to me, like they felt called out on their laziness and lack of creativity by the original concept, or that they were resentful they didn't think of it first, so instead of trying to surpass the moment, they settled on just trying to tarnish it in the eyes of everyone.

Quick rundown on Mattie Franklin?

She was jamesons Neice who got spider powers through magic I think? She takes over as spider man when pete quit after the initial reboot fell through than she became the third spider-woman for a bit until her comic got canceled. Flash forward a few years and she pops up in Jessica Jones as a drug addled whore than flash forward a decade or so and she gets killed y Kravens daughter

Epilogue She gets revived as a clone only to be reduced to ash right in front of Jameson, and he doesn't care since his wife who was also revived died there as well

To sum up my feelings Fuck Bendis, yet still Fuck Quesda harder

I've hated Bendis for a long time but I didn't think I'd end up hating him even more, that sounds like a shitshow, he just wants the worst for every spider character that isn't Miles

>Gwen's death
>death with consequences in comics
Lmao

pretty much, he doesn't care about any character he works on he only cares about his own OCs

>talks about variant covers
>blame it on the writers

Why is OP such a faggot?

>its just their mulitiverse counterpart!

it was kyle rayners gf m8

Let me clarify. When I say Women in Refrigerators is a meme I mean the idea that it's a sexist cliche. Male characters die in droves, why can't female ones? That's "equality", right?
Same thing as how Sue Dibny getting raped is seen as the downfall of DC, but Batman getting raped and coming back to claim his rape baby was just another plot point. Nerds get so attached to female characters that they try to protect them as if they were real women.

Attached: 28-doomsday-lede.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 344K)

>Male characters die in droves
Yeah, you've NEVER bitched about that. Ever.

I can’t really think of many females characters that are defined by the death of a man in the way that peter is defined by Gwen’s death.

I do hear you that the problem with it primarily is women have no agency in their death in comics. I remember a few years ago Batman had a love interest in one of his books, she was there for months never mentioned in any of the other books than killed off an issue after he revealed his identity to her. It’s cheap it’s easy and kinda shitty but honestly comics are pretty much soap operas for boys.

LOL. Peter is literally defined by the death of his uncle.

You're right, I haven't. And most men haven't.
It was women who decided the deaths of their fictional sisters needed to be chronicled and categorized.

Attached: mj.gif (490x276, 2.53M)

Ben died because of his inaction
Gwen died because of his actions
He’s defined by both and his character after her death is far more compelling and nuanced