Powers and Abilities

>Powers and Abilities
>Peak human

Attached: shotgun.jpg (250x240, 4K)

>genius level intelligence

Attached: 1516960166442.jpg (251x242, 11K)

>frogposter

>Psychic Powers
>Can’t go into someone’s mind if they’re insane.

Not gonna lie, I'm getting a bit tired of superpowers. No, it's not a realism thing, it just feels like powers are too susceptible to all sorts of wank.

I vastly prefer technological abilities both aesthetically and functionally. Yes, tech can also succumb to wank, but it happens far less often due to devices subconsciously implying set rules and limitations the audience's mind.

And yes, "peak human" doesn't really make sense, since that's just someone with a good exercise regiment.

>Telepathy
>along with telekinesis

>And yes, "peak human" doesn't really make sense, since that's just someone with a good exercise regiment.
That's a pretty stupid way to say it.

> master tactitian

What does that even mean?

I like peak human when it's someone like Cap who was experimented on and basically has low level super strength, endurance, agility etc. Abilities at the limit of human potential that would be granted by perfect genetics and upbringing but is unobtainable to any normal human.

But then the term started getting slapped on bamham and every other non-powered hero and lost all meaning.

If you're frogposter, your opinion is worthless

Supposed to mean they know how to command others and form battle plans but It effectively means asspull keikaku powers

>Telekinesis
>Keeps throwing stuff at enemies instead of squishing their brains or immobilizing them

>character has "telekinesis"
>only ever uses it to throw pebbles or do """""force pushes"""""
>never uses it to crush opponents into a ball or blow up their hearts

Attached: 1440758761546.png (402x398, 126K)

You can thank muties for that

manton effect anons

>frogposter
>shit opinion
Peak human is a great utility ability, it shouldn't really be your main angle but there are no downsides to it and also promotes more fight-oriented scenes.

I know it's hard to imagine on your couch but peak human is goddamn impressive

It's rarely that they can't, and more that it's a bad idea.
If psychic powers existed linking up with somebody else's brain would be dangerous enough, because even normal people have their hangups and inner demons. Now imagine your mind melding with a schizophrenic's.

>expert martial artist

>promotes more fight-oriented scenes.
This.

Attached: 1547235383664.webm (1280x692, 2.82M)

>frogposter
oh no it's retarded

Remember how in Flashpoint Paradox the president wouldn't let Cyborg and his team of superheroes go on a mission to end the war unless Batman was involved because Batman was supposed to be the only tactician in the world who could come up with a winning strategy? But then Batman joins the team and his Master Tactician™ plan just amount to "split up Aquaman and Wonder Woman and fight them?"

It was even more dumb because the smart plan wouldn't have been to split them up, it would have been to lie in hiding until one of them killed the other and then have everyone gang up on the tired and injured winner.

>mastered literally every martial art ever invented in the span of a few years

>implying this is lame

>Having Magic
>Loses to normal people

How does one even lose if they can control reality, even on a small scale.

This always bugs me. A true master of something cannot be young, there is always an element of experience that brings true mastery--otherwise you're just well versed in theory.

these anons have a psychic link

>A true master of something cannot be young
The right word is prodigy, it acknowledges that they'rd young but still admits they're godlike at what they do

>energy manipulator or absorber
>only deals in energy that is shot like a beam

>superpower is only flight
>doesn't immediately die or at the very least get knocked out when going at higher altitudes and/or higher speeds.

>super strength
>is muscular
How?

What a shit power. A peak human couldn't even fend off a chimp

It's even worse than that. Even if we be super generous and say that Bruce Wayne spent 10 years learning 500 martial arts before becoming Batman, that's about one martial art mastered per week ON TOP OF all his learning about forensics, chemistry, engineering, computer science, business, foreign languages, and (I think) several post-graduate degrees.

Attached: homer says batman's a scientist.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Indeed. A less than peak human still managed to get millions of people killed, and continues to influence genocidal tyrants to this day.
Karl Marx. :^)

>apex predator

Attached: 556.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Aren't humans considered apex predators?
I think they would be but our varying diets may disqualify us from that title.

We can. But our brain says hey "don't do that". So with the limiters taken off we can lift cars.

basically any animal can kill us, a dog can kill us, I don't think we qualify as apex anything.

you have been watching too much shit anime

We aren't apex predators for the sane reason the wild animals are.
We are apex predators because no one prey on us but we have the means to literally prey on everything.

user, that's not what qualifies as a predator.
No animal has humans as part of their natural diet.
Then again, we are an exclusive case from predator-prey classifications anyway.

Peak human is not a superpower tho, it literally means the limit of what normal humans can achiveve

If Captain America is peak human then some really gifted but completelly non powered normal could be just like him.

Those kinds of sitsuations call for a professional.

Attached: Razputin.jpg (1920x1200, 150K)

It is to my understanding that peak human resembles all the best athletes and minds melded into one human being plus a couple notches more.
It isn't the best but an average human cannot obtain it, hence why it is obtained via arduous and near impossible training or a product of something.
Cap is peak human in that regard, at the very least to me.
Same goes for Batman.

>hence why
hence*
That was redundant.

Yes they could, quit listening to Joe Rogan.
>Muh chimps as strong as 3 men based off this old shitty study
So are bodybuilders

>heroic character has fire powers
>know already they will mostly spot-weld and melt stuff, never land a hit on something that isn't a robot/immune to fire because horribly burning people to death would make the hero look like a monster

Watch or read Mob Psycho.

You make a good point

So thread boils down to comic creators not understand math and/or science? This might not be the answer you want, but turn your brain off for a moment.

>flashback to human vs animal /fit/ threads

>Wolverine pops his claws
>He starts kicking people

>It is to my understanding that peak human resembles all the best athletes and minds melded into one human being plus a couple notches more.
>Cap is peak human in that regard, at the very least to me.

Then why isn't he as intelligent or more intelligent than guys like Reed or Pym when it comes to solving the mysteries of the world? They're freakishly gifted, but they're still just human.

This is why his definition of "peak human" as a whole pisses me off, because he's sold as the next step of human evolution, but you'd get the idea that he can't even pass high school biology without Banner passing him crib notes.

>never uses it to crush opponents into a ball or blow up their hearts

You are adorable.

Attached: image.png (328x296, 292K)

what if you trained a chimp to start working out?

Reed and Pym possess super genius intellect and intelligence which is another superhuman ability.
Cap doesn't have that ability, neither does Batman.

We're not at the top because we're hard to kill. It's because with the right preparation, we can kill anything.

Batman has prep/tech feats that would easily make him superhumanly intelligent by any real-world standard.

>tfw humans are the batfags of the animal kingdom

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7K)

R rated power, PG rating

Fuck. It’s true. Who’s wanking humans?

>he finally decapitates someone
>they're robots

>Reality Manipulation
>Shoots vague lasers

>ultimate lifeform

Attached: tumblr_pq125805ZT1rg7dgb_1280.jpg (988x749, 73K)

Attached: 4chan gorilla facts.jpg (451x107, 50K)

>BEHOLD, PEAK HUMAN-MAN, MY WELL TRAINED GYMPANZEE!

>genius level intellect and inventor
>main weapon is shooting lasers

No one should go this long with a (You). Take care of yourself. God bless.

>Eldritch abomination
>Just vague uncreative tentacle monsters

>power to create constructs that are only limited by your imagination not physics or energy
>shoot beams, big fist, weapons found on earth
All the Quasars, doctor spectrums, and Lanterns should be ashamed of themselves

>Character has psychic powers
>Never uses it to just mind-rape/crush someone or lobotomize them psychically into a drooling husk

>master plan fail because of a "miscalculation" or sabotage
>never try again

Look, Hal and Guy ain't the brightest guys, but they've got heart

a prodigy always need guidance especially for formal things like martial arts.

>genius level anything
>plan fails because the nerd of the group remember his public school level chemistry class

Technically, they're still not superhuman because they're still naturally-born humans and what they do would still count as within the bounds of a natural human mind. They're the .01% of humans that possess such intelligence, but they're still just human. Super implies beyond the limits of what is humanly possible, so why are they considered super instead of peak?

Which geniuses would count as only peak by your definition? What's the measure of what is only "peak intelligence"? Einstein? Da Vinci? Hawking?

>Powers and Abilities
>Powers and Abilities
This is such lazy thinking. What's a human's "powers and abilities"? A dog's? A cat's? "Climbing trees, catching mice"? Fictional characters are not all D&D characters with attack and defense stats and "powers and abilities"

Attached: abuse.webm (656x368, 2.92M)

HELLO, MEGAN

>*Villain has energy absorption powers*
>You want my power? Then take it!
>Wait, no! It's too much! AAAAHHH-*explodes*

Attached: c7uyr85n31fz.jpg (529x367, 12K)

That would be pretty neat if the character could shoot reality blasts but the effect it had was random.
Like a wall doesnt blow up but just goes from steel to cardboard or hitting a person just warps them a few feet away instead of killing them.

Howabout the power....to move you?

Ang Lee's Hulk was fun.

Cap seems quick on the uptake of how things work at least.
Batman however effectively does have super genius intellect. Given some time he can come up with cures to rare viruses and gadgets to counter any threat. He also has a wide knowledge of almost any area of expertise. Granted most of that is just writers giving him what is needed for the issue.

It's not a power or ability, it's a lazy, vague statement.

>all this bitching about poorly portrayed powers
Again, this is why tech powers are better. A device has set functions and limitations, and therefore less likely to have bullshit creep on it.

>"Gonna give it more juice!"
>"reverse the polarity"
Sure, it's not perfect, but still.

I never understood this. Even G-rated shit like Pokemon gets away with this all the time. Just cover the slashes with effects and indirect camera angles, and don't show blood.

Attached: woke.gif (400x400, 168K)

They are usually compounded with other abilities as well.
Question, Captain Cold, Doctor Strange is that although that's just going by my shoddy memory

nanomachines, son

Tech powers is one of the most bullshit powers to exist hence it's mostly villains using it so they can pull things out of their ass.

When I was a kid I had 20/10 vision.
Fuck I miss that.

Don't you fucking start, user.

That's more of a logistics problem than the tech itself. Most writers are lazy fucks who seem to outright refuse to even think about where and how characters get their stuff.

Equipment, headquarters, costumes... Hell, how about basic medical care for when you have a tough patrol? Creators and readers are aggressively apathetic, despite it being literally impossible to accomplish anything of value without some basic infrastructure. Fuck, even Superman has a day job.

But that still doesn't in anyway solidify the criteria of what is "peak human intelligence". Those individuals are intelligent, but they're obviously deficient in other areas. Batman is supposedly the "ultimate human" or referred to as genetically perfect, but there are plenty of characters that are ahead of him in the intelligence line in their own fields or straight up across the spectrum. Captain America is allegedly the next step in human evolution in both body and mind, but there are naturally-born non-enhanced humans that make him look like he barely graduated middle school.

No stalinist can kill the billions capitalism and imperialism have

Attached: 1552531878572.jpg (652x573, 132K)

Deathstroke is equivalent to that of Batman (minus some quirks here and there), but both pale in comparison to Brain or Dr. Magnus which possess superhuman genius intellect rather than enhanced/peak intellect.
They're all geniuses in a way but the doctors are on another level.

>matter manipulation

Attached: judy.jpg (354x354, 15K)

Bodybuilders are well above “peak human”, though, due their use of steroids.

Enhancements still count since it pushes your body further.

Isn’t peak human supposed to be without technological/biological/chemical enhancements to your physiology?
After all, steroids push the limits way above what can be achieved naturally.

jackie chan is my wife

Prodigy means they are skilled beyond their years, and perform at the level of an adult who is trained in the same task/field. They should still be much less capable than a master.

>Isn’t peak human supposed to be without technological/biological/chemical enhancements to your physiology?
Ah, I see your point since I also conflated it with "enhanced" condition but I'd argue that someone like Bane fits in both.

A chimp is three times as strong as the average man? Wow, I'm twice as strong as the average man with shit diet and a couple years of training.

Manton effect is only in worm though, which is also a series that explains peak human, genius and inventor. But I wouldn't say it's the end all be all for superhero series. I prefer a series with magic and "land-that-time-forgot" shit with capes. And there are other series that have completely explained superheroic shit like OG Wildstorm or C.O.P.R.A
Worm was good for it's crazy brutal fights and insane fucked villains like Crawler and Bonesaw. Which is why Warn has been so disappointing so far

A man of culture.

Attached: 1556297988378.jpg (202x202, 19K)

Loved how it handled tech supers.
Like, if Reed Richards can create a device that perfectly translate every single language, then why the fuck isn't he selling it? Or just giving it away.
In worm, it's because no one can fucking understand it, reverse engineer it, or fucking use it without risking their brain melting. Unless youre a tinker

Ward needs to step it up

A body builder can't bite your fucking fingers off

Peak humans are not OLYMPIC tier, peak humans are funtional superhumans, Tarzan, Conan, Batman, Doc Savage. Olympic tier characters do everything in olympic level, run as fast as bolt or lift as much as any power lifter (bodybuilders are a joke), Peak humans can lift a ton, can stop a rhino, can choke giant magic serpents etc. Peak humans are older than capeshit and it's not based on anything real humans can do. And yes enhanced humans and peak humans are not the same thing, since enhanced just describes a human that has some abilities enhanced (strenght, speed) while others not. An enhanced human can have superspeed, but still be weaker than a peak human, peak humans are a whole, of course always limited by their own potential, so the peak of bruce wayne may be bench pressing 1000 kilos, but Cassandra Cain may only be in the 500 kilos, but Cass can be faster, etc. Peak humans are a terrible thing since they don't make sense ina world with super-powers, it's pulp heritage, but also, there's not as many peak humans as most people thing, even some hack writers seem to confuse it with olympic level (characters like Daredevil or punisher are not fucking peak humans).

A human can literally bite your fingers off you tard

Teen Titans should leave DeathStroke alone and fight supers of their own size.

Deathstroke only comes for people when under contract.
So if the Titans were to able to propose a contract for him to take, then you best bet that DS is the man for the job.

>Super speed
OPM does it right with it's speedsters.
Too often I see speedsters just job in capeshit when it's convenient for the writer. Too lazy to even give a proper way to counter it.

Attached: 1557323599064.png (600x750, 351K)

That's because DC's scarlet speedster isn't just an ordinary speedster anymore even if some writers want to write him as grounded as possible. He has shown time and time again that he is the fastest man in fiction and the only way to really combat that is make him never stop running.

>No animal has humans as part of their natural diet.
Saltwater and Nile crocodiles can and do prey on humans whenever the opportunity arises and have done so since man first started bumbling through life. They're pretty much the only remaining animal around that still views us as an average food source rather than a last resort or particular enjoyed taste. We're natural prey to them.

It's getting ridiculous when The Flash is considered to be equals to the JL when he could in theory just speedblitz and kill them if he truly wanted.
I don't get why Superman gets the bad rap when a Flash going rogue would be unstoppable.

Attached: RCO007.jpg (1332x2048, 729K)

Actually, some powers are pretty OP even if you have the constraint of "realistic", as long as it isn't to the point of limiting how much energy can be handled by a human at once. eg: electrokinesis, electricity is pretty OP IRL, just watch any video of electrical equipment flipping its shit.

Quick OC, I always think the same thing. Might add onto this.

Attached: TelekineticGuide.png (800x1600, 47K)

What about using telekinesis to throw people at hard objects (cinder block walls, pavement, etc) or hazards (power lines, waterfalls, sharp objects, traffic, etc)?

>I don't get why Superman gets the bad rap when a Flash going rogue would be unstoppable

I like to think it's because a writer could feasibly come up with a reason for why superman would be in a position where he could be stopped despite being able to fry any opponent from orbit with a glance. Flash is a different story though there is no realistic way to stop a man that can move faster that instantaneous travel, perceive the shortest measurably increments of time, and vibrate his molecules through solid matter. If he wants you dead then that's what's going to happen.

>2003 ninja turtles
>Mikey, Don, and Raph are shown killing people multiple times
>Leo isn't shown killing someone even once despite having the deadliest weapons on the team

Attached: 420fc4726a7e6c80ab02c77f4c120f44.jpg (360x270, 20K)

You're forgetting that Barry generates the literal Speed Force and lets other speedsters siphon it from him.
That's like Superman being his own sun except that sun is also god-like cosmic force.

Why does nobody with telekinesis never just fucking shoot people up into the fuckin air like 200 feet?

>Psychic Powers
>Jobs

Attached: job jobbs.jpg (474x267, 19K)

Also, about your complaint of telekinetics throwing rocks, how would you feel if they carried hundreds of small blades to throw at enemies instead, assuming their abilities could handle it?

Seems like a lot of trouble when you could just shoot someone and get the same effect

Good point, but bullets can't be re-aimed once fired.

bullet's can't be redirected nor used defensively

I still think crushing their fucking skulls would be easier.

No user, we can actually lift cars, the problem is it'd kill us if we tried.

First one I agree with. This really gets my goat, writers and illustrators really don't spend enough time thinking about what makes for a genuinely unsettling eldritch.

Attached: TelekineticGuide1.png (800x2400, 66K)